Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Newbie 2004: Trash Panada Hour. Redux! GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Newbie 2004: Trash Panda Hour

Player ListTuxedo Mask
CopyKat

BBmolla
Osuka
iamironcat *

gibus
Alortom
votato *

Nauci
feathers *

Blair
Freddiethelady *

Dunnstral
lilith2013 (SE)

Wavesarc
brassherald (SE) *

Battle Mage
Formerfish (SE)

* Denotes Prod

alive
Tuxedo mask

Nausi

Battle Mage

Blair

DeadWavesarc A
Vanilla Townie
Lynched Day 1
Gibus A
Vanilla Townie
Lynched Day 2
BBMolla (Osuka) A
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 2
Dunnstral A
Mafia Goon
Lynched Day 3
Alortom A
Vanilla Townie
Killed Night 3
Last edited by Elmo TeH AzN on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 34 times in total.
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

The Rules - Please read them:

Directly Stolen From Hoopla (With Minor Edits)

> Fundamental
1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote/screenshot any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. You may paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role title, abilities and results) but direct quoting and talk about role PM flavour is not allowed.
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring any personal grudges in. Lets have fun, okay!

> Voting, Lynching & Death
5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bolded or in vote tages, like so: VOTE: Elmo TeH AzN or
VOTE: ETA
If It looks like a vote it will be counted.
6) Unvotes when switching votes aren't necessary, but will be appreciated.
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
8) The town may opt to
'no lynch'
in lieu of lynching a player on any day. VOTE: No Lynch is the format for this. No lynching requires only 50% of the town's votes to go through, as opposed to a majority.
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. Do not post in the thread until the game is over, not even a 'bah' post, for real.

> Activity & Deadlines
10) Prods will be issued after 36 hours in a row without posting or under request from players. Multiple prods will probably lead to your replacement.
11) Things come up in life. If you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
12) Deadlines for this game will be 10 days for Day 1 and 7 days for following Day Phases. Night Phases will last 48 hours.
13) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will be no lynch.
14) Nights will have a 48 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night action or do not send it via DM, you will automatically default to 'no action' for that night, and you will do nothing.

> Miscellaneous

15) Please do not use small/invisible text, steganography or advanced forms of coding/cryptography. Breadcrumbing is an acceptable form of basic coding.
16)
Blue
is my colour I will use for modly purposes. All other colours are fair game.
17) Do not try to exploit any loopholes there may be in this rule-set. I reserve the right to add, remove or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Setup Information

NewD3 (as designed by RadiantCowbells):

ABC
Mafia
Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Rolecop
Mafia Goon
Row 1
Town Cop and Town Doctor
Town Tracker and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2
Town Jailkeeper and Town Tracker
Town Jailkeeper and Town Friendly Neighbor
Town Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3
Town Mason and Town Mason
Town Tracker and Town Doctor
Town Mason and Town Mason

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role.
The remaining six roles will be filled in by
one mafia goon
and
five vanilla townies
appropriately, to create a
2-mafia
and
7-town
setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects.
Mafia Roleblocker
action takes precedence over a
Town Jailkeeper
action should that apply.

Mafia are able to communicate in their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: List of Setups
Column A & Row 1:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3:
Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Friendly Neighbor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3:
Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Tracker, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3:
Mafia Goon x 2, Town Mason x2, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Sample Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a
Town Cop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are
Town
or
Mafia
. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town MasonWelcome!

You are a
Town Mason

You know that PLAYER NAME is Town-aligned. You also share a Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You have no active abilities.

The game thread is here.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a
Town Tracker

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

The game thread is here.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a
Town Doctor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

The game thread is here.

Town Friendly NeighborWelcome!

You are a
Town Friendly Neighbor

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be sent a message informing them that you are Town-aligned.

The game thread is here.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partner is PLAYERNAME who is a
Mafia Goon/Roleblocker/Rolecop
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Rolecop

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment.
Vanilla Townies
and
Mafia Goons
will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Mafia Goon
. Together you share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional Private Thread (PT), located here, where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

Mafia Goon

The game thread is here.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Introduction and Tips

Here are some helpful links (a lot of them from our helpful wiki):

-> Forum Rules and Guidelines
-> The Glossary
-> Commonly Used Abbreviations
-> The Newbie Guide
-> Articles on How to Play Well (be sure to check the dates these were written/updated, as good advice changes over time)

Key Concepts and Tips

Activity

Try to check in at least once a day.
Besides the activity requirements listed in Plotinus' original post, it's just necessary for a fun and healthy game that everyone
plays
. If you post very rarely, or only post a little bit at a time, you may get scumread for lurking. Even if you are not scumread for it, what's the fun in playing a game where multiple people are hardly participating?

Site Meta

Meta is the description of how people on Mafiascum like to play mafia. Things can be different on other online mafia sites, or if you play IRL, so it's good to know what's expected of you on this site. These aren't "rules", per se, but if you don't follow these guidelines it is likely things will go poorly for you on MS. Some examples are...

Random Voting Stage (RVS)

Games on MafiaScum almost always begin with what we call the Random Voting Stage (RVS). At this point in the game, we are in a low information game state (except the mafia, which know everyone’s alignment). As a way to provoke reaction, start a discussion, and try to determine alignment, people will usually vote for non-serious reasons. As the discussion progresses, we will eventually get the game moving and progress out of RVS.

Voting, L-x, and Hammers

L-x is a way to convey how far away a player is away from a lynch. For example, you should always announce that you are putting someone at L-1 (1 vote away from a lynch) so that someone doesn’t come along and accidentally vote for that players lynch. This also prevents Mafia-aligned players from coming along and placing the final vote to lynch (“hammer”) and claiming ignorance about doing so. You may also see L-2 and L-3 (2 votes away from a lynch and 3 votes away from a lynch, respectively).

Before you hammer a player, state your intent to hammer (usually done in bold) and ask the player to claim their role. This is done to prevent power roles from being lynched, and can sometimes get Mafia-aligned players to be caught (via counter claiming). It's best to then allow other players to react and discuss the claim before hammering.

Claiming Your Role

It is almost always best to not claim your role unless you are at L-1 and have been asked to claim as part of an “intent to hammer.” This is because, as a town power role (“PR”), if you out prematurely, you are likely to be night-killed (“NK’d”). As a Vanilla Townie (“VT”), claiming early helps the mafia team narrow down the setup and possible PR candidates. An exception to this would be if a mafia player claimed your role, claiming early to counter the false claim (“CC”) would out the mafia player, and would be a benefit to the town.

Do not fake claim a power role as town!
While it may help you avoid getting lynched, you might cause a real PR to out themselves by counter claiming - then the mafia will know who the PR is, and you will probably get lynched for lying to town. Feel free to fake a claim as scum, though, if you think it would help.

LyLo

LyLo is the shortened representation of “lynch or lose.” LyLo in the Newbie Queue is when there are 3 remaining players, 2 of which are town and 1 is mafia; or when there are 5 remaining players, 3 of which are town and 2 are mafia. It is important in these situations that the town aligned players do not carelessly vote like is done during RVS or early days, as the mafia player(s) can organize and instantly provide the necessary votes to lynch (“quickhammer”) and win the game.

Conclusion

Mafia is hard!
As town, it can be hard to figure things out, and stressful when people think you're scum.
That's okay!
Just share your thoughts on who you think is scum as they come to you, and don't be afraid to change your mind. As scum, it can be hard to lie convincingly, and stressful when people think you're scum. Don't let that scare you! Try to think of what you would post if you were town, and don't be afraid to "change your mind".

This is a game.
Have fun!

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 6:15 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Role Pm's have been sent out. Please Confirm using the instructions in your Role PM

Game will start when 7/9 players confirm or (expired on 2020-05-09 08:00:00)

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Votecount 1.00
Not Voting (9) -
lillili, iamironcat, gibus, votato, feathers, Freddiethelady, lilith2013, Brassherald, Formerfish
With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 10 days until all players have confirmed.

Permanently V/LA
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by Formerfish »

:sips coffee:
:twiddles thumbs:

I guess I'll go first.

Hi. I'm formerfish and I'm a Mafiaholic.

I've been playing off and on for years. It was never really a problem until I found myself staying up for 3 days straight while posting my way to 1500 posts in a newbie.

I had one last hurrah before detoxing and entering the program.

I'm only in this game and I am looking to reset. I think I can handle a newbie. I mean it's just one game right. One game. Thats all.

Vote Brass

He knows why, and if he doesn't ask the Lady.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 8:08 pm

Post by gibus »

Hi votato! VOTE: votato
outsmarts bullet
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 8:16 pm

Post by feathers »

Heh, already seeing some prior history hm.

Well, hey folks. First time pbf Mafia player, did a couple irl and Salem games before but nothing regular. I tend to sit back and watch the happenings for a bit at first, so not voting just yet. Open to Lady, love to hear why you/fish might want us to vote Brass. And gibus - that was a fast one as well. Do I sense a grudge?
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 8, feathers wrote: And gibus - that was a fast one as well. Do I sense a grudge?

Well no, I see the future.
outsmarts bullet
feathers
feathers
Townie
feathers
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 8:28 pm

Post by feathers »

Heh.. just lovely.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 8:32 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 6, Formerfish wrote: I had one last hurrah before detoxing and entering the program.
So what did you learn in the program?
outsmarts bullet
iamironcat
iamironcat
Townie
iamironcat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 9:48 pm

Post by iamironcat »

Hola, also had some mafia history in other places. Have never played a mafia game which lasted this long tho. I don't get the vote for Votato so VOTE:
gibus
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2020 9:54 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Apologies for the Lock made an error asking how to proceed.

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 2:17 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

So your wonderful Mod Messed up and revealed the Mafia team on a PT. Either way Role are being redistributed and sent out. I'll reopen the thread when enough people confirm or (expired on 2020-05-10 08:00:00)

Permanently V/LA
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Votecount 1.REDUX
Not Voting (9) -
lillili, iamironcat, gibus, votato, feathers, Freddiethelady, lilith2013, Brassherald, Formerfish
With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is paused at 10 days until all players have confirmed.

Mod Note: Let's Try This Again

Permanently V/LA
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:33 am

Post by votato »

damn, i was really looking forward to playing scum
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:34 am

Post by votato »

VOTE: elmo for ruining that opportunity
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:38 am

Post by brassherald »

Yo, what up?

VOTE: Former Fish

I was town PR before!
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:39 am

Post by lilith2013 »

VOTE: formerfish mafia addicts should be quicklynched so they become less addicted
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:39 am

Post by votato »

In post 12, iamironcat wrote:Hola, also had some mafia history in other places. Have never played a mafia game which lasted this long tho. I don't get the vote for Votato so VOTE:
gibus
this is known as the RVS, or Random Vote Stage, where people vote for silly reasons to get the game started, and then we gradually progress to more serious posting as we get a few bandwagons going.

hi gibus! good to see that youre unscathed.

pedit: im on to you, brass.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:48 am

Post by brassherald »

No, you're on Elmo.

I'm so smart.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Freddiethelady
Freddiethelady
Goon
Freddiethelady
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Freddiethelady »

In post 9, gibus wrote:
In post 8, feathers wrote: And gibus - that was a fast one as well. Do I sense a grudge?

this is great - old adversaries meeting again. cheap entertainment!

hi everyone. i didn't interact much my first game because i wasn't really sure how to play/play well. im still haven't figured it out since this is my second game, but i intend to chat a lot so that i can help make this as interesting as possible.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:52 am

Post by votato »

haha i scum, suq it!
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri May 08, 2020 4:53 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 9, gibus wrote:

Ah shit I got rickrolled

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”