Newbie 2005 [Game Over!]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

That should say “inclined” not “inquired”
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by piisirrational »

Literally agreeing with someone else on an opinion is not AI. Furthermore, I actually explained why I felt your post was scummy, and votato could've had a much different take on that. Just because I posted my things after him does not make me scummy.

Unless you got information from a power role result which confirms that I am scum, quicklynching is a very very bad idea.

Town doesn't always naturally do town things. So yes, they still try to look town, but to a much lesser extent.

Anything you found in Egix96, Gobble, Homura, or Aloratom that is a town tell? Just because they didn't do anything scummy thus far doesn't mean they're town.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

What is AI?

Okay thank you for the information on quick lynching.

It appears we disagree on the town/scum tells and the reasons but that’s alright.

You are right, just because they didn’t do anything scummy thus far
doesn’t
mean they’re town, but overall nothing stands out to me. But I will go back over again and see if I missed anything that does.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by votato »

AI = Alignment Indicative.
NAI = Not Alignment Indicative

to link to a post:

Code: Select all

[post]328[/post]

becomes:
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by votato »

as it turns out you cannot link to the post you are currently making though. itll work now
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 323, piisirrational wrote:Looking back at Italiano's catch up posts, I
also
have to say that it wasn't very good. They
didn't seem that scummy at first glance
, but after paying more and more attention to them it is a pretty good scumtell.
I’ve bolded what I think weakens your argument. You said “also” which means it wasn’t your original thought and it didn’t stand out to you
until
Votato pointed it out. You said it didn’t seem scummy at first glance which again means it didn’t stand out to you. If it was truly scummy that would have been what you came in saying, like Votato did. But you didn’t. You highlighted my question to NK15 of why he unvoted you. If it was as scummy as you are saying now, you would have highlighted it from the start. It just seems a bit inconsistent and wishy washy. You have the same type of inconsistency with Horuma. You had her town (in post #213 when you updated your reads) for asking questions and pressuring people and then voted for her (in post #298) for asking questions and pressuring people.

I think you are scum. Town doesn’t act like you are acting. Town are inconsistent, but unless “new” information comes forward they usually don’t do 180s on people, which you have done and I’m not sure if you’d have any of that information on Day 1.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:16 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Okay thank you Votato. That makes sense.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Also could you tell me what you meant when you said
“did not like that catch up. this slot has not gotten any townier”

The first part I get, I don’t get the second part.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by votato »

In post 332, ItalianoVD wrote:Also could you tell me what you meant when you said
“did not like that catch up. this slot has not gotten any townier”

The first part I get, I don’t get the second part.
i scum read beansi, your predecessor. i still think you're scum now.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Fair enough.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Do we vote for slots or for people? That doesn’t really make sense to me. Why even have a differentiation amongst characters if we are just filling slots?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by votato »

In post 335, ItalianoVD wrote:Do we vote for slots or for people? That doesn’t really make sense to me. Why even have a differentiation amongst characters if we are just filling slots?
you vote the person, but the guy you replaced had the same role as you, and the vote carries over.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 333, votato wrote: i scum read beansi, your predecessor. i still think you're scum now.
Okay why?
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Okay so I have one vote on me because Beansi had one on her? Well 2 now because you voted for me. :)
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:46 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 318, votato wrote:VOTE: italianoVD. did not like that catch up. this slot has not gotten any townier
Ehhhhh.
In post 324, ItalianoVD wrote:Okay, I will explain my thoughts better. Sorry if I was being vague.

While I was reading through the prior pages, NK15 and Homura seemed like the most experienced just based on how they were interacting with you and because I don’t know anyone’s styles, habits, or tells, I was going to follow one of them. NK15 was the only one to vote so I figured he had figured you out. It made sense to me because as I stated it’s a tell that has been proven to be as scum/wolf before.

Also when I mentioned your post about when you said that Town try to look town. I disagree with that and that’s why it stood out to me. The reason I disagree is because town don’t TRY to look town (meaning they don’t intentionally try to post and act town) they unintentionally do by trying to solve the puzzle and catch the scum. Town also don’t truly care how they are perceived. Because they have nothing to hide they don’t usually fight as hard to appear right. Scum TRY to look town and do all the things town don’t feel inquired to do, so to me that statement is deceitful.

That post along with what NK15 pointed out in your first post is why I agree or agreed with him and why I asked him to explain why he took his vote off of you and onto Aloratom. I don’t know about quicklynch so I don’t know the pros and cons of that, but NK15 obviously felt a strong enough read from you to even mention it. From what I saw Aloratom’s suspicion didn’t quite outweigh yours and it seemed like the explanation, which was very wordy, seemed to be weaker than what he assumed he had on you.

Also I don’t know what constitutes good catch up post from bad ones, but I do know that these were the main things that stood out to me.

Egix96, gobbledygook, Aloratom, and Homura seem the most town to me because nothing they did or said stood out to me.

I’m leaning more towards town for NK15
, but just want him to explain why he thinks his read on Aloratom is stronger than his read on you.

The ones I feel iffy on so far are you, Snowblaze, and Votato

You
for reasons I’ve already stated.
Snowblaze
came in to post about hating timezones and that they were present and that you were pinging her radar, but didn’t want to vote for you before hearing from other people. Then placed a vote on Aloratom for only saying hello and feels okay keeping her vote on Aloratom for not contributing and didn’t wait before hearing from other people. This was early on though and she has now switched, but that stood out to me.
Votato
just seems like they are trying to lead the town
. That may be a normal tell so it maybe nothing. I don’t know and sorry if I can’t explain it further, it’s just what I see.

And after what you posted I feel even more okay voting for you. You only stated that my catch up post seemed scummy after Votato stated it was. I understand that people point out things that you may miss, but if that was something that immediately stood out to you you would have lead with it imo especially given the fact that I have no clue about catchups and whatnot.
These seem to be pretty novel takes. I would be interested if you could show me what you saw as towny from NK, because I'm not really seeing it.

As for votato, I guess what you mean is he looks like he's trying to control the narrative? Any specific posts of his which exemplify that?
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

@ItalianoVD, I'm not really sure why you're suspecting me. I put a pressure vote on someone who had posted but not contributed, and left it there when they didn't start contributing. That being said, I get your reason for suspecting votato even less, so...

Elaborate on why votato is suspicious, please.

Also, not sure why you're town reading people purely for not doing anything suspicious. It makes more sense to have these people as null unless they've been actually acting towny. Which of the people on your list of non-suspicious people would you say have been actively towny as opposed to not scummy?
Snowblaze
Snowblaze
Goon
Snowblaze
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu May 21, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by Snowblaze »

@pi, please explain why pressure-voting your town reads is a good idea. Surely if you want to pressure someone, it would be someone in the null to scum range?
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 330, ItalianoVD wrote:
In post 323, piisirrational wrote:Looking back at Italiano's catch up posts, I
also
have to say that it wasn't very good. They
didn't seem that scummy at first glance
, but after paying more and more attention to them it is a pretty good scumtell.
I’ve bolded what I think weakens your argument. You said “also” which means it wasn’t your original thought and it didn’t stand out to you
until
Votato pointed it out. You said it didn’t seem scummy at first glance which again means it didn’t stand out to you. If it was truly scummy that would have been what you came in saying, like Votato did. But you didn’t. You highlighted my question to NK15 of why he unvoted you. If it was as scummy as you are saying now, you would have highlighted it from the start. It just seems a bit inconsistent and wishy washy. You have the same type of inconsistency with Horuma. You had her town (in post #213 when you updated your reads) for asking questions and pressuring people and then voted for her (in post #298) for asking questions and pressuring people.

I think you are scum. Town doesn’t act like you are acting. Town are inconsistent, but unless “new” information comes forward they usually don’t do 180s on people, which you have done and I’m not sure if you’d have any of that information on Day 1.
Homura's vote is not inconsistency. If you had bothered to read my thing, I liked that they were asking questions and pressuring people, but I didn't like that they weren't contributing any original ideas, so I voted them to pressure then to at least give reads. That's not inconsistency, and just because I voted someone doesn't mean I think they're scum. This isn't a 180.

Also, just because something doesn't look scummy at first glance doesn't make it any less scummy. In fact, it makes it more scummy since scum are more likely to make posts which don't look obvscum but still somewhat are.
piisirrational
piisirrational
Goon
piisirrational
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 am

Post by piisirrational »

In post 341, Snowblaze wrote:@pi, please explain why pressure-voting your town reads is a good idea. Surely if you want to pressure someone, it would be someone in the null to scum range?
Well, if I townread them for doing something, but then don't like that they're not doing something else, then I might pressure them to do it. Overall though they're still a townlean. None of my reads are set in stone either.

So in short,

Voting someone to apply pressure =/= not thinking they're a townlean
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 3:53 am

Post by AaronFrost »

Vote Count 1.10

Vote Count
Not Known 15 [2]:
Egix96, gobbledygook
Aloratom [2]:
Homura, Not Known 15
ItalianoVD [2]:
Aloratom, votato
piisirrational [2]:
Snowblaze, ItalianoVD
Homura [1]:
piisirrational
gobbledygook [0]:

Egix96 [0]:

votato [0]:

Snowblaze [0]:

Not Voting [0]:

With 9 in play, it takes 5 votes to lynch

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-05-24 14:00:00)

Notes
- ItalianoVD replaced Beansi
- Prodding gobbledygook
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 4:54 am

Post by Aloratom »

Sorry, I've been focused on something else.

Thanks for repping in, Italiano. I guess we still have 48 hours or so to make a decision, well, before we are forced to anyway. We need to figure out where we're headed.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:03 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 318, votato wrote:VOTE: italianoVD. did not like that catch up. this slot has not gotten any townier
What didn't you like about that catchup?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Aloratom
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Aloratom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Aloratom »

I've got to read Italiano's entrance closer. I don't like NotKnown's push on me, or really understand it for that matter. I still don't like his out of the gate push on pi. A couple of people have said or implied that it's been easier to find scummy things than Townie things this game. I think that's probably true.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

In post 324, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m leaning more towards town for NK15, but just want him to explain why he thinks his read on Aloratom is stronger than his read on you.
The read on Aloratom was not stronger at that time, but at that time no one seemed to want to vote them; while Aloratom was both suspect AND a potential partner for the other scumread.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri May 22, 2020 8:37 am

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 340, Snowblaze wrote:@ItalianoVD, I'm not really sure why you're suspecting me. I put a pressure vote on someone who had posted but not contributed, and left it there when they didn't start contributing. That being said, I get your reason for suspecting votato even less, so...
Snowblaze, it just seemed weird to me that you wouldn't vote for pii until you heard from others. At that point however, at least 3 people were suspecting him. So I didn't want to read too much into so I let it go because I don't know how you play and maybe waiting is normal for you. But then you voted for Aloratom without waiting for others to come in as you said you'd do for pii. I figured it was the same thing. I don't know how Aloratom plays, so some of you may have picked up on something I just don't see. However, your read an interaction with Pii on page 12 from posts 295-299 has me thinking that you are more town than scum. You caught pii
In post 340, Snowblaze wrote:Elaborate on why votato is suspicious, please.
To me it just seems like he was leading. His catch up post where he is asking everyone questions just seemed like he was trying to lead them in the direction he wanted. Almost like forming narratives with his questions to lead the town into thinking a certain way. Again if that's his thing then it can be disregarded, but that's all I saw and it just seemed planned to me. With that said however, this jumped out at me when reading back over the posts #52, when he analyzes NK15's moves on pii. It makes a lot of sense and I'd be willing to begin leaning town on votato because of it and make me look closer at NK15.
In post 340, Snowblaze wrote:Also, not sure why you're town reading people purely for not doing anything suspicious. It makes more sense to have these people as null unless they've been actually acting towny. Which of the people on your list of non-suspicious people would you say have been actively towny as opposed to not scummy?
I see, so it'd be better to null read those I said were town? Got it.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”