he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #132 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:01 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 92, davesaz wrote:
Paperback Writer
May 19, 2020 davesaz SirCakez Jigsaw's Revenge All the creepy dialogue and imagery of the Saw movies, complete with diabolical traps and gruesome outcomes, right here wrapped up as a game of Mafia. I loved it all from the first glimpse of a role pm right to the very end.
In post 93, Jingle wrote:
Paperback Writer
May 19, 2020 Jingle SirCakez Jigsaw's Revenge I don't like the Saw franchise. With that said, dave is absolutely right. This game fully encapsulated the spirit of Saw. You can see how much effort went into the design of each individual trap (all 21 of which referenced the movies), the neighborhoods being flavor accurate, the scumteam having both flavor accurate neighborhood membership AND town fakeclaims with neighbor accurate flavor, a sense of urgency that the pace of the game set that was in keeping with the horror theme, and even a role that got to write additional flavor that made sense in the world of the game. Say what you will about the rest of the game, but the flavor was 100% on point and crazy detailed.
In post 95, Almost50 wrote:
Paperback Writer
May 19, 2020 davesaz SirCakez Jigsaw's Revenge All the creepy dialogue and imagery of the Saw movies, complete with diabolical traps and gruesome outcomes, right here wrapped up as a game of Mafia. I loved it all from the first glimpse of a role pm right to the very end.
Seconded (is this the correct way to vote for an already nominated setup/flavour?)
In post 96, davesaz wrote:
In post 95, Almost50 wrote:
Paperback Writer
Seconded (is this the correct way to vote for an already nominated setup/flavour?)
We don't necessarily track this type. It's fine for commentary.
In post 97, Jingle wrote:Yeah, nth's don't really matter unless you do another write up. TBF, that's mostly because the judges have to read all of the nominated games to weigh in on a category and shouldn't just be judging based on who nommed.

I'm sure Cakez appreciates the sentiment though!
OMG I didn't see these until today! Thanks guys! I busted my ass on that game, I'm really glad you liked it!
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #137 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:37 am

Post by SirCakez »

Mad Scientist
11/11/2020
SirCakez lilith2013 Mini Theme 2164: Betrayal Mafia
Lilith did an amazing job turning the board game Betrayal at House on the Hill into a Mafia game. The stats and dice-rolling elements were brought in perfectly, as was the exploration of the House and its many items and rooms. Everything was deeply flavored and she even came up with a Haunt specific to this run of the game that can be changed out in future iterations. The basic mafia night of (cop check, doctor protect, mafia kill) was completely turned on its head and mutated into a game of Betrayal WITHIN a game of Mafia.

This could also go in Rube Goldberg and Paperback Writer
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #161 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:24 am

Post by SirCakez »

Moment of Brilliance
SirCakez The town of Xenoblade 2 Mafia Xenoblade 2 Mafia I was scum in this game and we got totally, completely annihilated by a storm of essentially perfect town day and nightplay. Town found each other quickly and efficiently, nailed scum at day easily, and was never in danger of losing or miseliminating anyone. I don't think there was any weak link in the town at all and everyone played amazingly, resulting in the perfect town win night 3 when the last two scum conceded.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #163 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

Paragon of Mafia Hunters
11-30-2020 SirCakez Cabd (1) Xenoblade 2 Mafia - As mentioned in my previous nom this game was a total massacre for town and it was completely lead by Cabd. Cabd totally nailed me day 1 and proceeded to correctly nail every other scum by night 2. His insane presence at day gave scum no chance at all to control the game and had us wanting to NK him from the first 24 hours. His incredibly accurate reads had town in the driver's seat the whole game. AND THIS WAS ALL WHILE HE WAS DEALING WITH SURGERY!

(2) Smoke-Filled Antechamber - While not the stomp that Xenoblade 2 was (due to unrelated player choices), Cabd showed his scumhunting and townleading chops here. He did an excellent job uniting the town and helped quickly sort the game down into a POE pool from which town ultimately won the game.

(3) Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia - I did not play in this but Flavor Leaf can attest to Cabd's skill here.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #314 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:08 am

Post by SirCakez »

Nth Haschel
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”