Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #55 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Incognito »

Nominate:
The Town of Open 58

Award:
Best Performance

Game:
Open 58 - Texas Showdown

This was a Vengeful Mafia set-up. Vengeful Mafia games are usually favored towards scum but the town was able to pull off the victory. There were good arguments in this game, excellent analysis, and trapping which lead to a strong town win. A fun read.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:28 am

Post by Incognito »

JDodge wrote:
Incognito wrote:
Nominate:
The Town of Open 58

Award:
Best Performance

Game:
Open 58 - Texas Showdown

This was a Vengeful Mafia set-up. Vengeful Mafia games are usually favored towards scum but the town was able to pull off the victory. There were good arguments in this game, excellent analysis, and trapping which lead to a strong town win. A fun read.
1) No self-noms

2) That town won because of lazy scum, and you blew up and quit midway through day 1 anyways
1) That's not a self-nom. I said I nominate the entire town not just myself. If you consider that to be a self-nom, then why did this (from Scummies 2007) not count as a self-nom: is this a self-nom??

2) I didn't quit midway. That was called a trap which worked quite successfully to basically solidify the win for the town. As for lazy scum or not, that's a matter of opinion.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #60 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Incognito »

oshi- I didn't read further.

I phail. Rofl.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #82 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Incognito »

pickemgenius wrote:I fail to see how Greasy Spot's claim is even a little funny.
It was a mountainous game.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #139 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Incognito »

Thirded: Awesome Pants for Funniest Role Claim

=)
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #270 (isolation #5) » Thu May 29, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Incognito »

ooba wrote:Also nominate Nubigena for

Best Flavor Text (Paperback writer)

The flavor corresponded to the setup very well. Here is the first post and the Last lynch followed by the role pm post.
Seconded. destructor put a lot of effort into writing that and definitely deserves to be considered for this award.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #538 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Incognito »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I'd like to resurrect my idea for the awards,
The Bus Driver Award, for best bus
and the new,
The "Look a Distraction!" Award, for best derailing of a scumbuddy lynch
Why would those two specific scum tactics require their own awards? Couldn't those fall into the Best Performance (Scum) category just fine?

If categories were opened up for specific tactics, you'd probably have to create further and further subdivisions of awards outside of those two as well. Also, how about town tactics like Best Case Against Scum (Town) or Best Lightning Rod (Town)? The possibilities would be endless, which is probably why the awards are so generalized.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #546 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Incognito »

Not sure if it's possible for three people to get the same award, but I think at least one of these three people deserves this one:

Nominate:
Elmo, destructor, and farside22.
Award:
Leonidas award.
Game:
Mini 664 - AoaDA

Details:
farside22 pretty much had two of the three scum nailed on Day 1 upon replacing in. Elmo-Cop and destructor-Vanilla Town collaborated during Day 2 to further pursue the case against the two scum and eventually seemed to bring their way towards discovering the third scum as well through excellent scum-hunting tactics, good questioning, and imaginative thinking. The game went sour only when Elmo counterclaimed thinktank-Cop during Day 2 after initially contemplating the possibility of a double cop set-up due to the game mechanic (he was right though he didn't know it at the time, obv). During Day 3, Elmo had a guilty on one of the three scum, but the town didn't buy his explanation of there being a double cop set-up, and he was lynched costing the town the game. farside22, Elmo, and destructor seemed to be in a mind-meld the whole game and did a nice job of demonstrating what good, concentrated scum-hunting and strong pro-town play can do to completely break a game open for the town.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”