Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:31 am

Post by Oversoul »

I've actually been curious about this for a while...
If something happens with regards to a player who is nominated such as the recent snafu with Scummies /in-vitational (the game itself) does that bar it from review? For example, if a person was nommed for Paragon but got banned for 3 months would that prohibit them from winning? Or would it be a psychological thing and just prejudice the judges?
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:59 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 191, animorpherv1 wrote:
In post 164, Chevre wrote:
Nominate Survivor: Sky Pillar for Outstanding MishMash Game
. The moderators were animorpherv1, kloud1516, and kdowns, if you need to know that stuff.
This begs me the question:

The account used on the site as the official 'host' was Mewtwo (a hydra account used for modding), but it was kloud/kdowns/I who were hosting it. Which account(s) get the award?
In post 192, Voidedmafia wrote:Both Reck and UT got the award for AIDS Infector, right? Wouldn't it stand to reason that all three of you would get that one?
Not quite...

Ani you and your co-mods need to PM Flay about that, though.

nth Nuwen

I think she is an underrated/appreciated player.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (isolation #2) » Sat May 18, 2013 9:34 am

Post by Oversoul »

Nominate for best replacement.

mike replaced late into the game when the scum were on the verge of winning and correctly narrowed the last remaining mafia into a pool of 3 players just from his reread alone. He was then able to correctly help point the Vengeful townie in the right direction making sure that the town didn't outright lose with an incorrect kill choice.

For his services among other things, he was night killed that night. :P
Overall mike brings a collected, concise, and articulate point of view to the game that I think should be commended and despite the town loss for this game, his play in this game certainly deserves it. :)

I am nominating for Most Cunning Manipulator.

His play in the uPick Pokemon game was simply spectacular. He risked bussing both of his teammates in a power role heavy game for the town credit but boy did it pay off. From the beginning Glork had a plan to setup this specific LyLo design that would maximize his chances of winning. Through his interactions with his teammates and strong arming the lynches that he wanted, Glork didn't even have to lift a finger to secure the LyLo win when both of the townies voted each other. He was viewed as essentially confirmed town for his actions in the game as well as role interactions that made it seem like the Bodyguard died protecting him . Overall a really good scum game where Glork effectively manipulated the players he needed to and killed off the rest.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (isolation #3) » Thu May 23, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 224, Aj The Epic wrote:So let's talk about this guy... The first time I played against him was You Could be Anyone Mafia, where he replaced into a lurking-but-anti-town slot. A claimed neigbhorizer, but nothing going for him at all. I had suspected the slot's former player, but as soon as Yates took over, he basically solidied a town read from everyone and helped the scum team completely manipulate the remaining town. Had it not been for a vig shot, he would've ended it two days after he replaced in, almost solely by him and AuntieJ running the town.
I'd also like to follow this nomination with a nomination for the scum team of You Could Be Anyone for
Best Mafia Performance

The team as a whole played brilliantly, succeeding in a Day 1 Mass Claim which allowed the scum team to navigate a potent combination of power roles during the game. Their strategy to create enough confusion throughout the game was enough to buy the remaining two mafia members enough town cred to lynch a power role in the final stages of the game for the win. Yates played brilliantly securing what was going to be a dead weight mafia member a good standing within the town. Their claims and handling of the mass claim allowed them to thin out the town as well as granting them enough plausibility for their continued survival.

I really am surprised that no one has nominated them so far. I know my brief description doesn't do it justice, but I just finished reading the game and I am very impressed and I hope you all will read this game as well. :)
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (isolation #4) » Sat May 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 243, Desperado wrote:Did you read it because Peregine linked it? Because so did I and holy shit that was a good team.
It reminded me that I wanted to nominate them for a long time
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #5) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Post by Oversoul »

Oh my god don't even remind me of that game.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 317, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
In post 312, JasonWazza wrote:You don't think pulling back from being steamrolled is worth a nomination? :P

2-19 isn't the most fun situation to be in.
It's a team award. 2 out of 7 (!) playing well does not merit a nomination. Both group awards generally go to perfect or near-perfect games.

(The set-up also seems dreadful to me.)
I don't want to be all sour grapes or anything, but Jason lived so long because of his claim. :\ And I agree with CES.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 352, Faraday wrote:
Nominate mastin2 for Professor Mafia

Weird, I thought it'd been done. Basically his threads are what drives most of the discussion in mafia discussion. Some are rambly, some is maybe not treading new ground but there's always a good point in them and I find them interesting as discussion points of general mafia playing theory, if nothing else. They're also useful -- or at the very least a lot of the ideas may not be "unanimously right", but are worth considering.,

Stuff like this, or this, or this shows what I'm talking about. Here's More and more and more. That's 6 threads, some you may find personally more useful than others -- but that's fine, not everything needs to be aimed at everyone.

I mean, yeah he writes a lot but there's a large portion of it that's interesting and worth reading if you actually bother.
I myself was wondering when this would happen. I just never got around to nominating him... being lazy and all. >_> Sorry, buddy.

nth Mastin
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:03 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 384, Faraday wrote:
Nominate: Rift Adrift?
for most memorable moment. Links below.

Basically, the whole "Oversoul keeps blocking gifs, so let's keep rehosting was really funny to read along with. It kinda, kept going on and on

I feel like Oversoul's reactions basically MADE it funny too but still, it was definitely "memorable", and I thought it was pretty funny!
Umm I don't know which posts you are thinking I made but none of these were mine
I guess this is an eye of the beholder view ._.

Zoraster, DGB didn't like getting trolled and she had enough of the picture trolling
Last edited by Oversoul on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Always On is different in that the free communication was restricted to the players in the game. I think /b/mafia or whatever it was called is the closest spiritual successor to Con Mafia.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:12 am

Post by Oversoul »

He only does it when he quotes you.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Oversoul »

nth Magua
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (isolation #12) » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 am

Post by Oversoul »

Nom: Matias for Cor Leone for Scummies Invitational 2012
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #622 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Oversoul »

In post 620, CrashTextDummie wrote:The resolution of the game was indeed delayed for a week, but I don't remember any significant delay on day starts.

Not that I think this is relevant, since it's an award for flavor writing, not modding excellence.
I enjoyed the flavor of that game. Only bad remark I have about the flavor was that barely navigable first post.

2nd Mastin
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:22 am

Post by Oversoul »

Nominate
Magua for Smooth Operator
. He has proven himself to be a top notch game designer, reviewer, and moderator. He has run complicated games, large games, and everything in between. Looking at the success of his like the Arkham series Arkham 2 and the Marketplace series Marketplace 3. You can see that players are attracted to his games because Magua is one of few mods who can competently and professionally run complex games.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #708 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Oversoul »

nominate Faraday for uPick of Ice and Fire for Best Set-up
- most of the roles were fairly unique and created an interesting atmosphere in the game because of no-reveal. As an onlooker, I really enjoyed seeing Faraday's creativity slowly revealed as people character claimed and role claimed. Obviously I am not the best authority (cough players actually in the game cough). A nice mix of unique roles and fairly standard roles. Plus something positive has to come from that game right?

Also, I don't know if I can do this but I just noticed Bumi is nominated for Rising Star. I am Bumi and to avoid any potential claims of favoritism against Mehdi (and because I don't think I have improved as much as others) I would like that nomination withdrawn if that's possible.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #717 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I really do not understand that policy. Literally 95% of it was in 2013.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #720 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 718, N wrote:How do you not understand it? It's not at all complicated.
I think if a game ends within the period of 2013 Scummies still taking nominations and 95% (96% rounded up) occurs in 2013 it... makes... sense? to include it in the 2013 bunch.

In post 719, Venmar wrote:Well movies and video games can be mostly worked and tweaked on in 2013, but they still get branded as 2014 games/movies if they are released in 2014. Same thing applies here in a sense I guess.
I don't see the similarities. Players are not playing that game while it is being made. I think a better analogy would be if you worked on the video game for the entirety of 2013, then worked on the game + released it January of 2014 and then say "I worked on the game in through 2013 and 2014". Technically accurate, but c'mon.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #722 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Oversoul »

I just think there are potential biases in having a game predominantly in a different year be compared to a new a year's games.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #731 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:03 pm

Post by Oversoul »

In post 725, Mr. Flay wrote:Exactly. If 96% is enough, what about 90%? 75%?

Making a sharp line just avoids (most of) the edge cases.
90% determined by diving total posts by ending post (final lynch) number and a week within January seems like a reasonable solution. Either way, nominated it in the 2014 thread.

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”