KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:49 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 62, gobbledygook wrote:I’m trying not to explode the game because I already have a lot of posts and a sizable portion of the game still hasn’t even checked in
Have you considered trying to consolidate your posts so they're not mostly one-liners?

In post 37, Formerfish wrote:The big fan comment to NSG after she voted with you guys is something that pings me too. Like you are trying to gain her favor by pandering to her after she sheeped your sheep.
In post 42, Formerfish wrote:
In post 40, Dannflor wrote: I did take that as a bit of fanboyism, hence my big fan post. I didn't take it as AI at all though, just unsure of the sentiment.
I'm having some trouble seeing how these fit together. It might help if you expanded on how you're "unsure of the sentiment."
In post 68, Hopkirk wrote:
In post 44, KittyMo wrote:
In post 42, Formerfish wrote: I kinda felt like this was her subconsciously admitting to being afraid of being investigated and found out to be scum, so knowing that she couldnt have that happen here to her would be a benefit to her.
That's not my baggage; the last time I even specifically recall being the target of an investigative role was in 2009. I can dig up proof that I have a problem trying to hang PRs if that's of interest.
This is relevant?
His read/pings that I was addressing were very, uh, Freudian. But if he's pinged by his assumptions of my subconscious and I can prove otherwise, I think that's pretty relevant.
In post 72, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 67, Dannflor wrote:Why was this something you felt the need to wait to reveal?
I didn’t actually :P But it is helpful to see what people pick and choose to respond to. Like do people ask legitimate questions are do they ask empty questions like Cephrir’s wood question
Why did you see it as an empty question?
In post 91, gobbledygook wrote:
That is a fair assertion. I had two main reasons for asking the question. 1) I wanted to understand the types of players in this game. I wanted to see if it was going to be a lot of people with big personalities or people who thought highly of themselves a la RC/Mastina/Kuribo, etc. It appears that this playerlist is not like that at all, judging from the responses. Save for probably Dongempire. 2) I wanted it to get us out of RVS by giving us SOMETHING to talk about.
Huh, #1 isn't really what I expected. For me, I liked the line of discussion because it generally gives information about people's values/perspectives on the game. I think knowing how content people are to be in this style of game can be informative about mindset, too. Anyway: Formerfish's response in #28 isn't indicative of a big personality to you?
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:50 am

Post by gobbledygook »

meant to say if you guys are town for not voting me
f
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 98, gobbledygook wrote:I honestly do not know what to make of you. I can't tell if Cephrir was being opportunistic by voting me first while you and Auro were pretty openly probing me with skeptical sounding questions or if you guys are town for not voting me despite the tone of your posts implying that you want to
Me being skeptical about your methods wasn't me being skeptical about your alignment. I'm town reading you, mostly off tone so it's a very not-strong™ read but something I'm willing to stick with for now. I mainly asked because I was wondering if your questioning produced any readable content for you beyond Cephrir.

I like both that Cephrir went to the effort to case the wooden tone he took issue with and then also didn't want to drag out the discussion needlessly. A lot of the time scum relishes in pointless arguing.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:53 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 100, KittyMo wrote:Why did you see it as an empty question?
It isn't a question that someone can answer because it is so subjective. It looks like shade
In post 100, KittyMo wrote:Anyway: Formerfish's response in #28 isn't indicative of a big personality to you?
I didn't even see that post, but yeah that is a big personality.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 102, Dannflor wrote:I was wondering if your questioning produced any readable content for you beyond Cephrir.
I think it gave me readable content on you and Auro for sure, I just currently cannot understand what I am looking at when it comes to you both. I would probably say if you and auro are more likely town and Cephr is more likely scum even though I don't think he answered my question
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 98, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 96, Dannflor wrote:My only problem is the amount of defensiveness you've shown gobble, and why you've jumped so quickly to Cephrir making a bad faith read on your slot. I get it if you don't think your posting has been bad at all (which is a purely subjective thing), but do you at least see why Auro/me would interpret your question as empty? Also, do you have any reads beyond Cephrir at this point?
I'm just tired of being the day 1 lynch. It's been like 6 games now and its uber frustrating because I would say I am above 60% for catching scum but it doesn't matter people just do not understand me and kill me.

I honestly do not know what to make of you. I can't tell if Cephrir was being opportunistic by voting me first while you and Auro were pretty openly probing me with skeptical sounding questions or if you guys are town for not voting me despite the tone of your posts implying that you want to
first time i've been accused of opportunism for voting on something that was not even a wagon at the time
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Cephrir »

anyway that produced more content than expected, and some of it wasn't terrible

VOTE: dannflor

hi dannflor!
Bartleby the Scrivener
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:59 am

Post by gobbledygook »

viewtopic.php?f=83&t=81628&start=575

This game is exactly the type of day 1 that I feel like is happening here
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:00 am

Post by Dannflor »

hello Ceph

wanna talk?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:02 am

Post by Cephrir »

maybe! i'm also procrastinating!

so i've played two games with you, and i thought you looked really town when you were scum and were boring and just kind of there when you were town. is this a pattern, or is it just me?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

fuck, i'm still talking about meta!
Bartleby the Scrivener
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:04 am

Post by Auro »

In post 98, gobbledygook wrote:I can't tell if Cephrir was being opportunistic by voting me first while you and Auro were pretty openly probing me with skeptical sounding questions or if you guys are town for not voting me despite the tone of your posts implying that you want to
Why would not voting you despite our apparent intention to do so make us towny? On the contrary, I'd find that scummy myself.
You state you're on-the-fence about Cephrir here, although you had just voted him for other reasons. I'm kindaaa concerned about the phrasing of this.

Sorry about the grill, I'll stop here. :)

Edit: I looked at viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80850&user_select[]=33140 and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=80463&user_select[]=33140 after typing that up, seems like the turkey is a lot more opinionated in those scumgames. Warrants further checking but I think his behaviour here strays a lot from them, so I'll award him a townread as well now.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Team "Team" Team has just been informed that
Allowing a teammate to post from your account is against site rules. Pretending to break this rule is also against site rules. Please stop.
The entire team would like to deeply apologize and offer our deepest condolences.

If you or anyone you care about has been unduly distressed by Team 'Team' Team's degenerate, abhorrent, and downright repugnant activities (the most likely case being Hopkirk's impression of Elements doing a Kuriboh impression) please contact Firm 'Firm' Firm, an absolutely unaffiliated group. You may be entitled to compensation.

We will return to your regularly scheduled Hopkirk in a few phases when he's had time to think of a new gimmick. Personally I (Hopkirk) think 'actually playing mafia instead of making awful puns' is a tempting one but it's been difficult to get the team to agree. Either way, he does need to eat, probably now.
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:06 am

Post by Auro »

In post 109, Cephrir wrote:so i've played two games with you, and i thought you looked really town when you were scum and were boring and just kind of there when you were town. is this a pattern, or is it just me?
It would massively help (given you have the time) if you could retrieve those ISOs and try to nail down what exactly made him come off as towny/boring in his respective games, general reads on him, and establish if that's a recurrent pattern in others.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:07 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 111, Auro wrote:Why would not voting you despite our apparent intention to do so make us towny? On the contrary, I'd find that scummy myself.
You state you're on-the-fence about Cephrir here, although you had just voted him for other reasons. I'm kindaaa concerned about the phrasing of this.
Yeah, I fixed that in another post, I meant to say scum instead of town
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:08 am

Post by Hopkirk »

To clarify, Hopkirk has been pretending to break this rule that we were not aware of. Also, we don't think the mods are reading your team PTs since we were planning this for months (years if you count before we got the QTs, lifetimes if you believe in reincarnation), so feel free to discuss your meta tells in them - they probably won't be used against you later.

Hopkirk 'Hops' Hopkirk
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:09 am

Post by Dannflor »

I feel those two games were outliers. More often than not—if you'll allow me to brag for a moment—I'm pretty good at obv-towning as town. You can see my recent Micros in Penguin Mafia III and Forest Fire for proof, although I know you're not too much of a meta guy.

That town game in particular is one of my worst town games in recent history and I'm not super proud of it. Overall, I think my scum game is more wooden and static than my town game but asikdfodfjsofijdsferhauihjnrskdf

Let's stop talking about meta

Can you elaborate on where FF is hitting near the right notes for you? Or even why your teammate is town reading FF would be helpful. He's a slot I keep coming back to and can't make up my mind about.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:11 am

Post by gobbledygook »

While we are on the topic of meta, if NSG lurks she is scum. Period.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:12 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 113, Auro wrote:
In post 109, Cephrir wrote:so i've played two games with you, and i thought you looked really town when you were scum and were boring and just kind of there when you were town. is this a pattern, or is it just me?
It would massively help (given you have the time) if you could retrieve those ISOs and try to nail down what exactly made him come off as towny/boring in his respective games, general reads on him, and establish if that's a recurrent pattern in others.
would it?

for one thing it's entirely reasonable people might play differently in team mafia.

for another, it's 2 games of meta and thus not worth much. hell, infinity games of meta isn't worth much.

furthermore, this game has hardly started and i can't imagine painting a picture of exactly my perception of a player right now to be helpful in catching them. for example, one time i replaced into a game and started walling with strong opinions, someone pointed out my scum meta of walling with strong opinions after a replace in, i changed my posts for the rest of the game to be shorter and wishy washy and took free townreads to the bank
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Dannflor »

for example, now I know to get town read by Cephrir I just have to be useless and boring :D
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:17 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 116, Dannflor wrote:I feel those two games were outliers. More often than not—if you'll allow me to brag for a moment—I'm pretty good at obv-towning as town. You can see my recent Micros in Penguin Mafia III and Forest Fire for proof, although I know you're not too much of a meta guy.

That town game in particular is one of my worst town games in recent history and I'm not super proud of it. Overall, I think my scum game is more wooden and static than my town game but asikdfodfjsofijdsferhauihjnrskdf

Let's stop talking about meta

Can you elaborate on where FF is hitting near the right notes for you? Or even why your teammate is town reading FF would be helpful. He's a slot I keep coming back to and can't make up my mind about.
idk how close i'm allowed to stray towards quoting but the basic idea was 'this is just someone who's town and trying to win' and it's probably fair enough to say that sometimes a stick is just a stick

i just reskimmed him and liked it more than i did the first time, and i think he's not afraid to make waves and that's good
Bartleby the Scrivener
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 120, Cephrir wrote:and i think he's not afraid to make waves and that's good
I'm trying not to let this specifically influence my read because I think this is just who FF is as a person

but I think I'm finally vibing with a town read

I don't have any scum reads yet but I guess I can live with that
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:28 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I don't particularly like the Cephrir vote on Dann
gobbledygook