Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:25 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

I was vla and missed 10 pages. Fun. I will catch up tomorrow.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:09 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 306, xofelf wrote: this is a tomorrow problem
When you've been out of town and it's 230am before you had a chance to look at this thread, yeah it's a tomorrow problem. Well technically a today problem but an after I get some sleep problem for sure.

DkKoba's reads weird and makes me lean scum on them. If you have to ask how to get town read, it means you're not town.

I don't like any post Koba has made. So I currently would lim there today.

VOTE: Koba

The interaction between mala and mastina has pinged me. My current thoughts is that they're either both scum or both town. I want to town read Mastina because they shared feelings I had about Koba. And because of Koba. So I'm going to assume both Mastina and Mala are town for now.

I'm going to address the person who voted me after I posted in my next post, but this is how I feel after reading through everything so far.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:14 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 234, Kowahbunga wrote: I was vla and missed 10 pages. Fun. I will catch up tomorrow.
In post 235, DeasVail wrote: VOTE: Kowahbunga
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
In post 236, Shirou wrote: VOTE: kowah
Ali finally got to you?
In post 241, DeasVail wrote:
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
A weird combination of little reasons. I kind of wanted to see how a vote would affect Kowahbunga's catch-up. I'm keen to see where the Italiano pressure goes and so will wait before sharing my full thoughts there but I'm not really feeling the scumread there and Bellaphant also independently reads him as town so I wanted a different place for my vote. And lastly maybe if I tilt my head and squint at it funny I could see Kowahbunga's one post as scummy. Maybe.

Also on your Ydrasse thoughts, despite the fun of TownHunting Inc. I still feel.. cautious about my townread on Ydrasse, because I don't think anything is outside the realm of Ydrasse-scum possibility. But I'm also not so sure that I would be a pocket-target for Ydrasse as scum, and my experience with Ydrasse-town is that content comes out in occasional golden nuggets rather than constantly. The reason for the Mala townread is actually one of the things I liked most. I thought it was a good point that Mala's conviction has been spontaneous rather than in response to pressure and needing to town it up.
This feels like scum attempting to grab some low hanging fruit (me) and start a wagon. Then gets called out on it, but like not even pressed or anything, just someone trying to find out what's up, and in a panic they spill their "evil" "plan". If they really wanted to gauge how I responded to a vote during my catch up... WHY would you say it out loud 7 posts after I mentioned I'm going to catch up tomorrow? It's like they felt they had to explain themselves which is very weird to me.

I'd lim here or Koba today and be happy with it.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 321, DkKoba wrote:please tell me more, oh person who has never played with me before.

perhaps if you took 1 look at context that mastina has historically read me as scum when town consistently, you'd see the reason + i dont like being scumread in general

tell us who you think is town - independent of what you think of my slot
I don't really care about "historically". Everything I need to solve this game is going to be in this thread. Not in other games.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:15 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 321, DkKoba wrote: please tell me more, oh person who has never played with me before.

perhaps if you took 1 look at context that mastina has historically read me as scum when town consistently, you'd see the reason + i dont like being scumread in general

I guess because I never played with you before, my opinion doesn't matter?

Imagine playing the game of mafia and feel the need to express how you don't like being scumread while playing the game of mafia. As if anyone playing does like it.

Since you didn't feel like reading the entire post I made:
In post 308, Kowahbunga wrote: So I'm going to assume both Mastina and Mala are town for now.
Those are my current town reads.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 341, Arko wrote: Kowah? Yeah He's posted on the site during this "v/la" so it's a bad excuse, he knows what I mean most likely, plus a basic y'know post history.
Can you help me understand what you're saying here?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 346, DkKoba wrote:
In post 340, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 321, DkKoba wrote: please tell me more, oh person who has never played with me before.

I guess because I never played with you before, my opinion doesn't matter?

Imagine playing the game of mafia and feel the need to express how you don't like being scumread while playing the game of mafia. As if anyone playing does like it.

Since you didn't feel like reading the entire post I made:
In post 308, Kowahbunga wrote: So I'm going to assume both Mastina and Mala are town for now.
Those are my current town reads.
i'm sure someone as great as you that only needs to read this game can come up with more than that, especially since I'm sure you have at least 1 or 2 teammates to help you with that.

how would you characterize your teammates' ability as scum?
I'm very impressed with your ability to portray how sad you are about getting a role pm with the color red in it through text.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:38 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 391, mastina wrote:
In post 312, ItalianoVD wrote:I guess I should say that I am in a neighborhood with Mastina and others and as I said I initially feel/felt that she is town, but for reasons already stated, I'm questioning that read.
WHY DID YOU OUT THAT
Was this a rhetorical question or did you really want to know why it was outed?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 397, DeasVail wrote:
In post 317, DeasVail wrote:
In post 310, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 234, Kowahbunga wrote: I was vla and missed 10 pages. Fun. I will catch up tomorrow.
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
In post 236, Shirou wrote: VOTE: kowah
Ali finally got to you?
In post 241, DeasVail wrote:
In post 238, Aisa wrote:
I'll bite. Why?
A weird combination of little reasons. I kind of wanted to see how a vote would affect Kowahbunga's catch-up. I'm keen to see where the Italiano pressure goes and so will wait before sharing my full thoughts there but I'm not really feeling the scumread there and Bellaphant also independently reads him as town so I wanted a different place for my vote. And lastly maybe if I tilt my head and squint at it funny I could see Kowahbunga's one post as scummy. Maybe.

Also on your Ydrasse thoughts, despite the fun of TownHunting Inc. I still feel.. cautious about my townread on Ydrasse, because I don't think anything is outside the realm of Ydrasse-scum possibility. But I'm also not so sure that I would be a pocket-target for Ydrasse as scum, and my experience with Ydrasse-town is that content comes out in occasional golden nuggets rather than constantly. The reason for the Mala townread is actually one of the things I liked most. I thought it was a good point that Mala's conviction has been spontaneous rather than in response to pressure and needing to town it up.
This feels like scum attempting to grab some low hanging fruit (me) and start a wagon. Then gets called out on it, but like not even pressed or anything, just someone trying to find out what's up, and in a panic they spill their "evil" "plan". If they really wanted to gauge how I responded to a vote during my catch up... WHY would you say it out loud 7 posts after I mentioned I'm going to catch up tomorrow? It's like they felt they had to explain themselves which is very weird to me.

I'd lim here or Koba today and be happy with it.
What is your plan to achieve a lim that you would be happy with?
I suppose my plan would be, get enough votes? I really don't know how anyone would answer this question. I don't have a plan. I'm just feeling up the game and I got to those two lumps and felt like expressing my desire to see them limmed.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 428, DkKoba wrote: VOTE: italiano pb saw something and now I want to kill this bc I think it's like 99% flipping scum
One of my teammates has also expressed getting weird vibes from Italiano. I've not seen anything to make them stand out either way to me yet.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 512, DeasVail wrote: They want to eliminate Koba, but don't seem aware that a lot of people have expressed townreads of Koba
So you'd town read me more if I just fell in line and agreed with everything everyone else said? What even is this argument against me? Why is my town or scum read of someone have to be in line with what the rest of the game is thinking?

In post 512, DeasVail wrote: are not thinking about how that elimination might happen
What does this even mean? You asked me this in another post, about how the elimination might happen. I have no clue what you're talking about.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:37 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 516, DeasVail wrote:
In post 514, Ausuka wrote: I think kowahbungah comes off as limbait more than anything else. The push on koba is the kind of thing which would be really counterintuitive for scum to do and seems genuine to me. I'm really not convinced by the argument that they're scum for pushing there when other people are townreading Koba - I think it is common for town players to behave that way, especially more aggressive ones.
My thought is more that they on one hand appear convinced by Koba being scum but don't seem to be thinking about how they would make that elimination happen. I would expect at least some more thought about how other people townread Koba --> so I need to convince them!... or I don't think the wagon on X is as likely to hit scum as a wagon on Koba --> I should engage with this!
I don't care if other town read Koba. I do not. That is the information you have to play with regarding it.

I'm just going to present how I feel about something and if people agree, great. If they don't, great. From my POV no one here has any reason to trust me. So why would I try to act like it? Here is a case, believe it or don't. That's for everyone else to decide, not for me to twist their arm until they agree.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #12) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:52 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

I have this slight scum read forming on Shirou right now. I believe from my experience (1 game) that Shirou seems like a very hyper-analytical player. But this post:
In post 352, Shirou wrote: ok wait a second i'm gonna flip a coin to see if i buy this explanation
Strikes me as very odd coming from them. I won't disagree it's a tiny thing. But it feels out of character imo. Can we grab some comments about this from everyone if they feel the same or don't?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #13) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:53 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 465, xofelf wrote: I'm sure it's just a style of Shirou's, but personally 5-7 posts in a row *bug* me. I also disagree with the perception of Ydra. Like, I don't think less *twirls hair* posting means anything. In fact if there was more of it, it would feel fabricated cuz she's just not got that same kind of energy here in this game. This feels like the most RL day to day Ydra I've seen in a game, which makes me think she's town and I'd need something really big and egregious to think otherwise. That being said, i don't think Shirou is scum for posting what they have. I follow why they would think what they did, and the reconsidering didn't come across like some fabricated something.

I hate that Italiano post. Like, there's this smug undertone to it. There's always this undertone that doesn't match the words in most of the posts, and it is driving me batshit. Especially when it changes halfway through the post. I also disagree with his teammate's view on DGB. She is very useful while she's alive, especially as town. She's very good at getting specific reactions with things she says and applying pressure that helps sort people. Maybe that doesn't mean anything to you and your team, but it does to me. And at this point yeeting her doesn't actually give any information one way or another. Right now all we have is her post live reacting to Aisa's post, which while I don't agree is scum Aisa, I can follow along with her process there. I'm not interested in a DGB vote until there's some kind of information to gain from doing so if she is town like I think she is.
I am comfortably putting xof in town pile. All of you should too.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (isolation #14) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:10 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 585, xofelf wrote: I mean, I appreciate that. But I am curious what specifically about that post spoke to you?

Intent to get to that IVD iso as promised either tonight, or first thing after catching up what gets posted from now til I wake up tomorrow.
When I finished reading it, I didn't feel like I was being lied to. Like you just went out of your way to provide some opinions on things that no one asked you to.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:54 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

I agree that there should be pressure on Arko at this point. Something my team has also expressed in our chat.

VOTE: Arko

I still scum read Koba. Town read xof, mastina, mala.

Im still trying to decide if Im scum reading Shirou or if Im just saying “no u” back.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 640, DkKoba wrote: i have a very strong sense of Doom right now like that I am wrong about everything
This paranoia feels forced to me.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (isolation #17) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 664, Ausuka wrote:
In post 650, Arko wrote: DKKoba is probably town from a mechanical point of view
what do you mean by that
I like this question because I had the same thought pop in my head of wanting more info on what it means. I like when I see someone ask the same question that I asked internally.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #18) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:37 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

koba:
In post 640, DkKoba wrote: i have a very strong sense of Doom right now like that I am wrong about everything

also koba:
In post 646, DkKoba wrote: kowah is just my little pet townie thats gonna get carried and realize they kinda were being silly when they see my name as one of the nightkills
From impending doom to I'm so good I'll be night killed. Like I said, that is fake paranoia.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #19) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 690, Shirou wrote: Kowah broke what should be a string of posts but it's ok he's voting Koba.

All that above said, I really objectively dislike Koba's ISO though. They'll argue "it's how they play" but they've been all over the place often hopping on what seems to me some of the most popular suspects through the days. If they're as good of a scumhunter as they claim to be, "a cut above", I would expect some hot takes by this point because rather than witnessing Koba "carrying" anything, to me they're in fact often "sheeping" here.

I'm not sure Koba has pushed anyone that wasn't already being pushed by someone else before.
I'm currently voting Arko, but mentioned in that post that I was still scum reading Koba. I just felt it was time to pressure Arko into providing content. I would switch back to Koba in a heart beat at this moment. I don't see it being very scum hunting of them to just talk about how great they are while doing nothing to prove it. Seems like they just want us to believe their self invented hype.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (isolation #20) » Thu Apr 20, 2023 4:49 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

VOTE: koba

I feel better here.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (isolation #21) » Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:23 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

I'm not currently caught up with the thread. I was checking Discord and Cephir has made it abundantly clear that xofelf is as town as town gets this game. Cephrir has requested that anyone scum reading xofelf should be killed.

Ydrasse is also a town lean for Ceph.

Save the Dragons has also given me a town read on Ausuka after I asked them to ISO them for me while I am at work.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:30 am

Post by Kowahbunga »

@mod vla until monday
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1295 (isolation #23) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 1255, DeasVail wrote: I could maaaybe see a world where the hood is all-town PLUS scum missed it being outed PLUS they specifically chose to kill Aisa over me or xofelf but that's a lot of plusses.
If you could see a world where your whole hood is town, why do you only consider yourself and xofelf as NK potential and not the other two?
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 27, 2023 5:39 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

I've got this feeling Aisa was the night kill because scum could determine they were the player not in a hood.

There's two explanations for how they could figure that out.

Each hood has 1 scum, then it's real easy for them to find the odd ball.

Ausuka's hood are all town and once they outed their town that gave scum enough info to piece it together.

So there's two ways that's how it works.

If all 3 scum are in Italiano's hood, meaning scum are Mastina, Goofball, and Ydrasse - then they wouldn't have enough info even with that. Sure, there were some softs but I don't think it was enough to be as precise as finding the one non-hood player.

I initially wanted to just hard play the game assuming each hood has 1 scum, but after hashing that out with my team I've realized it's a fallacy to play that way. Sure, it might be right, but it's not a good way to town clear someone just because they're still alive and one of their neighbors flipped red.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1378 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 28, 2023 5:09 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 1359, Ydrasse wrote: VOTE: mastina

okay so let me lay this out: my townread on mastina was premature and ill-explained because it was not a real one from the start.
in the neighborhood she opened by it wanting to be a masonry, etc. she stated that she believed that her role made it a masonry as it was an investigative and she thought that it was meant to clear/check people in her hood. the basis of my townread in the neighborhood was that "oh, she REALLY does trust us if she's outing that!" because i wanted to let it slide for role-related reasons (as in, /my/ role.)

mastina "checked" malakittens. mastina
straight up claimed to be a rolecop in the neighborhood.
her claim came after mala posted her role in the main thread. i also know for a fact that mastina did something last night, so she has taken some form of night action. this information comes from my role, and i will not explain further unless it is necessary. i'm prone to believe that mastina is actually a roleblocker of some kind.

mala's action not going off while mastina is claiming to have visited her sure is uh. something. i somewhat feel as if the rolecop was tailored to mala posting her role in thread, as mastina previously claimed her role would
check players to check their alignment
in the neighborhood which, semantics i guess if she thinks roles are heavily tailored to alignment or something, but this feels more like an opportunity taken to work with given information. however, i feel with the roles given out thus far rolecop (my role + the two fruit folk) that a simple rolecop would be a deeply... inelegant take on the setup? i feel like this comes down to speculating on the setup some, but it feels oddly slotted in to have a role that just gives us that kind of information as town. (or at least, compared to my role? frankly i am unsure of the power balances, etc). i also feel like her trying to make the neighborhood a masonry from the start and the strong reads on me is a pocket. i've spoken to my team about this for a while now throughout the game and from the get-go and this is kind of the culmination of it.

i'm genuinely sorry if you're town and i've outted your role mastina but this feels like it's a wolf gambit. i also had the thought that perhaps she was coordinating with someone in mala's neighborhood to get information such as the roleclaim (which i do think is possible beyond mala just sharing her role in thread because mastina seems to be in and out of this game, attention wise for reasons she's stated).

so yeah. do with this information what you will but it feels like wolf shenanigans.
I can get behind this and believe it.

VOTE: mastina
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1436 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:24 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 1413, Ausuka wrote: VOTE: Kowahbungah

I will side with the enemy.this time but Freedom pls still talk about the things I wanted you to talk about I haven't forgotten

Kowah what do you think about DV's reasoning over Mastina? Independently of.the role claim what are your reads now
I felt compelled by Ydrasse's case on Mastina. I voted there. I feel less confident now that I see Koba joined the wagon. I'm happy to be here for now though because the case felt genuine.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1437 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 1414, Shirou wrote:
In post 605, Kowahbunga wrote: I still scum read Koba. Town read xof, mastina, mala.
In post 686, Kowahbunga wrote:
This paranoia feels forced to me.

---- // ----

In post 700, DkKoba wrote: or [
xof
/ Shirou/ italiano] is where I'm at essentially
poe wise
In post 805, Kowahbunga wrote: I was checking Discord and Cephir has made it abundantly clear that xofelf is as town as town gets this game. Cephrir has requested that
anyone scum reading xofelf should be killed.

---- // ----

Okay so up until here, Kowah suspects Koba, but then night happens and suddenly he starts with a completely different take in the game?

In post 1295, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 1255, DeasVail wrote: I could maaaybe see a world where the hood is all-town PLUS scum missed it being outed PLUS they specifically chose to kill Aisa over me or xofelf but that's a lot of plusses.
If you could see a world where your whole hood is town, why do you only consider yourself and xofelf as NK potential and not the other two?
In post 1297, Kowahbunga wrote: I've got this feeling Aisa was the night kill because scum could determine they were the player not in a hood.

There's two explanations for how they could figure that out.

Each hood has 1 scum, then it's real easy for them to find the odd ball.

Ausuka's hood are all town
and once they outed their town that gave scum enough info to piece it together.
Am I not allowed to think about the game any different than my initial thoughts? I feel like Koba is scum, that doesn't mean they are. Like you're literally saying "Kowa has more info in D2 than he did in D1 and his opinion change WHAT WHY?!" like I don't know, I see something think about what it means and offer an opinion.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1438 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:29 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 1415, Shirou wrote: Aside from continuous "
Ellie telling
", Kowah had two suspects on D1: Arko and Koba.

I don't see why Kowah would do a complete 180º on his read on Koba when if anything I think Italiano flipping town made Koba
seem
more suspicious.

Why is Ausuka's hood the one that can be supposedly be town? All the hoods were leaked as we talked, and if anything I think Ausuka's hood was the harder one to find.

(Koba is in Ausuka's hood so it's weird Kowah is considering they likely being all-town right now when Koba was one of his scumreads, just to be clear if anyone doesn't follow the context)
How is Ausuka's hood hard to find when they literally gave every single name of everyone in it?

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”