Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He, him, his

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:50 pm

Post by Zebedee »

Yasss it's my first game here. I have little experience. Other than some experience a few years ago in a in game thread of a game that had nothing to do with Mafia games. Yea that sounds like "aHuh". But it was a game that was played. Love the names btw... What do we do now?
Boingggg... Time for bed...
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 7:51 pm

Post by Zebedee »

Love the image on P1 also...
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:00 pm

Post by Zebedee »

Feck... I'm a baby here....

Please be gentle. So if I think so someone's spouting crap I should say so?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:03 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 32, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 26, Alianna wrote:
In post 22, MargotRosa wrote:
In post 10, Alianna wrote: VOTE: DragonEater70

This draconian leader must be overthrown! Anarchy must reign!!!
Creating fake dragon facts are encouraged. Deciding the leader of the dragons is a cannibal is a bad fact.

VOTE: Alianna
It's not a bad fact if it's true!
So you admit that it's either a bad fact, or a bad fake fact.........

I mean what is this about? From either angle it seems like a "let's attack here as I have nothing better to do" sort of thing ?

Cuz I can't see Anything other than that
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:57 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 34, Alianna wrote:
In post 27, Zebedee wrote: Yasss it's my first game here. I have little experience. Other than some experience a few years ago in a in game thread of a game that had nothing to do with Mafia games. Yea that sounds like "aHuh". But it was a game that was played. Love the names btw... What do we do now?
Basically, we all vote randomly and post mostly non-serious stuff until somehow the game advances out of it.
In post 28, Zebedee wrote: Love the image on P1 also...
Seconded.
Thanks
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:58 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 38, Gypyx wrote:
In post 33, Zebedee wrote: Feck... I'm a baby here....

I'd strongly advise you to check out the guides about townplay that we have on the mafiascum wiki, they're way more insightful than what anyone here could reasonably say

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y_Articles
Thank you
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:00 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 42, Alianna wrote:
In post 38, Gypyx wrote:
In post 33, Zebedee wrote: Feck... I'm a baby here....

I'd strongly advise you to check out the guides about townplay that we have on the mafiascum wiki, they're way more insightful than what anyone here could reasonably say

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y_Articles
And why specifically the townplay guides? This looks TMI-ish.
Though does suggest you're aware of the info difference between town and scum, so it'd be kind of weird if you did actually TMI-slip and then
that
was your next post. Hmmmmmmmm, you can be a townlean for now (probably will have to check my logic tomorrow because it's getting pretty late and my brain is fried). I'm still interested in the answer to that question though.

Yeah I read the post and thought, how does they know I'm town? I thought it was only a thing scums would know...
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:02 am

Post by Zebedee »

In post 64, Claptastik wrote:
In post 34, Alianna wrote:
In post 27, Zebedee wrote: Yasss it's my first game here. I have little experience. Other than some experience a few years ago in a in game thread of a game that had nothing to do with Mafia games. Yea that sounds like "aHuh". But it was a game that was played. Love the names btw... What do we do now?
Basically, we all vote randomly and post mostly non-serious stuff until somehow the game advances out of it.
Also note that the players who have been around a while and know each other might make tone reads at this point based on past experience. For someone new to the site it's difficult to make any meaningful assessments until some serious wagons get going at the earliest. So if you feel lost don't worry about it.

I see, was wondering what I was missing with peeps vibing everywhere on others. Thought I had missed something in the game rules and setup.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:02 am

Post by Zebedee »

Anyway.... boing time for bed. Zzzzzz
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:54 pm

Post by Zebedee »

Hello hello. Just travelling for work. Will be back in the house on the AM Saturday. Can then thump some keys and get some thoughts going. Kinda like everyone right now. And that's not right. Need to see who vibes who and why. Later peeps
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #330 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:50 am

Post by Zebedee »

Hello hello. So sorry been extra busy today. I will post tomorrow when I can sit in front of my Commodore 64.... :)
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 3:52 am

Post by Zebedee »

E-1, that's like gonna lim soon? Why so quick? Anyway have to shoot the roundabout needs fixing and Gertrude needs her hay.

Boinnnng time for bed...
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:35 pm

Post by Zebedee »

The real first thing that caught my eye was the chat around Upwards first post. Post .

When I first read it, I thought ok, seems a legit thing to spout. In fact, I thought about going a little more into detail in my first post and then thought, well if they really want to know about me they will ask.
But then Uppers gets some incoming small rounds fire about it. So, I thought I would look at the post again. So, I ask’s myself if I was scum/bad Uppers why would I start the way he did. Well all I can think about is Uppers would want to sound sincere and open and seem townie. Then if he was Townie/good Uppers then probably yes he just wanted to let everyone know he was open to being approached.

But then you look at the content, which is obviously thought out and wonder why think it out. Why not just write what is in your head.? On the flip side there is a counter to this, and I don’t know maybe Uppers is super concerned about their grammar etc.

First shots fired come in from Hu, and what I see with Hu from reading her posts so far is she is aggressive. Her point she makes when voting goes in line with “Uppers would want to sound sincere and open and seem townie”, in fact yes as she says 'Forced'. Post . The next real shots fired at Uppers is Lucca in Post , I sorta feel that he is just typing as he is reading as the posts he is replying to seem to run in order. But then he skips a load of posts in post he is picking up on Lalacian’s post then in post he skips to FuDuzn’s post . But then in his catch up post he does show reads of and . Actually he raised my eyebrow in . I was really taken that I was an apprentice on a “Town Block”, but then I think does points out a good thing to chew on. And I see reading ahead that this town block is picked up on.

At first I thought Lucca was being opportunistic and skipping thorough the thread, and like my read of Hu he is aggressive. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing Inbeing aggressive. I suppose as scums you might not want to stand out and so could play a quiet game, and as a townie you are aggressive because you have no reason not to be?

What is interesting is that Uppers seems unphased by the attention he is getting. In Post and again in post Uppers is not concerned for which seems pretty weird, as a newbie I think I would panic if the votes or pressure fell on me like that for my opening post. What is also catching my eye is Gypx is spending a lot of time talking with Uppers though. And seemingly advising Uppers.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:37 pm

Post by Zebedee »

What is a tinfoil hat?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:51 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 365, lucca261 wrote:
In post 331, Zebedee wrote: E-1, that's like gonna lim soon? Why so quick? Anyway have to shoot the roundabout needs fixing and Gertrude needs her hay.

Boinnnng time for bed...
it's time to contribute
what's your opinion on the Townblock discourse

think you caught anyone spouting crap?

Until you pointed out there was an issue, as I say in my post above, I hadn't really had a think on it. Now that it has been raised, yeah I'm not too comfortable about it all. FD to me was and still is very confident, at first I thought that was a good thing, now not too happy with it.

As for peeps spouting poop. To be frank when I read your first posts, I thought you were spouting shit. Now it probably still stinks but its not as shitty.

Delta didn't really have much to say. until she got shoved.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:57 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 335, Claptastik wrote:
In post 331, Zebedee wrote: E-1, that's like gonna lim soon? Why so quick? Anyway have to shoot the roundabout needs fixing and Gertrude needs her hay.

Boinnnng time for bed...
Zeb's newb pass is over, this is feeling like newbscum stalling now.
:o I as travelling for work. you seem to be pally with Delta btw. need to look at that maybes
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #408 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:01 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 407, Zebedee wrote:
In post 335, Claptastik wrote:

Boinnnng time for bed...
Zeb's newb pass is over, this is feeling like newbscum stalling now.
:o I as travelling for work. you seem to be pally with Delta btw. need to look at that maybes
and you hates Gamma, why?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #409 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:04 pm

Post by Zebedee »

VOTE: Delta

just seems right to me, lots of fluff going on in her posts.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #412 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:44 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 411, Gamma Emerald wrote: Your opinion on the townblock situation doesn’t really feel relevant. I’m the central figure in it imo, so what’s your thoughts on me and my play?

Ok, I took a look and correct me if I am missing a target here, in the first post you are saying that you have never really town blocked in D1? Then there is the second post, sort of confused so I’m guessing its me misreading the first post?
In post 50, Gamma Emerald wrote: I’m trying something sorta-different: I’m going to try to form a townblock in EVERY game I play. I have done them before and even tried to do them in most games for a certain time period but I’ve never gone the total saturation route I think? I think it’s going to be personally enlightening in a few ways, but I want to keep those sekret
In post 274, Gamma Emerald wrote: I have won games almost solely by townblocking on day 1. Don’t be a hater.

But then this sort of doesn’t tally though, does it?
In post 284, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 280, Claptastik wrote:
In post 274, Gamma Emerald wrote: I have won games almost solely by townblocking on day 1. Don’t be a hater.
Can you show a game where you were town and made a town block of 4 people 50 posts into the game? That would be helpful.
I can probably find one eventually, as I said I’ve played a lot of games
I would rather just share the game where the strategy I’m basing this current gameplay on was executed successfully.

Then you find a game and Clappers responds to which you reply
In post 298, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 296, Claptastik wrote:
Thanks, but I don't see you declaring a town block there like you did here.
It happened much later in that game relatively speaking, but I think doing it so early isn’t exactly worse. It definitely helped get us out of RVS.

So it doesn’t really fit together if I start reading this in isolation

But what’s your motive if you are scums to continue to fight your corner? Wouldn’t scums back down and say they made a mistake, or would town you be more open to back down and admit a mistake?

With the rest of your posting what I am seeing is a lot of unimportant responses to questions in thread. Then you sort of come out of your shell whenever your Town Block is questioned, e.g.

In post 136, Gamma Emerald wrote: his questions don't feel like they're meant to corral the game into a certain position rn
plus: townblock of 2 + townblock of 2 = townblock of 4 (this also goes for my hu tao read, I think this is a more succinct way to express my early idea I expressed)
In post 245, Gamma Emerald wrote: think I’m more willing/likely to force certain things as town, and other things as scum. For instance, I tend to lack stamina as scum so my presence on later days in scum games tend to be diminished. But I frequently have a read as town that I form on very little evidence but has substantial strength, which I think can be described as “forced” among other terms

So to be honest Your posting is only defensive is what I am seeing, there is no real effort to attack someone. You are only defending yourself and getting tough when its directed to your stance on the town Block. To me now you have asked, yeah I'd probably vote for you.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:44 pm

Post by Zebedee »

VOTE: Gamma
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #414 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 8:46 pm

Post by Zebedee »

that last quote thingy messed up me thinks
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #419 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:56 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 416, MargotRosa wrote: This feels so disingenuous. Especially given later posts by GE around an example game where it specifically did not occur day 1. I get that GE is the current town wagon, but I want it on record that I don't like this at a
I was asked my Opinion so I gave it on what I was reading. In the post that you point at Margot I believe maybe it's where the game is introduced, but please is she not saying she based her game play here on that game? She also says that she has played and won games almost
In post 416, MargotRosa wrote: almost solely by townblocking on day 1. Don’t be a hater.

if that is the case then why is she saying that
In post 416, MargotRosa wrote:
I’m trying something sorta-different
: I’m going to try to form a townblock in EVERY game I play. I have done them before and even tried to do them in most games for a certain time period but I’ve never gone the total saturation route I think
if she has done it before is my thought. I do say that I am may be misunderstanding the post. which leads onto this
In post 417, Gamma Emerald wrote: This is such a bullshit interpretation of my post. I said I’d done it before IN THAT VERY POST.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #420 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:59 pm

Post by Zebedee »

but I don't think it makes this statement any more irrelevant, as it is a question that has not been answered because someone has a temper
In post 412, Zebedee wrote: But what’s your motive if you are scums to continue to fight your corner? Wouldn’t scums back down and say they made a mistake, or would town you be more open to back down and admit a mistake?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #423 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:03 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 418, Gamma Emerald wrote: I’m not going on offense yet because I’m trying to feel out where the scum is on my wagon
who do you think is? Uppers? Or one of Naerys or Alianna? I don't think its Clappers.

Funny how Lucca has pinged me because of no input and yet he is missing others who haven't. just a thought.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:05 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 421, Gamma Emerald wrote: I’m saying that there should be zero room for doubt if you pay full attention while reading it so by doubting my meaning you call your own motives into question.
this is the part that confused me, as I said. and my motives are simple so as you wish.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #426 (isolation #25) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:10 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 422, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 420, Zebedee wrote: but I don't think it makes this statement any more irrelevant, as it is a question that has not been answered because someone has a temper
In post 412, Zebedee wrote: But what’s your motive if you are scums to continue to fight your corner? Wouldn’t scums back down and say they made a mistake, or would town you be more open to back down and admit a mistake?
Who’s saying I made a mistake? I may be in hot water but what do you think happens when I flip scum/town? And that’s assuming this result in my immediate elimination.
I am saying that everyone seems to be onto you making a town block so early day 1. some statements talk about an organic growth of a town block as the game progresses, So I am under the thought that you may have made a mistake. By saying what I have, I am trying to reason why you keep with your arguments. So if its not a mistake then you are sort of answering it, so I thinks maybe the question is, why are you so sure about it, the town block so early in a game?

As for your 'Flip' you mean if you are eliminated? then if this is so, and you are townie then we must look at who is targeting you and why. If you are scums then we look at who supported you or did nothing against you I suppose this would be correct?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:11 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 405, DragonEater70 wrote:
Votecount 1.07

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-01-14 01:13:22).
Combined Mod ISO.

Votecount
Gamma Emerald (4):
Alianna, Claptastik, Upwards, Naerys
MargotRosa (3):
Gypyx, Laplacian, FuDuzn
Upwards (1):
lucca261
Claptastik (1):
Gamma Emerald
FuDuzn (1):
MargotRosa
DeltaWave (1):
Hu Tao

Not Voting (2):
Zebedee, DeltaWave

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to send someone on the fast route to the afterlife.

Flavor
Dragon Fact #8:
Riding a dragon is actually a lot safer than driving a car - while on average, 17.4 per 100,000 people die in car accidents every year, only 3.5 per 100,000 people die in dragon-riding accidents every year.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #428 (isolation #27) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:11 pm

Post by Zebedee »

there
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #430 (isolation #28) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 418, Gamma Emerald wrote: I’m not going on offense
would it not be correct to say that this is no longer a thing, considering your response to my not understanding of one of your posts?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (isolation #29) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:17 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 425, Gamma Emerald wrote: I thought Delta was on me too
so you think Delta is scums?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #432 (isolation #30) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:20 pm

Post by Zebedee »

Anyways I must go feed Dougal and Ermintrude.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:26 pm

Post by Zebedee »

Ok that helps a lot and sounds better to me. So I am no longer confident on my vote. But you really haven't answered to my other questions.
In post 431, Zebedee wrote: so you think Delta is scums?
and
In post 423, Zebedee wrote: who do you think is? Uppers? Or one of Naerys or Alianna? I don't think its Clappers.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (isolation #32) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:26 pm

Post by Zebedee »

UNVOTE:
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #437 (isolation #33) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:27 pm

Post by Zebedee »

VOTE: Delta
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #438 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:31 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 436, Gamma Emerald wrote: Sorta: I’m being a bit more pointed but I’m not sure you’re scum yet. I’ll say one ping I’ve gotten from you that I haven’t addressed yet is the way you built towards voting me in 412. It felt like you couldn’t construct a sensible narrative to suspect me and decided to roll with a sort of “it’s too weird to call so let’s just kill it” approach. That’s definitely a card I’ve played as scum before, and it worked like a charm.
I'm not, but then if you are scums only you would know that I am town, yes? and ok it was weird to me as it did not fit together. it sounded disjointed when I read it. And maybe my confusion did not help me understand what you were saying. So because of this thought this why I voted for you. it is now a doubt for me to remove that vote.
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #440 (isolation #35) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:36 pm

Post by Zebedee »

In post 436, Gamma Emerald wrote: Sorta: I’m being a bit more pointed but I’m not sure you’re scum yet. I’ll say one ping I’ve gotten from you that I haven’t addressed yet is the way you built towards voting me in 412. It felt like you couldn’t construct a sensible narrative to suspect me and decided to roll with a sort of “it’s too weird to call so let’s just kill it” approach. That’s definitely a card I’ve played as scum before, and it worked like a charm.
but one thing in my head, and again it is a small thing
In post 418, Gamma Emerald wrote: was gonna post my listing of how I felt about the non-Zebedee voters on me but while trying to pin down who I felt the best on I happened upon something questionable
@Naerys: please explain your Hu Tao progression.
what does Naerys' progression on Hu have to do with those sitting on you? is the term wagon?
Zebedee
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Zebedee
He, him, his
Townie
Townie

Post Post #441 (isolation #36) » Sat Jan 06, 2024 10:38 pm

Post by Zebedee »