Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 4869, Nero Cain wrote:I'll wait for Hoctac's explanation but I don't think that's a slip.
But you think mastina's "original Role PM" was a slip?

Goddamn, man.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Covid 19
Covid 19
Goon
Covid 19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Covid 19 »

Day 2 VC #33

Blair (1): mastina ()
Auro (0):
Hoctac (7): Quick (), Alchemist21 (), Nahdia (), davesaz (), Tchill13 (), Aristophanes (), Flavor Leaf ()

5G Tower (1): gobbledygook ()
Jake the Wolfie (4): OkaPoka (), Auro (), TrueSoulEnergy (), 5G Tower ()
Aristophanes (0):
Quick (1): pisskop ()
TrueSoulEnergy (3): Blair (), Hoctac (), Jake the Wolfie ()
Voted (0):
Alchemist21 (0):
Nahdia (1): Nero Cain (),
Flavor Leaf (0):
davesaz (0):
mastina (0):
OkaPoka (0):
Tchill13 (0):
pisskop (1): Voted ()
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (1): Almost50 ()

With 20 alive, it takes 11 votes to lynch a player.

This phase will end on May 26, 2020 1:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2020-05-26 13:00:00).

Moderator Notes1. If you have regular weekend V/LA, you must either notify me each time or set V/LA tags each time.
Please note the prodding rules. You are prodded after 32 hours of inactivity on Tuesday-Friday.

3. As a note, if I'm not around to provide a VC, you can easily obtain one using MathBlade's tool. There's a link to the thread in the opening post of this thread. (Please remember to clearly label all unofficial votecounts as such.)
4. mastina is V/LA for an indefinite period of time.
As a general reminder, please remember to
pm
me questions about mechanics or your role. Please do
not
ask me in-thread as I likely won't answer there.
VLA notices and votecount questions/corrections are okay to ask in-thread.
Last edited by Covid 19 on Sat May 23, 2020 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Even mafiascum.net isn't safe!

SIR Disease Mafia is over!
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:39 pm

Post by Blair »

Quick, you're doing something in this game that you weren't doing at all in the last completed game we played together.

You were town in that game.

Therefore: Something is different with you in this game. If the variable here is not your alignment, what counter-theory would you propose?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Voted
Voted
Goon
Voted
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:41 pm

Post by Voted »

Who are we lynching?
"Our sample of the population showed that the mental well-being before the pandemic was much greater than during the rampage of covid-19," - Dr. Elisabetta Micelli
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4871, Quick wrote:
In post 4869, Nero Cain wrote:I'll wait for Hoctac's explanation but I don't think that's a slip.
Saying things are slips is like sucking on poopy balls.
Maybe but the way our brains are programmed is to find things that don't belong. It's not like scumslips haven't happened b4 but 99.9% of the time is just town either saying something stupid or someone not smart enough to figure things out. Like how I used to get pushed for saying "there are X # of scum in the game." Ppl thought its a slip b/c mods used to not spoon-feed us the setup and the not Nero players couldn't figure out setups even though its super ez to do so. I don't really begrudge players for thinking something is a slip b/c that's how we evolved.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4877, Blair wrote:Quick, you're doing something in this game that you weren't doing at all in the last completed game we played together.

Therefore: Something is different with you in this game. If the variable here is not your alignment, what counter-theory would you propose?
Let me know when you figure it out.
https://youtu.be/LRkYiRnRzY0

Wakie, wakie. Eggs and Bacie.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:45 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4878, Voted wrote:Who are we lynching?
Hactoc. A Scum!Hactoc clears you BTW.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Blair »

Quick wrote:
In post 4877, Blair wrote:Quick, you're doing something in this game that you weren't doing at all in the last completed game we played together.

You know answers like that are the main reason you get lynched all the time, right?
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Blair, he thinks he's hot shit now b/c he was able to "call" scum in a game when there were like 2 confirmed town and there were only 5 slots that could be scum and he got all 3 right...out of 5. Such solid work.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4882, Blair wrote:
Quick wrote:

You know answers like that are the main reason you get lynched all the time, right?
I already said I am fine being lynched. Was there something else, or...

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4883, Nero Cain wrote:Blair, he thinks he's hot shit now b/c he was able to "call" scum in a game when there were like 2 confirmed town and there were only 5 slots that could be scum and he got all 3 right...out of 5. Such solid work.
No, she is just trying to reinvigorate the BW on me because she doesn't like what I am doing rn.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:52 pm

Post by Blair »

I'm trying to get you to answer a direct question, actually.

Surprisingly difficult, I have to admit.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4886, Blair wrote:I'm trying to get you to answer a direct question, actually.

That's because there isn't a question there. How many games have you played with me? Different game combinations means I come across differently. You are chasing the wind here trying to resurrect a wagon on me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4784, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Yeah Blair/Hoctac is actually where I think I want to go for today.

VOTE: Blair
Can we please stop playing suboptimally?
In post 4543, Blair wrote:I'm a Frail Partygoer. Frail = I die immediately if I'm infected.
TSE vs Blair is one of the worst duels that could ever happen in this game.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4796, Quick wrote:
In post 4795, 5G Tower wrote:Wait wait wait, Nero, who used that wording “my original pm” over “my pm” because that’s damning fucking evidence. Wording is everything.
That would be mastina. Are you reading the game or no?
I am taking this as a rhetorical question.

VOTE: 5G Tower

I would also do Jake, but that would be purely a PL as I have no read on the slot.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 12:58 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 4887, Quick wrote:
In post 4886, Blair wrote:I'm trying to get you to answer a direct question, actually.

That's because there isn't a question there. How many games have you played with me? Different game combinations means I come across differently. You are chasing the wind here trying to resurrect a wagon on me.
I got what I needed from this, thank you.
Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4890, Blair wrote:
In post 4887, Quick wrote:

I got what I needed from this, thank you.
Vote Hactoc to show your colors.

Spoiler:

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Blair »

Party at your place, Quick?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4801, 5G Tower wrote:I am reading, I just missed it. VOTE: Mastina definitely caught infected
Assuming it's true (for the sake of arguments) why would you want to lynch her?

1st: You don't win by lynching the infected. Scum do. If scum infect someone each night and we lynch them the next day the 3 original scums will endgame.

2nd: She used a "hint" to notify us of her infection (presumably) so she actually wants to be redeemed back to her "original" status and be able to serve the TOWN. Why lynch THAT?

3rd: Even if you are leaning that was indeed a slip, the fact it may have been "her way of posting" (which I believe it is) is still a valid option. Given that EVEN IF your view is correct the lynch is still suboptimal to Town wincon, your vote here is lazy at best.

Quick
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Quick
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Quick »

In post 4892, Blair wrote:Party at your place, Quick?
Never.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4802, Nahdia wrote:we shouldn't lynch for infected. we should be lynched for OG scum. There's a chance mastina can be cured.
Town mindset. (Now don't anyone blame me and quote this tomorrow if I change my mind. People DO get infected overnight, and I call things as I see them at that point)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4805, davesaz wrote:
In post 4732, Nero Cain wrote:but it's still really weird though. Like, a simple "my role pm says...." would have been sufficient and made a ton more sense than "my original pm"
I don't think scum!Nero would choose this particular mountain to climb.
I kinda agree, but "some" people hate meta reads, so I'm keeping them to myself.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4875, Aristophanes wrote:But you think mastina's "original Role PM" was a slip?

Goddamn, man.
Doesn't that same logic apply to you as well?

I mean, in a game with alignment changes and thus being sent a new pm when you get infected does she (or anyone) think it Was the best language to say something that could be even interpreted as "hey I got a new pm!". it's tone-deaf, at the very least.

oka then showed a game where she has used that language before and I was like "ok". If she's scum, I think it's far more likely that she planted that language in there she she could argue that it wasn't a slip and is angry that she's getting pushed.

I mean going from "fuck u nero" to "u r trying to go out of your way!" is just an overreaction and the later is just a mound of bullshit and kinda discrety. Like, I just saw something that I felt was suspicious and pointed it out and she's trying to make it out like this is some personal thing? I mean, fuck that noise.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 4807, davesaz wrote:
In post 4773, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Wait why am I being voted?
I’m legit the only player in the game that can’t be converted.
Is this in a mod post somewhere?
I;m inclined to believe it's in a mod "PM" in someone's own inbox. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Sat May 23, 2020 1:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And I have a feeling that he may not be the only one, but I don't want anyone else claiming it if there are others out there. (Better to have scum TRY and FAIL. That is a more effective way of fighting the epidemic/pandemic)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”