Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:47 pm

Post by Hectic »

Master Strategist
04/01/21
Hectic
Ydrasse
Ydrasse played excellently as the vigilante in this game, being pivotal to town's success. She played the early game in an easy-going, memey style, avoiding all suspicion with how comfortable she looked in-thread, while also not looking like a PR or anyone important to kill in solveyness. Her shots were pinpoint, narrowing down the PoE, and shooting scum on nights 2 AND 3.

During night 2, she shoots at scum, but they are aliened and so do not die. She crumbs this in the thread upon day 3's start.
During the massclaim on day 3, she claims VT, continuing to remain undercover.
On day 4, it's finally optimal for her to claim. However, she decides to claim she's gated. The scum supersaint plans to and will eventually self-hammer the same day, since scum want to keep the days on evens, and so a vig shot from Ydrasse anywhere in the PoE on night 4 would be very detrimental.
Ydrasse knows her death warrant has been signed, and she isn't done yet - she wants to get
one
final shot off.

Here's where the STRATEGIC GENIUS comes into play:
Remember that night 2 shot on scum that didn't go through? She intentionally
withholds
this information, allowing scum to assume that she simply doesn't have shots on even nights, otherwise why wouldn't she bring up something so important?
This successfully fools Flavor Leaf and his goons into assuming she's an odd-night vig, causing them to opt to alien (roleblock) someone else the following night. And so, with her dying shot, Ydrasse shoots in the PoE, placing the days back on odds and butchering scum's remaining chances in the process. They concede the very next day.

Ydrasse utilised and played her role perfectly; remaining universally-townread and undercover for days until she claimed, and then manipulated scum into allowing her to place one final deadly strike to their hopes. A strategic masterclass!
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:57 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Good nom
GTKAMURDERCAT

Retired from playing, find me on discord
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:58 pm

Post by Noraa »

^
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 301, MURDERCAT wrote:Good nom
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I think that's the second game in a row Ydrasse outsmarted Flava Flav :3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

does ydra even have a rising star nom yet
or gloria
GTKAS
| here.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Does Gloria qualify?
Pre nth the Pooky/Hectic nom for ydrasse
GTKAMURDERCAT

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:33 pm

Post by Alisae »

actually now not sure but i doubt she would.
GTKAS
| here.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:34 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

thank you so much AaaAAaaaa <3
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:41 pm

Post by mastina »

Moment of Brilliance
1/4/2021 mastina Haschel Cedricson Among Us Mafia While the town was certainly not in a
bad
spot prior to Haschel's magnificent post, Haschel is singlehandedly the reason why that game was a perfect town win with no town eliminations. Haschel was, at the time, placed at L-1. With so much as a single extra vote, it was over: he'd be dead, the town would have ejected an innocent crewmate, and who knows what would've happened from there, but the scum would probably have had a significantly easier time sabotaging the town's alternate wincon and able to kill more freely.

Enter this magnificent post with a beautifully-written, in-depth, accurate case, which while amusing also perfectly nailed why Flea the Magician was scum.

With that one post, less than one page later, the Haschel wagon had collapsed and Flea was run up, eventually being ejected at the end of the day...as one of the scum's two critical power roles, one of their main ways of denying the town their alternate wincon.

With this one post, Haschel singlehandedly changed the course of the game--while it's possible that without it, the town would've still won, it'd have been more of a struggle, more of an uphill battle. But he managed to, thanks to that one post, essentially guarantee the town's flawless victory.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:42 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

That was so fast

Nth
GTKAMURDERCAT

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:51 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

NTH

A WORK OF ART I SAY
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 309, mastina wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
1/4/2021 mastina Haschel Cedricson Among Us Mafia While the town was certainly not in a
bad
spot prior to Haschel's magnificent post, Haschel is singlehandedly the reason why that game was a perfect town win with no town eliminations. Haschel was, at the time, placed at L-1. With so much as a single extra vote, it was over: he'd be dead, the town would have ejected an innocent crewmate, and who knows what would've happened from there, but the scum would probably have had a significantly easier time sabotaging the town's alternate wincon and able to kill more freely.

Enter this magnificent post with a beautifully-written, in-depth, accurate case, which while amusing also perfectly nailed why Flea the Magician was scum.

With that one post, less than one page later, the Haschel wagon had collapsed and Flea was run up, eventually being ejected at the end of the day...as one of the scum's two critical power roles, one of their main ways of denying the town their alternate wincon.

With this one post, Haschel singlehandedly changed the course of the game--while it's possible that without it, the town would've still won, it'd have been more of a struggle, more of an uphill battle. But he managed to, thanks to that one post, essentially guarantee the town's flawless victory.
(For the record, I did consider this nomination as Kodak Moment instead of Moment of Brilliance--while the two awards are fairly distinct in being for fairly different things, there are some cases where a nomination can blur the line between the two usually-distinct awards and be potentially suited as a nomination for either. However, by my personal understanding of Moment of Brilliance as an award versus Kodak Moment as an award, I think it does fit better as a Moment of Brilliance nomination.)
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

Boyo Auro's lucky the other third party didn't throw the kibosh on his whole operation and solo win. That game was incredibly fun as well.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:08 am

Post by SirCakez »

Nth Haschel
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:23 pm

Post by Jingle »

Unfortunately Among Us ended this year so I think it has to be a next year nom. Definitely a solid nom for next year though.
This is a Parachute.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 1:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I might not get to writing up the Pooky DC nom
someone please cover me ;-;
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Mad Scientist
05/01/2021
Jingle came us with a really cool interface for Conditional Vigilantes. Essentially, everyone submitted a fear and their fear was made into their flavour. Someone else had said flavour as a Vig shot, where they could scare you to death if they targeted you with your submitted fear. It made for really cool interactions as claims could either conftown the person with your fear or get you killed the next night without having to use the scum's factional kill. It also limited who each player could kill and therefore could not be abused by scum as a standard ungated Vig would.

On top of all this, the use of the Fear flavour allowed for some very deep sharing of information between players, as seen with beeboy's compiled RQS in the first game.

Jingle did a fantastic job with this mechanic/flavour interaction and it was really refreshing to play a game like this.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:21 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Post of the Year
05/01/2021
This nom is probably going to get vetoed but it was a great post for so many reasons!
Last edited by Aristophanes on Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ahsoka
Ahsoka
Goon
Ahsoka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:25 pm

Post by Ahsoka »

In post 305, Alisae wrote:does ydra even have a rising star nom yet
or gloria
I plan on nominating Ydra for it
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 304, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I think that's the second game in a row Ydrasse outsmarted Flava Flav :3
Well, to be fair, I was like a 1 man town team, and still got 2 scum in the first one, and then I still realized something was wrong, and I got night killed.

And I wasn't going to mention it when Hectic put it in the nom, but if multiple people are saying it.

My vig theories had nothing to do with Ydrasse's play, it was just setup spec, and more like "if full vig, fuck the game anyways" moreso than fooled.

Gloria actually specifically called out Ydrasse as full vig too.

In post 319, Ahsoka wrote:
In post 305, Alisae wrote:does ydra even have a rising star nom yet
or gloria

I plan on nominating Ydra for it
this was me
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 320, Flavor Leaf wrote:Gloria actually specifically called out Ydrasse as full vig too.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Hannibal Lecter
05/01/2021
Okay, so this game was a ride! We we lucky to catch Ythan after he was culted, but the duo of innocentvillager and the worst were an absolute iconic duo this game. Titus culting the worst was a fantastic move and the cult had the entire thread eating out of the palms of their hands by the end of it with obvtown reads all around! It was an absolutely impressive cult game and I am happy to nominate those who brought it home in style!
- Jingle
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:42 pm

Post by Ythan »

Getting culted n1 is a personal dream come true.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:25 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
The MafiaScum Member of the Month is a really fantastic idea, especially considering the year in which it was released. It's been a rough time for everyone, but having a place to nominate the little things that would never warrant a scummy nom is really nice! I love seeing the nice things people have to say about others on the site each month <3

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
The Discussion Moderators and Zoraster worked overtime when this announcement was made public. They had to endure stresses that I don't think many mods on this site have, and had mountains of reports, and requests pile up in mere moments. They were vigilant on the boards and reacted with record speed to things that were starting to bubble up in order to avoid as much toxicity as they could. They did an amazing job and the site is so much better for having them around. I want to nom so many people from this thread for their responses to it, but I think nominating the DiscMod team that was active in dealing with it is the right choice.

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
Reliably running Song Contests for 10 years is a goddamned achievement and they deserve to be nominated every year for this shit! It's legitimately been said in these threads that Song Contests are one of the only reasons certain members continue to frequent mafiascumdotnet. Absolutely wonderful!

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
I don't have one link so the description will have to do.
T-Bone is the Open Queue Listmod. That's awesome and we appreciate all the time he puts into it! But that's not why he's being nominated here.

In his position as Site Staff, T-Bone has undertaken many projects this year. Many are related to the Open Games and Queue framework, but not all of them. He's taken on a huge role in Marathon Weekends, one of the joys people have looked forward to for years, but especially during Covid when long weekends that are normally spent outside with family or friends end up being spent alone. He has been a pivotal player in Term Replacement on the Wiki despite starting with limited knowledge on how the Wiki functions. He is always putting himself out there to make the site better and is always happy to amass a team of people to help so that their skills work together and result in a better end product.

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
You know how we all have to click "Board Index" now instead of using the Banner we once had? Well, we lost a lot more than just thatbanner when it was taken from us. We had to change the images on our Social Media pages, on our Boards here, and on our Wiki pages. One of the most high-traffic parts of this site is those Wiki pages, and it's what sets us apart from a lot of other mafia forums. (Well one of the things, but I digress)

When we lost those images, Reck stepped up to the plate and made us knew ones. And I LOVE these new ones! They have a similar colour schemeto the old ones but they're so much more crisp. So adult. Having them on the Wiki and on the Social Media pages was a great change, and it was done so quickly I'm rather amazed! Whether they are teporary or permanent, they deserve a nom here.

Community Contributor
05/01/2021
With the absence of out beloved host from past years, these two came together to Administer and Administrate the SUPP Poll for 2020. It was undoubtedly a lot of work and I know the site was grateful they picked up that mantle so that the tradition did not falter.

...I started on this and couldn't stop.
Love you guys! Thank you for keeping MS amazing <3
- Jingle

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”