Newbie 1874 - Game over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:20 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Okay, Jay, I'm completely confused about what your thought process was here. Why replace into a game and hammer someone without reading the thread? The game was very close to being won by town D1. If Stanley was given a chance to claim, we would have had four people (me, Ircher, your slot, and Stanley) that were unlynchable and it would have been a simple matter of POEing from the rest. Instead by hammering, you 1. Ended the day early when more discussion could have taken place, 2. Hammered a town PR who would not have been lynched otherwise, and most importantly, 3. You INSTANTLY in one stroke put yourself back into the lynchpool when Lefty had played so pro-town.

Maybe I could give you a pass and say you are a total newbie who had no idea how the concept of forum mafia even works. But then, why would you hammer again on D2 when all of this was explained?

I can't help but feel annoyed when most of the town were playing well but one player single handedly caused every lynch in the game and lost the game for town. First by hammering two town lynches and then getting lynched himself. I feel like I shouldn't even count this loss for my record but I probably will.

Oka played well. He got me to townread him. The push on OIAM was pretty good too. Myloninja should probably learn to not be so sheepish/put someone at L-1 that early in the day just because another player told them to. Standing up for your own opinions I think would be a good thing going forward.

Everything I said in the dead thread about not putting people at L-1, I feel even more strongly about now that we know that Jay was town.

Personally, my biggest mistake was obviously townreading Oka. I'll probably reread his ISO to pick what I thought were towntells and actually weren't to improve my scumhunting next time. I feel like him being alive in 3-way lylo was the only reliable way he could have been caught here but Jay's play pretty much ensured we were never getting there. I'm still pissed that I was making some progress in reads (like re-evaluating Stanley at the end and turning my Draynth scumread into a townread) but I didn't get a chance to progress those interactions and both days were rudely cut off.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:28 am

Post by Draynth »

Man, I should've picked up on the fact that Oka wasn't even considering lynching Mylo pending the jay flip, because i was paranoid about mylo but didn't think Jay + Mylo was likely.
Wp Oka, and mylo. Frustrating game but hopefully everyone can take some lessons away from it.
Thanks for modding huntress!
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:54 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

Ahhh, this was what I was dreading but I really hoped it wouldn't come true! I didn't know why Jay stayed silent for so long today though, I feel like I would've at least given him a chance had he explained himself.

But the mafia team played really well! FC's replacement was very much a turning point and you guys did very well to make town feel comfortable in a Jay!Scum idea.

Good game guys, and I hope to see you all around MafiaScum!
OnlyIAmMe
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
OnlyIAmMe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:44 pm

Post by OnlyIAmMe »

Good game all!
I feel i was super bad this game (spring scum for no reason).
I will take a break from MS and pop up later, hopefully as a better person and player.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:18 pm

Post by Draynth »

I don't think you were bad OIAM!
You genuinely had some good reads this game. It was just a strange one is all.
I hope to see you again soon :)
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
stan1ey
stan1ey
Goon
stan1ey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:39 pm

Post by stan1ey »

In post 678, OnlyIAmMe wrote:Good game all!
I feel i was super bad this game (spring scum for no reason).
I will take a break from MS and pop up later, hopefully as a better person and player.
i thought you played well. You were aggressive and proactive throughout, which is dangerous for mafia players, for example your push on me in day 1. but there is not much you can do when you have a troll on the town team
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Ircher »

Oh, this game is over...
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Ircher »

Gg all and thanks for modding Huntress!
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Lefty
Lefty
Goon
Lefty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by Lefty »

Sorry that I had to drop everyone :(

Had both scum nailed on D1. Sorry to see this end up as a Town loss

Thanks for the game Huntress! Again, my apologies to all for having to drop.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:42 am

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>