Newbie 1913 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:42 am

Post by hearthstone1235 »

UNVOTE: Doubting thomas
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:50 am

Volxen. Im wondering how fast is your typing speed. It felt weird that transition from lynching the mod to starting a random vote. And it all happened in seven minutes. Why didnt you include both in same message or was that an afterthought. Or did you do that to seperate the joke from the real part. Still I find it a little fishy that that happened in seven minutes.

VOTE: volxen
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:53 am

Post by volxen »

In post 26, hearthstone1235 wrote:Volxen. Im wondering how fast is your typing speed. It felt weird that transition from lynching the mod to starting a random vote. And it all happened in seven minutes. Why didnt you include both in same message or was that an afterthought. Or did you do that to seperate the joke from the real part. Still I find it a little fishy that that happened in seven minutes.

Yes, I planned to do it that way (two separate posts made a few minutes apart) as part of the joke. And I do type fairly fast.

Given that it was a joke made in jest (because The Worst and I are friends and have played a fair amount of games together), why does the fact that the two posts were made seven minutes apart in particular stand out to you as weird or fishy?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.01

hearthstone1235 (0) :
YellowSnow (1) : volxen
BLANK (0) :
DoubtingThomas (0) :
Roo (1) : brassherald
SaintAngelDFE (0) :
volxen (2) : YellowSnow, hearthstone1235
xwing (0) :
brassherald (2) : DoubtingThomas, Roo

not voting: BLANK, SaintAngelDFE, xwing

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end automatically in (expired on 2019-01-30 14:00:00) or sooner if a lynch is achieved by majority.

mod notes:
- please don't post in the thread if you've been replaced :c
- xwing regular v/la over weekends
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:03 am

Post by xwing »

In post 21, DoubtingThomas wrote:I think akagami has good town cred for not voting despitr having like 4 ppl vote before them and itd be easy and tempting to just rvs someone as a wolf
hey doubtingthomas, can i refer to you as DT?
i'll give a slight town lean on this slot, seems eager to solve..
dont agree with giving town cred on shanks for above..though it's very early in the game still..
In post 26, hearthstone1235 wrote:Volxen. Im wondering how fast is your typing speed. It felt weird that transition from lynching the mod to starting a random vote. And it all happened in seven minutes. Why didnt you include both in same message or was that an afterthought. Or did you do that to seperate the joke from the real part. Still I find it a little fishy that that happened in seven minutes.

hmmm..feels reachy, but meh..

VOTE: brass
let's wagon the IC.. :)
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:42 am

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

I agree with this being a reach for the stars.

VOTE: hearthstone1235
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:26 am

Post by YellowSnow »

This is page 2 what are you expecting?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by brassherald »

For the record, you do not need to actually unvote. I don't know if the worst prefers that you do, but it is not a requirement
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 21, DoubtingThomas wrote:I think akagami has good town cred for not voting despitr having like 4 ppl vote before them and itd be easy and tempting to just rvs someone as a wolf
Akagami wasn’t even supposed to post, since he was replaced by Roo (who did place an RVS vote). Nonetheless, why do you think Akagami’s slot deserves town credit for posting but not placing an RVS vote? Voting during the early game/RVS helps to move the game forward by generating discussion and allowing us to see how people respond to votes/pressure, and we ultimately have to lynch scum to win, so voting is a pro-town action. Just popping in to say “hi” doesn’t help to move the game forward. And why make the comment that “itd be easy and tempting to just rvs someone as a wolf”? Most people (regardless of alignment) vote for someone during RVS.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 29, xwing wrote:
dont agree with giving town cred on shanks for above..though it's very early in the game still..

Why vote for Brass and put him at three votes (L-2) on the second page of the game? Just because he is the IC?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 29, xwing wrote:

Also, why the townlean for DoubtingThomas specifically? Do you feel he is more eager to solve the game than everyone else who has posted so far?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:54 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.02

hearthstone1235 (1) : SaintAngelDFE
YellowSnow (1) : volxen
BLANK (0) :
DoubtingThomas (0) :
Roo (1) : brassherald
SaintAngelDFE (0) :
volxen (2) : YellowSnow, hearthstone1235
xwing (0) :
brassherald (3) : DoubtingThomas, Roo, xwing

not voting: BLANK

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end automatically in (expired on 2019-01-30 14:00:00) or sooner if a lynch is achieved by majority.

mod notes:
- BLANK has until (expired on 2019-01-22 12:00:00) to post before being replaced
- xwing regular v/la over weekends
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:41 am

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

In post 32, brassherald wrote:For the record, you do not need to actually unvote. I don't know if the worst prefers that you do, but it is not a requirement
Thanks for that, I'm pretty new to this so honestly was about to do an unvote and then vote again.

[/vote]BlankVOTE: Because he's quiet, do people ever get upset and not post because they get a role they don't like?

Also on that note, especially for the more experienced players and Brass, what are your favorite roles to play?
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:42 am

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

In post 37, SaintAngelDFE wrote:
In post 32, brassherald wrote:For the record, you do not need to actually unvote. I don't know if the worst prefers that you do, but it is not a requirement
Thanks for that, I'm pretty new to this so honestly was about to do an unvote and then vote again.

[/vote]BlankVOTE: Because he's quiet, do people ever get upset and not post because they get a role they don't like?

Also on that note, especially for the more experienced players and Brass, what are your favorite roles to play?
Meant to do VOTE: Blank, oops.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:50 am

In post 27, volxen wrote:

Yes, I planned to do it that way (two separate posts made a few minutes apart) as part of the joke. And I do type fairly fast.

Given that it was a joke made in jest
(because The Worst and I are friends and have played a fair amount of games together)
, why does the fact that the two posts were made seven minutes apart in particular stand out to you as weird or fishy?
Seven minutes means that there was a slight delay between you posting the two messages depending on your typing speed, in that period you might've looked at it and wondered whether posting that joke was really the right choice...Scum tend to be more paranoid than townies. Or you could've posted the joke, waited a minute or two for dramatic effect then started typing your next random voting message. Or you could've posted the joke and started writing the next post semi-instantaneously.

I suppose it also depends whether you made the joke before or not. It appears that you did based on the bolded part. Which would indicate that the first scenario is quite unlikely now.

UNVOTE: volxen

In post 30, SaintAngelDFE wrote: I agree with this being a reach for the stars.
VOTE: hearthstone1235
Ya well, early game you don't have a lot of stuff to do so I think digging in the little things can have its own perks in sparking discussion for the day to move on so that we can get more information.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:00 am

In post 29, xwing wrote:

"Let's wagon the IC" has similar meaning to "Let's lynch the IC" which implies that you want at least one more person after you to lynch the IC which would put them in L-1.

VOTE: xwing

(Also, one more question, if you think that was reachy why didn't you vote me or try to apply pressure. you've just seen something that you deem as scummy. are you going to let it get away!!)
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:07 am

Post by YellowSnow »

I don't think scum are more paranoid than townies. Townies think everyone could be scum, scum know who is scum.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 am

I think scum worry a bit more about being found out. So they try to avoid doing scummy things and double-check their posts etc..
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 am

Post by YellowSnow »

Depends on the player. I tend to not filter regardless.
SaintAngelDFE
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
SaintAngelDFE
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:18 am

Post by SaintAngelDFE »

That's fair, actually. Best thing would be to not change your play style, right?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:31 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 37, SaintAngelDFE wrote:

I strongly prefer town. In this set up, I always like getting cop or Vanilla Townie the most. Though outside of this set up, I do have to admit Vigilante is fun. A town sided Night Kill is the dream
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Roo »

In post 40, hearthstone1235 wrote:
In post 29, xwing wrote:

"Let's wagon the IC" has similar meaning to "Let's lynch the IC" which implies that you want at least one more person after you to lynch the IC which would put them in L-1.

(Also, one more question, if you think that was reachy why didn't you vote me or try to apply pressure. you've just seen something that you deem as scummy. are you going to let it get away!!)
Do you really think this was an attempt to try get people to lynch the IC? Why don't you think it was just typical day 1 pressure or even a little bit of kidding around?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:41 am

Post by YellowSnow »

I find it unlikely that players would admit to liking to play scum. Being a dangerous scum player would increase the likelyhood of being lynched on that basis alone.
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 am

Post by xwing »

In post 34, volxen wrote:
In post 29, xwing wrote: [snip]
Why vote for Brass and put him at three votes (L-2) on the second page of the game? Just because he is the IC?
why not? also, the second question is meeeeeeeh..
In post 35, volxen wrote:
In post 29, xwing wrote: Also, why the townlean for DoubtingThomas specifically? Do you feel he is more eager to solve the game than everyone else who has posted so far?
at that point, yes
In post 40, hearthstone1235 wrote: "Let's wagon the IC" has similar meaning to "Let's lynch the IC" which implies that you want at least one more person after you to lynch the IC which would put them in L-1.

wagoning does not equate to lynch..did i say that anywhere or are you purposely misrepping me?
i said it was reachy, i didnt say it was scummy..what kind of cases do you expect by page 2?
In post 47, YellowSnow wrote:I find it unlikely that players would admit to liking to play scum. Being a dangerous scum player would increase the likelyhood of being lynched on that basis alone.
i think this is a case to case basis, i know people who will outright say they enjoy playing scum..but that's not alignment indicative (NAI) at all..i prefer playing VT as well..
xwing
xwing
Goon
xwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:30 am

Post by xwing »

In post 46, Roo wrote:Do you really think this was an attempt to try get people to lynch the IC? Why don't you think it was just typical day 1 pressure or even a little bit of kidding around?
ooooh..
so roo, is that how you took my post?
if i told you i wasn't kidding, would your view change?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”