Newbie 1965 | River | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:54 am

Post by Map Wolf »

In post 74, Rise wrote:Map is so on point today + I’m happy him and faus are trusting each other.
Ouch... [from the dead thread]
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:00 am

Post by Titus »

Rise, sorry buddy you weren't living with a likely clear on MW. We knew PvT wasn't the cop (vetoed lynch on me). You just made the most sense. With us pushing on MW, that left kill you and block GBJ (I think we blocked GBJ) as our best options. We could have blocked you and killed someone else but that just let's you CC cop and forces a faustiv bus.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:01 am

Post by faüstiv »

Last but not least, Faustiv, your innate dayplay is amazing. You didn't need me as much as you worried. In the future, I'd distance from me a little more but that's a personal call. Being the goon, I was always more expendable.
thanks. i think we did alright. you did well to shake that lynch off of you D2 too.

reason why I didn't distance as much as you may have liked was because I needed to shade you enough to stand any chance of winning in 3 way should you have been lynched. me defending you in LYLO looks very bad when the crux of my tr on you was that I thought you was a PR, so I had to push you to ensure my play remained consistent.

the endgame was always to try and achieve a PvT lynch and the best candidate for their 'partner' was you.

tbh as scum I'm not that much of a team player rightly or wrongly. if I feel it helps my chances of winning I will bus my partner. :D
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 802, faüstiv wrote:reason why I didn't distance as much as you may have liked was because I needed to shade you enough to stand any chance of winning in 3 way should you have been lynched. me defending you in LYLO looks very bad when the crux of my tr on you was that I thought you was a PR, so I had to push you to ensure my play remained consistent.
Oh I agree with this. I was saying you had more room to push me. You were by far the better player on our team.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:06 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 801, Titus wrote:Rise, sorry buddy you weren't living with a likely clear on MW. We knew PvT wasn't the cop (vetoed lynch on me). You just made the most sense. With us pushing on MW, that left kill you and block GBJ (I think we blocked GBJ) as our best options. We could have blocked you and killed someone else but that just let's you CC cop and forces a faustiv bus.
we blocked map.

GBJ wasn't flipping PR (imo) for 2 reasons.

his response to the BS lynch.

how easily he bought into my theory of you being PR.

I think Rise crumbed pretty well and yeah perhaps with more experienced players the outcome would have been different because MW would've been virtually locktown, therefore his opinions would have held more weight within the town.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:07 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 803, Titus wrote:
In post 802, faüstiv wrote:reason why I didn't distance as much as you may have liked was because I needed to shade you enough to stand any chance of winning in 3 way should you have been lynched. me defending you in LYLO looks very bad when the crux of my tr on you was that I thought you was a PR, so I had to push you to ensure my play remained consistent.
Oh I agree with this. I was saying you had more room to push me. You were by far the better player on our team.
oh right, i misread.

and nah, i think we just bounced off of each other well. i don't think there was a 'standout' player between us.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:11 am

Post by Titus »

In post 804, faüstiv wrote:how easily he bought into my theory of you being PR.
I legit thought that was PvT's idea lmao. You did good there.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

PvtUrist
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
PvtUrist
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:52 am

Post by PvtUrist »

btw that is a beautiful faustiv pt
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:07 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 807, PvtUrist wrote:btw that is a beautiful faustiv pt
it was a very stressful game.
Gjt
Gjt
Goon
Gjt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:08 am

Post by Gjt »

Called one of the Scum, had feeling Faustiv was Scum. Initially had GBJ as the other
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:04 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hey gg all, very well played by scum! I knew we should never let Titus get away with that hammer!! I really disagree with the idea that there's any way to spin that move as town-oriented and am happy to continue discussing in a chiller post-game environment (if anyone actually legit wants that, lol).

I quoted the mod because that was the most objective and simple way to express the point that what Titus was saying was fundamentally unsound in terms of how everyone agrees is the correct way to play the game. I definitely coulda been more patient/calm in how I pushed it but I stand by the fact that there's no real way to defend a hammer like that in response to a doc claim on D1, even if he did say it was a "soft" claim.

Absolutely no hard feelings towards anyone for how they played, I played poorly myself (went out scumreading two town lol) and I think even if we had best case got Titus on d2 it would have still been a hard game to win as faustiv was playing extremely well. I think this was genuinely a full team loss where everybody made mistakes that lead to none of us blocking together to catch scum and scum did a great job capitalizing on each of those mistakes.

Thanks for modding Plotinus (and ND39)! Game was super smooth.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:07 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

oh one thing I forgot to add though is Titus you're probably right that if I stuck to meta I woulda had a better case. I actually found a game where you were hammered as the doctor and you said the person hammering you should have known better, but I chose not to bring it up cause the person who hammered you was also town (lol) and I figured people would see that as detrimental to my point
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:11 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 810, GuiltyLion wrote:hey gg all, very well played by scum! I knew we should never let Titus get away with that hammer!! I really disagree with the idea that there's any way to spin that move as town-oriented and am happy to continue discussing in a chiller post-game environment (if anyone actually legit wants that, lol).

I quoted the mod because that was the most objective and simple way to express the point that what Titus was saying was fundamentally unsound in terms of how everyone agrees is the correct way to play the game. I definitely coulda been more patient/calm in how I pushed it but I stand by the fact that there's no real way to defend a hammer like that in response to a doc claim on D1, even if he did say it was a "soft" claim.

Absolutely no hard feelings towards anyone for how they played, I played poorly myself (went out scumreading two town lol) and I think even if we had best case got Titus on d2 it would have still been a hard game to win as faustiv was playing extremely well. I think this was genuinely a full team loss where everybody made mistakes that lead to none of us blocking together to catch scum and scum did a great job capitalizing on each of those mistakes.

nah I'm with you. If I was town I probably would have hard scumread Titus at D2 start too. Whether that read would have changed as D2 progressed... idk.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

you really threw me with the PR speculating thing, that was well executed. haven't seen scum pull that one to such a degree before
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:43 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 813, GuiltyLion wrote:you really threw me with the PR speculating thing, that was well executed. haven't seen scum pull that one to such a degree before
it was definitely a risk but no risk, no reward.

tbh i just didn't back myself to win the game on my own if titus was lynched so I had to think outside the box.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:03 am

Post by Titus »

In post 811, GuiltyLion wrote:oh one thing I forgot to add though is Titus you're probably right that if I stuck to meta I woulda had a better case. I actually found a game where you were hammered as the doctor and you said the person hammering you should have known better, but I chose not to bring it up cause the person who hammered you was also town (lol) and I figured people would see that as detrimental to my point
I think you should have. My point was it was optimal in this situation.

Using my own words against me is so much easier standard than proving no town would bc town can and would do it.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:00 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 810, GuiltyLion wrote:hey gg all, very well played by scum!
I knew we should never let Titus get away with that hammer!!
I really disagree with the idea that there's any way to spin that move as town-oriented and am happy to continue discussing in a chiller post-game environment (if anyone actually legit wants that, lol).

If I was in the game, I would have powerlynched Titus for quickhammering a town doc claim. I’m amazed that didn’t happen, tbh.

You’re welcome, backup modding is fun and Plotinus was super helpful. The only thing I still couldn’t figure out was how to reset the timer.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:01 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 816, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 810, GuiltyLion wrote:hey gg all, very well played by scum!
I knew we should never let Titus get away with that hammer!!
I really disagree with the idea that there's any way to spin that move as town-oriented and am happy to continue discussing in a chiller post-game environment (if anyone actually legit wants that, lol).

If I was in the game, I would have powerlynched Titus for quickhammering a non CC’d town doc claim. I’m amazed that didn’t happen, tbh.

You’re welcome, backup modding is fun and Plotinus was super helpful. The only thing I still couldn’t figure out was how to reset the timer.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Map Wolf
Map Wolf
Goon
Map Wolf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:14 am

Post by Map Wolf »

The only reason Titus survived is because we assumed she was pr. That's why she clearly should've been lynched on d3 (and I should've pushed harder).
-
By the way, is there any reason you'd want to have a PT as a VT? (Beyond maybe for typing thoughts at night)
“The biggest defeat is to not lose”
-MapWolf
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 818, Map Wolf wrote:The only reason Titus survived is because we assumed she was pr. That's why she clearly should've been lynched on d3 (and I should've pushed harder).
-
By the way, is there any reason you'd want to have a PT as a VT? (Beyond maybe for typing thoughts at night)
I usually do if I’m in a hydra but some people like them to keep track of their thoughts during the game.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Post by Plotinus »

The mafia PT has been released: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=81285
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4