Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 am

Post by Isis »

There's not any other lims I don't have misgivings about except like maybe Cakez? Idk that slot
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:37 am

Post by Isis »

I'm teasing a I really think there's like a 50% chance skitter randed scum in this game that's a pretty strong read
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Andante »

If the other clears want to flip skitter, I guess I could join, I just don't SR skitter, but I'm not some expert at reading her
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:01 am

Post by SirCakez »

I need to read still but pls can we not do skitter?? No one has presented strong reasons for Meuh town
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

almost done reading up but feel an urge to comment on this
In post 4080, skitter30 wrote:
In post 4069, SirCakez wrote:And where's the scum on the Beat wagon? Why is this being ignored?
I mean technically not every wagon needs a scum on it

But faker that would be a good thing to address actually
my thoughts here - I actually think an all-town Beat wagon is possible and would explain why D2 was so difficult. I really dislike Cakez trying to pull up "where's scum on Beat??" in his defense when he repeatedly scumread Beat on D1 (yet never voted it) and has not strongly scum hunted on the Beat wagon in my mind, like D2 he was voting Titus for a lot of it and then since mid-D2 all he's done is votepark marci and ignore the fact that the majority of the game is townreading her.

I was even getting an inkling of this possibility prior to Pav flip:
In post 2428, GuiltyLion wrote:is there any sense in wondering whether Beat was an all town wagon or is that just absolute lunacy
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:16 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4131, Andante wrote:Just cause like, there's no interactions, Pav barely acknowledges Cakez exists, and like, we have 5 clears or whatever now, Pav spends majority of focus talking to people who are now conf town
^^^^

this

again, Cakez doesn't mention or talk to Pav in any way until
sixty two pages
into the game
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:24 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 4192, skitter30 wrote:If meuh thinks its pav fruit coral
Why does she leave the 5 person pav wagon to either start or be the second vote on fruit

We know pav is scum
Ans fruit is town

This has not been adequately explained

Sure the progression tracks with her earlier stated reads
It still doesnt make sense as a thing to do at that point in the game
In post 4195, Aristeia wrote:I agree that her vote on Pavowski is
very very good

it's actually the
THIRD TIME
she voted for Pavowski, she got zero traction the other two times.

This is the first time everyone in the game, Skitter, Me, Titus, Guiltylion hop on the train CHOO CHOO CHOO.

Cakes says he can vote there.

Pavo is literally inches from dying - so why would she change her mind on the wagon she actually wanted and
had good reason to want
when she's finally getting it?

If she has cold feet, then like who is giving her cold feet? She doesn't even
mention
Pavowski when she hops off - it's like oooh look over there a fruit!
I'll also chime in with where I'm at on this

you all seem to be saying "why would town unvote a leading wagon they scumread" and I agree that's bad townplay, for sure

but why would scum unvote there? It seems like you all are assuming that Meuh's unvote was intended to make an effort at saving Pav, but I don't think it does, especially if skitter is town then the engine of the Pav wagon is all town - and we see how it played out that Pav still got pushed through anyways. So all scum!Meuh has to gain from unviting is... bad optics? In my mind once scum decide to bus/wagon their buddy they usually stick to it and try to milk the towncred they want from it, they don't do some timid vote/unvote play because they're fully concerned with how it will look and point to them if their partner does get flipped. Especially in a set up like this where a buddy going down is tangibly quite bad for scum with 5 people cleared afterwards. if you're going to add fuel to that fire then you
have
to be getting something from it, and I don't think Meuh tried to.

so yeah I think Meuh unvoting is bad/hard to explain from town, but I think it's even harder to explain from scum, and I feel like skitt especially doesn't seem to be considering that angle
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

overall I think Faker makes a decently compelling case for scum!Coral - while I townread a lot of Coral's thought processes and ideas, it's not in an unfakeable tier of townplay, and if there's context and history where tw clashed with Aristeia in prior games I could maybe imagine him getting tilted and replacing out as scum, which was previously the foundation of my townread there.

however I think it's possible Faker could just be wrong and a Coral townflip feels like it would put us in a bad situation with a scum!Cakez escape, where as a hypothetical Cakez townflip doesn't feel as bad because whoever escapes in the remaining pool, whether Skitter or Meuh or Faker or whoever would give us a lot of hard information

and I still don't see a single compelling reason to TR Cakez or not flip him here

so that's where I'm at. I kinda feel skitter and Meuh are both town. I need to go dig through Coral's ISO and see where she is on Cakez, I haven't been zeroing in on associatives amongst the uncleared yet today
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

the fact that Coral hasn't voted at all today is bad

I get that people want the conftowns to lead but in my perfect world the conftowns would abstain from voting and the unclears would be voting first to demonstrate actual intent/commitment to their reads
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Faker »

I'm at that point of "Fuck it I don't know". I'm going to draw names out of a hat that aren't marcistar's and then vote there or townread them depending on of how my most recent meal is sitting in my stomach.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I think where I am is that it's either Skitter/Cakez or Coral/Cakez, ultimately. I'd bet on Coral/Cakez before Skitter/Cakez but the Skitter/Cakez world scares me if we lim outside those two today
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Faker »

I'm a bit divergent in 4306 in that as much as I want to assert she should be a townread, I really have very little concrete to point to besides the votes around Pav and the fact that I was the only unclear not willing to vote her.

Speaking of which that's fucking stupid VOTE: Coral

I also still think some interactions of Pavowski's with her are +town but those are all separate. I'm arguing she's town despite the Fruit vote at this point, I don't think it's actively +town. Everyone can get on my case for saying "but there's no way it happens as town!" but I feel like I've adequately explained how it
might
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:49 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 4287, Faker wrote:I am scum with everyone. It is a fact.
maybe we just yeet faker tbh
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:51 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 3968, Meuh wrote:imo we just leave Marci and Faker alone today
Preferably lim in Skitter/Cakez
If not, Coral is okay but only if you pinky promise it’s gonna be Skitter/Cakez tomorrow
Still feeling this
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 4308, GuiltyLion wrote:the fact that Coral hasn't voted at all today is bad

I get that people want the conftowns to lead but in my perfect world the conftowns would abstain from voting and the unclears would be voting first to demonstrate actual intent/commitment to their reads
this is a very good point

also it applies to marci

i honestly have 0 clue what she is doing today

im not sure she has even tried to look for mafia
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 4313, Meuh wrote:
If not, Coral is okay but only if you pinky promise it’s gonna be Skitter/Cakez tomorrow
Still feeling this
do you think the scum team is exactly skitter/cake?
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Coral »

Okay, I've more fully absorbed the back and forth mostly surrounding Meuh that went on recently now, and I didn't get a ton out of it, a lot was rehashing points that seemed similar to previously made ones. I do at least believe that the vote on Meuh from Faker isn't clearing her from being a partner, based on the way it progressed, but it does probably make it less likely since it could be a risky move
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:55 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

also Cakez's spree of posts from to just feels like caught scum panic to me
In post 4073, SirCakez wrote:Faker is a very smart mafia player and obv way better at this game then I
The fact that they continue to make ridiculous logical errors over and over is convincing me they are scum
this post in particular feels like scum mindset in how he says Faker's logical errors "is convincing [him]" that Faker is scum

if he was actually being convinced he'd just assert that Faker is scum, rather than that his mindset is evolving to Faker-scum. instead this feels self-aware that he needs to emulate a thought process
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Faker »

That's not to me but my YOLO is still exactly skitter/Coral.

As mentioned yesterday I haven't thought at all about skitter/Cakez and I probably should, shrug, but my chips are in and the issue for me is I have maybe 128 bits of memory and can't remember why I made that decision (skitter/Coral) for the life of me, and I also frequently take after my husband and turbotoss.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:57 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

Faker do you have a reason it's not Coral/Cakez
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 4315, Aristeia wrote:
In post 4313, Meuh wrote:
Still feeling this
do you think the scum team is exactly skitter/cake?
I think that’s the most likely team, but I’m not incredibly confident on it
Otherwise I’d hedge my bets on Coral/Cakez and if that’s still wrong then it’s Skitter/Coral. That duo seems the most unlikely of the 3, though.
If neither of those are true then I guess Faker or Marci is scum, probably the former.
This is why Cakez lim today sounds particularly good, not only is he most likely scum so we win a bunch of the time by doing it, but if he isn’t we still have a decent gamestate imo (since several probable teams get ruled out)
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Faker »

Yeah, I thought Cakez going aggressive against me just because I kept going after Coral was one of the absolute fucking dumbest things I have ever seen if he is scum.

Scum needs to eliminate two townies to win, not one.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Aristeia »

i am willing to yeet cakez if thats what people want
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Andante »

YO WAIT... GL... you're agreeing with me on my Cakez stuff? hahahaha that's awesome!! I was barely here... but yeah reading Pav's ISO, it's like, nothing with Cakez? yeah.. idk I'm not 100% convinced, cause all I've done was look at VCs and read pav's ISO
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:01 am

Post by Andante »

hahahaha if cakez is town I'm gonna feel so bad though