Open 887: Coalition of Frogs (Game Over)

Open Games (Use a known setup). Signups Here
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:39 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

HEAL: Bellaphant

i like that bella made certain the choice wasn't going to be locked before they decided to join in. seems like a good first choice for collation.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:40 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 4, Bellaphant wrote:First!
In post 6, Hero at Heart wrote: first to confrim AND first to post. I'm lucky!
Pedit: noooo
could you two please add pronouns to your profile
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:44 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

HEAL: TheHoldSteady well of course i'm going to want to put myself in this also.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:48 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 18, implosion wrote:
In post 11, Hero at Heart wrote: hello! how u doin?
i feel as though some burden of many years has been lifted, but i can't quite put my finger on it.

also jet lag
your scum meeting was that far away huh
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:16 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 26, Datisi wrote: it won't actually do anything until a coalition is locked in. you see i wanted to do this thing where i naked vote someone as a sign of being Sus of them because i didn't feel like actually typing out actual words. and you made me type out actual words. look what you've done
good job doc

HEAL: Doctor Drew
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 28, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 26, Datisi wrote: it won't actually do anything until a coalition is locked in. you see i wanted to do this thing where i naked vote someone as a sign of being Sus of them because i didn't feel like actually typing out actual words. and you made me type out actual words. look what you've done
I can only apologize, I will send a gift basket first thing in the morning hoping my wrong has been righted(not a dig on you, just having some fun lol).

But, I saw other votes and just thought 'eh it's RVS I guess'. Yours seemed like an actual vote, so I was a bit confused.
i get the point behind rvs but i don't feel like its the most lucrative for getting information out of. so i'm glad that we're moving past it fairly quickly.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

doc, bella, datisi all ping town to me so far
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:50 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Ari town

Cooling off on Bella town because seeming a bit forced and a lack of activity
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:54 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 47, Hero at Heart wrote: cool lol

i might as well:

HEAL: Datisi, Hero, Bella, Merlyn

Drew do you want in?
How opportunistic can you be. you basically agree with my two (three? I'm not sure if you're saying you townread Drew here) townreads here while ALSO putting yourself in the coalition, while at the same time saying "idk, THS seems like scum for the bella read and putting himself in the coalition". you're just parroting the wrong read already espoused by datisi hoping no one will notice.

VOTE: Hero at Heart
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:27 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

you tr'd bella's opening, i thought it was null. i liked her page 2 thing about being proud that she had a good take. it's not the best read ever, but it's a read and i also liked her post on this page so i'm keeping it.
I thought it was town because it showed a level of caution that I would expect to see from a town player who is new to the setup. So we had differing views on Bella’s first post. But that’s not scum-indicative, it just means we interpreted things differently.
this is super subjective but i just feel a nullscum vibe from this post, i can't explain it other than it's vibe.
I just typically default to using the avatar to gauge pronouns for posters who don’t have them listed and avatar isn’t the most accurate gauge. It’s fine if you intentionally don’t care what people call you though. wasn’t a game related comment at all.
feels way over-explainy and apologetic for doing something any townie would do without thinking twice.
OK well you’re experienced and you’re familiar with what this setup is. i’m not, and maybe i thought my idea was more novel than it actually is.
this feels like a forced scumread which isn't really based on anything, could possibly be used later on to show that THS has scumreads but could also be easily forgotten if THS decides not to push implo.
ehh, a joke is a joke. i don't have any read on implosion at all. what is the best mo for scum in this phase? if you need one scum in the coalition you want to gain enough people’s trust. picking a player i don’t know out of the blue and being like "they’re scum” right out of the gate doesn’t really fit the MO of the setup.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:31 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

i don't really care if you sr me. i'm all for having a discussion about my alignment, as i don't have anything to hide about my thought process and i can try to explain anything you want. but trying to paint me as scum for what was clearly a joke, and asking people for pronouns makes me feel like you're just using me as a target.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:15 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 106, Datisi wrote: THS is accusing hero of being scum for scumreading him while having the "same" views as him, but completely ignoring the fact on how those views came to be, when something like that is very relevant, is uh, a choice
what facts were i ignoring? he deliberately decided not to explain how his views came to be until we pressed him to explain more.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #12) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:40 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 113, Datisi wrote:
In post 107, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 106, Datisi wrote: THS is accusing hero of being scum for scumreading him while having the "same" views as him, but completely ignoring the fact on how those views came to be, when something like that is very relevant, is uh, a choice
what facts were i ignoring? he deliberately decided not to explain how his views came to be until we pressed him to explain more.
In post 83, Hero at Heart wrote: idk if pocketing is the word i'd choose, but i definitely felt his townread of bella felt very fake and unnatural, so yeah that's part of my SR on him (also the way he explained why he is including himself in his coalition felt scummy as well)
i mean, he said right here that the townread felt unnatural, and that your explanation for *why* you're putting yourself into the coalition is scummy. sure he didn't elaborate on it immediately, but reducing this to "THS seems like scum for the bella read and putting himself in the coalition" (implying he's scumreading you for those views, not the way they came to be) is disingenuous

like if you wanted to see if there was actually some sorta hypocrisy in his views here, you can ask him to elaborate on why he holds those. but just ignoring the potential reasons and saying he's calling you scum "for having those views" is bad
So Bella only had two posts and I was jumping to conclusions that it was the first post he townread. OK, then I was mistaken.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #13) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:34 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 120, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: I just typically default to using the avatar to gauge pronouns for posters who don’t have them listed and avatar isn’t the most accurate gauge. It’s fine if you intentionally don’t care what people call you though. wasn’t a game related comment at all.
this is fair
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: OK well you’re experienced and you’re familiar with what this setup is. i’m not, and maybe i thought my idea was more novel than it actually is.
interesting. what makes you think i'm experienced and familiar with the setup?
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: ehh, a joke is a joke. i don't have any read on implosion at all. what is the best mo for scum in this phase? if you need one scum in the coalition you want to gain enough people’s trust. picking a player i don’t know out of the blue and being like "they’re scum” right out of the gate doesn’t really fit the MO of the setup.

what would you do then if you were scum?
for instance, i thought it made perfect sense for scum to pick a player (i.e. bella) and townread them off the gate. i know you are talking about the implo scumread here, but i guess it could be a mistake? scum can't be expected to act rationally 100% of the time.

great, now i feel like i'm both being too lenient with THS and simultaneously confbiasing against them.
One thing to remember is that two scum flying under the radar might pass day one in a normal game but it would lead to a loss here. One scum has to take an active, town-appearing role or the game is lost. So I'm looking for a scum here that is more on the proactive side.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #14) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:50 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 135, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 132, TheHoldSteady wrote: One thing to remember is that two scum flying under the radar might pass day one in a normal game but it would lead to a loss here. One scum has to take an active, town-appearing role or the game is lost. So I'm looking for a scum here that is more on the proactive side.
who do you think that is? me?
I don't know yet.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #15) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:55 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Let me let you in on something: I have the unique POV where I know there was incorrectly placed suspicion on a town slot. You weren't as subtle about suspecting me as I was expecting you to be. So I'm looking at others in the thread who might subtly take advantage of the heat on my slot.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #16) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:58 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

We've still got time but let's get some organization to our approach. I'd like to challenge everyone, by Friday, to come up with 2-3 people you absolutely want in your coalition, and 2-3 people you don't.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #17) » Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:19 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 146, implosion wrote: i agree with aristeia that hero's confidence feels fake but i don't think that's scummy when hero is a self-proclaimed alt who is trying to mix up playstyle. Or at least by default I don't think it has to be scummy. I kind of feel like hero is just townie as of page 4 with the one caveat being the Veil of Altness.
In post 103, TheHoldSteady wrote: ehh, a joke is a joke. i don't have any read on implosion at all. what is the best mo for scum in this phase? if you need one scum in the coalition you want to gain enough people’s trust. picking a player i don’t know out of the blue and being like "they’re scum” right out of the gate doesn’t really fit the MO of the setup.
This is a really fascinating line. It's like, almost lampshading the fact that he is saying "well, i was never scumreading implosion" in a post about how it's pretty townie of him to immediately call me scum (unless i'm misinterpreting). But I think it is +town just for the brazenness of a seemingly relatively new player being like "nah i'm really not playing how scum would be playing in this setup lol" in this way.
What I'm saying is, I was joking and didn't mean to imply that I had an actual read. But even if you think I'm lying about that and had alterior motives, I don't think it would be a play that would be optimal for scum to make at that point.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:38 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Answer what truthfully specifically
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:43 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I'm admittedly having trouble getting out of the weeds here. But I have nothing to be untruthful about
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:46 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 160, Merlyn wrote:
In post 146, implosion wrote: But I think it is +town just for the brazenness of a seemingly relatively new player being like "nah i'm really not playing how scum would be playing in this setup lol" in this way.
I want to lean town on THS bc I don't agree with most of the case that Hero laid out. But I think it's dangerous to paint THS with the 'new scum would never do X' brush bc I just came off of two games where he fooled me and just about everyone else as the most towny scum I've seen in a while. I don't know if he's played somewhere else before and I haven't asked but he's very good.
Scum comes a lot more naturally to me than town does, unfortunately town is the alignment I feel more awkward in and I'm still learning how to play.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:50 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Imp brought up a fair point about Merlyn but ehhh ik null on this slot, I'm not seeing anything different from the two games I played with her granted I was scum there but she's playing pretty similarly. Could be LHF.

I like Hero, I feel like it seems like a genuine way a more experienced player would look at a scatterbrained town like me.

I'm not really understanding Ari's progression on Hero; seemed to be pinging him in the earlier pages but now is referring to him as "town mayor" and putting him in the coalition.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #22) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:54 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I almost expect more from Merlyn if she's scum. I'm recalling someone said somewhere that she has a pretty strong scum game. If you want to be in the coalition you have to be proactive and I'm just seeing a totally different approach from her.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #23) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 203, Hero at Heart wrote: wow, lots of content which i'll fully read later

just popping in to answer THS:
In post 184, TheHoldSteady wrote: Answer what truthfully specifically
this question:
In post 175, Hero at Heart wrote: ari, kittens, THS - what do you think of drew/implosion on page 7?
OK I gave it my best shot. Let me know what you think.

from Implosion seems town; the thought process of thinking a post seems sketchy but second-guessing it by thinking about a previous game seems nuanced in a town sort of way.

Regarding from Doc, I think given the scum win condition here you can expect this sort of reactiveness from scum because of the necessity for at least one member of the scum team to be townread.

pings for me as well, but not for the same reasons that implosion didn’t like it. I don’t like it because, again, I have the unique perspective that I’m a town slot with incorrectly placed heat on me and I’m trying to decipher who genuinely thinks I’m scum and who is simply taking advantage of the heat to secure my lim later on. 127 and as well as just subtle enough that there’s the possibility that it’s the latter. I don’t really click with the energy comment, although I could feasibly see why you think I was setting up Hero for a “gotcha moment”.

don’t really understand where the anger is coming from. I don’t recall anywhere else in the thread where Doc got mad at “bad town play” so it really comes out of left field for me.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #24) » Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Doc do you think I'm scum or no?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #25) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:40 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I think Hero, Imp, Merlyn, is good, Bella is fien, but I don't really trust Ari, Dats, or Drew.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:42 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 233, Aristeia wrote: I'd rather not, I have low expectations this coalition wins but I am ready to be surprised.
I don't understand why town wouldn't want in the coalition. You're turning it from having to read five potential slots to four. This just seems like scummy grandstanding to me.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #27) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:43 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

If you're town then put yourself in the freaking coalition.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #28) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:54 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

HURT: previous

HEAL: Hero at Heart, Implosion, Merlyn, TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #29) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:18 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 241, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 229, Hero at Heart wrote: i will case THS tomorrow btw - i haven't forgotten about that
this still applies btw
I'm holding steady with anticipation
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #30) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:22 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 227, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 226, Hero at Heart wrote:
In post 224, Hero at Heart wrote: so right now i'm kinda happy with a datisi/hero/merlyn/bella/implosion coalition.
is there anyone who actually SR's these people?
btw this is not intentional but the literal page 9 pagebottom is my solve which means it's perfect for a page 10 coalition, right?

eh, i'll wait at least 2 more days to see if there's a dramatic change...
I don't feel all that great about Dats tbh
Actually if Drew and Datsi were the team, this would be a weird thing to say.

I think one of them should be included in the coalition.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #31) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:25 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Right now what I'm thinking of is,

Hero at Heart
Merlyn
Implosion
Doctor Drew or Datisi
---
Bellaphant
Malakittens
Aristela
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (isolation #32) » Thu Sep 28, 2023 11:26 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I can't count. But I'm pretty alright with going with Bellaphant as the fifth member if I'm not going to be included.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:05 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

You all are too big brained for me

[SAVE]Datsi[/SAVE]
HURT: TheHoldSteady

I don't think my inclusion is very likely so I'm going to think over who else to put in the fifth spot.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:05 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

HEAL: Datsi I forgot what the tag was.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:34 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 377, Hero at Heart wrote: you know what? i am done. i am done with this meta discussion, i am done with discussing my tr of datisi, and i am done with this silly 1v1 with ari. it's not fun and it's not helping town win.

so here's what we're going to do instead. i am going to propose a coalition, and ari - please sheep it eliminate me if it fails. you have my solemn promise i won't push you (but i will be looking for scum). here's my coalition:
HEAL: ari, datisi, hero, implo, bella

i'd rather tell ari "i told you" in the postgame after we won than continue this stupid, unfun argument. or i guess if she's scum i can tell her "gg wp you tricked us all". but i don't think she's scum.

the above coalition is actually final*.

*barring extreme shenanigans like datisi claiming scum or some crazy, game changing scumslip.
how willing are you to replace ari with merlyn
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:09 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

yuck. i think ari is scum.

there, there's my coalition.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

here's the way i think this is going to go:

i think hero's thought process seems very genuine and authentic and i actually got good vibes when we had that argument pages ago. i felt like i was talking to a town, not a scum.

i think the coalition is going to be wrong, and then he's going to lead a lim on me which is also going to be wrong.

what happens beyond then is out of my control
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

1. if i understood correctly, your sr on me was based on perceiving me as subtly trying to ride your wagon. does me not being as subtle aa you were expecting me to be change your viewpoint on me?
2. well, have you looked at the others? what did you see?

I already SAID you not being as subtle changed my viewpoint on you in and I've BEEN looking at others in , , , , ,
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 276, Aristeia wrote:
In post 274, Merlyn wrote: I do agree that numbers wise it just makes sense to put yourself forward for the coalition bc if you know you're town then you can only be wrong about 4 spots rather than 5. The only person who can really relax and not need to advocate for themselves here is a wolf who is pushing a partner in there. There's no point in being worried that it will make you a target later if the coalition fails, you're getting heat now anyway.
i have two completed games of coalition;

viewtopic.php?t=91245
viewtopic.php?t=89428

I am town in both

I suggested not being in coalition in both

I ended up in the coalition in both

I personally do not enjoy being in the coalition unless I'm absolutely certain my coalition is winning.

I am nowhere near that level of certainty at present and might never be.

Saying that I am mafia for not wanting to be in the coalition because all townies would want to be in the coalition and ascribing the only possible reason for someone not wanting to be in the coalition as "they are mafia who are pushing their partner in instead" is reductionist and absurd.
I can believe this.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:22 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 248, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 247, Datisi wrote: zzz hello i got lazy i read up now
In post 227, Doctor Drew wrote: I don't feel all that great about Dats tbh
is there any reason for this besides that one post you called tmi?
Well let's put it this way, I feel better about Hero, Merlyn, Imp, and Bella than I feel about you.

Felt better about Ari, but not so sure now. So I would prefer to be in the coalition over you.
What made you change your mind here?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #41) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:30 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

You said you were atuned to Ari's town game yea? What did you think of and ?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #42) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 394, Merlyn wrote: oh, sorry, this one
In post 391, Merlyn wrote: THS, what about the conversation that just went on all day led you this way? Also, do you think Hero is town then or are they not correlated?
I buy her reasoning for not wanting to be in the coalition. Don't know how I feel about moving her to the town column. I was getting some weird vibes elsewhere in her ISO that I still can't quite account for.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #43) » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:39 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I honestly am wondering now if Drew and Malakittens might be the solve. Take what I said about Drew in and then Drew's sudden push to be in the coalition on page 12. Then you have Malakitten's inactivity making them a fairly unlikely candidate for the coalition at this juncture. Anyone who is a scum partner with Malakittens would have to be pressed hard to make sure they're in the coalition or else the game is over.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #44) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:00 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 390, Merlyn wrote:
In post 377, Hero at Heart wrote: you know what? i am done. i am done with this meta discussion, i am done with discussing my tr of datisi, and i am done with this silly 1v1 with ari. it's not fun and it's not helping town win.

so here's what we're going to do instead. i am going to propose a coalition, and ari - please sheep it eliminate me if it fails. you have my solemn promise i won't push you (but i will be looking for scum). here's my coalition:
HEAL: ari, datisi, hero, implo, bella

i'd rather tell ari "i told you" in the postgame after we won than continue this stupid, unfun argument. or i guess if she's scum i can tell her "gg wp you tricked us all". but i don't think she's scum.

the above coalition is actually final*.

*barring extreme shenanigans like datisi claiming scum or some crazy, game changing scumslip.
I would support you or ari, but not both. Sub out drew or myself for yourself or for ari and I will go along with this.
why do you tr drew
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #45) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:02 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 404, Hero at Heart wrote: like am willing to hear your argument for it but right now i think you are scum so it would require some work to convince me

like can you at least not ignore the case i made on you?
not that confident to lead the initiative, especially after I reread your ari conversation more closely
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #46) » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:09 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

plus merlyns response to ari could easily be her as scum trying to insert herself into a coal so the game isn't lost for her. I think I agree it's time to fill the coal and if the game doesn't end then go from there
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (isolation #47) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 6:59 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 427, Hero at Heart wrote: hi THS, sorry for ignoring these posts.
i've been kind of checked out from the game even though it might not look like that since i did post but i didn't actually look at anything thoroughly or try to analyze anything.
In post 395, TheHoldSteady wrote: here's the way i think this is going to go:

i think hero's thought process seems very genuine and authentic and i actually got good vibes when we had that argument pages ago. i felt like i was talking to a town, not a scum.

i think the coalition is going to be wrong, and then he's going to lead a lim on me which is also going to be wrong.

what happens beyond then is out of my control
In post 396, TheHoldSteady wrote:
1. if i understood correctly, your sr on me was based on perceiving me as subtly trying to ride your wagon. does me not being as subtle aa you were expecting me to be change your viewpoint on me?
2. well, have you looked at the others? what did you see?
I already SAID you not being as subtle changed my viewpoint on you in and I've BEEN looking at others in , , , , ,
In post 397, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 276, Aristeia wrote:
In post 274, Merlyn wrote: I do agree that numbers wise it just makes sense to put yourself forward for the coalition bc if you know you're town then you can only be wrong about 4 spots rather than 5. The only person who can really relax and not need to advocate for themselves here is a wolf who is pushing a partner in there. There's no point in being worried that it will make you a target later if the coalition fails, you're getting heat now anyway.
i have two completed games of coalition;

viewtopic.php?t=91245
viewtopic.php?t=89428

I am town in both

I suggested not being in coalition in both

I ended up in the coalition in both

I personally do not enjoy being in the coalition unless I'm absolutely certain my coalition is winning.

I am nowhere near that level of certainty at present and might never be.

Saying that I am mafia for not wanting to be in the coalition because all townies would want to be in the coalition and ascribing the only possible reason for someone not wanting to be in the coalition as "they are mafia who are pushing their partner in instead" is reductionist and absurd.
I can believe this.
so if you believe ari's self towncase (at least i think that's what you are implying), and think that your townread on me is good, why do you think exactly that the coalition i suggested will fail? like who out of the 5 people do you suspect? bella? implo? datisi? please elaborate
I'm least certain on Datisi and Ari. I'll elaborate more on that soon but I've fallen sick and don't have the mental energy right now
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #48) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:04 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Datisi gave the same coalition as you and then disappeared so
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #49) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:11 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I think I'm just being paranoid. I'm probably limmed if this is wrong aren't I? Your coal is good.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #50) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:53 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Started re-reading.

Ari seems better than I remembered. Asking questions I'd expect town to ask.

I don't feel very strongly about Bella being town anymore. She's played this pretty reactively.

Drew might be town because I can't think of why scum would make at this point in time.

Datisi seemed town.

Merlyn I could see going either way.

HEAL: Aristella[/hurt]

HURT: Bellaphant
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (isolation #51) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Hero/Ari/Imp I don't see myself removing from the coalition. I'm still debating the other two slots.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #52) » Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:11 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Yeah, 167. Sorry.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (isolation #53) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:55 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

HURT: Merlyn

I'm not completely convinced that Bellaphant won't break this but we do need to save time for phase two, and I think this is about as good as it might get.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:18 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 505, Hero at Heart wrote: ok i am lowkey worried that THS suggesting a coalition identical to mine/ari's/datisi's but without sheeping us means he's town

which basically means my reads are terribad and there might be 1-2 scum in the coalition.

am i being overly paranoid, or just the right amount of paranoid? @implo, ari, THS
I thought the slowness of this coalition to gain traction is actually a good sign

If there's scum on it they can just jump on right?

But it's been several days and hasn't gained that much support
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:39 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Sorry I haven't forgotten about this game. Just been super busy and wanting to have enough time to do a closer reread.

Question for you all: Given the way the coalition came about, how viable do you think an Ari/Hero scumteam is?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:36 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 579, implosion wrote:
In post 576, TheHoldSteady wrote: Question for you all: Given the way the coalition came about, how viable do you think an Ari/Hero scumteam is?
Ari/hero scumteam would mean a lot of theater. I don't think the way the coalition came about particularly points to that; Datisi thought it was a good coalition, ari+hero were the first votes on the coalition and other people voted it up later, I don't think the way hero turned around their read on Ari is particularly s->s, etc.

Why is this your first thought that you wanted to ask about?
Just the way I start to solve things. if you can rule out one partnership it makes it more probable that there's one scum elsewhere and easier to cross out certain partners. For example, I think if STD is scum then it makes it more likely Drew is town because he was the first to suggest removing Datisi from the Coalition
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (isolation #57) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:45 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

The last game I played with Merlyn she was town and got mislimmed after pushing on a slot everyone else town read. I'd be cautious, because I'm getting similar vibes here.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #58) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:16 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Scum Implosion trying to replace a town STD with me on the coalition that Implosion was already on would've just been such a weird play to rationalize an agenda so I'm obligated to town read him here.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:10 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

UNVOTE: Hero at Heart
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #709 (isolation #60) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:27 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I think you all are skilled / experienced enough to make posts that read town so I'm trying to take a close look at intentionality here

Merlyn & Drew weren't at all drivers of the coalition and aren't really on my radar

Implosion wasn't quite a driver, but then again he didn't really need to be. But i do really read as town, there's no reason to need to do that as scum, and I actually had the same thoughts about who I wanted replaced on the coalition

Malakittens: kind of hopped on it in a subtle sort of way? Could possibly be a scum partner who wasn't on the initial coalition, but I'm starting to find an STD + RH9 team a bit tough to believe because I don't know if RH9 would bat for partner on day one like this.

Then there's Ari and HAH who were the main drivers, but did so in a blunt and less than subtle way that I'd expect from town, not scum, and seem to have very townie thought processes otherwise.

Bellaphant: Went along with the coalition on in a quiet way, didn't end up voting for the coalition in the end, but we know there was some time before the hammer so I could see her being a scum that didn't actually vote

STD: I have nothing here except PoE; he was part of the coalition, he was on the coalition, his defense isn't very strong (I don't really care if it was an accident, scum can make them, town can make them, its completely NAI to me)

So I think the lim should be Bellaphant or STD today
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #710 (isolation #61) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:38 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 707, Aristeia wrote: and I reread some of datisi's early posting and didn't feel great about thinking he's mafia.
I did too but tbh he's a good player who knows how to town tell, I think when you look at intentionality the case for him being town becomes a lot less strong
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #715 (isolation #62) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:18 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 711, Hero at Heart wrote: i like steady's thought process here
i know RH9/std is kinda obvious but sometimes it's the obvious answer, right? idk.
do you feel RH9 is partnered with bella?
In post 709, TheHoldSteady wrote: Implosion wasn't quite a driver, but then again he didn't really need to be.
and why are you giving this a pass? isn't this the same thing bella did?
It doesn't give him a pass. If you're already on the coalition as scum, there's no need to hurry it through. Biding your time is a viable strategy as long as you continue to towntell.

But the difference between Implosion and Bellaphant that I'm seeing is that Implosion continued to solve and attempt to make changes to the coalition, Bellaphant seemed to quietly resign to it

Bellaphant / RH9 is one credible possibility, in fact even if STD is town, then Scum RH9 could try and defend them here to gain town cred for later. It's something I would do as scum.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (isolation #63) » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:59 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Oh lord I'm sorry.

I thought said "I don't hate this being the coalition" not "I don't hate ths being in the coalition".

But still, Bella suggested hammering almost immediately afterwards in
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:58 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

VOTE: Save the Dragons for reasons already outlined....
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:58 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

E-1
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:18 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

I think if this is town, look at Bella or Hero tomorrow, if this is scum, probably lim RH9?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:25 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 742, Bellaphant wrote: Are you just not going to respond to me?
Yeah
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (isolation #68) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:30 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Am I supposed to explain to the person I think could be scum why I think they're scum? Or waste time and energy explaining my progression on Drew and Merlyn when I don't really think it matters right now and you can just read my ISO? Ask me something that actually benefits us to answer and I'll try my best
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #749 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:51 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

My progression on Drew makes perfect sense. Reread my ISO. See I don't think you're defending the way a town would. You're redirecting and discrediting instead of addressing what's at hand
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (isolation #70) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:53 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

You said you're not worried about my read on you but how much you're paying it attention suggests otherwise, which makes me think that you're scum trying to make yourself appear less defensive.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:31 pm

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 701, Save The Dragons wrote: i dunno. i was wrong about someone and i think implosion looks like the most likely candidate

Quoting you for a response to
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #791 (isolation #72) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:50 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

Flu and COVID shots are kicking my rear. 100.5 degree feature. Sorry but I don't know if I'll be able to contribute anything today.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (isolation #73) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:53 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 790, Merlyn wrote: If he's town and she's scum, why would she do that?
To appear more town, most likely. It's not exactly something that's hard to fake.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #74) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:55 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

But I mean, I thought Ari seems pretty town so I'd need a really good case to switch there.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #801 (isolation #75) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:22 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

If STDs not going to give us more than repeating himself to dodge a prod I don't know what else to do. We can't keep doing this until limlo
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (isolation #76) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:58 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 801, TheHoldSteady wrote: If STDs not going to give us more than repeating himself to dodge a prod I don't know what else to do. We can't keep doing this until limlo
He wasn't acting like this in phase one.. something happened to drop his motivation to zero and I don't know what.
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #810 (isolation #77) » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:40 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

In post 809, Doctor Drew wrote: RH's last few posts really read like a last ditch effort to save std, especially since I said I would hammer them.

So unless anyone else has something to say, I am going to hammer std.

Like in a half hour or so.

They do in one sense. But in another sense, it seems like people who go against the grain of the bandwagon so hard turn out to be town more often than scum?
TheHoldSteady
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
TheHoldSteady
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1374 (isolation #78) » Wed Nov 08, 2023 4:47 am

Post by TheHoldSteady »

It's okay Bellphant. You were in an unenviable position. It happens to the best of us.

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”