brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 319, ajfefijsleifjsa wrote:
In post 284, mcqueen wrote:controversial opinion time: the game is dead because most of you tried to replace RVS with pre-game antics, which isn't reliable and shouldn't be the basis for reads
gohs dang this post is worthlesss
VOTE: mcqueen
Is a worthless post really worthy of a scum read, though?
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by brassherald »

Follow up on my alleged catch up. Pre Day 1 posts seem super boring, and I'm not going to read them.

Fuck it!
ajfefijsleifjsa
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
ajfefijsleifjsa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by ajfefijsleifjsa »

its worthy of a vote
Petpets is better than neopets. Brought to you by NordVPN. We are young. Preferred abbreviation:
ajfefijsleifjsa

Join this 81 player mafia game
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Auro »

DoubtingThomas hasn't posted in this game thread once, and I checked his meta for activity levels.

The only game he did roll scum in as far as I checked, he was a replace-in, got double prodded and was replaced. He's also been replaced in nearly every towngame, due to lack of activity if I'm not wrong. The high replace-rate seems to show that it has nothing to do with alignment.

However, there's some differences with this game - if he's been posting elsewhere the last few days, he was definitely *intentionally* not posting in this one; I think it's likely that although DoubtingThomas is a regular flaker, he probably dislikes rolling scum to the extent of not posting at all when it happens.

I think it's wiser to wait for his replacement to join the game at this moment, but I'm placing a scumlean on the slot.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Almost50 replaces DoubtingThomas

Fucking hell.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Umm.. erm..

@Auro: Why don't you just check the replacements thread. DT has flaked on at least 3 different games already. In other words, he's flaked the site.

In other news, I BLOODY HATE THE HYDRA (and to a lesser degree Bambi) for the mess they made this thread turn into. By the time I was on page 5 I was considering making a new account called Almost100 because of you two. (or rather, you FIVE).

Anyways, I decided to forget about that and start fresh from this point on. I swear if that shitposting goes on though I will park my vote on one of these two slots until either I or they die, and if
they
die before me I will park my vote on the other one two, so BEHAVE!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 307, Egix96 wrote:You seem very happy there. That's... totally not concerning at all.
I agree I was excited. However, for your shade to be valid, I'd have to love scum and also dislike playing town to the extent that I'd be excited to roll scum and not town. What makes you believe this is true? A simple check would show you I'm usually "excited" at game-starts as either alignment, and in this case I *asked* to replace in to the slot.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 330, Almost50 wrote:@Auro: Why don't you just check the replacements thread. DT has flaked on at least 3 different games already. In other words, he's flaked the site.
Eh, I had checked his profile post history and he was posting a lot on Feb 11 and today, too. However yeah, seems like there's a reason I didn't find the other flaked games on his profile. Yeah, I'll retract that case.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:25 pm

Post by Clemency »

wee snaw
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:35 pm

Post by BuJaber »

In post 330, Almost50 wrote:Umm.. erm..

@Auro: Why don't you just check the replacements thread. DT has flaked on at least 3 different games already. In other words, he's flaked the site.

In other news, I BLOODY HATE THE HYDRA (and to a lesser degree Bambi) for the mess they made this thread turn into. By the time I was on page 5 I was considering making a new account called Almost100 because of you two. (or rather, you FIVE).

Anyways, I decided to forget about that and start fresh from this point on. I swear if that shitposting goes on though I will park my vote on one of these two slots until either I or they die, and if
they
die before me I will park my vote on the other one two, so BEHAVE!

Woop woop A28 in the house.

But no go through the torture of reading it.

People tell me I shouldn't townread bambi. Give me your opinion.

And to whoever asked, as far as I know (bambi has a lot of alts), I have only modded a game she was in. I haven't played with her before. (Can I use he/him bambi? )
Wayward Bullets is in signups!

"
Usually I’m not big on puns, but I like the cut of your jib
"- Pine
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 334, BuJaber wrote:And to whoever asked, as far as I know (bambi has a lot of alts), I have only modded a game she was in. I haven't played with her before.
I'll re-quote your earlier towncase for Jay:
In post 210, BuJaber wrote:I think scum are a little more self-conscious. Bambi continued fighting what should have looked like a losing battle (or at least one that wouldn't be easy to win), they have shown clear hypocrisy by spamming, and they are walking the scumcase backwards by reaching the conclusion first and finding reasons later. When scum do it they invent reasons to justify the fake reads. Bambi seems to be stumbling on things she thinks proves her case.
What you said re: self-consciousness, lack of stubbornness applies for newbie scum IMO, not so much for experienced scum who knows what they're doing. I
just
lost a game against a scumslot (Pinturicchio) that was pushing me with very dumb reasons all game, and I made the mistake of townreading their conviction in said stupidity. In this case I don't see how you view it as a "losing" battle especially with other slots agreeing they'd prolly be up for PL-ing the hydra, and the hydra not really making any effort to improve on their posting - if I were to make a guess, I think more slots would be voting 4heads in a hypothetical gladiate at the moment. As far as "stumbling on things" to prove her case goes, can you walk me through why that's any different from "making up reasons"?

Also, my input that Jay is experienced and also competent scum - how does that change your opinion? I want to hear your updated thoughts before A50 offers his.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:09 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 333, Clemency wrote:wee snaw
Are you going to make a proper effort this game, or are you just going to call your posts "an enigma" when I try to work with you again?
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by Clemency »

In post 336, Auro wrote:
In post 333, Clemency wrote:wee snaw
Are you going to make a proper effort this game, or are you just going to call your posts "an enigma" when I try to work with you again?
wee snaw
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:39 pm

Post by brassherald »

In post 330, Almost50 wrote:In other news, I BLOODY HATE THE HYDRA (and to a lesser degree Bambi) for the mess they made this thread turn into. By the time I was on page 5 I was considering making a new account called Almost100 because of you two. (or rather, you FIVE).
Is bloody hating the Hydra different from just hating the Hydra, or are they about the same? I need to know for cultural differences. Also, hi A50, happy Valentine's Day.
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:03 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 335, Auro wrote:What you said re: self-consciousness, lack of stubbornness applies for newbie scum IMO, not so much for experienced scum who knows what they're doing. I just lost a game against a scumslot (Pinturicchio) that was pushing me with very dumb reasons all game, and I made the mistake of townreading their conviction in said stupidity. In this case I don't see how you view it as a "losing" battle especially with other slots agreeing they'd prolly be up for PL-ing the hydra, and the hydra not really making any effort to improve on their posting - if I were to make a guess, I think more slots would be voting 4heads in a hypothetical gladiate at the moment. As far as "stumbling on things" to prove her case goes, can you walk me through why that's any different from "making up reasons"?

Also, my input that Jay is experienced and also competent scum - how does that change your opinion? I want to hear your updated thoughts before A50 offers his.

It was a losing battle because their main basis fot the lynch was discriminatory. They started with the push and case before the hydra did anything worth scumreading for. Despite what anybody's opinion on the hydra is, they were correct on this point and if it were a case on anyone else other than a hydra (and indeed one not-quite well-liked in terms of posting style of its individual heads) it would not just be rediculous, but Bambi would have gotten hounded for it.

I concede that there was/is more support for the PL than I would have expected. And that speaks more about the people willing to vote there than it does about Bambi. Though if scum!Bambi is capable of convincing town to do such a thing on such a terrible premise then she would in fact be more competent than I'm probably giving her credit for.

The stumbling on things vs fake reasons has to do with timing. The fake reasons come before or accompanying the vote/case/push. What we have here in this game is Bambi reacting to hydra posts and adding reasons to a case that started out with no reason apart from it's a 4-headed hydra therefore they will talk too much. They also seemed to reread certain posts with the same viewpoint of this needs to be lynched. This latter point is much harder to distinguish from scum fake reasoning and is more subjective but on this I just found their posts to be genuine conclusions of a townie train of thought, rather than someone looking for things that sound right to support their fake read.

Just knowing that she is very capable of playing scum and sounding townie doesn't make me drop her to a nullread (because of the reasons above), but it does make me less confident, and I will maintain a healthy dose of paranoia regarding the slot going forward.

What bothers me is that bambi's action has created a pro-scum scenario (I currently townread her so think this was unintentional), because people have lost interest in the game, and we might end up being forced to deal with the 2 slots as if it was indeed a gladiate. But to remedy this I suggest we hold off on that until day 2 anyway. Today we need to lynch someone else.

And on that note... brass is doing nothing this game.. not the brass I know and like.
Plus wtf is this:
brassherald wrote:
In post 319, ajfefijsleifjsa wrote:
In post 284, mcqueen wrote:controversial opinion time: the game is dead because most of you tried to replace RVS with pre-game antics, which isn't reliable and shouldn't be the basis for reads
gohs dang this post is worthlesss
VOTE: mcqueen
Is a worthless post really worthy of a scum read, though?

"
"- Pine
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:06 am

Post by BuJaber »

FTR I felt that she was kinda lynchbaity as town in the game I modded. That could be part of why I am underestimating her town game. People who are somewhat easy to lynch as town have an inherent disadvantage when playing scum.

"
"- Pine
rosterfoster
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
rosterfoster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:25 am

Post by rosterfoster »

Prodging - I'll post more tonight. I was getting some bad feels off Auro though.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 am

Post by Auro »

In post 339, BuJaber wrote:It was a losing battle because their main basis fot the lynch was discriminatory. They started with the push and case before the hydra did anything worth scumreading for. Despite what anybody's opinion on the hydra is, they were correct on this point and if it were a case on anyone else other than a hydra (and indeed one not-quite well-liked in terms of posting style of its individual heads) it would not just be rediculous, but Bambi would have gotten hounded for it.
Jay's initial argument (in my recollection) wasn't that 4heads was a good PL simply due to spam - it was that a 4 headed Hydra was a difficult sort due to their brushing off scumcases citing "dissonance" and who'd have a large voice going into D2 on a town lynch which would make them dangerous.

While I do not agree with the reasoning, it's not a ridiculous premise. Jay clearly thought he'd win this battle when he entered it, and also through the exchange.
In post 339, BuJaber wrote:The stumbling on things vs fake reasons has to do with timing. The fake reasons come before or accompanying the vote/case/push. What we have here in this game is Bambi reacting to hydra posts and adding reasons to a case that started out with no reason apart from it's a 4-headed hydra therefore they will talk too much. They also seemed to reread certain posts with the same viewpoint of this needs to be lynched. This latter point is much harder to distinguish from scum fake reasoning and is more subjective but on this I just found their posts to be genuine conclusions of a townie train of thought, rather than someone looking for things that sound right to support their fake read.
You're basically describing conviction here - how I see it, it's equally as easy for scum!Jay to decide on deathtunneling the slot, and carrying that conviction through the day. It's dangerous to townread conviction, especially in Jay's case. If you find their posts "genuine from a townie train of thought" I'm taking it as a gut read.

Also, note that this is multiball - scum on either faction still want to hunt and lynch the other.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:50 am

Post by Auro »

In post 341, rosterfoster wrote:Prodging - I'll post more tonight. I was getting some bad feels off Auro though.
Why, an I over-explaining my stances? ;)

Can you describe what was (is) giving you bad feels off me?
BuJaber
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
BuJaber
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:50 am

Post by BuJaber »

In post 342, Auro wrote:
In post 339, BuJaber wrote:It was a losing battle because their main basis fot the lynch was discriminatory. They started with the push and case before the hydra did anything worth scumreading for. Despite what anybody's opinion on the hydra is, they were correct on this point and if it were a case on anyone else other than a hydra (and indeed one not-quite well-liked in terms of posting style of its individual heads) it would not just be rediculous, but Bambi would have gotten hounded for it.
Jay's initial argument (in my recollection) wasn't that 4heads was a good PL simply due to spam - it was that a 4 headed Hydra was a difficult sort due to their brushing off scumcases citing "dissonance" and who'd have a large voice going into D2 on a town lynch which would make them dangerous.

While I do not agree with the reasoning, it's not a ridiculous premise. Jay clearly thought he'd win this battle when he entered it, and also through the exchange.
In post 339, BuJaber wrote:The stumbling on things vs fake reasons has to do with timing. The fake reasons come before or accompanying the vote/case/push. What we have here in this game is Bambi reacting to hydra posts and adding reasons to a case that started out with no reason apart from it's a 4-headed hydra therefore they will talk too much. They also seemed to reread certain posts with the same viewpoint of this needs to be lynched. This latter point is much harder to distinguish from scum fake reasoning and is more subjective but on this I just found their posts to be genuine conclusions of a townie train of thought, rather than someone looking for things that sound right to support their fake read.
You're basically describing conviction here - how I see it, it's equally as easy for scum!Jay to decide on deathtunneling the slot, and carrying that conviction through the day. It's dangerous to townread conviction, especially in Jay's case. If you find their posts "genuine from a townie train of thought" I'm taking it as a gut read.

Also, note that this is multiball - scum on either faction still want to hunt and lynch the other.

Sure maybe that was her original case, but it doesn't change the fact that she pushed someone on a hypothetical. It'd be a lot different if the hydra did this and then bambi pushed them. Like I said somewhere before you can't punish someone because they might commit a crime. They have to actually do something first.

I think what I was describing is not just simple conviction but I'll keep your opinion under advisement. I don't see the value of second guessing my reads just yet. If some signs begin to appear that show that my interpretation of events is wrong I'll reevaluate.

"
"- Pine
Bambi Jay
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Bambi Jay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:48 am

Post by Bambi Jay »

Now admittedly some of the people who replaced out
could theoretically
have been because of my baiting the Hydra into spamming and such. My B on that front, Boyos. On the bright side I found Elsa's favorite monkey elder, so there's that.

Will reread the beginning of day 1 and see the cases you got on each other since I rest my case on the hydra.... For now. Now with a fuller list, we can see what we get together.
Yes, I'm related to Elsa Jay. No, we aren't the same person, she is a thot. I'm pure and full of positive energy.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:02 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 339, BuJaber wrote:And on that note... brass is doing nothing this game.. not the brass I know and like.
Plus wtf is this:
Ohh... I don't know why you like me, but I like you, too.

And a post.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:04 am

Post by brassherald »

Also, bujaber, buddy. Walls suck. Can you split these into smaller posts so I can trick myself into reading all of it?
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:05 am

Post by brassherald »

Auro, too. Let's pretend there is a character limit for everyone!
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:08 am

Post by brassherald »

As far as I'm concerned this is still pretty early in the game because I'm sure as hell not reading before day 1 where it seems like Bambi fought with the Hydra from what I hear. And not a good fight, like the one at the end of Rocky. A fight like in The Last Airbender which it turns out is not 16 hours long, just boring.

Return to “Completed Open Games”