Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:20 am

Post by Vulture »

No fun zone.

Who wants to talk about this setup a bit?
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Vulture »

So (speaking anecdotally because I can’t reference back to it anymore) on Epicmafia this setup was played with few numbers, basically. I wanna say it was like 2/3/2. Masons sometimes outed themselves day one. This lessened the pool that people needed to hunt within, and kind of... guided the kills in a way, in that uh... you’re not analyzing the kills for “was this mason hunting or not” so much as like...

Kills were then made and analyzed as “the clear died expected” or, rarely, “why didn’t the clear die here?” Almost always the masons died but sometimes they didn’t and it was a ? moment.

I immediately thought of it when I saw this game and wanted to throw it out there as a way of tackling the game, or alternatively having only one mason out themselves and be the go-between for themselves and the others, etc.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #2) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:29 am

Post by Vulture »

I wanted to see what everyone else thought of it, yeah; I saw the strategy work well when it was implemented in games.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:37 am

Post by Vulture »

I don’t mind being the punching bag if it kickstarts things past RVS honestly. The strategy was the first thing I thought about. While I was reticent to play competitive/ranked on EM, that was a setup I liked at the time because there wasn’t any mechanical stuff involved like CC.

Even if people don’t want to do it, it’s something to talk about.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Vulture »

Hm hm.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Vulture »

VOTE: Fire
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #6) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by Vulture »

UNVOTE:

My vote Might Return here later, jury's still out.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #7) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Vulture »

Spoiler: Irrelevant
I want to post but the vibe isn't giving the energy that I'd need to reply consistently. >_>
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #8) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Vulture »

It's more like my energy than it is anyone else's.

Feeling this is gonna be an observatory game for me.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #9) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Vulture »

My initial vote on fire was mostly to provoke Andante, as well as a bit of selfishness; I felt my suggestion at the beginning was the kind that gets responses and is, also, easy for mafia to white knight.

I initially thought fire's was a bit more... awkward, but in retrospect I dislike Implosion's more. Fire liked the sentiment and found me towny, conversely Implo attacked the vote on me. I vibed with the sentiment he presented at first but now... meh.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #10) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Vulture »

It's a recent development for me.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #11) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:43 pm

Post by Vulture »

People usually don't find me townie early on on this alt... or ever.

Hmph.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #12) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Vulture »

Is that 'cause I was talking about it now or did something change? :>
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Vulture »

Hmm, fair enough.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:01 pm

Post by Vulture »

Hai.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (isolation #15) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 465, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 463, Vulture wrote:Hai.
hello!
Hewwo.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (isolation #16) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 471, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 468, Vulture wrote:
In post 465, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 463, Vulture wrote:Hai.
hello!
Hewwo.
what do you think of gamma so far?
Meh.

The only thing that I have a reaction towards is .
also I think if I'm scum feeling this way about the game I don't really throw myself into things the way I have, which is also why I voted vulture, because it feels like she's doing what I would be doing as scum here
Seems like bus throwing wrt the part about me. I don't get the "throw myself into things the way I have" part either because I disagree that Gamma's really done that, I guess?
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #17) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 292, hutmeil wrote:
In post 21, Vulture wrote:So (speaking anecdotally because I can’t reference back to it anymore) on Epicmafia this setup was played with few numbers, basically. I wanna say it was like 2/3/2. Masons sometimes outed themselves day one. This lessened the pool that people needed to hunt within, and kind of... guided the kills in a way, in that uh... you’re not analyzing the kills for “was this mason hunting or not” so much as like...

Kills were then made and analyzed as “the clear died expected” or, rarely, “why didn’t the clear die here?” Almost always the masons died but sometimes they didn’t and it was a ? moment.

I immediately thought of it when I saw this game and wanted to throw it out there as a way of tackling the game, or alternatively having only one mason out themselves and be the go-between for themselves and the others, etc.
What happened then? Did Town/Mason win when they outed early?
Town won more often than not. The caveat is that the pool is smaller than it would be here, but having town focus in on people who it could reasonably be instead of tunneling masons for a bit was beneficial.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by Vulture »

Yeah, smaller pool probably means it's not as good here. Oh well, nothing ventured/gained.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #19) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Vulture »

I'm having a hard time getting into this game (they said, as if they ever really got into them these days) because there's a knot of meta/familiarity that's like wriggling around in the center of it. I think it's unfair to say there's scum in there somewhere (Ari/VP/Datisi) but it's difficult for me to see past it right now. One of those "Feels Like It" things.

Does anyone have any questions for me/want my takes on something.. I'm in a post-y mood.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (isolation #20) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 480, Andante wrote:
In post 478, Vulture wrote:I'm having a hard time getting into this game (they said, as if they ever really got into them these days) because there's a knot of meta/familiarity that's like wriggling around in the center of it. I think it's unfair to say there's scum in there somewhere (Ari/VP/Datisi) but it's difficult for me to see past it right now. One of those "Feels Like It" things.

Does anyone have any questions for me/want my takes on something.. I'm in a post-y mood.
do you have a read on implosion?
Right now it's an... eh.

I disliked the way he interacted early on wrt the vote you made on me but it's softened a bit to an eh. I think it ties into how I'm viewing you right now which is that I usually think you're towny despite just not being able to understand how you play at all, but I'm having more question marks on you right now than I have before.

Two in one. I also think Implosion is... a little self aware (?) and that feels in a not great way but I don't think that's a strong thing to lean onto either. A post or two made me go 'eh'.
In post 481, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 440, Datisi wrote:how about i VOTE: vulture
was not expecting this.
Same.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #21) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 383, implosion wrote:
In post 379, fireisredsir wrote:implo reads not at all like how he did in my previous game with him, where i incorrectly scumread him. maybe its the new avatar or the fact that the other game had a lot of mech stuff to talk about, but if i didn't see the name i would think this was a completely different person

im not really sure what to make of that
I absolutely would have scumread me that game if it had been a regular game, iirc I was thinking so at the time. Like, my posting patterns and everything. I honestly was playing like,
drastically
closer to my scum meta than my town meta, because I was a muse. It felt like I needed to sort of "pick my battles" and make a conscious decision about which opinions I'd say and when so as to not give anything away.
In post 474, implosion wrote:
In post 422, VP Baltar wrote:Why would I just attack you back?

While I do see you lining up with Datisi, I don't see you lining up with andante necessarily (despite that weird sort of exchange you two had), and she is my lead pick for scum here so far. What substantive things would you like to engage on? I didn't get a lot from your posts toward me.
i kind of sketchily jumped on to your wagon with little explanation; it felt like it should seem sort of sketchy from your point of view.
Was these two Implo posts that I had my 'eh' moment on, the latter moreso because it's relevant to the game at hand rather than the former. The former is just the sort of self-analysis that I instinctively scumread.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #605 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:24 am

Post by Vulture »

Sorry. I have no energy for playing games lately and it’s kind of left me here like well I joined so I have to play but I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about this.

Annoying to spoon feed me to get interaction etc but my heart really isn’t in it atm.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #608 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:27 am

Post by Vulture »

I kind of just felt obligated to post...
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #778 (isolation #24) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 610, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 605, Vulture wrote:Sorry. I have no energy for playing games lately and it’s kind of left me here like well I joined so I have to play but I don’t spend a lot of time thinking about this.

Annoying to spoon feed me to get interaction etc but my heart really isn’t in it atm.
If you want something to look at, I would like a second opinion on the interaction starting here. Basically, Ari complains that I'm hard to read, and then I make several attempts to start a dialogue with her by interjecting in her conversation with Datisi ( and ), and she completely ignores me. It gave me the impression that she was just grandstanding and didn't really care about reading me.
To be frank, I think that the dynamic that Datisi and Aristeia cultivate together (or I guess moreso Ari? This isn't being mean just my pov) kind of blocks out other people at times because they're caught up in their thing at times. Your interjections don't stand out as anything more than the sort of comment someone says and then it's just there, it doesn't feel... compelling in the moment to engage in, especially when they're posting back and forth with each other.

I guess scum!Ari could be losing the threads that she's spinning and letting it go for favor of sweeping up Datisi but I feel she'd make more of an effort, however shallow, to outwardly care about you if she was trying to go somewhere with it intentionally.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #25) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:49 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 609, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 608, Vulture wrote:I kind of just felt obligated to post...
Do you think this is a town or scum driven wagon on you?
The only vote that I think could come from scum right now is Gamma. Andante is... inscrutable, which you might not like to hear but I'm fairly null on her right now. I've been mulling over if this should be concerning or not, and I'm saddled with a shrug. Her early game was... stumbling, but she generally just has an energy of "go go go do do do" as town that she has here. I think. Her voting all over the place trying to do something, suggest what she's thinking, is a bit more +town than hunkering down on someone and investing. Maybe this is too much leeway to her playstyle in general but I'm disinterested in voting her right now.

Penguin is also inscrutable but (and this is with the added perspective of recent posts) I liked the gif list. I think his play is generally lazy and hard to read for me but I liked it.

Gamma feels... nyeh? Opportunistic I guess with the vote on me and the interaction with Andante, I think focusing on something like she did is pretty trivial to do and is like, a nitpicky thing that I think you could potentially make people think you believe in without digging deep, you know? I feel like I've seen that sort of commentary from her off the top of my head in other games but I haven't looked back yet to check them, if I will at all tbh. I don't know if it'd be helpful because it's either she's just like that in how she posts (die scum!) or she's emulating it.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (isolation #26) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Vulture »

I think I understand the implosion scumreads.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (isolation #27) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Vulture »

If anyone wants anything from me Now's The Time.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #28) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 784, Andante wrote:
In post 782, Vulture wrote:I think I understand the implosion scumreads.
could you elaborate more on this, and do you agree with them? Or like, where's your stance?
Was kind of there before, on a personally-involved level. It was early on though.

This is a little less logic-y than I want and I'm unsure if it'll really... make sense but I read . That's it. I don't know why on a deeper level I dislike it.

I -guess- it feels... hm. I would need to read implosion in full to feel comfortable with saying this with my whole chest but it feels like implo's taking time this game to protect places and explain away pressure/get on good sides, in a way? I remember he did that to me early, engaging with "oh I found you towny before" or something to that note. I understand that like... you have townreads that you want to protect and will explain why you think they're town. But it boils down to "vibes off".

I'll read his iso tomorrow to see if that's a fair assessment because let it be known my vibereads have not been it lately.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (isolation #29) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 785, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 783, Vulture wrote:If anyone wants anything from me Now's The Time.
Apart from Gamma, do you have any notable scum reads?
I guess Implo as just explained. I've softened on the "I think there's mafia in this knot of people" but there isn't a discernible reason for it, just don't think it as much after being away from the thread.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #30) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Vulture »

Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #808 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:16 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 805, hutmeil wrote:
In post 804, Datisi wrote:what's the difference to you between vulture making that excuse, and me making excuses that i have exams, or george and mala straight up not being here?
The difference is vulture suggested the PR out thing.

Congrats on the exam results by the way! Does this mean you're in your early 20s? I feel ancient now lol.
1) You said early on that it was scummy to you that I suggested it. Do you think that I would, as scum, do something that early to the benefit of a team? You also followed up the idea with you being unsure if it benefitted town or scum to do so. Have you defaulted to it benefitting scum now? (Not a fair word but the one my mind used).

2) You think I’m making excuses to lay low, but I’ve also posted after stating my energy levels. Why not engage with my content as it is? Have you read it and do you agree or disagree with my reads, any thoughts?
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #809 (isolation #32) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:22 am

Post by Vulture »

Like, Hutmeil, the level that you’re engaging the game with right now feels very shallow, I guess?

I don’t think it’s worth going back and forth on whether or not suggesting a strategy like that is scummy because I came into the game aware that it would be received poorly and people would kneejerk react. But I guess you seem to be... stuck on that early thing and basing things around it longer than I think someone would if they had... more to give.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #33) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:49 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 810, Datisi wrote:vulture, why are you not voting and do you have any Strong Townreads?
I haven’t felt like it yet.

And no, actually. I have people I’m less likely to vote come time to kill but no one feels especially towny this game.
(Those people right now are that knot of people I mentioned earlier, S_S, probably Andante...? Probably Penguin...?)
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #814 (isolation #34) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:50 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 812, Gamma Emerald wrote:Was hoping for a reaction or two to my gif list
Your gif for me made me laugh.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (isolation #35) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Vulture »

It’s a slower process than usual this game but I’m sorting, just internally rather than shared.

I don’t think that I’ve ever been in a place with you where I’m... able to pick out things that logically don’t all line up for meI guess, beyond the way you go from idea to idea. In that PYP game I tunneled hard on you and especially for what I thought was bad mechanical play, but here it’s different.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (isolation #36) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Vulture »

This is a semi-outed alt if not entirely.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #835 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:57 am

Post by Vulture »

The pun was funny.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #845 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 841, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 834, Vulture wrote:This is a semi-outed alt if not entirely.
Can you just entirely out it and spare us the homework, then?
It’s Ydra. Every alt is Ydra you know this.

@Andante If you want a reference of how I play on this account I have several completed games on it.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:06 am

Post by Vulture »

Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Vulture »

Hm.

Has anyone in this game thus far actually hard TR Andante? IMO people haven’t really broadcasted that.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (isolation #41) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Vulture »

@Hutmeil: is meta the only way you would/generally approach games? There’s a level of familiarity that most players have here but equally as you feel I’m claiming to be low energy to lurk, I feel like you’re using meta (or lack thereof) as a shield to avoid engaging the game.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (isolation #42) » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:53 am

Post by Vulture »

In post 901, Vulture wrote:@Hutmeil: is meta the only way you would/generally approach games? There’s a level of familiarity that most players have here but equally as you feel I’m claiming to be low energy to lurk, I feel like you’re using meta (or lack thereof) as a shield to avoid engaging the game.
As in: I feel your responses to me regarding and currently hinge on a singular thing that happened early, and the majority of everything else is... I guess to me weird transition into a lot of mentions about meta and you’re not doing it so you like... can’t I guess make content? Won’t?

There’s a fair amount of it but my point ultimately is that if you’ve been following/reading the game you’d have realized there was a lot more you could speak about.

If you are town I understand that this game is hard to engage (I have others too have said as much) but I’d appreciate a deeper dive if you have the time, if only to my replies selfishly.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (isolation #43) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Vulture »

Wrt Mala, I’m curious why she hasn’t said anything about Implo, given the fact that she townreads everyone who was voting for her except him. Am on mobile so might have missed it but I see no mention. Maybe she thinks the wagon is valid/expected due to her activity but it’s a strange thing.

Also curious why she doesn’t like me after learning my identity but that’s more of a selfish thing than it is a read thing.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1014 (isolation #44) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:12 am

Post by Vulture »

Spoiler: Datisi is...