Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:37 am

Post by Datisi »

ari, why is baltar scum to you?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Aristeia »

he feels like he's trying to be "sensible" and that's a scum tell for him.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Aristeia »

~75% of the reason I want to murder him has to do with jealousy and because I think it'd be funny.

If he's mafia too that's just a bonus tbh
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:42 am

Post by fireisredsir »

implo reads not at all like how he did in my previous game with him, where i incorrectly scumread him. maybe its the new avatar or the fact that the other game had a lot of mech stuff to talk about, but if i didn't see the name i would think this was a completely different person

im not really sure what to make of that
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Datisi »

yeah i figured, though i assumed there's at least some Actual Read in the vote

when did you start feeling he's being "sensible"? i only got that vibe from his most recent posts towards me

@fire, what game was that?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:45 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 377, Aristeia wrote:he feels like he's trying to be "sensible" and that's a scum tell for him.
i don't really get this impression, which posts make you think that?

he seems the usual amount of not that sensible to me. maybe he's just trying and not succeeding tho
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:46 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 380, Datisi wrote:@fire, what game was that?
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=89137
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:46 am

Post by implosion »

In post 379, fireisredsir wrote:implo reads not at all like how he did in my previous game with him, where i incorrectly scumread him. maybe its the new avatar or the fact that the other game had a lot of mech stuff to talk about, but if i didn't see the name i would think this was a completely different person

I absolutely would have scumread me that game if it had been a regular game, iirc I was thinking so at the time. Like, my posting patterns and everything. I honestly was playing like,
drastically
closer to my scum meta than my town meta, because I was a muse. It felt like I needed to sort of "pick my battles" and make a conscious decision about which opinions I'd say and when so as to not give anything away.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 266, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 265, Aristeia wrote:why do you think scum!him avoid you again?
Cause I posed an awkward opener (I'm not masons with datisi), and engaging with that conversation is potentially uncomfortable for scum, who I suspect would not want to openly talk about masons for fear of being called rolefishers.
In post 327, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 300, Datisi wrote:
In post 266, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 265, Aristeia wrote:why do you think scum!him avoid you again?
Cause I posed an awkward opener (I'm not masons with datisi), and engaging with that conversation is potentially uncomfortable for scum, who I suspect would not want to openly talk about masons for fear of being called rolefishers.
ah yes, towntisi, the creature widely known for loving to engage in awkward conversations, and potentially tip off scum on their masonry status.
Maybe I have a higher opinion of your ability to game the game as town.

What bugs me is you're arguing kind of two things here. 1) That engaging with me on that topic could have been awkward as town, and therefore you avoided it. And 2) you intentionally ignored me because you were reaction testing if that was would annoy me.

Is that an accurate representation of what you're saying?

In post 301, Datisi wrote:okay, i don't think my reads have dramatically changed in the last few pages

main thing that annoys me is that baltar is pushing me for things i'm pretty sure he knows is false. which like, wouldn't be the first time i get pushed for nonsense. but my issue there is that there seems to be a lack of... an overarching thought process behind the push. it's just throwing a mudfling after mudfling.

i'd be interesting in hearing why @implo is voting there, though, since i'm p sure he's not aware of this sorta meta.

a few other things i'm keeping an eye out on, but i wanna let them develop naturally first.

aight, gotta run. will be checking in periodically today, depending on how busy the workday will be. try to not have too much fun without me.
I don't think there is any lack of thought process. I've explained my reasoning pretty thoroughly actually. What do you think is mudslinging exactly?

I think town!baltar is more nonsensical and just makes up random shit.

like these don't make sense to me but I guess plausibly they could make sense to someone else?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Datisi »

ah, that weird setup

not going to even pretend to read that
~M
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:48 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 383, implosion wrote:
In post 379, fireisredsir wrote:implo reads not at all like how he did in my previous game with him, where i incorrectly scumread him. maybe its the new avatar or the fact that the other game had a lot of mech stuff to talk about, but if i didn't see the name i would think this was a completely different person

I absolutely would have scumread me that game if it had been a regular game, iirc I was thinking so at the time. Like, my posting patterns and everything. I honestly was playing like,
drastically
closer to my scum meta than my town meta, because I was a muse. It felt like I needed to sort of "pick my battles" and make a conscious decision about which opinions I'd say and when so as to not give anything away.
ok thats a good point, the whole muse thing could account for a lot of that difference, and i think that is exactly the sort of difference i was thinking of
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 372, Aristeia wrote:I never understand how people read S_S because he feels like he does nothing as both alignments fairly consistently to me
I'm always happy to look into things addressed to me, if you feel like hearing my thoughts on any particular thing would help sort me. Just bear in mind that the vaguer the question the vaguer the answer.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 384, Aristeia wrote:I think town!baltar is more nonsensical and just makes up random shit.
i mean... that's exactly how those posts read to me
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Aristeia »

like if you think about what he's saying in 266.

He's saying you'd be uncomfortable as scum answering because "rolefishing" except like town is kind of uncomfortable answering a mason question too, and masons are even more uncomfortable answering a mason question so it's weird to me that he jumps to the conclusion you're doing it because you're mafia.

and he's kind of rolefishing while saying it's bad to rolefish ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Something_Smart »

On the contrary, I think he's appearing to rolefish while saying scum don't want to appear to rolefish.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 388, Datisi wrote:
In post 384, Aristeia wrote:I think town!baltar is more nonsensical and just makes up random shit.

Ok but they
could
make sense to him.

Like scum!baltar makes up shit that he thinks a town person would believe is rational. [a]

but town!baltar just writes down whatever he's
actually
thinking.

and I find [a] to usually be more reasonable than
and his posting feels closer to [a] than
for me.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Aristeia »

like [a] and
both feel very unreasonable to me,

but [a] feels closer to reasonable than
does.

and I think his posting is closer to reasonable than completely unreasonable.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 391, Aristeia wrote:
In post 388, Datisi wrote:
Ok but they
could
make sense to him.

Like scum!baltar makes up shit that he thinks a town person would believe is rational. [a]

but town!baltar just writes down whatever he's
actually
thinking.

and I find [a] to usually be more reasonable than
and his posting feels closer to [a] than
for me.
oh, i see

idk, i think those posts don't fit into either category because i find it difficult to see scum!baltar thinking they make sense to someone else OR town!baltar actually thinking them

maybe i have too much meta poisoning my mind and it's different for The Average Mafia Player, but also those posts were kind of aimed at me so /shrug
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:55 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 350, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 341, Datisi wrote:the thought process behind it feels forced into you having to attack me
I don't understand why you think I would be forced into attacking you as scum. I don't see what I gain.
like this type of self defense is "why would I do that if I'm mafia"

which is kind of ???? to me.

it should be self evident to him that he wants to be townread when he's mafia.

so doing things that don't make sense for him to do as mafia will get him townread sometimes.

thus why not do such things?

It's a similar vein to "mafia don't want to rolefish for masons cuz its susp, but I'm going to rolefish for masons because I'm fearless and not mafia"

like um lol no?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Datisi »

i mean, that one post is even worse when you take into account that like 3(?) days ago, he was like "i'm gonna fucken yeet you when the game starts" in a chat

but also like, i'm tempted to move past this because i feel like the conversation is not going to give anything else useful to me, and it's also not going to help me convince anyone else of a read on baltar

though feel free to keep at it if you're getting any value out of it, obviously
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 395, Datisi wrote:he was like "i'm gonna fucken yeet you when the game starts" in a chat
we should kill him for this alone
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Datisi »

it's ok, i told him the same thing
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Aristeia »