Open 413 - Duck, Duck, Shoot! (Game over!)

Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 21, Phillammon wrote:despite having apparently
read
your PM, and despite both PMs being posted above?

Whoa whoa whoa. We're already assuming too much here.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Jal »

I fail to see how someone misunderstanding their role is scummy in any sense, especially when the role PM is made clear to everyone. It's not a town slip either.

AcRv
:

What makes Phill town?

In post 30, AcRv wrote:If he were scum and you were town, he wouldn't have bothered, because it'd be an easy wagon. So he's probably town.
However, as scum he might want to defend you if you were buddies. So he is only scum if you are.

Getting this straight:

So if I were scum, I wouldn't have bothered to defend him if he were town because it would be an easy wagon.
However, if I were scum I might defend him if we were buddies.

This is all on top of assuming that I was even defending him. This sounds like some horrible roundabout logic to make me look scummy and tie Gunny and I together.

In post 23, AcRv wrote:Because the "confirm by PM" is at the bottom of the PM.

No it isn't.

VOTE: AcRv
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Post by Jal »

Phill
:

In post 49, Phillammon wrote:I was not jumping on gunny for his PGO claim, I was jumping on his timing.

Actually, you "jumped" aka
voted
for him before he claimed.

Why did you vote for him again? I am unclear what "blindingly obvious reasons" entail.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Post by Jal »

AcRv
:

In post 56, AcRv wrote:You want me to explain my town reads? So scum know what they can do to make me think they're town? I'm good.

So you're making claims that someone is townie, but backing up this claim would be giving away secrets to the scum? Why should we believe you if you're not going to back-up your claim?

In post 56, AcRv wrote:... Right there you say that we are assuming too much in the case against shotgun. That's defending shotgun.

Just because I'm pointing out a flaw in the argument, doesn't constitute a defense of the person being attacked.

Since you didn't say anything to this part of my post:

In post 53, Jal wrote:
In post 53, Jal wrote:
If he were scum and you were town, he wouldn't have bothered, because it'd be an easy wagon. So he's probably town.
However, as scum he might want to defend you if you were buddies. So he is only scum if you are.

Getting this straight:

So if I were scum, I wouldn't have bothered to defend him if he were town because it would be an easy wagon.
However, if I were scum I might defend him if we were buddies.

I guess you agree with me in that you're using horrible roundabout logic to make me seem scummy and tying Gunny and I unnecessarily together.

Lastsurvivor already addressed the PM dealio.

drmyshotgun
:

In post 60, drmyshotgun wrote:Yeah, I'm feeling uncomfortable with Jal's defending of me. Looks like he's trying to buy Town points from me and others who see me as Town.

If you're feeling "uncomfortable" with my assumed defending of you, please feel free to move your currently useless vote for Shattered Viewpoint onto myself.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:07 am

Post by Jal »

AcRv
:

In post 64, AcRv wrote:Look at it this way - why would a town member lie about a townread? And scum would only lie about a townread on their buddy, and as soon as they flip scum then hey, we know to ignore everything they said about reads. So really, you don't lose anything from me not explaining why I think someone is town. All you need to know is that I have no plans on voting him/her in the forseeable future.

So basically, you had no justifiable townread on Phill whatsoever. Mmmkay.

In post 64, AcRv wrote:Which I did adress, and was the main point. You were denying you defended him, which at the time it looked like you were, (until LastSurvivor told us what happened with that... so now you're saying I'm scum for not knowing something that I couldn't have possibly known yet).

What? Nothing in what you quoted concerning your horrible logic had anything to do with the pms. :? I never stated you were scum specifically for the pms either. How do you even constitute that as defending Gunny anyway? The reasonings you come up with don't make sense. Nothing in the rest of your post makes sense.

Stop trying to find horrible ways to rationalize your OMGUS vote.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:11 am

Post by Jal »

The mini Andrew bandwagon doesn't make sense. I don't particularly care for the people on that wagon either.

Mcqueen
: What exactly is your reasoning for voting drmyshotgun?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #6) » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by Jal »

In post 139, Quinter wrote:Vote: Jal
I don't like his tone at all. It's way too snarky. His push on AcRv and attack for an OMGUS vote is bad.

Are you mostly voting me for not liking my tone or do you actually think I'm scum?

Mcqueen
: No one was going to get policy lynched.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 am

Post by Jal »

In post 165, AcRv wrote:The reason that I'm voting you is because you defended a player and then denied you did. Town have no reason to deny defending someone. Scum can do that for distancing, which can be WIFOMed into buddying. You're only point on me thus far has been "you're making it look like me and gunny are connected". But the thing is that you are. At least you've got a connection to him... he seems mostly oblivious to it, so I dunno if you actually are buddies or if you were buddying him.

How does this make sense?

Here is your original vote on me in post 56. I hadn't yet ~denied defending~ anyone. You created the entire notion of me defending/denying defending. You work under false assumptions and make faulty conclusions in an attempt to make something out of nothing being there.

Also, I haven't yet stated a case against you. Why do you keep saying so? I voted you because you are scummy.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:15 am

Post by Jal »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Phillammon

Don't care for your reasoning to vote McQueen. Your votes and reasonings between Andew, Quinter, and McQueen seem a bit "off" and manufactured.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by Jal »

UNVOTE: Phill

For the time being, I'm willing to drink the town Phill kool-aid due to his latest posts following my vote.

Kondi reads town as well. Derp town, but town nonetheless. Reviewing this page, although I don't agree with what Kondi originally voted McQueen for, this post of his does seem suspicious:

In post 181, mcqueen wrote:Because "busy in a QT" doesn't mean they have daytalk. It means he could be masturbating while reading whatever was posted pregame (as it's unusual for scum not to be able to talk pregame).

It seems he's going a long way to find a defense. It's very obscure and unbelievable. This is on top of the fact that there was a perfectly reasonable explanation available to him which he admits to later - that he did read the first few pages and knew scum have day talk.

There is some weirdness going on between Phill and McQueen, and for now I'm satisfied that the problem isn't on Phill's end.

VOTE: McQueen
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 am

Post by Jal »

Don't have a lot of time before class. Short reply for now.

drshotmygun
:
In post 200, drmyshotgun wrote:Strange how Quinter mentions your vote is fishy and you change your vote to the most popular wagon just now?

I'll start caring about what Quinter thinks the day he starts posting useful content.

mcqueen
: Feisty! I like it. I'll say more to you later.

I skimmed briefly through AcRv's walls. Only this caught my eye:

In post 238, AcRv wrote:Exactly. Saying I'm scum for not explaining my townread is WIFOM, because it can just as easily be town as it could be scum

No one has said you're scum because of that.

AcRv
: Challenge: Start doing some scum hunting.

More content later today.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:25 am

Post by Jal »

In post 269, Phillammon wrote:Om: VOTE: Om of the Nom
Because of hideously skewed ideas about protown play, and failing to properly read the thread when leveling accusations. A majority of what you accused me of I already responded to, and you glossed over. Besides which, intent is irrelevant if you claim scum. You just don't do that, as either faction, or it's playing against your wincon, honestly.

Nowhere in this do I see good reasoning to vote Om for being scum. Explain this vote, Filet-o-Fish.

mcqueen
: What are your thoughts on Phill?
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:24 am

Post by Jal »

McQueen was so scummy. What the hell sort of drugs were you people on in this game? If McQueen went down, I wouldn't have gotten Phill though.

Good game all around.
Jal
Jal
Mafia Scum
Jal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Post by Jal »

I probably would have roped SV myself, along with AcRV.

Return to “Completed Open Games”