volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:18 am

Post by volxen »

In post 644, Fuscosco wrote:volx, tf bro? come play
I am, I will be posting more later. Reading through the game at the moment and up through page 17.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am

Post by volxen »

In post 440, Slaxx wrote:It’s possible and probably probable (lol?) that there’s 3.

But 13->12 means one less mislynch on average, so 2 could be a thing if town isnt stacked.

The whole reason I liked Ausuka’s two scum analysis is because it seemed like it was a lack of information on how many scum there are.

But 12 makes 2 more possible so it could be tmi.

I’m moving Ausuka down to lean town I think, the rest of their play has still been Townie. That’s just giving me reservations.
But if this game really is 10vs2, I don't think that scum!Ausuka would have any motivation in correctly pointing out the fact that there are only two scum. If anything, it would be better for scum!her if everyone incorrectly believes that there are three scum rather than two. This would, for example, make it easier for her to justify having more scumreads which in-turn makes it easier for her to push mislynches. It's just all-around better for scum to keep town in the dark about this.

So it only makes sense for scum!Ausuka to do this if there are in fact three scum and she's trying to downplay the number of scum. I don't play a lot of closed-setup games, but I think that 10vs2 is more likely than 9vs3 due to the issue of there being one less mislynch compared to 10vs3 and also the fact that 11/12 confirmations were required to start this game, implying that at least one scum had to confirm (both of which were points brought up earlier in the game).

I know since making this post you have called Ausuka "so town" and you are overall townreading her over her play separate from this setup discussion issue, I'm just not seeing why you moved her from a townread down to a townlean at the time of this post.

But this setup discussion aside, I have Ausuka as a strong townread based on her overall play and her recent reversal on her stance towards Baezu. In particular:
In post 674, Ausuka wrote:Subject: Gameshow Mafia: Mafia PT
Baezu wrote:If I were town I’d say I’d be the scummiest if all of us, but I’m scum and people seem to think I’m town when I play scum...let’s see how this plays out but I do kind of like momo’s gambit
Ok so I might be being stupid but like I think this makes Baezu waay more likely to be town? Because this was on April 2, and I don't think she has much reason to say this specifically as scum and kind of misinform her team-mates?

UNVOTE:
I don't think that scum!Ausuka would make that kind of post and link to the Gameshow Mafia PT and help the derail the Baezu wagon if Baezu is town. Ausuka seems to be mostly a consensus townread, so if she is scum she could easily continue to tunnel town!Baezu and get her lynched and she would just come across as a townie "pushing her reads". So if Baezu is town, I think that implies that Ausuka is town as well. The only reason for scum!Ausuka to reverse her stance on Baezu is if they are scum together, which I think is unlikely. Ausuka's towny play aside, the GameShow Mafia PT was not released at the start of this game or when the Baezu wagon started, so it's not like scum!Ausuka could have pre-planned to link to that post to help dismantle the wagon against Baezu if they are scum together.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:06 am

Post by volxen »

In post 711, Flavor Leaf wrote:Don’t assume it’s 10v2. This site’s been having some weird stuff lately.

I just won a 9v4 scum game, 9v3 is still viable. Maybe 9 v 2.5.

I had a theory that Cby was just scum, but Volxen post was really townie to me.

Pointing out Ausuka doesn’t likely link that as scum is townie. I don’t see a reason to comment on that either way if Volxen was scum.

Like I said, I’m starting this whole chain of actions way of finding scum, but that single chain strikes blue.
Yes, this is a fair point. The vast majority of my games on this site have been open setups or semi-open setups, so I'm not the best at gauging whether 10vs2 or 9vs3 is more likely. I was just going by some of the earlier posts in this game which were suggesting that 10vs2 may be more likely than 9vs3.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:10 am

Post by volxen »

@Vedith, Have you reconsidered your read on Ausuka at all in light of my ? I think that's a strong case for town!Ausuka. Others have pointed out towny things she has done in this game as well.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 794, Slaxx wrote:
In post 789, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Slaxx - I consider myself a reaction test player. My town games speak for themselves. My crazier town games are generally my better town games.

I think we’re both town atm, so let’s find scum.
I’ll bite. What are your thoughts on the volx slot?

I don’t like how the wall basically amounted to Ausuka was town, something most of us have already decided. It was underwhelming.
Yes, Ausuka was already a consensus townread. Nevertheless, why take issue with me explaining my own reasons for townreading Ausuka?

Aside from Ausuka I also find RCEnigma and Fuscosco towny so far. The quote Ausuka posted from the GameShow Mafia PT suggests Baezu is likely town as well. I'm not sure what to make of Flavor Leaf vs Slaxx yet, but so far, I find FL more towny than you, especially taking into account some of Siv's content.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Post by volxen »

@Slaxx These were the posts from SIV I was referring to:
In post 100, SIV36 wrote:
In post 91, Baezu wrote:I’m happy considering SS, ausuka and especially umlaut towny for now

In other news, methinks hitalt is seeming pretty scummy
I agree. I've noted a number of red flags coming from hitalt more than other players.

My previous vote was RVS, and lately, RCEnigma level of detail and transparency is making me town-read him (). Ausuka's commitment to scum-searching seems genuine to me.

I have a slight suspicion on S_S however. Contrary to Umlaut's thinking that S_S and hitalt couldn't be together, I think it's plausible that they are. Mafia could also be putting in extra effort to make it seem that they are not on the same team, and would probably work on that right from the beginning of the game. But, I'm also a newbie compared to you guys, you know each other a lot better than I.

@HitAlt: Do you have any suspicions on anybody?
Mentioning "red flags" but not saying what they are is concerning, and some of the language in his post like "Mafia could also be putting in extra effort to make it seem that they are not on the same team" seems a bit off.
In post 193, SIV36 wrote:
In post 102, Ausuka wrote:
In post 100, SIV36 wrote:I've noted a number of red flags coming from hitalt more than other players.
What are these red flags?
Below is what I had noted at the time. For some reason, I thought I had more.
In post 39, HitAlt wrote:@Fuscosco - are you an alt, or new on site?
Might help me understand you better
I would have probably looked over this easily, but then HitAlt tacks on at the end "It might help me understand you better", which struck a LAMIST chord with me. A normal town seeking to understand someone's previous identity wouldn't try steering the town's perception that it's a scum-hunting intent.
In post 49, HitAlt wrote:Btw, I have seen Something_Smart both as scum and as town before, and I have to admit that I can not read their tone correctly. Ever.
I haven't played this game very often, but from what I've observed so far, town-players tend to fall prey to a dunning-kruger effect. I'm suspecting that if a town player has a lot of information on someone, their confidence in their read would be really high. Having a low confidence read like above really doesn't make sense to me.
(maybe i'm reading too far into this one.)

In post 42, HitAlt wrote:
In post 37, Alchemist21 wrote:I’m confused here. He self-voted in response to someone making what was really an NAI play?
If I understood him correctly, he means that S_S selfvoted as scum in a
This is a personal quirky read, so I apologize if this read seems really weak.

Alchemist was drilling RCE that question. HitAlt wooshes in offering a helpful answer of his own. In my experience, I keep confirming scum wooshing in to other people's Q+A's.

It's hard for me to empathize with this because as town, I see the importance of people sticking up for themselves above anything. Because answers to these questions provide a lot of information. When mafia wooshes in, it seems like they want more spotlight on them so they can clear their name. Maybe there's a slight buddying bent in there also.
Some of the language here like "which struck a LAMIST chord with me" seems off, like he's trying too hard to call HitAlt "LAMIST". And I don't think HitAlt saying "Might help me to understand you better" is really LAMIST at all. And the part about townies only having "high confidence reads" doesn't make sense. I think he also made a big deal of HitAlt "wooshing in" to answer a very basic question that Alchemist asked to RCE about Something_Smart. Yes RCE could have answered the question himself, but it was such a simple question, so I don't see why he thought it was scummy that HitAlt answered it.

You were also the fifth voter to join Baezu's wagon and put her up to L-2, and I don't think it's likely that her wagon was all-town if she is town:
In post 450, Dannflor wrote:
VC 1.06

votes
[5] Baezu
:
Alchemist21 107 Vorkuta 112, HitAlt 122, Ausuka 168, Slaxx 424
[1] Vorkuta
:
cbynumber 14
[1] Ausuka
:
Baezu 222
[1] Slaxx
:
RCEnigma 96
[1] Something_Smart
:
Something_Smart 7

[3] Not Voting
:
Flavor Leaf 250, Umlaut 272, Fuscosco 377

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

The Day 1 deadline is in
: (expired on 2019-04-09 19:50:20)

Mod Notes
: cbynumber has been prodded.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 903, Baezu wrote:I can get behind a volxen wagon- that slot didn’t even do anything when it was cbynumber

VOTE: volxen
Do you have any interest in engaging with me or are you just writing me off as scum?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by volxen »

@Slaxx, You have Ausuka as a strong townread. Aside from you and Ausuka, {Alchemist, Vork, and HitAlt} were also on Baezu's wagon. Assuming there was scum on Baezu's L-2 wagon, which of those three do you think would be the most likely scum?

I'm not completely convinced that you are scum. Your predecessor had some questionable things in his ISO, and I'm trying to determine if it comes from a scummy mindset or if he just has a... awkward way of conveying his thoughts. That's why I'm engaging with you right now to try and help me determine your alignment.

Also, what do you think of FL's sudden 180 on me? He went from this:
In post 711, Flavor Leaf wrote:Don’t assume it’s 10v2. This site’s been having some weird stuff lately.

I just won a 9v4 scum game, 9v3 is still viable. Maybe 9 v 2.5.

I had a theory that Cby was just scum, but Volxen post was really townie to me.

Pointing out Ausuka doesn’t likely link that as scum is townie. I don’t see a reason to comment on that either way if Volxen was scum.

Like I said, I’m starting this whole chain of actions way of finding scum, but that single chain strikes blue.
To this:
In post 890, Flavor Leaf wrote:VOTE: Volxen

He made the big one post, and I think it was a scum play now.

Scum like to break apart the Vorkuta-Flavor combo.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (isolation #8) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:50 am

Post by volxen »

In post 930, Slaxx wrote:(Aus, Vedith, Alch, RCE)
(Vork, FL)
(Fus, HitAlt, Baezu)
(S_S)
(Volxen)

VOTE: Volxen

I don’t like that all Volxen has done so far is pry a bit at me and call Ausuka town. I slept on it and I don’t like the wagon directing either. I also don’t like how’s he is subtly reframing things people are saying. Like, when I said I was concerned that his only content was Ausuka related he switched that to me discouraging him from sharing reads. There’s a piece of me that thinks maybe I could have been more explicit about it but I feel like what I said was fairly self-explanatory.

S_S is probably a pretty malleable read, I go back and forth.

Both these players I feel like I have to pull teeth to get content from and I’d be surprised if they were both town. I know people are less confident on Alch than I am but trust me there.
I claim VT.

I think Slaxx is very likely scum here. Not only has he hydra'd with me before in Lynchpin (link: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=78192), but he has seen town!me as well in Kids with Guns (link: viewtopic.php?f=84&t=78188) and Lovers and Losers (link: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=78159), and he knows I'm a heavy analytical/mechanical player. It shouldn't surprise him that I would do VCA like that, even on a day one wagon before any flips have taken place, and yet he thinks I was being scummy/opportunistic with the VCA. I do this kind of VCA a lot as town, because I think it's probable that either Baezu is scum or at least one of the five people on her wagon is scum. Slaxx apparently thinks that's not a reasonable conclusion for town!me to come to based on Baezu's wagon.

I have a hard time buying that he is as convinced about me being scum as he claims to be based on our history together. And if he has looked at some of my other town games besides the two that we have played together, he would also know that I usually don't become strong town or obvtown until day two or later. I frequently get wrongfully accused of being scum on day one. If he is scum, it makes sense that he would want to push me as a day one deadline lynch, when it would still be "easy" to get me mislynched. The one thing that is giving me pause is that I observed his town game in Forest Fire (link: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=78729), and he was wrong in a lot of his reads in that game. But his push on me just doesn't seem genuine; it doesn't come across like wrong!town.

He starts out by calling me underwhelming. I then point out some of his predecessors posts which pinged me. He says I am "dancing around" a scumread on him, and then when I actually try to engage him he doubles down on scumreading me and votes me for me. He has made next to no effort at engaging with me, but he is fully content with me being lynched today. It feels like he was going to "arrive" at a scumread on me regardless of how I reacted towards his slot. I don't get the sense that he is someone who is really trying to determine my alignment, because I think he already knows my alignment.

Ausuka has played with me before, and I'm a bit surprised at her quick jump on to my wagon considering she saw me get mislynched as town in Purgatory (link: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=77737) because I "didn't have a lot of posts". However, she doesn't have the kind of firsthand experience with me that Slaxx has, and I still think her ISO is overall towny and she is likely just wrong!town.

VOTE: Slaxx
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1017, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1016, Vorkuta wrote:This is quality.
Yeah, but is it quality town posting, or quality scum projecting a solid case onto a townie for reasons to “mislynch” them rather than scum read them.

Or is it scum who’s going down, who sees scumminess in their partner, so they case to distance?

He claimed VT, so I say we lynch there so we don’t have anymore claims this day phase. Worst case scenario, we lose a VT here, best case, he’s a scum PR.
If I am lynched I want Slaxx vig-shot if we have a vig.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by volxen »

Actually, if we have both a vig and an investigative, I think Slaxx should be vig-shot and Baezu should be investigated.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1023, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1022, volxen wrote:If I am lynched I want Slaxx vig-shot if we have a vig.
Vetoing this.

These ultimatums are bad and anti-town.
Both of you could be wrong!town on this.
There could also be a better and otherwise unlynchable target *coughs*
Morality
*coughs* that a vig could shoot instead.
also former vig here: did not like being put in this situation at all
How is it anti!town if I strongly believe that Slaxx is scum rather than wrong!town? The vig (if there is one) may ultimately disagree with me, but there is nothing wrong with me at least saying who I would like vig-shot.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1033, Baezu wrote:Volxen, why are you claiming at L-2? Also, I really agree with Slaxx’s recent reads list- I think SS and Volxen are the scummiest people here
Why not claim at L-2? I probably will get up to L-1 at some point. I don't think I can realistically stop my lynch anyways -- I just claimed VT, and if we wagon someone else, they may claim a town power role. So there is risk in starting another wagon against someone else. I also don't have the "standing" to push a Slaxx lynch through. But I am convinced that Slaxx is scum, so if I am going down today then the best thing I can do between now and the end of the day is to try to appeal to the vig (if there is one) to shoot Slaxx on night one so we can go into day two with a scum flip. That way on day two we are already down one scum and you all can start looking over Slaxx's associatives to look for his partner(s). Any town mislynch is not good (even a VT mislynch), but if scum!Slaxx gets vig-shot during night one that at least somewhat offsets the damage caused by my misylnch. So my goal for the remaining time that I have left in this game is to make the case for scum!Slaxx.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1042, Flavor Leaf wrote:Vorkuta, join the Volxen wagon. Best lynch for the day.
The deadline is almost 3 days away, and I'd at least like to not be hammered until closer to the deadline.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1045 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:16 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1038, RCEnigma wrote:Pre-final read: FL is doing a lot of small town in things and I want to scumread him for every one of them.
Maybe FL should be investigated rather than Baezu, then. It wouldn't exactly be shocking if Slaxx and FL are scum together.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1047, Flavor Leaf wrote:The scum team is clearly Mustang, Volxen, and RCEnigma. Something can take the spot of RCE potentially, though
Damn FL, you caught all of us quite quickly! And here I thought your scum game was stronger than your town game. Well done.

Looks like we are finished Alch and RCE. Oh well.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:28 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1044, Vorkuta wrote:Volx- ok yes, we hear you very loud and clear on your Slaxx agenda. I personally disagree (as a few others do I'm sure) but you've made your point.
Now can you help us with the remaining 10 players?
I'm not going to comment about whether the hypertunneling is town or not
as I didn't make up my mind yet
, but I don't like the wagon and we have 3 days to figure things out.

I'm still pushing Fus, and I don't get why you all are letting him slide with his top-notch and high-quality
shit
posting.
Also Roy Mustang (alch) is on the low side of the post/activity count, and I'm sensing a very diminished presence from him which kind of contrasts his 'not bad' townie start.
Flavor Leaf wrote:Vorkuta, join the Volxen wagon. Best lynch for the day.
Guh..... will an intent to hammer if nothing changes in 2 days suffice?

Also just saw that RC reviewed this setup. FL traitor that turns IC confirmed
My primary focus is on Slaxx, Vorkuta. He is my top scumread. You might disagree with my agenda, but what else would you have me do when I have less than 3 days left in this game because my lynch is unavoidable? Even if another player did end up getting wagoned, if they are scum they are going to fakeclaim a town power role, and if they don't get CC'd I would just get rewagoned anyways. That's how this game works.

The reality of the matter is that a scum lynch is simply not happening today. I'm trying to help make sure that scum (Slaxx) gets shot during the night to offset my mislynch. Why do you take so much of an issue with this?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:30 pm

Post by volxen »

Like Really Vorkuta, I want to know what you would do if you were in my exact situation, because I think what I am doing (casing/focusing on Slaxx) makes perfect sense from my point of view.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (isolation #18) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1053, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 1048, volxen wrote:
In post 1047, Flavor Leaf wrote:The scum team is clearly Mustang, Volxen, and RCEnigma. Something can take the spot of RCE potentially, though
Damn FL, you caught all of us quite quickly! And here I thought your scum game was stronger than your town game. Well done.

Looks like we are finished Alch and RCE. Oh well.
Oh shit. Was my hatcheting FL earlier in the game all for naught? Oh well.
That's why I was telling you to tone down the hatcheting in the scum PT.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (isolation #19) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1057, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1052, volxen wrote:Like Really Vorkuta, I want to know what you would do if you were in my exact situation
Sorry for the spicy shitpost reply

I wouldn't be in your situation, because I wouldn't allow myself to get scum read for lurking/inactivity come 3 days until the deadline.
In post 1051, volxen wrote:Why do you take so much of an issue with this?
There comes a point after which you get diminishing returns with your hypertunneling. You've passed that point.

Give me a quality post, that DOESN'T have the word "Slaxx" in it.
Leave us a legacy IN ADDITION TO 'slaxx is scum- peace out'
Fine, let's talk about Fuscosco then since you keep bringing him up. Why do you want to start a wagon against him? I know that you've mentioned that you think he has made a lot of "filler" posts, but I think that may just be his playstyle. I haven't seen anything in his ISO that inherently screams of a scum agenda.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1068 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1029, Slaxx wrote:I’m sorry, I realize I did say I didn’t like the way you did the VCA. But it had nothing to do with the fact you did it and everything to do with you arbitrarily assigning at least one scum to those five reads.
That's was my whole point though. You basically said... "I'ts OK you did the VCA, but it's shady that you came to the conclusion that there was likely scum on Baezu's wagon". Why is me saying that it's
probable
(not 100% guaranteed) that there was scum on Baezu's wagon scummy/suspect? Yes it's possible that both Baezu is town and her entire wagon was town. I just don't think that scenario is all that likely, and the purpose of me doing the VCA was to drive home that point. You can disagree with my analysis, but I don't understand why you think the conclusion I came to is scummy.

Here is an example of a town game where I did similar VCA analysis on day one before any flips happened:

Newbie 1893 (link: viewtopic.php?f=50&t=77453)
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1065, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1061, Slaxx wrote:That’s a really weird one to read after the shit show that had been the last 48 hours but I won’t be picky I guess.
+1 and as always,
In post 738, Vorkuta wrote:And Slaxx is a fun one: He says stuff I agree with period. Like when I read his ISO/posts in context I find myself nodding along
@Volx- Nothing in my # has changed or has even been addressed.
If anything, his playstyle is anti-town and doesn't have any counterplay as he is selectively ignoring [post=or just flat out not reading]or just flat out not reading[/post] whatever he doesn't like, and jokeposts as a response. This needs to be dealt and addressed with.

Good stuff. Let's talk about a few more people as well yeah?
Who else would you like to talk about?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (isolation #22) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1069, Flavor Leaf wrote:I feel like I die tonight, so protective...like Vedith said...on me please.
I seriously doubt you will be targeted tonight, you aren't exactly obvtown. You should be investigated.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (isolation #23) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1030, Slaxx wrote:And I don’t think you’re playing the way you did in kids with guns.

I feel like you’re displaying a reluctant playstyle, and how am I not supposed to attribute that to letting us take over the hydra in lynchpin?

Like I see this guy who’s active in Lovers and Kids With Guns, who when I hydra with him basically takes a back seat as scum, and then all my interactions with him are like pulling teeth for reads? I mean how’s it an irrational leap to think you’re scum here? It absolutely isn’t.
Also Slaxx... I repeatedly stated in the Lynchpin Discord hydra channel that the reason I wasn't posting much is because I didn't want to create hydra dissonance between us. In the beginning of the game, Auro and I had come up with the strategy of trying to get Creature mislynched by pushing the narrative that "Creature is likely either the lynchpin or scum". That was the strategy Auro and I had come up with, but then you wanted to go in a completely different direction and start pushing Allomancer. Soon you basically took control over our slot, and because you and I have very different playstyles, I was concerned that if I posted a lot in the game thread there would be a ton of hydra dissonance because of the different strategies we had in mind. I mentioned this like several times in the Lynchpin Discord hydra channel. That's why I stuck to mostly giving advice/suggestions in the Discord hydra channel and left the posting in the game thread mainly up to you and Auro, because the two of you were pretty in sync with each other in terms of strategy/approach.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (isolation #24) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1074, Slaxx wrote:Wait where is the VCA in that game
I don't think that I ever quoted the vote counts from the mod's post, but I talked a lot about the wagons that had formed on day one. On the beginning of day one Auro's slot got up to L-1, and then I got up to L-1, and I talked a lot about both of our wagons. Here is one example of such a post from that game: viewtopic.php?p=10492989#p10492989
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (isolation #25) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1081, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1070, volxen wrote:Who else would you like to talk about?
Fus's self vote

You're being like Vedith in that you're asking me to spoonfeed you. I don't like it.

Pick a player that you can talk about that isn't Slaxx, and give us something.
Go down the playerlist in literally whatever order you chose

Also (ninja'd) I'm just skimming this 'VCA'/'Socratic'/'Hydra' ""meta"" argument/discussion from both of you as it doesn't advance THIS PARTICULAR GAME RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW.
I'm not going to meta read you (as I already have based on our one game).
My issue with you this game is that your Hail Mary and defeatist defense by hypertunneling Slaxx is not playing to a town wincondition.
Boom: Mechanics
So what are your thoughts on Umlaut/Vedith? And what are your thoughts on FL?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1087 (isolation #26) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 6:53 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1082, Flavor Leaf wrote:Like, Volxen is definitely scum, but I would relate it to almost a, “Man, I know he bad, but he look so guuuud” kinda way

Well if you are town, you are going to be disappointed when I flip. The only experience you have with town!me was in Starcraft II (although I think Profii posted 95% of your slot's content) and Jester Nightless, so you aren't someone that I expect to be able to read me correctly. Out of curiosity though, why would you think it's within my scumrange to play scum similarly to how you play scum? Because I don't have any completed scum games where I played similar to you or your Morality alt.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1088 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1086, Vorkuta wrote:
In post 1084, volxen wrote:So what are your thoughts on Umlaut/Vedith? And what are your thoughts on FL?
Wait no, I'm the one that's asking the questions here for when/if you flip.

Vedith acts like a lazy troll but has promised me that he's taking this game
semi
-seriously, so I'm having difficulty separating his play vs his personality. He does seem to be the only person
aside from Fus himself
willing to entertain my Fus wagon, and town read by my town reads who I assume have a 'better' understanding of his meta, so null-town.

FL- at first I was like #, but then I was like # and #, and now we're at #.
Also Day 3 IC.... like.... my thoughts on this probably don't even matter.
I'm asking about FL because I don't really know how to read him with a high degree of accuracy. You literally never know what he is going to do next.

I do townread him at the moment though (but I still think he should be investigated night one). I think he is wrong!town that just doesn't know how to read me correctly.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1060, Fuscosco wrote:
In post 1054, volxen wrote:That's why I was telling you to tone down the hatcheting in the scum PT.
gut read this post as scum, tbh. not voting until i read tomorrow, tho
But what is your read on me excluding this joke post?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (isolation #29) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by volxen »

@Vork I think you are likely town here. Your play here is very similar to the game we played together where you were town, and I'm not sure it's within your scumrange to be faking all of this. Why do you think Slaxx is likely town?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1100 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by volxen »

I don't really see the benefit in trying to quickhammer me as that just limits what I can say about Slaxx. But I do believe that he is scum, I don't believe that he would be so quick jump onto my wagon in response to that VCA post I made. His predecessor SIV was scummy, and based on our history together I simply don't believe him thinking I am the best lynch for today is genuine.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:14 pm

Post by volxen »

In case I do get quickhammered, these are my suggestions to our town power role(s) for their night actions:

1) Vigilante: Shoot
Slaxx
. I STRONGLY believe that he is scum.

2) Investigative/Cop: Investigate either Flavor Leaf or Baezu. There is a good chance that one of them is scum.

3) Doctor: Protect Ausuka or RCEnigma. They are both likely targets.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (isolation #32) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:19 pm

Post by volxen »

@FL: I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming movie role.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (isolation #33) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:40 pm

Post by volxen »

Also @Vork I think Fus is likely town and this is just his playstyle.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:46 am

Post by volxen »

HitAlt should be investigated at some point as well. I find him somewhat suspect. Not sure about Vedith or Something_Smart.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (isolation #35) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:55 am

Post by volxen »

In post 1135, Something_Smart wrote:I'm alive o/

Did anyone want anything from me?

I'm really sorry I'm so disengaged this game btw. I really do think it will get better once we get out of D1 and we actually have some flips.
What are your thoughts on my slot?
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (isolation #36) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1173, Vorkuta wrote:Yes, we can catch scum!FL because he slipped up and gambitted a roll that's not allowed. Naive.

Observation about Ausuka- in addition to my suspicions and issues with some of her arguments which I outlined in #, I noticed that she's the one REALLY focused on the mechanical aspects of the game (FL's role/setupspec/meta-vs-nonmeta-reads). This pings scum to me, so I'd like some Meta feeback for this.

So far the case I have for a scum!Ausuka:
-Early questions/reads/mechanical analysis to get universal town points, AND to make town waste posts/discussion on topics that are... for lack of a better term "unproductive" by throwing a wrench in the works.
-Mid D-1 lowest-hanging fruit (Baezu) wagon and quite the tunnel on her.
-Late D-1 "reluctant" switch to Volxen
-Almost-end-of-D1 "disruption" and organizing chaos while trying to prevent/delay the hammer.
and otherwise maintaining a quite a low presence in between.
This could stand regardless of how Baezu and Volx actually were to flip.

My biggest issue with making her my scum!suspect #1 is that there was probably a better way to get off the volxen wagon than the way she did.
Why would you think that Ausuka is likely to be scum regardless of my flip? If I get lynched today and flip town, I think that pretty much confirms beyond any reasonable doubt that Ausuka is town, regardless of whether she rejoins my wagon or not. If I am town and Ausuka is scum, what is her motivation in leaving my wagon at this point? If she is scum and wants to avoid my wagon for VCA purposes, I don't think she would join it to begin with. I don't really see a scum motivation in joining my wagon, allowing me to get up to L-1, and then leaving my wagon and putting her vote back on Baezu. All it's done is open her up to criticism, when it would be easy for scum!her to just "go with the flow" and stay on my wagon.

Please... don't have her as your number #1 scum suspect, or as a scum suspect at all.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1187 (isolation #37) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 1186, Flavor Leaf wrote:What do you mean?

There’s plenty of reasons why ScumAusuka would stop a lynch on town you.

First being you claimed VT,
so if you were actually town, you’d immediately think Ausuka was trying to get some other claims and a different lynch than just a VT mislynch
I am town, which you will see soon enough. Why can't it simply be the case that Ausuka is town and genuinely believes that I am town, and that is why she left my wagon and placed her vote elsewhere?

I don't like this line of reasoning, because it could potentially be used to setup Ausuka and I as back-to-back mislynches assuming that she is town (which I strongly believe to be the case).
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:25 am

Post by volxen »

Ausuka is literally like the most obvtown player in this game at this point. If Ausuka is scum and her goal was to get multiple townies up to L-1 and force out multiple claims, then why did she derail the original Baezu wagon (which only got up to L-2/five votes)
BEFORE
getting a claim out of Baezu? If she is scum, she could have easily kept the pressure on Baezu until she claimed. If Baezu had claimed a town power role, her wagon would have dissolved on its own. If Baezu claimed VT and scum!Ausuka wanted to run another person up to L-1 to force out another claim, then she could have waited until
AFTER
Baezu claimed to quote that post from the GameShow Mafia game to help dismantle the Baezu wagon post-claim. If Ausuka is scum and her goal is to force multiple townies to claim, then she sabotaged her own efforts by dismantling Baezu’s wagon at the time that she did (assuming the scenario where Ausuka is scum and Baezu is town).

So the scenario of scum!Ausuka, town!Baezu, and town!Volxen simply makes no sense. Her trajectory of being on Baezu’s L-2 wagon, dismantling her wagon before she claims, joining my wagon, and then putting her vote back on Baezu after leaving my wagon doesn’t make sense if she is scum.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:00 am

Post by volxen »

In post 1277, Vedith wrote:Scum post
I don't know if you are just completely incapable of reading me or you are scum, but you are taking a pretty one-dimensional view of my slot. Then again, considering I am the most widely scumread person in this game, and people are even talking about scum!Ausuka... I would say most people are completely in the dark as to who is actually scum.

That's why I am trying to help direct the night actions for our town power role(s), because I don't think this game is ever going to be won strictly the "old fashioned way" (i.e., by actually reading people correctly). If Slaxx is scum like I strongly suspect that he is, then he's already done a very good job at deepwolfing and fooling everyone into thinking that he is town.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (isolation #40) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:45 am

Post by volxen »

In post 1101, volxen wrote:
In case I do get quickhammered, these are my suggestions to our town power role(s) for their night actions:

1) Vigilante: Shoot
Slaxx
. I STRONGLY believe that he is scum.

2) Investigative/Cop: Investigate either Flavor Leaf or Baezu. There is a good chance that one of them is scum.

3) Doctor: Protect Ausuka or RCEnigma. They are both likely targets.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1325 (isolation #41) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 am

Post by volxen »

Good luck town.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”