strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by strife220 »

Vote: Sekinj

Kitty in avatar to garner sympathy that only scum would need.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:55 am

Post by strife220 »

Well this random voting stage isn't going anywhere fast.

Obligatory
Unvote, Vote: Retrowiz
for putting a player L-2 on page 1! Sure fire lynch here; this tell is never wrong.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by strife220 »

Mirth wrote:If I wasnt happy with my vote on Farside I'd be voting you now, Strife.
Wait... you think my comment/vote was scummy, but you're happier with your random vote on Farside?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by strife220 »

sekinj wrote:Strife: Was you vote on retro random or serious? i thought it was serious since you said the random stuff wasn't going anywhere. But your later questioning of mirth's suspicions make me think you thougt you were being random.
It was neither random nor serious. Voting the person who doubles up votes in the random stage is almost a cliche, and no posting for 36 hours means the game needed a kick. Comments about how strong a scum-tell it is were sarcastic.
Mirth's response was interesting
Mirth: You definitely need to elaborate more on both your reason for Voting Farside and your reason for expressing suspicion in me.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by strife220 »

Mirth wrote:Strife you're making me a tad suspicious by calling the vote "obligatory." No one is obligating you to do anything. And the second part of it, where you make a joke, bothers me because your vote is clearly non-random, yet you're trying to play down your own reason (ditto with the obilgatory). I take no issue with voting for someone seriously for null tells, but I do take issue with not owning up to actions. This is what your post seems like to me.
I hear the random voting stage is for random voting.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by strife220 »

The reason for my random vote wasn't good enough?
Mirth wrote:
vote: Farside
. You're on to my evil plan therefore I can't let you live :P
Real good reason right there.

The sarcasm dripping from my vote post implies that my reason was no reason at all - hence, random voting.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by strife220 »

Oh my, I'm confused already.

Azreal... what pro-town reason can you possibly give here for that poo-excuse-of-a-post?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:32 pm

Post by strife220 »

Azrael001 wrote:Wow, I feel dumb. I managed to skip page two as well as page three. I don't know how I managed to do that. I have reread the thead, and I'm going to have to
unvote

As the person that I'm voting for seems to be the most protown person here.

I don't know what else I can say to atone for my mistake. It's not like I can prove whether or not I did in fact make a timing mistake rather than a scummy one.

I can't even use past play history here, as all of my games are on xkcd's fora. Sigh.
Now this makes me unsettled. I actually have qualms with bumbling a bit over reading the thread - that's certainly a null tell. But saying "Sekinj seems to be the most pro-town player" is not something I see a pro-town player doing. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by strife220 »

sekinj wrote:on a side note: I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a he... I have a cute little cuddly kitty as my avatar... Plus a little pink gender sign... not a big deal, but it's weird how it happens in every game I play...
Kitten looks evil and manly to me. Grrrr.

I feel like this day is just started, but there's only 11 days to deadline - already time to start forming opinions.

My re-read leads me to
Unvote, Vote: Retrowiz
. Not really anything to do with the weird vote, unvote thing at the beginning.
This post set me off:
retrowiz wrote:
unvote
now that my origiginal vote is corrected I can remove it...never played a 7person game before...random voting is scary now.

first voter is suspicious.
second voter is bandwagoning
third voter is the l-1
fourth voter is hammer dropper
retrowiz wrote:@ mirth. Yup. my first post in this game I voted for sek for posting first, when it was actually strife who posted first. and yeah...for a smaller game I will change my voting pattern. hell all my strats change cause we're now in like a day 3 or 4 equivalent as opposed to the actual random stage we're in...assuming we are still random.

I will reserve my vote for actual suspects in this game, personally I am out of random stage. my hunt has begin.
I have a hard time believing he's sincere. I'd mark this down as 'over-acting to come across a townie' tell.

retrowiz wrote: @ Mirth, don't confuse newbie with scum.
Newbie card off the bat isn't very appropriate either. I know 'over-defensive' is a terrible scum-tell, but I think it holds some water in this context (plus, D1 cases suck).
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by strife220 »

No comments on my Retro case at all? Not even from Retro? It was actually a serious case due to upcoming deadline, and I'm hoping people will check in their opinions.

IAUN's actions have been justifiable except for the early "sek is most pro-town" comment. Of the 100ish posts made in the game, this one certainly stands out.

Retro: Please tell me what you think of my case against you (i.e. defend yourself)
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by strife220 »

I'm not implying people should be rushing to lynch him. I'm implying that, since (you're right) we do have another week, we need to spend that week discussing the lynch more seriously. There's nothing worse than waiting until the day before deadline only to have someone claim a power-role.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #11) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by strife220 »

farside22 wrote: strife220 - post 11: Question why do you think putting someone at L-2 on page 1 was scum. (Sure fire lynch here; this tell is never wrong.) Have you seen scum do this before in another game? Post 27 answers the second question, but I never really saw sarcasm in post 11. Post 30 I hate to repeat people, but yeah I didn't see that as a random vote. Post 107 I disagree with you about retro's comment being "over-acting" I really don't get that. Also I don't like the newbie card, but it really is a null tell in my book as I have seen newbs do it often no matter their alignment.
I don't think putting someone at L-2 on p1 is scum. I was being sarcastic, because it's incredibly common for someone to put a random vote on someone who already has a vote, and it's just as common for them to get attacked for it. "This tell is never wrong" should have made that point clearly - I nor any reasonable player should ever speak seriously in absolutes like that.
I think the 'over-acting' is a pretty good point. Read Retro's posts I quoted and ask yourself "... does he REALLY think that way?" Only having 7 players in the game is not nearly 'scary' enough to warrant such extreme language.

LA for a few days.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by strife220 »

iamausername wrote:
strife220 wrote:Only having 7 players in the game is not nearly 'scary' enough to warrant such extreme language.
You joined the site when newbie games were still seven players, so you've played them before, so how can you say how 'scary' it is for those of us who haven't? I'm finding it a little hard to adjust to myself, so I don't see any reason to doubt retro's sincerity in that comment.
It shouldn't be 'scary' because regardless of how many players start off, having 7 alive is nothing compared to having 3, 4, or 5 players alive. It's the same as playing a 9 player game with a d1 mislynch. Town is still over double the scum population.

If I was used to playing with 7 players off the beginning, and we started the game with 9, I wouldn't say 'oh wow... 9 alive... this is a breeze - we can mislynch d1 and still be golden!'

iamausername wrote:
Mirth wrote:BTW, don't talk about your protown vibes please.
I don't think it's a bad thing to do in this size of game.
Disagree. I think endgame and before a potential lynch is the only appropriate time to talk about 'pro-town vibes.' At this stage of the game, knowing who people feel is pro-town just gives scum more knowledge on who to NK.

Just to speak general mafia philosophy for a second,

Az's talk of cops bewilders me. But I do agree with him that even power roles should be trying to appear as vanilla townies - i.e. 'softclaiming' vanilla when you're cop is okay in my books.

*and... caught up*
We're in desperate need of a votecount.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by strife220 »

ebwop:
MOD
please put the deadline into the game title.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by strife220 »

Greasy Spot wrote:
Day 1 Vote Count:

Azrael001 (2) (Mirth, retrowiz)
retrowiz (2) (strife220, sekinj)
Mirth (1) (iamausername)
iamausername (1) (Azrael001)

Not Voting: farside22

7 Alive = 4 votes needed to Lynch

Deadline: September 6, 10:00 AM EST

Deadline Clock
Deadline in about 30 hours; we need a lynch.
Farside: please vote one of the players currently being voted for. If you vote Az, I'll switch over for the hammer (as opposed to no-lynch). If you vote retro, I'm sure someone will step in for the necessary hammer. If you vote Mirth or IAUN, I hope you provide enough reasoning to motivate people to join you.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:53 am

Post by strife220 »

K. I'm hammering Az after others get a say in
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:45 am

Post by strife220 »

Nothing to be said by me that hasn't already been said. Deadline in 16 hours - if Az was gonna claim a powerrole he would have done so already.
Hammatime
Unvote, Vote: Azrael
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by strife220 »

Azrael001 wrote:Weee, I are dead. I am interested to see how this continues.
.. Scum or town?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:21 am

Post by strife220 »

Greasy Spot wrote:twilight = no new votes/unvotes are counted, the lynch is inevitable).
Keeping quiet in twilight isn't a universal rule - depends on the mod. Rules for this game indicate talking during twilight is okay, but votes have no purpose.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”