he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #64 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 1:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 60, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
In post 57, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 47, bob3141 wrote: Im not sure scum would try to move the game so quickly. My gut is owl action far more likley come from town than scum
my idea is that scum would probably be eager to get towncred early game, and night owl seemed more like a performance of what town should be doing rather than an organic reaction to the situation.
towny thought VOTE: Quiet Owl
I agree with this. I thought they were town for their first posts but after the last few I am left thinking that the impression they are giving could be purposeful.

VOTE: Quiet Owl
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #68 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

What do you mean by eagerness to control the game?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 70, KittyTacky wrote:
I need help for the auto-VC. http://www.robandkriskris.com/votecounter/faq

I did what it told me to do here (read the FAQ) including the formatting but it's still saying "Neither the player list nor the day URL were found." What am I doing wrong?
You do not have the "living players" stuff set up correctly. You need the area tag and for it to say living instead of alive. And then you need another area tag with a link to the first post of the current day.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #73 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

We use Elimination or Lim @Espeonage.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #75 (isolation #4) » Sat Jun 24, 2023 4:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Espeonage can you go back to as well since that was towards you. How is humaneatingmonkey eager to control the game?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 135, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I disagree about the setting up lims thing. idk, it's probably not scummy of you, but I think "at least one mafia in these people" or "these ppl could be partners" is like insanely ridiculously common in early pages. for a lot of people it's just how they express reads, + if anything it's towny to me just for having complex thoughts lol. like you said, it's like page 5 and everything is based off of so little, no one actually thinks theyre setting up multiple lims in practicality
Disagree with this. I don't think it is common to state there is mafia within 2 players at the start of the game. I don't recall seeing people "express reads" that way either.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:43 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 137, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 135, sheepsaysmeep wrote: I disagree about the setting up lims thing. idk, it's probably not scummy of you, but I think "at least one mafia in these people" or "these ppl could be partners" is like insanely ridiculously common in early pages. for a lot of people it's just how they express reads, + if anything it's towny to me just for having complex thoughts lol. like you said, it's like page 5 and everything is based off of so little, no one actually thinks theyre setting up multiple lims in practicality
Saying that 3 pages in seems very forced. When I had literally had no more than 15 words maybe
Forced or perhaps overeager. I can see them looking at you sheeping Espereon and deciding that you're not both mafia together, but scumreading you for low posts + espeonage and then deciding one of you is likely mafia.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #173 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 156, Quiet Owl wrote: you can probably get an idea of my experience from my two hundred-odd posts compared to most people's several thousand here.

Spoiler:

In post 158, Quiet Owl wrote: dr drew seems very disengaged from the game. his posts are just kinda vaguely following the thread and what everyone else is saying, rather than original thoughts. i'm not sure if he's just busy with life or if he's deliberately lurking.

it's weird that he's swinging around calling people informed, first bella and now bob. why hunt for the informed rather than the mafia?
I'm not sure how you can say they are lurking. They seem more engaged than myself at least, and perhaps several other players. I do think they are quick to point fingers though.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #174 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:24 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 171, Save The Dragons wrote: Dunnstral's a difficult read for me so take it with a grain of salt, it just feels different from scum dunnstral. dunnstral in TM was kind of slinking in the background and here dunn feels more engaged.
Eh... I find this read sort of suspect. You are comparing a full game to 7 posts in this one, one to the mod and one saying to use "Elimination". It just feels like this read is a little forced.
In post 164, Peregrine wrote: I’m unsure if Drew’s play currently comes from mafia! We very recently finished a game where we were mafia together and in that my impression of Drew was that he was a lot more passive early on and not intently rocking the boat, which seems different than his reading and then jumping straight to voting!!
This seems like a good reason to hold off on voting Dr Drew.

----

VOTE: Hu Tao

This one is just a feeling
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #177 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 175, Save The Dragons wrote: do you feel that you are engaged this game
The game is moving pretty slowly so I have been reading everything and commenting on things that interest me. I don't agree with the pushes on the top wagons right now so I am looking elsewhere.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #217 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

How much experience do you have with mafia Random Nurse?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #262 (isolation #11) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

OK.

I liked your contribution from posts to 200.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #268 (isolation #12) » Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:45 am

Post by Dunnstral »

How is that opportunistic when there are several other players with more votes than Hu Tao that they could have voted?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #387 (isolation #13) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 324, humaneatingmonkey wrote: I will vote between {Espeonage, Doctor Drew, Hu Tao, and Night Owl}. My priority is Espe, a tie between Drew and Hu Tao, and Night Owl only if no one has the appetite for the three.

I'll be waiting for Bella's replacement, StD's return, and Dunnstral's input. I want to know where they are in this.
I'm not sold on the reasons for Espe being mafia. I think Doctor Drew is overzealous town. I don't have much of an opinion on Hu Tao's recent posting. i wasn't impressed by anything at least. Night Owl I don't see anything wrong with their vote on Hu Tao and I feel that is what people have taken offense at recently, wouldn't want to vote there without a better reason.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #390 (isolation #14) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 8:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 374, Quiet Owl wrote: i think the game would benefit from a flip at this point. here are the top options as i see them.
- espeon
- me (quiet owl)
- humaneatingmonkey

pick someone for gods sake and stop going at each other's throats. i'm going to iso esp and hme and then pick and stick to a vote.
You're voting Hu Tao...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #392 (isolation #15) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

It seems you are mainly calling them mafia because they called you mafia and you are both accusing each other of trying to take control of the game. And maybe you guys don't like each other. And then there are people saying that because Espeonage is the leading wagon we should consolidate votes there, or implying that they are the most scumread. And sheep didn't like something Espeonage said about them.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #393 (isolation #16) » Fri Jun 30, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't see how people are reading Hu Tao's recent posts as town. Basically all they did is defend themselves against suspicion and vote the person who voted them. I mean, maybe that doesn't make them mafia, but how are people going from null to town?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #408 (isolation #17) » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 406, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 404, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 393, Dunnstral wrote: I don't see how people are reading Hu Tao's recent posts as town. Basically all they did is defend themselves against suspicion and vote the person who voted them. I mean, maybe that doesn't make them mafia, but how are people going from null to town?
because this is exactly how they behaved in previous games with them when they were town
So you're saying that you think I'd be uncapable of doing this as scum? If so, what would be hard to replicate?
This seems at odds with your post right above where you basically say the opposite?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #431 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 410, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 408, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 406, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 404, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 393, Dunnstral wrote: I don't see how people are reading Hu Tao's recent posts as town. Basically all they did is defend themselves against suspicion and vote the person who voted them. I mean, maybe that doesn't make them mafia, but how are people going from null to town?
because this is exactly how they behaved in previous games with them when they were town
So you're saying that you think I'd be uncapable of doing this as scum? If so, what would be hard to replicate?
This seems at odds with your post right above where you basically say the opposite?
How? Me saying how you're sounding upset I'm being Town read vs me asking dragons why he thinks I can't be scum is 2 different things.
Seems like you're questioning along the same lines that you just told me off for. IMO you either think what I posted was bad/weird or what ceph posted was bad/weird, but it can't be both at the same time if you are being consistent IMO.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #432 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:01 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 429, Peregrine wrote: I have read and... I do not feel comfortable voting this slot currently! I will give them a bit of time to catch up, but the circumstances feel kind of bad!!!
VOTE: T3

I've been busy lately and I apologize for that, but I am starting to worry I'm seeing this game from the wrong view as I only do periodic pop-ins! Especially if I am right to no longer want to kill this slot!!!
I think you meant to unvote here
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #457 (isolation #20) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 9:29 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 445, Peregrine wrote: Hello! I did mean to unvote but I was very tired and thinking about T3's post!!

However, while I am less certain as I was before I think that I can be more okay with flipping Owl than I can with Espe/T3 right now!!!

VOTE: Quiet Owl
I don't like this post
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #486 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 465, T3 wrote: Dunnstral’s posts about Drew seemed pretty weird, especially how Dunnstral defended Drew from Quiet Owl. He didn’t properly engage with Quiet Owl’s point about Drew. Then the way he said “maybe we should hold off on voting Drew” because of Peregrine’s defense of Drew also felt weird and not really genuine.
I disagreed with Quiet Owl and agreed with Peregrine. I didn't say maybe or brush off engagement.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #498 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 465, T3 wrote: A loose summary of my thoughts:

Dunnstral’s posts about Drew seemed pretty weird, especially how Dunnstral defended Drew from Quiet Owl. He didn’t properly engage with Quiet Owl’s point about Drew. Then the way he said “maybe we should hold off on voting Drew” because of Peregrine’s defense of Drew also felt weird and not really genuine.

Speaking of posts that didn’t feel genuine, basically nothing HEM has posted has seemed genuine at all and I how it seems like HEM is trying to establish control over the thread.

STD is an odd slot, his questioning of Dunnstral pinged me as town but nothing else really stood out to me as towny.

Espeonage pinged me as very towny and if I had replaced into some other slot then he would be my top townread. I mindmelded with him on a few occasions. So sue me :(

Sheep is probably my strongest townread, I liked the way he waffled around his read of Espeonage(?, I forgot who :mrgreen:), it seemed genuine. The one reservation I have is that sheep seems like a player who is always able to sound genuine but I’ll worry about that later.

I think the problem with Hu Tao’s catch-up is that *all* she did in said catchup was defend herself rather than actually provide decent reads. She tried to cover for that by saying “oh, nothing happened in those past few pages” which just struck me as weird.

Owl has been towny. I liked their case of HEM and Drew. Not much else to say here.
Similar story for bob.

Drew has been passive, not really in a town or scum way. I don’t scumread him individually but I thought that Dunnstral’s interaction with him could be s/s.

I have not properly read Nurse’s or Peregrine’s posts.

I know this is a lot of scumreads and some less confident townreads. I’ll live! And I’ll (hopefully) get a better read on Nurse/Peregrine.
In post 497, T3 wrote: VOTE: Owl

Deadline is soon and the thread doesn’t seem to be going anywhere
You are not going to even try to vote for someone else?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #499 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Like Hu Tao or humaneatingmonkey, both of which you have explained suspicion on and both of which are the next 2 wagons and could theoretically happen?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #500 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 494, Invisibility wrote: they're good questions I think. They seem to come from a place of genuine inquiry and not just fighting for towniness or whatever. Like, they question townreads on themself as part of their inquiries, but not in a way that reads as showy
That is not what is happening in post 405.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #501 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:45 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 496, T3 wrote:
In post 468, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 465, T3 wrote:Speaking of posts that didn’t feel genuine, basically nothing HEM has posted has seemed genuine at all and I how it seems like HEM is trying to establish control over the thread.
wasn't this espeonage's argument?
The first part was what I thought of on my own, the second part was exactly Espeonage’s argument lol
Skimmed over this. If you are town it seems really weird to me that you are reading your predecessor and portraying their arguments as your own in your catch up.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #502 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:47 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 495, T3 wrote:
In post 467, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 465, T3 wrote: HEM is trying to establish control over the thread
T3, we've had games. Do you think this is scum-indicative?
I forgot how you play as town but your posts this game definitely reminded me of how you played in that multiball game as mafia.
Also you are justifying the read by saying it reminds you of other games humaneatingmonkey has played in, but it was actually you repeating espeonage's arguement?

You are contradicting yourself.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #503 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:50 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 499, Dunnstral wrote: Like Hu Tao or humaneatingmonkey, both of which you have explained suspicion on and both of which are the next 2 wagons and could theoretically happen?
I see you were already voting for humaneating monkey. Still, why jump straight to quiet owl?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #514 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 505, Hu Tao wrote: Dunn who is scum besides?
Besides what?

I am working on figuring that out.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #524 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I would vote for T3 over owl right now
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #551 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

You did not respond to any of t he things I took issue with Mr T3.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”