Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:48 am

Post by KittyTacky »

I was busy, expect a VC early tomorrow.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:47 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 192, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 66, Espeonage wrote: Monkey's eagerness to control the game feels scum-motivated. And this is only exacerbated by the fact that they have really gone hard on the proverbial low hanging fruit.

The lining up of lynches is also always something I am watchful of. In both cases, if owl is town, monkey is just being negligent if town, and if owl is scum it's a very aggressive theater strat. The common thread being that monkey lining up lynches is poo poo.

vote: humaneatingmonkey
IIRC HEM had 3 votes at this time.

Could it be reaching for low-hanging fruit adding a fourth vote at this time?

I thought this at the time i was collecting wagon data but sheep had already switched his rvs vote on HEM to Owl quite a few hours before and on the same page. At the time he pushed it back to 3
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:58 am

Post by bob3141 »

Espe- perg ,HEM , sheep, nurse

are the current ones on Espeonage at the moment

Other than that one there is no other substantial wagon. So doesnt look reactionary to any other wagon. If espeonage was scum i would have expect something else somewhere else unless we have scum in the ones that havent posted for a few days.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by Quiet Owl »

In post 186, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 37, Quiet Owl wrote:
In post 24, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 19, Quiet Owl wrote:
In post 18, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 17, Quiet Owl wrote: hi hello
why
do we have a wagon forming this early
Do you think page 1 *wagons* are serious?

What I do wonder is why you appear concerned for humaneatingmonkey.
the man-eater is fine. it is odd to see a wagon form on page one though, and particularly odd that you took that so personally so quickly. why is your immediate response an attempt to discredit me and then deflect my point by misinterpreting it?

Guess I'm trying to parse through what you mean by he's "fine."

Doesn't sound like you've been playing that long if you think three same votes on page 1 is odd, tbf.

What does kind of ping my radar is you saying it was taken personally—could you share where, because this does sound like you're adding something that isn't there.

Again, it seems like you're adding things by saying I'm attempting to discredit you. Three same votes on page 1 does not a wagon make, and they are rarely if ever serious.

And what I said to you, Sir, is that it appears to me that you are concerned over HEM's safety. That's just how it seems to me so if you react defensively I can't help that.
oh that's a good logical post, this'll be a fun game. was getting really tired of having to read through walls of fluff in other ones.

"what you mean by he's "fine."" my lawyer has advised me not to comment further. he's me in a suit. he's demanding a raise. our budget doesn't allow for this. he may go on strike halfway through the game
"taken personally, you're adding something that isn't there" that's true actually. mostly, my original post wasn't directly addressed at anyone, so i wasn't expecting it to get jumped on that fast. pleasant surprise that it did
"attempting to discredit you" did not like the tone of "Do you think page 1 *wagons* are serious?". seemed more like "hey this post is 100% definitely silly and irrelevant, trust me and ignore it immediately" to me rather than "this is a flawed and suspicious assumption". the first is a lot more scum-typical.

"concerned over HEM's safety" more focused on poking people over votes at the moment. way more interesting. occasionally things explode!
So, reading this, I'm interpreting this as a deflection, because you didn't actually respond to my question about what you meant by him being "fine." I'd like you to simply explain what you meant instead of not actually answering me.

Just so we're on the same page, I was responding to you saying that I had taken something personally, where nothing of the sort was in any of my prior four posts. When you ascribe things to me in your opinion that didn't actually happen, it does make me stop and question why you would add things that weren't there.

Could you please clarify the part in yellow so I don't misunderstand you?

As I see it, I saw it more as being concerned that someone had 3 votes on page 1, and that Scum tend to be more concerned with self-preservation. 3 votes for the same person on page 1 isn't uncommon, and I don't think it's worth worrying about an immediate lynch at the very start of the game over that. The apparent concern (at least as I saw it) worried me a bit more, because it smelt a bit like trying to protect someone else.
you responded to a comment that wasn't made directly towards you with a level of aggression that i thought was odd. for this reason, i matched it to see how you'd react. the result was that you seem to be town, so i attempted to disengage so we wouldn't be clogging the thread with bickering.

"Do you think page 1 *wagons* are serious?" the use of "you" here means this is generally interpreted as an attack on the player, not the post. though i think now you probably meant this incredulously?
trivial to rephrase though, e.g. "Page 1 wagons aren't serious." not sure how else i can clarify the yellow bit, but if you have specific questions i'll answer them.

"fine"
hem had a
mere three votes during rvs.
they were
nowhere near being in danger of elimination.

i was, as i am sure i've said earlier, interested in the people who were piling on top of each other. poking those people has let me start sorting everyone into piles, which is the whole point of the game?
never trust anyone who claims i'm town. i reek perpetually of money laundering, accordion music, and suspiciously good pizza.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:37 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I have a daycop who should I use it on?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

espe
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 205, Not_Mafia wrote: I have a daycop who should I use it on?
Probably on me, you like faking those lol.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:26 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Sheep, you asked. You haven't really been saying much with your posts. There's no meat.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Espeonage »

You aren't posting from an afraid of being around viewpoint so town.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:27 pm

Post by Espeonage »

No real read of peregrine atm. They are in the town pile tho.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by Espeonage »

NM isn't being disruptive enough though. Lean scum.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:28 pm

Post by Espeonage »

The more owl posts the more I think I may have been wrong on the VI read and the more I think they are SI.
Don't @ me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:43 pm

In post 210, Espeonage wrote: No real read of peregrine atm. They are in the town pile tho.
how come
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Nothing AI. They posted cases that are fine but could come from other. Benefit of the numbers says town pile.
Don't @ me.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:57 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

I'll catchup tomorrow
Random Nurse
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Random Nurse
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by Random Nurse »

In post 188, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 36, Espeonage wrote: Of course Mafia get defensive, but the main focus of a mafia, especially a new mafia is to not make waves. So the vibe check says dumb town.
On this point do you read Quiet Owl as being defensive in our interactions?
In post 192, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 66, Espeonage wrote: Monkey's eagerness to control the game feels scum-motivated. And this is only exacerbated by the fact that they have really gone hard on the proverbial low hanging fruit.

The lining up of lynches is also always something I am watchful of. In both cases, if owl is town, monkey is just being negligent if town, and if owl is scum it's a very aggressive theater strat. The common thread being that monkey lining up lynches is poo poo.

vote: humaneatingmonkey
IIRC HEM had 3 votes at this time.

Could it be reaching for low-hanging fruit adding a fourth vote at this time?
In post 198, Random Nurse wrote:
In post 106, Espeonage wrote:
You ain't no bogeyman. You're just scummy.
Don't discredit discourse bc you're offended.
The brief tonal shift strikes me as odd.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

How much experience do you have with mafia Random Nurse?
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:29 am

Post by Peregrine »

Hello! I am tired so quick skim!

I don’t feel that many of my stances have changed!! I’m worried that I am biased but I notice Espeonage changing their read on Owl when it may be opportune to do so if both of them are a team!! I don’t have a specific read on them together other than that but have individual mafia reads on them!!

I think that Random Nurse feels somewhat townie! It is a very nebulous read to say someone cares about what others think of their thoughts and trying to engage for clarity because mafia will and does have to fake that, but I am not getting the sense it is faked this game!

Dunnstral and Save the Dragons are both null for me as well, I don’t feel like I’ve seen anything from them that was really telling!!!
Peregrine
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Peregrine
Any!
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any!

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:30 am

Post by Peregrine »

Also I would ask that we not call other people’s play bad or poor!! There’s no need to do that even if it’s a strategy, and I think there are better ways to approach talking about someone!!!!!
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:13 am

In post 219, Peregrine wrote: Also I would ask that we not call other people’s play bad or poor!! There’s no need to do that even if it’s a strategy, and I think there are better ways to approach talking about someone!!!!!
I agree. I also read the situation as scum!Espe calling the players on his wagon bad as a strategy. Perhaps to discredit.

First, I'm not sure it's believable to be calling sheep bad town here. sheep should be suspicious in his eyes for his position in Espe's wagon -- sheep actually generates new ideas to fuel Espe's doom.

Heck, I feel suspicious about sheep's place in Espe's wagon. Scum has historically gathered behind me to push me into eliminating town. But I'm not sure that's what's happening here.

I also find his reframing of his push as unbelievable. He went from describing me as experienced scum pace setter and narrative controller... to a bad player that he doesn't want anyone to listen to because of ego? So does that mean he sees me - his primary vote and suspect - as town now? Help me here, as I'm not sure why he'd reframe his position otherwise. Does it mean he doesn't really see me as scum?

Nevertheless, I will not remove my vote. At this point, I heard enough. I will give the town a favor by not continuing to cross-examine Espe as that might be endless spam and will make an environment where scum can cover up easily. Although I hope those who disagree with me will try their best to dissuade me and those who agree with me to vote with me.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:14 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: sheep
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:32 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 221, Save The Dragons wrote: VOTE: sheep
Why change your vote to sheep from Drew. Whats changed in your reads that now has sheep a more pressing vote for you than drew or your other red read me
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:35 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i feel like town sheep is more present

i find myself agreeing with people about sheep and i want to see if there's taste there for a sheep wagon
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:30 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 223, Save The Dragons wrote: i feel like town sheep is more present