Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:35 am

Post by Korts »

Vote: BlackBerry

Taking a passive role in perhaps the most insightful part of the game is anti-town. Doing something anti-town deliberately is perhaps worse.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:55 am

Post by Korts »

mothrax: disliking the "RVS" isn't anti-town--but not proposing any alternative is. I saw nothing in BlackBerry's first post other than an intention to sit back and wait idly while the rest of the town gathers the information crucial for progressing in the early game.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:47 am

Post by Korts »

Ectomancer wrote:P.S. - I made a case (actually 2). I don't appreciate it being ignored.
Is this directed at someone in particular?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #30 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Korts »

BB: you expressed a dislike of RVS and an unwillingness to participate in it, but didn't propose anything else. You had the initiative by virtue of being the first poster, but you passed up the opportunity of doing anything proactive, expressing only the intention of giving analysis once something "odd" crops up. That, to me, shows that you aren't interested in stimulating and steering discussion, when that's exactly what I think a pro-town player should be doing.

As to your comment about mothrax, why do you discount (or at least fail to mention) the possibility of him buddying up to you?

mothrax: you seem to be leaning unnaturally towards BB being town. Do you have any particular reason?

Ecto: I didn't address your case(s) because I found the argument sound and at least partly agreed, but don't think town gains anything at this point from tunneling on a single suspect.

Preview edit: BB kinda seems to be downplaying the connection between him and mothrax, especially considering this sentence:
BB wrote:Mothrax's reaction to scotmany12, although waranted, almost seems a bit overexaggerated
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #64 (isolation #4) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Korts »

Blackberry wrote:Reading his posts, I don't think he intended to buddy up to me or even defend me, just agree with me in his initial post. In his second post, I think some of his words were odd. Overall, however, I think he is being genuine in his actions and reactions, I do not get the feeling he is mafia trying to buddy up to me so I can get killed, turn town, and make him look clearer.
Yet:
Blackberry wrote:
mothrax wrote:I feel like my being defensive of BB is going to cause trouble later in the game,
especially if by some weird chance he flips scum
, however, I have come under scrutiny because of the same stance and in an effort to explain my point, I will try to explain his.
This is the type of thing, had I heard it about someone else, I would think the two were mafia partners. I don't get the "by some weird chance he flips scum." What reason do you have to believe I'm NOT going to flip scum?
Do you see my point here? Whatever the reason for mothrax basically calling you town, you should be suspicious, not taking his side.

As for downplaying the connection, that part's natural, but:
Blackberry wrote:Mothrax's reaction to scotmany12, although waranted,
almost
seems
a bit
overexaggerated
Why downplay his scumminess as well? (not to mention that as an experienced player you should be aware of a multitude of reasons not to give reasoning with a vote, and hence your statement that mothrax's reaction was warranted, without an analysis of context and mothrax's experience, is also suspect)

Thief's first two votes don't seem to be serving any scumhunting purpose. His lash out against Ecto is stupid as well. I could see myself supporting this wagon.
Iron Man wrote:I find it much easier to believe that his initial stance against RVS was used to create discussion than his anti-RVS stance being a scumtell.
Of course it's not a scumtell. But by itself, it's not productive, either. My intention was to prod BB into activity, and I'm not particularly comfortable with his reactions and his association with mothrax at this point.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #85 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Korts »

Will post something tomorrow, had an urgent translation gig pop up which will be occupying my time and draining my mental resources for another day.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #107 (isolation #6) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Korts »

Skimmed only a bit, will do a grand catch-up after regaining some mental energy. One comment. Grow the fuck up, mothrax. Ecto didn't attack your person, he attacked your persona. Knowing Ecto, he wouldn't call you a dumbass without reason--either your arguments make you sound like one, or he has a hidden agenda.

Also, Ecto, please don't get emotional. I thought you were better than to leave a game just because someone is easily offended.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #110 (isolation #7) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Korts »

mothrax: I would much rather have you not overreacting to in-game scumhunting tactics than you replacing out. Emotions play a part in mafia, and it's wholly unprofessional to take the emotional outbursts out of the game and handle them like they're serious attacks. I realize you may not enjoy the game as we play it, but not only is this provocative element a natural part of any argument, it's a valuable scumhunting tool. Political correctness never found scum.

Meanwhile, there's not enough votes on Blackberry. or mothrax, for that matter. Wishy-washy connections all round. If we could have parallel wagons on them, that would be nice, tyia

I also tend to agree with Simenon about Iron Man and Cuetlachtli. I'm surprised Cuetlachtli's overreaction to Ecto didn't raise more eyebrows.
Thief wrote:The fact that he misreps my Iron Man vote as genuine
Wait what. How can someone misrep your thought process if you haven't made any claims to what your thought process is? I realize Blackberry is scum, but don't be throwing shit at random, just what's sure to stick. And then we can lynch you afterward for throwing shit to see what sticks. And blatant wagonhopping. And then some.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #116 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by Korts »

Cuetlachtli wrote:If you thought my response to Ecto was a overreaction, why didn't you vote to lynch me?
The fact that you're a low priority doesn't mean that you're not on the radar. Fuck off with the stupid questions, the world doesn't revolve around you.

I am not going to explain in detail anything, because I don't want to get into walls of text. I am going to give clear, concise responses. Why I think it was an overreaction is simple: your response was disproportionately large, detailed and emotional in comparison to Ecto's post.

And what the fuck do you mean by soft selling a lynch? I am not a salesperson, I just have multiple suspects.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #117 (isolation #9) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by Korts »

I'm sorry to hear that, Ecto. I hope it works out for the better.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #120 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Korts »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Hey Korts it's kind of scummy to dodge questions. Please answer them I'm quite interested in the answers.
I don't see you asking me questions, no matter how hard I read your posts. Nor do I remember ignoring anyone else's questions.

BB: I've made my case against you. Your inconsistent stance toward mothrax is a big point against you. And I really resent your know-it-all attitude about what town and mafia do and their reasonings for doing so. Please grow some perspective and realize that no two people think exactly alike, regardless of alignment. Your second point doesn't really make much sense. The suspicion of Thief has nothing to do with you.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #124 (isolation #11) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Korts »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I got a couple of questions for you Korts:
Ok I will re asked cuet's questions maybe you will answer them when I ask.

1. If you thought his response to Ecto was a overreaction, why didn't you vote to lynch him?

2. Why do you even think it was a overreaction? Explain in detail why you think he over reacted.

3. It looks to me like you are trying to soft sell his lynch. Is this true or not?
For fuckssake learn to read. I answered those, insofar as such stupid questions can be answered.

BB: your inconsistency comes from you admitting that what mothrax said relating to your likely alignment flip would be scummy--that is, if you didn't know YOUR alignment. The two have nothing to do with each other, that is, your knowledge of your own alignment and mothrax's behavior.

And no, my resentment has no bearing on my vote, that was just meant as a side comment. You acting like you're dispensing superior knowledge about optimal scum and town behavior in every post of yours is just... fucking annoying me no end. I don't mean to insult you, but you insult my intelligence with your attitude, whether you do it intentionally or not.

And Thief may throw shit at a scumpartner just as much as at a town-aligned player. Hence my case on you and my points against him have no connection.

That said I think I've squeezed as much juice as I can from the BB wagon for now. Moving on.

vote: drmyshottyizsik

Posting useless fluff, using others' reasoning, accusing people of tactics you are far guiltier of. What else can you show me?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #131 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:09 am

Post by Korts »

BB wrote:Did you read what I've said? I said I would find it as something that indicates that the two people mentioned were scum together.
I would be
more
suspicious of mothrax if I had been the subject of his comment, not less. That there is the inconsistency in my eyes, your complete ignorance of buddying possibilities.

I will have to review the game, because my list of suspects is getting out of hand. I would, however, appreciate more votes on drmyshottyizsik (fucking annoying handle, man), Thief, mothrax and Blackberry.

In the meanwhile I'd also settle for more people posting.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #140 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by Korts »

Thief, you don't understand sarcasm, do you? Me saying "I realize Blackberry is scum" is a clear-cut example.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #160 (isolation #14) » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Korts »

So Cuet, you completely ignored my last reply to you; your attack on me is basically for me having noted your overreaction; and you have contributed nothing of value other than being outraged first at Ecto, then at me for taking a closer look at you. Can you explain to me how any of this is helpful to the pro-town cause?
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #172 (isolation #15) » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Korts »

Cuet wrote:Classic scum strawman tactics if you ask me
Well I don't know about strawmanning, but the questions that those replies were in answer to seemed to be terribly loaded ones.

Nor am I claiming that emotions are scummy. They are just another point of reference in analysis, and your reaction to Ecto didn't seem appropriate. I do find it interesting that you lash out at Ecto when he makes a case on you, and when I first make a comment about your overreaction, you immediately start building a case against me. This, really, is the sum of your contributions to the thread.

As far as me supporting most wagons that emerged, that's entirely true. but my motives weren't what you make them out to be. This game needs a catalyst of some kind, and I'm trying to find something that I can stick to. I'm not particularly suspicious of any of the people I've voted or expressed willingness to vote so far, just more suspicious of them than the rest.

vote: eljcko

I remember him posting some, but I don't actually remember what he said. Reading back, it's all marginal stuff. He also hasn't posted since the game slowed down, namely since the 23rd. Seems like he wants to stay under the radar and has no intention of promoting discussion if it dies down on its own. Support plz.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #187 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Korts »

Sorry, I'm bored with this game. I'll spend tomorrow trying to get back into the flow of things; failing that, I'll ask for replacement.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #202 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Korts »

Oh well. You people deserve someone who actually cares.

mod: please replace me
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”