Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Vote: eljcko
for voting first.

About the whole random voting issue, I agree that it is rather pointless, but I have to lean towards eljcko's thinking. We are given a blank slate at the beginning of the game, so without a least a little random voting, it is a bit harder to begin the scum hunt.
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:54 am

Post by Iron Man »

@ Ecto

You seem to be targeting me on charges of stagnating possible discussion by buddying up with elcko. My vote post four of the game was entrenched in RVS and very little was meant by it. I don't understand what you mean by creating a "tiff" with him when the vote was obviously RVS and would be written off by him post haste. I especially don't understand why you would think I would argue with him considering the fact that I mostly agree with his stance on the RVS issue.

@ChannelDelibird

Yeah, I did play that game kind of horridly.

Finally, major
FoS: scotmany12
for blatant bandwagoning and avoidance of discussion. I open the floor to you sir. Please enlighten us for the reason of your vote.
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Iron Man »

* I'd like to preface my previous post on that I missed all of page two by accident when I posted it. I'll post a follow-up in a few minutes.
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Iron Man »

Okay.

@scotmany12

After reading the page, I'm going to retract my FoS. While I certainly do not enjoy your initial post, I will believe that you used it simply to draw a reaction.

On the issue of the Blackberry agruement, I'm going to side with Blackberry. I find it much easier to believe that his initial stance against RVS was used to create discussion than his anti-RVS stance being a scumtell.

@Thief

I am fairly disconcerted at your responses so far. We are over two pages into the game with a fair amount of significant discussion, yet you somehow have no response to any of it? Your first vote seems to me that it's targeting someone that is at least a little unpopular, possiible distancing but I may be looking too hard at that one, and your second vote reeks of bandwagon.
FoS

Also,
Unvote: Eljcko
because he is clearly not the scummiest on the board right now and we seem to have drifted out of the RVS stage.
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Iron Man »

Ectomancer wrote: I'm saying that Iron Man's random vote wasn't random, but calculated.
Well, no, it wasn't. It was RVS.
Ectomancer wrote: Sums it up right. Why not eljcko? He took a stance against Blueberry's stance and supported random voting by randomly voting. He opened himself to attack for it. Iron Man's left him open to...nothing.
I'm not sure if I agree with your point. What you're saying is that I should have opened myself to attack? What do you think I am, a mafia masochist?
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Iron Man »

Thief could make fleas jump off a dog.
Agreed
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:29 am

Post by Iron Man »

Thief wrote:Hello.

Blackberry seems content to withhold his vote and post fluff as of post #57.

Unvote:
Vote: Blackberry

Ecto's jump is noted. He is in the ongoing game in which scum was lynched D1 for "pretending" not to have seen a second page. Him not mirroring my read and keeping his vote on Iron Man is suspicious.
There are so many things wrong with this. While I agree that Post #57 can be called "fluff", that in and of itself does not warrant a vote. Would you like to provide some more ample reasoning as to why you are voting Blackberry?

And I have no idea what you mean by your second paragraph. Please elaborate. And you're starting to look more and more worthy of my vote unless you can properly and promptly explain yourself.
Korts wrote:
Iron Man wrote:I find it much easier to believe that his initial stance against RVS was used to create discussion than his anti-RVS stance being a scumtell.
Of course it's not a scumtell. But by itself, it's not productive, either. My intention was to prod BB into activity, and I'm not particularly comfortable with his reactions and his association with mothrax at this point.
Okay, I'll take your word on your intention to prod BB, but I'm starting to get a picture here that maybe BB and mothrax keep defending eachother because they are getting attacked together. It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. If you keep saying that there is a connection, then a connection will begin to form. Granted, I could be completely backwards on this, and you could be correct that they are, in fact, scum partners, but this is just some food for thought.
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Simenon wrote: Iron Man is so unwilling to vote. Look at his "retracted FoS," and his "worthy of my vote" warning. This caution bothers me.
Also notice how he sticks a condition in this post to avoid commitment:
Iron Man wrote:Your first vote seems to me that it's targeting someone that is at least a little unpopular, possiible distancing
but I may be looking too hard at that one.
He uses a similar tone later:
Okay, I'll take your word on your intention to prod BB, but I'm starting to get a picture here that maybe BB and mothrax keep defending eachother because they are getting attacked together. It's kind of a self fulfilling prophecy. If you keep saying that there is a connection, then a connection will begin to form. Granted, I could be completely backwards on this, and you could be correct that they are, in fact, scum partners, but this is just some food for thought.
Equivocal, cautious tone. Iron Man is clearly not new; why isn't he sticking to his convictions?
Vote Iron Man
Since when was a conservative play-style a scumtell? By this logic, a confident, self-righteous fool has a less chance of being scum than a mildly cautious player. IMO, at this point in the game, there aren't many convictions to stick to.

Also, your citation of my experience is scewed. This is the first game I've played on MS in just under two years, during which I had ceased all activity on the site. And even during my initial time on the site, I was only active for about six months before I left.
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #8) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Iron Man »

Wow, nothing like a huge wall of text to brighten my day.

Quick notes: Mothrax, I know ecto may have insulted you, but seriously chill. This game has gotten a little ridiculous on that front.

Will post more later.
I'm back.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Iron Man »

Crap, been really busy these last three days. Will definitly get a good analysis in tomarrow.
I'm back.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”