Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:23 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Mole:This game is sucking, and fast.Speed it up please.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 10:18 am

Read again, I prefer to receive my sucking at a high rate of speed.And this game just isnt cutting it. Mole needs to grow a sack and start stamping down some moderator time limits.
Show

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:42 am

Finally [sarcasm]Too bad we lost the cop though, bah[/sarcasm]Vote: PokiHe will probably be the most quiet, and they need to be weeded out.[edit]Added the sarcasm tags just in case someone doesnt get it[/edit]
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:20 pm

I did not check Poki, but I still think he will be the most quiet.[edit]Forgot to add: I checked MikeGoo and got guilty from him as well.[/edit]Could or has anyone done the math to figure out if we are better off with the no kills as Sofis is suggesting? The mafia will probably come out claiming copdom anyways, they would be dumb not to.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:04 pm

Even though Vinny's reasoning screams im a jackass, he has a point I didnt think about.The mafia knows who is innocent and guilty of course. They can pinpoint the right cops to kill and lie to manipulate us.So what should we do? I am not going to allow myself to be used like a puppet by the mafia. Should we lynch some people randomly now and reveal all our info later if we are failing?
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 24, 2002 2:31 am

I dont know what the odds are, but here are some numbers I see:We have 11 people, 3 are mafia. With 3 mafia it means we need 3 rounds to finish them off. so at least 4 good guys need to be alive. We also need to be dead on. So the magic number is 7. So we have 4 rounds to make this right.If we dont kill, thats a guaranteed good guy death, so we would drop to 10, 3 of them maf. Needing 7 alive still cause we didnt lynch a mafia, we only have 3 rounds now. And I think 1 we wouldnt have information, just blind voting.How many rounds can we go on not lynching until we have sure information? 3-4 rounds is all we would have. Is that enough? If we miss after collecting information, we are screwed.Then if we lynch now, we have the crapshoot of getting us some scum early. Oh something I just thought of. No lynching for information would require everyone to be awake. We would be shooting ourselves in the foot if we only have like 5 people being active. And then the mafia would be in there mixed in as well.If we get a mafia though, we buy ourselves a ton of time and its the deadsure way of confirming information. but quiet people are going to hinder us either way. So the question is, should we still do no kills? Or should we weed out some quiet ones in case one of them is mafia and his buddies are running the show? Statiscally, no kills would be better, but is that factoring silent people?Any ideas?
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:46 am

YikesI think ill go to my corner now, I feel like I just got put on timeout.Considering this should be less than [edit]7[edit] =0) minutes after your post, I dont think there will be a problem. Its easy to keep up when youre online 24hrs a day.Roles should be assigned randomly if Mole is being a good little mod, right Mole?Also, is there a time limit? Or will we sit here pissing in the wind until the end of creation?
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 26, 2002 2:06 am

Quote The Retired Cop - is too old for the amateur spying game, and thinks the mafia will never attack. When they do, however, he will become a normal cop of the same sanity as the one who was shot...None of the cops know which kind they are (except the retired cop), and they'll just be known as Cops should they die. So you know what kind of cop you are then, right? How can we harvest this information without signing his death certificate?More thoughts: After reading Cubies dicertation, I noticed something. Its extremely difficult to differentiate between a sane cop and a naive cop/insane cop and a paranoid cop. To be able to find the difference we would still have the 3/11 chance right?Meaning to be able to get any good info, 2 cops wont be enough, cause there is 2 of each. Gah I think we need like 5 cops all checking the same person to even get anything obvious. We dont have enough turns (3-4) to be fumbling about like the keystone cops.Wait, does that mean that our odds are basically the same? Corsato said that 7:3 odds are better than 6:3? Arent we more likely to catch a mafia with more fodder out of the way? Well, at least that how it works for me in other games. Maybe its different here.I think im starting to lean towards lynching someone randomly. My math sucks, but our odds are almost the same arent they? This way we can cut some fodder out of the way and our investigations may be more meaningful. We may even catch a mafia randomly.But, the mafia will snipe the useful cops from us and we probably wont even know it. This is utterly confusing. Cubie has a point, they probably killed Mith cause he would have been dangerous to them. Damn, me or cubie are probably next.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 26, 2002 6:21 am

That is exactly the plan MBA's followed with all the bombed dot coms.Their way:1) Get VC money2) ????3) ProfitOur way:1) Investigate at night2) ????3) Catch mafiaWe need to figure out exactly what the hell we are doing. And I dont see any one of us having a sentient clue on how we need to do this. Just not lynching and hoping for the best will not work. If thats the case then we need to do random lynchings. I dont even have concrete odds on what works though.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Sat Apr 27, 2002 5:48 am

I got so caught up in the logic I forgot to  unvote:Unvote: PokiI will add more later (after I finish the rest of the thread)...Cubie, what if we are both innocent? Are there any odds for that? I would hate to be unjustly auto-lynched just because he turned up innocent.Poki, its always been that way, im used to it.In that case are we voting for Sofis then?Vote: Sofis - Out of automatic self-preservation. I can always just unvote if we decide against it too.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #10) » Sat Apr 27, 2002 9:57 am

Im not going to even try to understand all of that, but again, what are the odds of each scenario between Sofis and I?Guilty/Guilty: X%Guilty/Cop: X%Cop/Guilty: X%Cop/Cop: X%And yes, im deathly afraid of autolynch if Sofis turns out innocent. I may not have a way to prove my innocence, although with all this info someone may be able to help me out. Also want to make sure we make the most informed decision as well.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 28, 2002 1:38 pm

Im to the point where I dont even want to make choices anymore. I have no clue what all these numbers getting tossed around are.Are we still voting for Sofis?Someone just assign me a person to check too please.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #12) » Mon May 06, 2002 1:57 am

Now, im the first to admit that I have no clue about these numbers, charts, lexigraphs, whatever. But something is wrong here.Corsato is dead. Looking back, I noticed he had checked CubeStudent and found him guilty. He also said he was going to investigate me last night.I checked CubeStudent last night and found him innocent.Does anyone else see something wrong? I think I am being framed.I think Cubie is playing us, well, at least me for a fool. If Mikegoo is truly innocent then I must be an insane cop. Not only that, but he comes jumping out of the gate using his numbers and percentages to try and get me lynched by voting for me.You know, why did we lynch Sofis anyways? Looking back, Cube just said that Sofis was acting suspicious. Now I feel like an idiot for not even questioning him for that. I was just trusting him too much and these numbers of his.Didnt someone else say that Cube kept making mistakes in his numbers and calculations? I really think he is playing us. I just thought of someone else, I really think this is playing in his favor. If we dont reveal our investigations this round, we wouldnt have any additional proof that he is indeed guilty. Of course, then the mafia would have extra info too, bah.Look all I know is that Mikegoo is most likely innocent and I got guilty for him, now I check Cube and I got innocent for him. I see no other choice but to vote for the puppetmaster. Im so confused in this game, I dont understand all these calculations and permutations, but if anyone else sees how we are being played with, please speak up.Vote: CubeStudent
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Sun May 12, 2002 12:37 pm

BahIts not my fault Cube was innocent How was I supposed to know?But the answer is now obvious. MikeGoo is a liar He has to be mafia and I must be a sane cop. Its the only way it adds up for me.What I want to know is why the real retired cop never came forward. Basically that single act of greed screwed us over. By keeping quiet you not only misled me but the rest of us as well. Shame on youUnfortunately to add even more to my suspicion, I checked Vinny and got him as innocent (duh), bah.Its clear to me that MikeGoo HAS to be guilty now, since im obviously a sane cop. It all makes sense now. Will the real retired cop please come forward now?Vote: MikeGoo
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #14) » Sun May 12, 2002 3:44 pm

How am I supposed to know why the real retired cop hasnt said anything. Fear maybe? Maybe whoever it is wont come out until the last minute and try to make a heroic attempt to rescue us? I have no idea.All I know is that Cube was innocent, so Mike is guilty.Vote:MikeGoo
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #15) » Mon May 13, 2002 3:41 am

um.. uh.. like...Vote: MikeGooand stuff.
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #16) » Mon May 13, 2002 6:23 am

You know, you are throwing this game away by lynching me. I am the sane cop. I got Vinny and Cubie innocent and MikeGoo guilty, its not very difficult to comprehend.I just about have given up considering there is no way anyone is going to believe me. I dont know why no one has come forward to disprove MikeGoo, maybe they dont realize that the game will end when the torch bearing plebians lynch me.Lynch me and the mafia wins. Might as well get it over with I guess.Vote: MikeGoo
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #17) » Thu May 16, 2002 5:48 am

Its going to be funny when you lynch me and find me innocent. On top of that, we all lose the game and the mafia scum win.

MikeGoo is evil mafia.

Vote: MikeGoo
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #18) » Sat May 18, 2002 12:42 pm

I say MikeGoo is guilty.

Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #19) » Sun May 19, 2002 2:55 pm

Yea, the mistake is that you listed me as mafia in all the results. I am apalled as well as offended.

MikeGoo is guilty, I am a sane cop. You will lose the game if you lynch me now. I got Cubie innocent, so MikeGoo must be guilty. Stop wasting time, lynch MikeGoo.

Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #20) » Sun May 19, 2002 4:06 pm

Oh I forgot:

Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #21) » Mon May 20, 2002 5:24 pm

I know someone who is guilty.

Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #22) » Tue May 21, 2002 2:25 am

Youre getting it over all right, you lynch me, the sane cop, and its game over. Mafia wins.

Vote: MikeGOo
Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (isolation #23) » Tue May 21, 2002 6:29 am

You mean this format?:

Show

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #24) » Tue May 21, 2002 1:41 pm

I am just as shocked as the rest of you, why wasnt I told I was mafia? Oh well.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”