Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:25 am

Post by Gaspode »

Hello, I'm here, and I'm in, according to CS. I'm replacing...well...someone (a player to be named later?) :).

So...umm...hi.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 26, 2002 12:58 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Well, now that I'm officially in, I
unvote: Polotet

Mathcam, while your post convinces me that you are either a pro-town person or a genius mafioso, I don't like your logic about voting for oneself. I suggest an alternative plan: avoiding close finishes between bandwagons. For example, lets say it's 6 votes to lynch. Person A and person B each have five votes. Person C is about to cast the final vote for person A. I recommend that person C posts "warning"; that is, "I'm about to lynch person A, everyone who is voting for person B should unvote." That way we can avoid that voting-for-yourself nonsense and ensure that the mafia can never change that decision.

So, what do you think?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:53 am

Post by Gaspode »

Hey, Green Crayons, what do you mean by this:

I'll bet ten bucks that at least one scum is already on the mathcam bandwagon. Maybe not more than one, because (from what i can tell by reading over Cuban's overview post) mafia can't jump on a bandwagon to reach majority (seven, in this case) and push a townie into being lynched, unless if it's moments before the deadline is reached. So, there would be no real reason for any more than one of the mafia to expose himself to any scrutiny down the road if mathcam does proove to be innocent.

I just read over CS' post, and I don't see anything about the mafia not being able to jump on a bandwagon for a majority. Can you please explain what you were talking about?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:45 am

Post by Gaspode »

The only use is that the mafia can go back, kill one of the mathcam people, and get a two-for-one deal.

FOS: ambic
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 29, 2002 8:48 am

Post by Gaspode »

(The aforementioned use is bad, by the way, for those of you who take everything literally. It was a somewhat sarcastic post.)
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #79 (isolation #5) » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:12 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Cam, I am one of those who say that you are just a townie with some really stupid ideas. Your actions seem to be very pro-town in intention, and your idea of voting for oneself sort of makes sense. The only reason I don't support it is that it might cause more complications. My plan is better. If all bandwagons are completely eliminated by the time a lynching takes place, then the mafia would never be able to get a double lynch, no matter how many people they go back and kill. As long as only one person has votes, we don't have to deal with this vote-for-myself stuff. Also, if you voted for yourself after a "warning post", you would lynch yourself, which makes no sense at all.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:22 pm

Post by Gaspode »

You do have a very valid point that it would be harder to unlynch dead townspeople.

That's all I meant by complications, Cam.

Ok, now for the main part of my post. I hate to make such a desperate defense of someone else, as they usually look suspicious, but WHY ARE YOU CRAZY PEOPLE STILL VOTING FOR MATHCAM :?: :?: :?: Isn't it obvious that he's just a newbie who's trying to help the town? If you're still not convinced, read this:
(If it does turn out that I'm a mafia, definitely lynch Ambic).

How could a mafioso be so stupid that he tells the town to lynch his comrade? As I said, Cam must be town.

If he turns out to be mafia, I will obviously look suspicious, but we CANNOT afford to lose townies in this game, which someone (Corsato, maybe?) described as the toughest we will ever play. Just look back at mathcam's posts, and you'll see that he's acting very pro-town. So please, keep this innocent townie alive, we need as many as we can get.

Question: who is the person who claimed coroner, because mathcam has talked about two different people who he thinks claimed it.

P.S. Mathcam, if you somehow miraculously live through this day, please spare us from the humongous posts. I can't stand them anymore! :)
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #83 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 03, 2002 1:23 pm

Post by Gaspode »

:lol: I just noticed how long my last post was. I'm such a hypocrite. :D
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #86 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 03, 2002 3:33 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Well, I can't change your minds now, so
vote: mathcam
in order to have a big majority. If he's innocent, you all deserve a big fat "I TOLD YOU SO!"
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #89 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:39 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Everyone pm CS so we can extend the deadline and switch votes to ambic.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #90 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 04, 2002 2:41 pm

Post by Gaspode »

BTW, I'll switch my vote as soon as CS extends that deadline, but until he does that, we need a big majority.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #102 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:54 pm

Post by Gaspode »

How could a time cop be useful? They don't kill or protect, they just investigate. Since they can only vote on the present day, what's the point in going back or forward? I'm not sure ambic is getting the right information on that point, but I do believe that BigFella was mafia, thanks to Lucresia. A vigilante making the kill makes sense. I just don't understand why there was no mafia kill last night.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #105 (isolation #12) » Sat Dec 07, 2002 6:11 pm

Post by Gaspode »

:oops: Oops, I must've been really out of it when I posted. Now that I look back, I realize that we're playing time travel mafia (duh). Just ignore the fact that I wondered why there was no mafia kill last night. I agree with GC that the mafia are probably saving up their kills, and we need to devise a way to prevent a situation like that.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #111 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:52 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Jeep, the "you" in your post is ambic, right? As for DS being the coroner, I originally took it as a mistake, but I'll think about what you said. And just out of curiosity: Why are you attacking ambic now and not before? There's plenty of stuff in that post that was said a long time ago. Also, I believe GC's night 4 idea was just a wild guess, meant to get the town thinking about preventing such a night rather than to predict exactly when it will happen.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #112 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:54 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Oh, BTW, I will add that I don't think ambic's post isn't 100% trustworthy, either.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #120 (isolation #15) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 3:33 pm

Post by Gaspode »

GC, we have two RL days until the deadline. That's plenty of time for discussion and votes. Plus, haven't we been discussing the credibility of ambic's role claim for about a page, or does that not count as discussion? Why do we have to worry about making pointless, random, un-thought-out votes when we're finally getting somewhere in dicussion?

But, if you really want me to vote, I guess I will.
vote: Green Crayons
for now. :) I know that's not what you were looking for, but you wanted votes, so be grateful.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #125 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:45 am

Post by Gaspode »

Hey, people, we're finally getting somewhere. Let's all pm CS to extend the deadline. I don't want another mathcam type of thing.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #126 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 12, 2002 9:46 am

Post by Gaspode »

Plus, with only five votes on the table, we can't let the day end with a count this close. Otherwise three people could die!
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #128 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 12, 2002 10:00 am

Post by Gaspode »

Undisregard the request for more PMs, send them to CS ASAP!!! We need more time!!!

DS, I would unvote GC and vote you, but then we'd have the possibility of four lynches! So, I'll
unvote: GC
and
vote Werebear
to have a big majority, but I'll have a HUGE
FOS: Dragon Slayer
for trying to end the day this early. (Plus, your new sig is evil.) I will switch my vote to DS as soon as that four-lynch possibility disappears.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #140 (isolation #19) » Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:00 am

Post by Gaspode »

I will follow Werebear and ambic and
unvote: Werebear
and
vote: GC
. Not only do I like ambic's idea and agree with Polotet, I believe that it's smarter to follow two role claims (ambic and werebear) than just one (GC). Plus, [Mini 15 joke] GC is
very
dangerous with a gun[/Mini 15 joke] :)
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #157 (isolation #20) » Sun Dec 15, 2002 4:19 pm

Post by Gaspode »

On a different note, what about the docs? I say we hope that there are 2 docs and find a way to determine who protects ambic and who protects werebear. Maybe we should do something based on who comes first alphabetically, something with their name, or something like that? I can't find a way to do this without us knowing who at least one doc is, but we should think about this problem.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #163 (isolation #21) » Mon Dec 16, 2002 1:03 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Jeep, I never meant for the docs to come out. I just wanted to get the docs thinking about who to protect. I think your coin-flipping idea is the only way to do it. Docs, do what Jeep said.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #178 (isolation #22) » Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:33 pm

Post by Gaspode »

AAAARGH! :evil: We are all so stupid! How did we get a three-way lynching tie? :cry: AAAARGH! Well, we'd better wait to find out what ambic, Lucresia, and Werebear have to say before we vote.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #184 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 01, 2003 3:15 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Werebear, are you going to tell us what Mikegoo was, or just keep us in suspense for the rest of the game?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #199 (isolation #24) » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:10 am

Post by Gaspode »

Hi, everyone, sorry for my silence. I've been very busy, w/ New Years and school and everything. So, here's the long-awaited post:

I hate to claim something that's very similar to another claimed role, but it's the truth, so what can I do. I'm a Psychic. Every time someone dies, I get an email from the mod telling me what their alignment was. This is what I have so far:

mathcam-innocent
Corsato-innocent
mikegoo-innocent
Polotet-innocent
BigFella-mafia
Green Crayons-mafia

So, as you can see, ambic's results were right on target, alignment-wise. Unfortunately, that doesn't prove either of us innocent. If ambic is mafia, he knows who is and isn't scum and could just make up roles, which I can't verify. If I was mafia, I could do the same thing. Since his role seems super-powerful, and because there's a similar, less powerful one (me) I'll
FOS: ambic

I don't fully believe Jeep's role claim, either. I think that 3 is a lot of docs for a game like this, especially since we have so many pro-town roles already claimed. So,
FOS: Jeep

Like, ambic, I am considering the possibility of a no-lynch. I think we all agree that there is only one mafia left in town. If werebear investigates one of the unknowns tonight (I suggest ambic, but that's just me) we'll have that much more info tomorrow. If we're lucky, Jeep really is a doc, and all six of us will come back tomorrow.

So, there it is. Any questions, comments, etc?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #200 (isolation #25) » Fri Jan 03, 2003 10:12 am

Post by Gaspode »

Oh, and Jeep, if you are a doc, I say you should protect Werebear, because then we'll have our claimed cop tomorrow, another role, and at least a 4-1 advantage over the mafia.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #207 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 04, 2003 5:49 pm

Post by Gaspode »

DS, my only excuse is that I'm a psychic. I don't know what else to do. Lynch me if you want--you have ambic (or so you think). But tomorrow you will hear (or read, actually) those dreaded words from ambic "well, he was telling the truth." You're just hurting yourselves. But look on the bright side--at least you'll still have a 4-1 advantage on the mafia tomorrow. But if you believe ambic the whole time, you'll all die.

But wait! Before you lynch me, I have one last desperate attempt to prove my innocence. I just have to email/pm the mod to make sure it's allowed. So give me a day or so, and I might be able to save an innocent psychic (me, obviously).
MOD, PLEASE ANSWER MY EMAIL/PM ASAP SO I DON'T GET LYNCHED!

I'd vote ambic, but that would go against everything we as a town agreed upon during Day 1, so just
Huge vote-like FOS: ambic
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #214 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:38 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I haven't gotten a reply yet. 8O
MOD: HURRY UP!!!!!
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #215 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 12:59 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Actually, I just checked my pm box. The pm is still in my outbox. :? But I did send an email at the same time...is he away?

I'll send him another email now, and if I don't get an answer soon I just might do it anyway. I'm pretty sure it's allowed (something similar was used in another game), but I don't really know how strict CS is about that stuff.

Sorry about this.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #217 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:32 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Ok. Have talked to the mod, and I'm sort of allowed to do what I want to do.

I am going to take a page from Green Crayons' (or GARM's, I can't remember which) book and try a similar trick to what he did in Discworld mafia. Ambic, did CS give your role a sort of "label" towards the end of his post that could also apply to my role (for example a ______ role)? If so, what is it?

If you are correct, then we have verified each other's innocence. If you are not correct, the I know you are scum.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #218 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 06, 2003 2:35 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I wrote:If you are not correct, the I know you are scum.

The "the" is a "then", BTW.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #237 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 09, 2003 3:14 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I don't know what you mean by "come up with", Werebear. Anyway, Ambic, answer my question and try to find another hint, then we can clear each other.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #246 (isolation #32) » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:11 pm

Post by Gaspode »

People, if I was scum, don't you think that I would've thought of an evil schem to "prove" my innocence? I don't have one because I am a psychic and have no reason to lie.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #247 (isolation #33) » Fri Jan 10, 2003 5:12 pm

Post by Gaspode »

Idea: (I'm sure you'll find something wrong with this, but) Why don't we spare me today and
I'll
be the first to report tomorrow, and ambic can verify me?
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #250 (isolation #34) » Sat Jan 11, 2003 8:59 am

Post by Gaspode »

Please do what I ask. I really am a psychic. If you don't believe me, then when ambic wins by killing all of you, I will say "I told you so" in huge, bold letters. (BTW, I believe ambic is mafia because he didn't answer my question in addition to all my reasons. Relevant or not, I want an answer so that at least I would know what side he's on.)
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #263 (isolation #35) » Mon Jan 13, 2003 2:02 pm

Post by Gaspode »

FOOLS! :evil:
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #273 (isolation #36) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:47 am

Post by Gaspode »

I didn't believe ambic. I agree with you, the role seemed way too powerful and easy to lie about.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #277 (isolation #37) » Tue Jan 14, 2003 12:19 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I've just been thinking a bit more, and I forgot to say
I TOLD YOU SO!
:P

I know it doesn't count 100%, since ambic really was town, but you should have known that I was telling the truth. What idiot of a mafioso would claim a role that had already been claimed? Your lynch was much too easy to decide on to be the right choice. You all know you subconsciously made up your mind to lynch me before I claimed. Plus, there were better candidates (Mr. Ambic Super-role and Jeep the extra doc, for example).

Anyway, good game to everybody. I'm done venting. I was not without mistakes, either, believe it or not. :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”