Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 4:40 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

I can just see the roleclaims in this one. "I'm Silent Bob" "You can't be Silent Bob! You're talking!"
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:43 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Two seemingly random votes against me? Must not be my lucky day.

I'm curious as to what abilities, if any, Serendipity and Glick would have had. I'm pretty sure Serendipity would have been very useful, but I'm not so sure about Glick (seeing as he basically started the whole mess in the movie by creating the dogmatic loophole). Still, they were both good guys in the movie, and good guys dead = bad for town.
Beaudoin responds: "Hey! Well, no hard feeling, I guess. Since 2 is greater than 3, I'll help y'all string up Medicated Lain" -jeep, Minigame 20
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 4:31 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

Just so I know, can anyone please tell me why they're voting for me as opposed to, oh, Trevize? Because 4 random votes is, well, quite a lot.

What I'm curious about is Trevize's comment about the Golgotha Shit Demon being a serial killer. Not necessarily for the GSD part of it (my initial reaction to the death was that it was the GSD), but that it is the serial killer. Maybe Trevize knows something we don't?
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 01, 2003 5:58 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

Here are the roles that we can fairly safely assume A) exist and B) are evil:

Bartelby and Loki (the two renegade angels)
Azrael (an angel that was cast out of heaven after the Great War in Heaven, and the person manipulating Bartelby and Loki)
Golgotha Shit Demon (a demon made out of shit)

However, there's some question on what the division of evil is. The GSD was sent by Azrael to kill the good guys (if I remember correctly). So we could have a mafia containing the fallen angels (Bartelby, Loki, and Azrael) and a GSD SK, which makes sense from a pure game perspective, or a mafia containing Bartelby and Loki, and a second containing Azrael and the GSD, if we follow the movie and use the logic that the GSD wouldn't kill its own master AND that Bartelby and Loki did not know they were being used, or the true consequences of their goals, until the end of the movie.

Also, can we hit the suspects over the head with Cardinal Glick's golf clubs? I mean, they are instruments of God. [/joke]
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #35 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 03, 2003 6:17 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Chiromancer wrote:but he's not reacting like a normal bandwagoned good Town role would (Aah! Eek! Uncle! Get off me! Cop! Cop! COOOOPPPPPPP!)...instead, we're getting 'helpful' information and a cool, logical "er, why is this bandwagon on me? I don't think I've done anything suspicious."

That's because it's the way I tend to play. Whether good or evil, you don't want to look suspicious, and I see people going "Eek! Uncle! Get off!" as suspicious. Therefore, I don't do that.

But you want a roleclaim? I'm John Doe Jersey, the old guy the triplets beat up at the beginning of the movie. I wasn't told that I house God, but he did tell me that I had a couple of night "protections". He hadn't told me what these "protections" were, but I'm guessing they have strings attached (i.e. a comatose state, weakened defenses against lynchings, etc.).
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 04, 2003 4:56 pm

Post by Beaudoin »

rite wrote:God isn't getting to get killed. I have a feeling that the "protections" he is talking about apply to himself-- for a while, at least, he's not going to be able to die.

Yeah, that's what I meant. And like I said, my protections most likely have stipulations on them (if I'm attacked, then I'm told I can't speak the next day, or it only takes half the votes necessary to lynch me, etc). In the movie, John Doe Jersey was attacked in the first 5 minutes by Azrael's triplet thugs, but didn't die and was put on life support. Thus, with my being attacked I most likely would be weakened in some way. Also, I wasn't told I was protected from lynches, only night kills.

I don't know about everyone else, but I don't think you wouldn't be told the main part of your role/ability

Whereas I've learned not to trust deceptively simple roles in theme games. Besides, one could argue that my night protection *was* the main part of my role. The possible stipulations are just flavor that meshes well with my role and the theme.
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #59 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 11, 2003 5:33 am

Post by Beaudoin »

ambic wrote:Right - this game should be a cruise I imagine. How many characters from the film (i havent seen it) can we list.

If there are less than 20 then we have it made. The mafia cant claim without taking an already taken role thus creating duplicates or by picking very unlikely side characters.

But I havent seen the movie, and I dont care to. How many characters could there be?

Not counting the evil characters, oh...around 10 or so. Also,
vote: Night Stalker
. Admittedly, we've all been really quiet, but I'd like to hear a little more from him.
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:34 am

Post by Beaudoin »

I, personally, would like to hear from Polotet. Throughout yesterday, he didn't really say anything, only did actions and made votes without explanation. The possibilities?

1) He's evil, and was banking on doing this in the hope of a Silent Bob roleclaim if he ever got enough votes. Since Silent Bob is now dead, that plan is shot all to hell.
2) He's God, or some other role that would forbid him to speak. Unlikely.
3) He was silenced night one, and was not able to do anything other than actions and votes. Highly unlikely, as he also did an action for his confirmation, which was after I made my little SB roleclaim joke. Plus, if a person is silenced, they usually are not allowed to post at all.

Vote: Polotet
Speak up. At least, if you are allowed to.
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #91 (isolation #8) » Sat Mar 01, 2003 7:49 am

Post by Beaudoin »

Not sure if you were referring to "she" as in Polotet or God, but Polotet is a guy.
Beaudoin
Beaudoin
Watcher
Beaudoin
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #100 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 08, 2003 10:00 am

Post by Beaudoin »

I really would have to say this game was heavily biased towards the mafia. One of two cops was not allowed to actually talk during the day, and did not recieve regular results anyway (I'm assuming you meant *I* was the one who was supposed to be in hell).

I can't believe you actually bought my roleclaim, though. John Doe Jersey *snigger*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”