Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:50 am

Post by Rathyr »

I don't think you people understand.
EVEN if we all vote "no lynch", someone will still be lynched!

Didn't you read the rules of this game? If there is no lynch decision, someone will be lynched randomly by the mod!

We have to vote someone for the small chance that they may be scum.

It's hard, but we have to do it.

I'm going to
Vote: Romanus
for pure stupidity and shortsightedness, or scumyness (Trying to confuse and befuddle the townies with misinformation.), whichever one is more valid, given that I do not know his roll.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:55 am

Post by Rathyr »

Oh, and Patrick is absolutely correct.

(Another thing: votes cause conversation. Conversation is good. Conversation helps us find the scum. Without conversation, the scum would just have to wait for night and we would be helpless to stop them.

Conversation, and by extention, votes, are the basis of this game.

I just thought some of you should think about this before declaring votes are evil and scummy. Ou contraire, no votes are scummy. (Or at least misinformed.) These are the reasons that experienced players shy away from the whole "No lynch" thing.)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:58 am

Post by Rathyr »

Arafax wrote:
Vote Counts

Brutal Assassin's Fate:
Keep: 3 (mikanoff, lordy, Romanus)
Replace: 3 (Bacde, wolfsbane, sprontalic)
This vote will be determined at 9:00 pm tonight option. If the replacement option has the most votes, a replacement will be effective Wednesday the 12th.

No Lynch: 2 (mikanoff, Romanus)
Mikanof : 2 (Patrick, wolfsbane)
spectrumvoid: 1 (lordy)
Sprontalic: 1 (Bacde)
Joker: 1 (spectrumvoid)
lordy: 1 (TheEyeofMordor)
Bacde: 1 (sprontalic)
Romanus wrote:MOD: does the day end with majority votes or just when you have predetermined. I figure the latter but just want to make sure.
The Day will end at the pre-determined deadline. The lynch of the day will be whoever has the most votes at that time, whether it is 1 vote or 12 votes.
Hey, I voted Romanus.

And about the end time... (9:00 pm) What time zone?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:00 am

Post by Rathyr »

spectrumvoid wrote:After reading all the posts (I was sick today so I missed most of it I think), I believe Romanus is the most scummy. Two possibilities:

1) His intentionally misleading others. He's probably hoping to get a random lynch... then pray like mad he isn't the one.

2) He's an idiot. If he's a stupid townie, he should die too!

So for the above reasons,
Romanus

*prods mod* I think we need frequent vote counts.

Bandwagoner! (oo, so blatent.)

But I agree with you, since all of the points are mine.

However,
for you shameful blatency,
(Small)FoS:spectrumvoid
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:03 am

Post by Rathyr »

spectrumvoid wrote:Oh I forgot to add that I didn't know voting no lynch means a lynch still occurs. I think this is the 1st game that I've played where voting no lynch was allowed. (I'm still a newbie on this forum.)

And because I forgot...
unvote joker

vote Romanus

vote replace

Stupid firefox doesn't have the bold thing. I have to manually type [ b ] and [ /b ]
Er, voting no lynch is always* allowed, it's just really stupid.

Also, to anyone who hasn't bothered to read the rules and conditions for this game (At top of page one)
do so now!

*Normally.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:04 am

Post by Rathyr »

PS. I agree that stupid townies should (often) die. They are a liability. I know several who singlehandedly killed the town, even though they were townies.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:17 am

Post by Rathyr »

..Sigh... If I were you, mikanoff, I would not vote Patrick. The key is to vote the most scummy person, or if not that, the least useful person. I find Patrick neither scummy nor unhelpful. (aka reclusive and/or unintelligent)

Are you trying to help us win, or are you trying for revenge?

Think about it before you make any other stupid mistakes and wild, pointless votes.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:25 am

Post by Rathyr »

Ah. I see. Still, no lynch is not the way to go. We must vote the most scummy and hope they are scum. Even if we are wrong, we will have narrowed it down. Believe me, a no lynch is a scum's dream.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:53 am

Post by Rathyr »

I see your point, but keep in mind, you
are
still voting no lynch, which is a very scummy thing to do, for the reasons listed above.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:44 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:
Rathyr wrote:I see your point, but keep in mind, you
are
still voting no lynch, which is a very scummy thing to do, for the reasons listed above.
Rathyr, I voted Patrick...
I was talking about you voting Patrick.

I am not so selfish I only defend myself. Patrick seems to me like a good, well-meaning, scum hunting townie.

Of course, maybe he is a devilishly clever mafia scum, but I doubt it.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:47 am

Post by Rathyr »

Brutal Assassin wrote:Might be too late, but I'm being told I should have internet access while I'm down there, at least for every day but one.

I think the best way to go about this game is keeping the no lynch option at an even level (Or one higher) than the currently most suspicious person until we're certain that is the lynch we'd like to take. That way we don't get any unexpected quick lynches and thus pro-town kills, but we can pressure players into claims and slip ups because at any given time one of the no lynchers could add their vote and put so and so on the chopping block. By everyone just jumping on bandwagons, we risk losing a pro-town the very first day, and later on we'll inevitably screw up a vote and send a pro-town'er packing in a tie. It is just bound to happen in a game of this nature.
I disagree. These are risks we have to take, especially on day one. There will be time for reflecting and philosophizing and whatnot later on.

Like I said:
No lynch is not good. Ever. Unless you are scum.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:17 pm

Post by Rathyr »

OK. First let me get somethings in order.

Unvote: Romanus

Because you seem to be understanding things a little better now, of course, you could just be a clever mafia, but that is always a possibility. (And I seem to say that about everyone I unvote.)

Also,
Vote: Keep
for BA, because he seems to be here, and he is contributing to the game.

Now, Mikanoff. You don't get it. We can't just sit back and hope everything will sort itself out. We have to act. The mafia are
coming to get us.
A townie will die
this night.
Why do you keep defending your worthless "no lynch"? You could just be stupid, but I'm not going to take that chance. (Of course, in the absence of mafia to lynch, it is good to weed out the "stupid townies" (I think that is covered in the wiki somewhere, but I'm not sure.) I mean, look at our mod's signature. He has it right.)

In conclusion, I am afraid I am going to have to
vote: Mikanoff.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:21 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Patrick wrote:
Vote: Keep Brutal Assassin

@Rathyr: I find your defence of me interesting. While you're correct, I'm just wondering if there is some buddying up going on here.
Ha. I thought you (and other players) might think this when I defended you. But no, I am not buddying up to you. What would be the point? I just don't want one of the commonsense-endowed players to be lynched on day one by a crazy mob, even though you may not last the night.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:22 pm

Post by Rathyr »

(And no, tha's not buddying up either. :P )
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:17 pm

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:Rathyr, if you want to lynch stupid townies or scum, you should vote yourself :)
Er, no, you see, that wouldn't work because I know I am not scum.

The point is to lynch someone and hope that they are scum, not to lynch a townie. Any townie that gets lynched had better be lynched by accident.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:19 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Also, mind explaining
why
you think Patrick is scum? Because his first vote was you? That is not a valid reason. First votes are just to get the game going and rarely have solid (If any) evidence to support them.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #16) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:22 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Also, mind explaining
why
you think Patrick is scum? Because his first vote was you? That is not a valid reason. First votes are just to get the game going and rarely have solid (If any) evidence to support them.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #17) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Oops. Sorry for the double post. I have been having some server errors from this site today.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #18) » Mon Jul 10, 2006 3:18 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Hey, let's not be vindictive. You don't lynch someone because they made an honest mistake. The way you sound, it seems like you think townies know instinctively who the scum are.

You just happen to seem the most scummy to me right now, with the little evidence we have.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (isolation #19) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:34 am

Post by Rathyr »

sprontalic wrote:Wow the game's really taken off. Lots of catching up for me to do.

Anyway rereading the thread I found some strange things.
Rathyr wrote:I don't think you people understand.
EVEN if we all vote "no lynch", someone will still be lynched!

Didn't you read the rules of this game? If there is no lynch decision, someone will be lynched randomly by the mod!
I know we're past the no lynch issue, but in the context of when this was written i think it screams scum. I mean Where the hell did you find this from...the mod didn't say it, no one said it. What the hell?
This can't simply be ignorance. The only discussion going on then was the whole no lynch thing and I'm sure I'd posted my thoughts on whether a lynch was still going to occur in spite of a no lynch (99.99999% sure of what I had said at that stage). Now why would you ignore that and still say something stupid like that?
Like you said, we are past this. I incorrectly interpreted the rules, but that was all cleared up by the mod. For a while there, I was wondering why "everyone but me was so stupid". I guess that should have told me something. :lol:
I'm tempted to say that his saying "didn't you read the rules" is an attempt at making his post sound convincing and genuine. Unfortunately I'd already read the rules prior to that (and I"m sure many others who was also involve in the prior no lynch discussion would've also) and no where does it say a no lynch = random lynch. I think his post is an obvious ploy to mislead us in order for us to make a lynch anyway.
See above.

Rathyr wrote:We have to vote someone for the small chance that they may be scum.

It's hard, but we have to do it.
You know that yet you still presist in saying that we should make a lynch. Small chance means highly unlikely...I ask why take that chance? That's just as bad as leaving the mod to do a random lynch (ok not quite as bad...but heck you're relying on instinct then, which just as bad as random). The way you post it makes me think that you're very happy with sacraficing a townie for a small chance at a scum lynch. Sounds fine...except for the fact that you're leaving it mostly to chance...which doesn't help anyone in this game. And the fact that you're willing to place one of us on the line for it I find highly suspicious.
Many people have explained this in previous posts. I suggest you read some of them.
Note: I never suggested to play no lynch as the majority vote...only enough so that 2-3 votes won't be enough to lynch someone outright. Such accidental majorities would basically mean we're just going for a random lynch which as I said helps no one. This set up also means that we can see who makes late vote changes simply so that someone (most likely townie) will be lynched. THAT is what will give us vital information.
Quite correct.
Spectrumvoid (regarding post 26)
: How was Romanus being stupid. He's trying to work out the best way to got through day 1 when we have absolutely no information. Unlike you he's not making baseless accusations.

Rathyr (post 30)
: No lynch is bad in every other game except this one. When we have an unknown deadline I'm sure no one is comfortable with letting a random lynch happen. A random lynch means it's out of our control...which is bad for everyone.
There are three possible things that could happen:

1) We vote and lynch a scum. (This is good)

2) We vote and lynch a townie. (This is bad)

3) We vote "no lynch" and lynch no one. (This is not good because it gives us no information and leaves us in the same position in day two, unless the mafia do something really stupid, which we cannot count on.)

Note: Priorities. Our overall goal should be to win the game, not save as many townies as possible. The point is to win, as this is only a game. Dead townies still win with the town. Just thought I might point this out.

Also, could you be a little more clear about the point of your post? What do you want to do? Vote no lynch? You say that is not what you want, and yet you complain about voting without "solid evidence" which is something we will never really have, especially on day one. So, what would you have us do?
mikanoff (post 32)
: That was just random :roll: and rather stupid.

Rathyr (post 36)
: I think scum would prefer a random lynch than no lynch. Since they are the minority the random lynch will most likely be a town lynch. If we get a random lynch then scum scores a town kill without instilling ANY suspicion on themselves. The mod has just done their job for them.
Still, they would have to be very risky and impatient, aka stupid, to want such a thing.
BA (post 43)
: I disagree. I think we should only have enough no lynches to prevent any random votes from being processed. I think 4-6 votes would mean someone is acting rather scummy (or something wanting to score a quick lynch.) This maximises our chances of lynching scum while minimising townie loss. (If a quick lynch occurs...we'll have a clear target for D2)
Time is running out! We may have five days left, or five minutes! This is 100 mph mafia, not sunny-day-in-the-bloody-park mafia!

Rathyr (post 45)
: I seems to me like you're continually advocating risk. Calculated risk is fine...but uncalculated risk is what will bring us down. The impression I get is that you're willing to take any risk even if it's the latter. I'm getting the feeling that you're being too complacent with random lynches which I believe is not good for the town.
See above.
BA (post 46)
: I think that's fine. If they do that they expose themselves as scum which is good for all protown players since we then get a huge D2 target.

Joker (post 54)
: This isn't an ordinary game where we get forever to decide whether to lynch or no lynch. Once again I implore you not to forget we have a deadline that is unknown to us.

Rathyr (post 68)
:
Any townie that gets lynched had better be lynched by accident.
You said this...in spite of that fact that earlier you were happy to sacrafice to townie for a small chance at a scum lynch. That is very contradictory and suspicious.
Yes, but I'm not saying "We should lynch a townie." I am saying we should lynch a scum, and lynching a townie by accident is a risk we have to take.

======================================================

That concludes my analysis of what's happened so far. From what I see Rathyr has been constantly misleading and seems very lynch happy. His contradictory post 68 adds to my suspicion of him.
1) It's not contradictory. You misinterpreted it, see above.

2) "Constantly misleading?" Where did this come from? Care to give some examples?
unvote: Bacde
vote: Rathyr

Also from what I can see mikanoff is being either lurky (making posts with little substance) or being very unhelpful indeed. so
FOS: Mikanoff

And how do those votes fit in with your argument? They don't they fit in with mine. I see you're not quite as conservative as you'd like us to believe.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:36 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:Let me explain this vote change. I am going to change to Mikeanoff for the simple reason of survival. I have a chance of being randomly lynched, but if I cast my vote this way, Mikeanoff dies, and I get to live. I think the best strategy for the town is to keep me alive, because I am awesome. However much you disagree with this, I believe I am a useful townie and don't want to die. It may be a biased opinion ,but I know I am a townie, and I am less certain of Mikeanoff. The rules of this particular game mandate that I do this.

unvote; VOTE: Mikeanoff
You are an arrogant bastard :P but I understand and agree with your resoning. If I had an FoS on you (I don't remember and I won't bother to check right now.) I'm taking it off.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #21) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:41 am

Post by Rathyr »

TheEyeOfMordor wrote:
unvote, vote wolfsbane

This is just my instinct kicking in for now, I will need to reread soon and then I will have more concrete opinions. romanus, why only mention me when lordy has posted less and Bacde(I think) as well?
What??? Your
"instinct"?

BigFoS: TheEyeOfMordor
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:48 am

Post by Rathyr »

sprontalic wrote:Since everyone's being saying the no lynch idea is "anti town" and "bad logic" I will post this "guide" for you all with indepth analysis of what I was suggesting. As such I will call this

The Dummies guide to no-lynch in 100MPH mafia

This method although seemingly antitown and stupid actually serves as a safety net in which the town can fall on in times of 'suspicion drought'. The way in which this mechanism works allows a no-lynch to be executed allowing the players to steer away from the highly dreaded random lynch that will occur in the event of tied votes at the end of the deadline.
There is no suspicion "drought"!

You, for example, are providing me with plenty.

However, you may just be stupid, so I'm not going to vote you. Yet.

At the moment, I'm going to
unvote: Mikanoff
because I think he is just being noobie, and perhaps "mislead", as you are so fond of saying.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #23) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:50 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:Patrick I am newbie in this forum, I have been for a long time. When we star a match at day, always there ara people like you, they insult some players and say is necessary to lynch somebody to don't give advantage scum... and always an innocent is lynched...

No lynch the first day give advantage scum, but to lynch an innocent... give them a bery big advantage... and I suspect than an pro-town will be lynched this day.

ROMANUS, you are voted me for survival reasons... it seem me an cowardly attitude. I'm still vote Patrick because I think he is scum....

ah, I forgot this... when Sprontalic voted Rathyr, right off Wolfsbane and Patrick voted Sprontalic... It's supictious, I remember this later...

Ah, you won't say me more times that no lynch help scum... I repeat I voted Patrick because I think he's scum.
Please clarafy. Why do you think Patrick is scum? I believe I asked you this before, and "I think he is scummy" is not a real answer.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #24) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:54 am

Post by Rathyr »

Brutal Assassin wrote:Having said it before, and having had it reaffirmed by math, I confirm my earlier vote of NO LYNCH so that it may be supported and be the dominant vote. Please someone hear us out on this, it is the LOGICAL thing to do when pressed for time, unable to push everyone.

Vote No Lynch
We are going to be pressed for time this whole game! It's only going to get worse as we lose more players! Day one is the easiest, most relaxed time we're ever going to have in this game!

Get with it already!

Also, you and Mr. Sprontalic keep not factoring scummyness into you little equations. It's not like rolling dice; We vote for who we think is the scummiest.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (isolation #25) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:57 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
unvote

vote sprontalic

I'm afraid he could be town but he is advocating anti-town strategy.

Day 1 lynches are not anti-town, they are pro-town. Sometimes they may seem very unhelpful but they are not random. Neither the buildup nor the result is random. Yes, pro-town players are often lynched. Sometimes 2 or 3 days in a row! And yet, sometimes the town still wins. Funny how that works. You see, later on, the survivors look back at what happened today, tonight, tomorrow, etc. It helps immensely.

Do not fear the lack of perfection of the Day 1 lynch. Do not fear the lynch.

If you want to fear anything, fear ties. Then, break the tie.

Here's a simple but effective strategy for all Mafia games: vote for someone you most suspect of being scum, and
explain why

In this game, the only difference is an unknown lynch deadline. So, play faster. And, we are doing that.

So far, so good.
Damn right. Everything here is true.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #26) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:04 am

Post by Rathyr »

Brutal Assassin wrote:
Regarding My Change of Stance

To be honest, I didn't read spronts post very closely as I was in a hurry, and having re-read it I can't agree with what is being said. There are some holes in the logic as I look it over again.

That being said, I've also been a supporter of having a no lynch to fall back on since the begining. The statement previously quoted was my saying that high pressure situations in which we toss people under the guilotine will result in some stupid claims made by scared pro-town players.

I find it sad that we've bandwagoned and came off of 3 people without claims today though, as that means we've put 3 people in direct risk and then taken them off the chopping block based on just how they defended themselves. We have no hard evidence on those people for next round. Thus, we've essentially wasted the majority of Day 1 in "clearing" people by changing bandwagons every time someone defends themselves.

With that, I will leave my vote on No Lynch so that Spron can defend himself and in the case of a vote change we can fall back on No Lynch instead of being stuck lynching someone at random. I don't like random lynches, nor do I like bandwagoning random people to get them to talk in a game where the whole "3rd, 4th vote" tell means nothing.
Here's a better idea. Don't vote. Not voting is smarter than no lynching. (I am talking only to you, I am not saying we should all not vote, just in case anyone was planning to jump on me for a technicality. Coughcoughsprontaliccoughcough.)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #27) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:08 am

Post by Rathyr »

Brutal Assassin wrote:All it takes is a couple people on the current bandwagon switching to no lynch and we have that as a fall back plan instead of needing everyone to randomly pick someone.
A no lynch is not a good fallback plan!
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #28) » Tue Jul 11, 2006 1:27 pm

Post by Rathyr »

For the third time, why do you suspect Patrick?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #29) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:38 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:
mikanoff wrote:First, Patrick said that I didn't pay attention to game.
Later, he said that he was wrong, and he voted me because I voted no lynch right off... but other people voted no lynch before me!!!!!
Rathyr. For this reason I suspect Patrick. What's more, my intuition say me Patrick is scummy.

And you seem worry about my suspect... you always defend Patrick...
I will defend anyone you attack who I think is not scum. Especially when you give worthless, outdated reasons for your attack.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:38 am

Post by Rathyr »

That is what seems the most scummy to me.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:40 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:
mikanoff wrote:First, Patrick said that I didn't pay attention to game.
Later, he said that he was wrong, and he voted me because I voted no lynch right off... but other people voted no lynch before me!!!!!
Rathyr. For this reason I suspect Patrick. What's more, my intuition say me Patrick is scummy.

And you seem worry about my suspect... you always defend Patrick...
Also, I only asked you three times for your reasoning because you didn't give it to me, even though you kept saying Patrick felt scummy to you. I already told you this.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:30 am

Post by Rathyr »

sprontalic wrote:
Rathyr wrote:Also, could you be a little more clear about the point of your post? What do you want to do? Vote no lynch? You say that is not what you want, and yet you complain about voting without "solid evidence" which is something we will never really have, especially on day one. So, what would you have us do?
Sorry about the lack of clarification. Basically what I think consitutes a justified vote is if one has 5+ votes. Maybe for good or bad reason...but either way if he has that many votes obviously they've done something wrong. But I don't feel comfortable with lynching someone on say 1-2 votes...I think that's very unfair for them since it's almost like a crossfire kill then.
And I'm not advocating an outright vote for no lynch...just enough so random 1/2 voters wont die.
And what happens if we run out of time and don't have a concrete scum suspect?
Rathyr wrote:Still, they would have to be very risky and impatient, aka stupid, to want such a thing.
If there are 1/2 votes floating around though then no matter the situation they'll run the risk of being a lynchee eg in between bandwagons. It's not likely to happen but it might.
Rathyr wrote:lynching a townie by accident is a risk we have to take.
Yes but then you said then "any townie that gets lynched better be lynched by accident."

This could be just different interpretations of the word accident but I'm just nitpicking here.
Ac-ci-dent: An unexpected and undesirable event, especially one resulting in damage or harm: car accidents on icy roads.
Rathyr wrote:And how do those votes fit in with your argument? They don't, they fit in with mine. I see you're not quite as conservative as you'd like us to believe.
Taking the posts at their literal face value did show up some contradictions (eg the accidental townie lynch thing.)

And as if I'm being conservative lol.
again, that was not a contradiction. See above.
Rathyr wrote:There is no suspicion "drought"!
read the fourth comment of this reply.
Rathyr wrote:Ok, I think I see how this is going to work. Let's say some er..."innocent townie" is bandwagoned. He says "I'm not scum". Then suddenly a player or two jumps off the bandwagon and votes no lynch. Or maybe a few other "trustworthy townies" vote no lynch. The "innocent townie" is cleared and safe. Yea! the system worked. Nothing suspicious at all here...carry on...
If we're stupid enough to believe something by face value...maybe we don't deserve the lynch anyway.
Hey!
I didn't write that! Why did you quote that as me? What are you getting at?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:32 am

Post by Rathyr »

Ah. OK. Wolfsbane cleared that up.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:35 am

Post by Rathyr »

sprontalic wrote:I'm defending "BA's pro-scum idea" because it was my idea...get your facts straight before you start accusing anyone.
Get you quotes straight before accusing someone.[/quote]

unvote
vote: Wolfsbane
[/quote]

Look folks! A new bandwagon! :roll:
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #35) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:36 am

Post by Rathyr »

sprontalic wrote:I'm defending "BA's pro-scum idea" because it was my idea...get your facts straight before you start accusing anyone.
Get your quotes straight before accusing someone.
unvote
vote: Wolfsbane
Look folks! A new bandwagon! :roll:
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #36) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:44 am

Post by Rathyr »

spectrumvoid wrote:
Patrick wrote:Ok guys.. this game is going at breakneck speed, so maybe a few just need to chill a second.

Amen.

My thoughts...

1) Eye of Mordor may not really have a lack of posting. What's your time zone EoM? For me, it's like every time I wake up I have 2 pages to go through... But then again, you do need to post more. Same for lordy.
Agreed.
2) I'd like to know who's experienced and who's next.
I have played about three games in reality and I was replaced a third of the way through noobie game 236, which is still going.
3) I never really thought Sprontalic was scum. His reasons for voting the way he did were logical town behaviour. Mike I'm not so sure of for reasons I mentioned in my earlier post.

4) Compared to Joker + sprontalic, I think rathyr and patrick are more believable scum partners. Simply because rathyr keeps defending patrick.
Actually, to tell the truth, Mikanoff is providing a good way, through Patrick, to let me pressure him for what I feel is scummyness. Mikanoff strikes me as a little too odd.
5) I think we should stop harping on the no-lynch being town or anti-town issue. We already know that people like Wolfsbane think it's anti-town, and sprontalic think it's pro-town. I don't think whatever we (as in 12 of us) believe in reflects our roles in the game, it's more like a difference on personal opinion. For example, I believe no-lynch is pro-town in an ordinary game. (incidentally, because I calculated something like sprontalic's stats). But in this game, since there are so many posts, I think no-lynch is anti-town. This is my personal opinion, and I'm sure Brutal Assasin thinks otherwise. But we can't use that to show that BA or I are mafia or townie, because it's more like our own viewpoint.

removes FOS.
Fine. I can go with that.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #37) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:51 am

Post by Rathyr »

Er, I didn't vote you. I was quoting sprontalic.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #38) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:52 am

Post by Rathyr »

Damn.

Unvote: Wolfsbane

There you go.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #39) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:25 am

Post by Rathyr »

Ok. It's thoughts time.

TheEyeOfMordor:

Joker: Seems lurky, but that is probably because I post too much. :)

Also seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

spectrumvoid: I don't know what he strikes me as. Is that a bad thing?

sprontalic: Strikes me as nothing more than an idealistic beginner.

lordy: This is for you spron:
No lynch is retarded, because it's gonna randomly target all of us.
So by voting you are narrowing down the choiced the mod can take in potshoting lynches.

Read the rules, ladies. This is gonna be a fast game. We, as the town, need to keep our car from spiralling out of control.

In voting, you are keeping control of yourself, and the game.
Since you seem to care aboput this so much. It was he, not I, that originally "misenterpreted" this rule.

Romanus: Seems like a noobie, but one that learns very quickly. (Like myself, I fancy. (Oops. That makes me an arrogant bastard as well I guess. :) )) He is off my scummy list for now, but seems much to smart to be safe. :P If he really is scum, we're in for a hell of a time.

Brutal Assassin: Why does he assume there is a SK? He's a noobie too. Damn. There are a lot of noobs. (Myself included)

Patrick: Seems like a well-meaning and helpful townie.

wolfsbane: Seems to be what I call a wolfkiller. Like me, a wolfkiller is a townie whose main and only goal is to find and kill the wolves. (or mafia)

No matter that a wolfkiller may get killed on night one, as long as the wolves die, s/he is happy. The problem with playing the "wolfkiller" is that the town will sometimes take offence at his/her ruthlessness and apparent disregard for townie life when it comes to achieving the goal. (Winning the game.)

mikanoff: Just seems like a noobie to me. Gets overexcited when he is voted.

Bacde: Seems smart, but maybe that's a bad thing.

Arafax: He is the scummiest player in this game. He keeps posting the same thing, and is not helping at all. Plus he avoids attention.
:wink:
:lol:
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #40) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:26 am

Post by Rathyr »

Oops.

TheEyeOfMordor: Lurky and scummy. To me at least.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #41) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:07 pm

Post by Rathyr »

wolfsbane wrote:
Romanus wrote:....
I have to say that I am a little worried about the wagon that formed on Eye so quickly. I know that I was the one who kinda called him out, but damn, I didn't even FOS or anything. Right now I am tempted to just sit on a no vote, but votes are the power of the people. I can't say I have any concrete reasons right now, except for his jumping around, but there may be more, and I will post on it soon. I am going to

VOTE: Wolfsbane
Hmm...I now have two votes on me. One is "instinct" and the other is "no concrete reasons except for his jumping around" I wonder if this means we are on the right track with the EoM wagon. Maybe a few more votes would convince him to post something.
I'm game for that.

Vote: TheEyeOfMordor
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Well actually, he seems to have enough votes on him already.

Unvote: TheEyeOfMordor
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:10 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:Wolfsbane-- you are absolutely right, I did not think about the vote thing, and really that is all I had on you. I looked back and didn't see anything that would be worth bringing up, and nothing that adds up, especially with the vote hopping dealt with.

I am wary of this EyeofMordor wagon. We obviously have enough votes on him to make him come forward. I will reserve judgement till then. Not that one more vote would mean anything one way or the other.

To Rathyr -- you have been the wolf killer, the scum hunter, so you claim. And your posts do agree with this, or at least look like it, but your votes do not. I would like an explination. Your activity dictates that you need to be watched, so this incongruity needs to be addressed. Not pointing, not voting, just asking.

unvote

This will change shortly, but just not sure yet, and waiting on Eye.
Ok. I will look through this thread and make a list of all of my votes, then explain them.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:23 pm

Post by Rathyr »

OK. Here is a list of my votes for you Romanus.

1) Romanus [For supporting no lynch.]

2) Mikanoff [For supporting no lynch.]

3) Wolfsbane [This vote was accidental and was actually a failed quote belonging to sprontalic; it was removed immediately.]

4) TheEyeOfMordor. [Placed at Wolfsbane's suggestion, this vote was removed immediately after I found it was unnecessary. See posts for further clarification.]

Note: I currently have no vote.

Tada. There you go Romanus.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #45) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:To Rathyr -- you have been the wolf killer, the scum hunter, so you claim. And your posts do agree with this, or at least look like it, but your votes do not.
How so?
I would like an explination. Your activity dictates that you need to be watched, so this incongruity needs to be addressed.
Everyone needs to be watched, obviously.
Not pointing, not voting, just asking.
OK. Asking what? For an explanation of my votes. Well, I have given you one. Point out anything scummy that you find.

I'm waiting.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (isolation #46) » Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:19 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Ok. Sorry. Here we go, one post.

Why do I have so few votes?

One, because there is more than one person I find suspicious, and two, this is day one, and TEOM, who is the person I would probably vote, has four votes already.

Hope that answers your question.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #47) » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:06 am

Post by Rathyr »

Wow. I would never have thought Bacde. You realize this means we are dealing with at least on clever scum, so I think that rules out Mikanoff, except as a partner. (No offence or anything. You just strike me as a little too noobie.)

@Patrick: I've got some bad news for you. I may be wrong, but I have the feeling this day will be the shortest. I'm just guessing though, because that is how I would do it if I were in charge of this game. So be careful and concise.

@Everyone: Ok. Scum. I feel a little suspicious about Lordy, for lurking etc. Also, I am a little unnerved by Joker and Romanus, just because niether of them seems very open, and while he does contribute well, Joker isn't posting as much as I would like. He seems a little too laid back.

@Wolfbane: What? A strong bandwagon? Are you joking? This is a timed game you know.

And so: I'm going to
FoS:Lordy
but give him a chance to speak.

And
Vote: Wolfsbane
for his scummy post.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #48) » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:51 am

Post by Rathyr »

Yeah, ok. I see your point(s)

And as such, I will now
Unvote: Wolfsbane
and
Vote: Brutal Assassin
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #49) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:01 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:Patrick, my reasons are the same. I think you, Rathyr and Wolfsbaneare are scum... I gave you the reasons before and I won't change my idea...yet.
What? Why? Here is your post:
(And what's this about "yet"? Trying to sound mysterious, or are you looking for some sort of bribe?
Mikanoff's Post wrote:
Vote: Patrick
FOS: Rathyr
FOS: Wolfsbane
FOS: lordy

I always think Patrick is scum and I go on thinking. I am alomst sure.
Not a reason. Period. Cut it out. "I always think Patrick is scum" Whatever.
Rathyr always defend him
Oh dear, here we go again. I defend him because your downright idiocy and horrible ineptitude at speaking the English language offend me, as well as the fact that you will be a danger to intelligent players in the later stages of the game. What are you, six years old?

PS. It should be : "Rathyr
always defends
him."

I have read the thread and I have noticed he has jumped on every bandwagon.
Wait, I have? I have not. Learn to read.
I think lordy maybe be scum because Bacde voted his and now he's dead...
This is nothing more than you jumping on the Lordy bandwagon.
Now. Let's continue.
I see you understimate me, Patrick.... but I say yoy I am not a novice, I have played many games in other forums. I don't think I will be used by scum :)
So if you're not a noob, that leaves us four possible reasons for your childish behavior.

1) You are a child. I doubt this, six year olds rarely have access to a computer. Six year olds don't have the attention span for this sort of thing anyway.

2) You are downright stupid. (Townie) I sort of doubt this now. Stupid people are more open to suggestion. And what you are doing right now is not very townyish. If you were a stupid townie, I bet you would be jumping on every bandwagon you could find.

3) You are downright stupid. (Mafia) This seems more likely to me. You think you are clever, "casting suspicion on a townie" or whatever, but no. you are really just stupidly blundering your way from night to night, probably led on by a more intelligent scum partner.

4) You are reasonably intelligent. (Mafia) I think this is the most probable explanation. You hide behind your "stupid mask" (I notice you haven't taken offence at being called stupid over and over by various players.) and laugh to yourself as all the players dismiss you as too stupid to be scum. You know no one will vote Patrick for your non-existent "reasons" (Keeping him alive and unproven to be mafia or town, which is just how you like it. I bet as more people are slain and/or devoured, you will happily claim it is Patrick. Makes the perfect scapegoat, doesn't he?), but you know your stupidity mask will keep you safe from night to night. You are undoubtedly letting your scum partner do the more devious work during the day.

Also, I think Patrick and Rathyr are untouchables... why? They would be scum as anybody
What? This is where your English gets really bad. (I don't think this is part of a stupid mask, rather, he is from Russia or something and didn't bother to learn English as well as he should have.) Untouchables? If I understand correctly, what you mean is we don't look especially scummy, and a such we are "untouchable", aka un votable. Well, you voted Patrick and FoSed me, so I must have the wrong "translation", as it were.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #50) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:27 am

Post by Rathyr »

Oh, I almost forgot.

Unvote: Brutal Assassin

Mikanoff
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (isolation #51) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:32 am

Post by Rathyr »

Oops.

Vote: Mikanoff
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #52) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:58 am

Post by Rathyr »

You misunderstand. I am not accusing him because of his bad grammar, I am accusing him because this whole "stupid act" smells scummy to me. I mean, what has he done that is positive this whole game? Think about it. I urge everyone to go back and read all of his posts, and tell me what they think. I insulted him so much because he doesn't seem to care; further proof that this whole thing is an act.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #53) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:56 am

Post by Rathyr »

Aha! There!

Will you look at that.

Only
after I point out that he doesn't seem to care about being insulted (As, if I am correct, his "stupidity" makes a good coverup.) does he complain.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #54) » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:14 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:mmmm Reading the post: 140 144 147 148 I take advice of Patrick, Wolfsbane and Sprontalic had scummy behaviour. And int the post 180, 181 Rathyr had scummy behavior too.

They maybe be pro-mafia players, I think.
And what is scummy about posts 180 and 181? I voted TEOM because he was lurking and not helping, and then I unvoted him because I saw that while the other votees had one vote apiece, TEOM had four. I thought that if he replied and proved his innocence, he would be safe from me even if the deadline came before I could unvote him. (Which it did) And if he replied (or didn't) and proved to be scummy, he would die without my help.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #55) » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:19 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:Yes, we could be scummy, but not like scum partners. And when you see I am not scum, I hope you will lynch Patrick :)

I think Patrick, Sprontalic, Rathyr, Wolfsbane and Rathyr appear scummy, but one of then is a pro-town player, probably Rathyr, who is a "stupid scummy friend" lol
Hey mike, I'm amazed you don't think Joker, Spectrumvoid, Romanus, Brutal Assassin, Lordy, Pink Princess, and Arafax are scum too.

Also, do tell why you felt moved to list me twice.

And Mike, if you do turn out to have been a townie, which I doubt, all of us are just going to dislike you even more for throwing the game around like this and messing with us with your stubbornness, depriving us of the chance to lynch a real scum. It's not my fault, or Patrick's fault, or any one's fault but your own that you will probably be lynched.
mikanoff wrote:Patrick, I have gave you my reasons hundreds of times. I don't do it anytime more. You are lucky, the rest of townies believe in you, but the time put every player in his place... Mafia will win this game, I'm sure. And I won't be the culpable of this
You have not gave[sic] your reasons even once. Quote me an example, if you can.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #56) » Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:29 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:
Mod: I think the vote count is wrong. Wolfsbane switched his vote to BA.

This would put a tie on Mikanoff and Brutal Assassin. I could live with a coin flip between the two of them.

To those with some experience. How often have you seen scum partners go at each other in a game. I mean with fire and brimstone. I've seen it before, done by very good players. It has to be done well, but if it is, it can be deadly to the town. More often, especially on day 1, a battle that is heated is between townies, scum don't like the exposure that early, especially since they know they are wrong. Day 2 is different.

All of that is to indicate that both Patrick and Mikanoff appear scummy, but not like scum partners. I'm really not sure what to think of that. Not completely sure why I posted it. I do find it good to think out loud, sometimes, especially for others to see or hear. I just really don't know what the deal is there. I want to be inclined toward the townie vs townie. Anyway, it is the most likely. I still like my vote on BA, if you were looking for me to jump, you crazy, especially without another post by BA. I will not feel the least bit bad if he doesn't get to post again before his death. A claim is really not worth much. There is also no defense for the things he posted, only smoke and mirrors, distractions and misrepresentation. You can't defend it without looking more scummy. Every post by BA only makes me more convinced. I hope he posts again, a lot. It ought to be good.
BA is a fool anyway. No lynch? I can't believe him.

At the moment though, I think my vote belongs with Mr Mikanoff.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (isolation #57) » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:24 am

Post by Rathyr »

BA, before you start throwing accusations around, I suggest you read Mikanoff's posts. If you have, read them again. Then tell me what you think.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:25 am

Post by Rathyr »

And what about Sprontalic and Spectrumvoid?

(PS. Patrick, it's Sprontalic, not Sprontanic. :) )
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:49 am

Post by Rathyr »

Think what you like, Wolfsbane, but I am voting Mikanoff (I do not speak for the other voters.) because he is acting so stupidly and he seems so downright scummy. You are right about BA, but for now I will stick with Mikanoff; unless I see reason to change my vote. I don't think my voting for a scummy person = me protecting BA.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:14 am

Post by Rathyr »

Hey, I have a question, where the hell is Lordy?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:14 am

Post by Rathyr »

And Joker?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #62) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:16 am

Post by Rathyr »

PS (Sorry for the triple post) I don't want anyone reading "They must be lurking scum" into my two previous posts; I'm just wondering where they are.

You might say this is a disclaimer. :)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (isolation #63) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:16 am

Post by Rathyr »

Ehem. Fireworks?

:?

What do you mean?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #64) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:24 am

Post by Rathyr »

Ah, ok. Thanks.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #65) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:34 am

Post by Rathyr »

I know that if I were scum and he was my partner, by now I wouldn't care about what happens to him. I would just be intent on keeping him from dragging me with him, as it were.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #66) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:58 am

Post by Rathyr »

Patrick wrote:If you have some issue with the way I play, then just kill me tonight.
Ooh, the gloves come off.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (isolation #67) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:24 am

Post by Rathyr »

But really, what if he isn't scum? Back to the drawing board I guess.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #68) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:25 am

Post by Rathyr »

Vote Count wrote:
Vote Count

mikanoff : 6 (Romanus, sprontalic, Patrick, Rathyr, Spectrumvoid, Brutal Assassin)
Brutal Assassin: 3 (Joker, wolfsbane, mikanoff)

Not voting: lordy
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #69) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:21 am

Post by Rathyr »

Like who? Care to give some examples?

Remember, to me you look like Mikanoff's scum-buddy here to save his life. I'm not saying you are, I'd just like you to elaborate a bit more.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (isolation #70) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:40 am

Post by Rathyr »

In my oppinion:
Romanus wrote:Is it really a good idea to lynch a bad townie?
It depends, but if we are going to do it, we must do it "today".
Is Mik really a bad townie, or a very clever, but not clever enough scum?
Does it matter? Both are bad for the town.
If he stays around, he will always be on the radar, is that good or bad?
Yes, and that is bad.
His bad play in the end game could cost the town dearly. Without the doctor and cop, it isn't like we have much margin for error.
Very true.
Lynching a townie just because he is bad decreases the margin for error even further.
Yes, it does. We have to decide if it is worth it.
If Mik is just a bad townie
we lynch him now and put ourselves further in the hole.
We don't lynch him now he is a liability in the end game.
If Mik is just a bad scum
no down side to lynching him.
True, true, and true.
I really don't know what to do with this. I must sit with this for a while. Post later tonight. Others opinions would be nice.
Tada. There you go.

Everyone: How many scum do you think are in this game?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #71) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:46 am

Post by Rathyr »

Just thought I'd point this out: There are ten of us. Tomarrow there will be eight. If there are three mafia (Worst case senario; assuming mikanoff isn't scum, and that we lynch him. I like to plan for the worst.) that will leave us at five vs three. It will be lynch or lose. (Unless there is another Doc or something, which I doubt.)

In conclution, I say we can afford to lynch Mikanoff, but only today.

PS, best case senario: We lynch Mikanoff, who turns out to be scum, leaving us at 7 vs 1. (This is best case, remember?) If that is the case, we can afford to lynch the wrong person twice, with one vote left over, at which point it will be 3 vs 1.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #72) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:30 am

Post by Rathyr »

Just so you know, when I say "Lynch or lose" I mean, "if we lynch a townie, the scum win."
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #73) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:31 am

Post by Rathyr »

I don't suppose you'll tell us Arafax?

I mean, the town is under a lot of pressure already...

Please? :)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #74) » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:21 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Why? I think he is just bad at math and trying to save him miserable life.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #75) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:53 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:Mod, can you please prod some of the people who have't said anything for a while (lordy/joker)?
Yeah, in my case, THIS MORNING was soooooooo long ago... you're right, I should be prodded.

HEY JOKER WAKE UP YOU HUNG-OVER LUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um, oh, errr, ya??? Huh? Wha?

Maybe I should vote spectrumvoid for not paying attention.
Joker, it's very nice to know you're not dead, but most of your posts look like this; They prove that you are watching the game, but don't help the town in any way.

Please, think before you post. (And post often and about things that matter to the town.)

And what's this about Spectrumvoid? You're going to OMGUS her because she sort-of-came-close-to-calling-you-a-lurker?

Isn't it a little late in the game to be so frivolous with your posts?

I know Mik should die, but I am so annoyed at your scummyness and unhelpfulness I'm going to
Unvote: Mikanoff
and
Vote: Joker
, for your completely annoying, insulting, unhelpful, and scummy post.

(And your lack of helpfulness over all.)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (isolation #76) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:14 am

Post by Rathyr »

OK. You are all right about reviewing other suspects to use the rest of day two. I will now list my top suspects and give reasons why. I admit I have been holding back a bit for fear of being nightkilled if the day were to end suddenly, but it's time for us to all come out with our suspicions, and quickly, before the night comes.

Also, if I die, I hope the town will look over this post and think about these suspects, because I won't be able to help anymore. Obviously.

OK. Here we go:

Mikanoff: I am very worried about him. He could very well kill this game for us. He is either a really bad townie, a really bad scum, or perhaps,
a traitor.
All of which are bad. I still want him to be lynched, I am simply voting Joker to put pressure on him and to get him to post more.

Joker: Completely unhelpful (Except when agreeing with other people's ideas. :roll: ) lurky (He insults anyone who mentions his lurkiness.). These are the signs of scum. He is definitely on my list of possible lynchees. Think about him. I urge you all to turn your attention to him, and read his posts, and think about if he is really as townyish as he would like us to think.

Romanus: Yes, Romanus. I didn't mention it on day one (I wanted to wait until the "board" had cleared a bit.) I didn't mention at the beginning of day two (Because of Mikanoff.), but since early day one, I have gotten a bad feeling about Romanus. His signature proves this. :) Don't you all just love how he seems to "learn" what is scummyish and what isn't as he goes along and we tell him? Read the beginning of day one again; see how quickly he drops the no lynch idea, unlike BA and Sprontalic? See how nicely he goes with the flow? Now, look at where he argues with Patrick. I won't go into it in detail here, but read the arguments. I personally agree with everything Patrick says. Take heed, my fellows. Do not kill him today, but watch this Romanus, this devious shape changer.

Now, the FoSs:

Lordy: Too lurky, I vote to replace him. Now.

Wolfsbane: Still seems to be a "wolfkiller', but it may be part of a devious act. I am watching you.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (isolation #77) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:23 am

Post by Rathyr »

(P.S. In the event of my death, think of my above post as my will.)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #78) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:25 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:Note wolfsbane and Romanus as well.
Excuse me? What do you mean? Is this some sort of communication telling Scum-buddies Wolfsbane and Romanus to beware of my post/kill me/vote me/(insert other nasty fate), or am I just too paranoid?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #79) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:29 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:Joker, it's very nice to know you're not dead, but
most of your posts look like this
; They prove that you are watching the game, but don't help the town in any way.

Please, think before you post. (And post often and about things that matter to the town.)
Lies.

unvote, vote: Rathyr
No literally true, I admit, but what the hell is this? Voting your accuser isn't a defence, it's the sort of thing Mikanoff does, it's a one way ticket to the gibbet tree.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (isolation #80) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:34 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:Also,
if I die
, I hope the town will look over this post and think about these suspects, because I won't be able to help anymore. Obviously.
Scum tell. No reason for anyone to think you'll die, you haven't claimed.
1) I am just preparing. You can't argue with that.

2) Claiming? I will claim now. I have no problem with that. I am a townie. An unpowered townie. There. Are you happy?
Rathyr wrote:Joker:
Completely unhelpful
(Except when agreeing with other people's ideas.[ :roll: ) lurky (He insults anyone who mentions his lurkiness.). These are the signs of scum. He is definitely on my list of possible lynchees. Think about him. I urge you all to turn your attention to him, and read his posts, and think about if he is really as townyish as he would like us to think.
Yeah, do read my posts. Actually read them.
I do, did, and will, obviously.
As for insults, that's interesting that you bring that up. Re-reading my own posts, I find that I have not even mentioned you (Rathyr) so I have not insulted you. So why do you attack me? Who did I insult? Brutal Assassin? Hardly. And why do you take offense that I have insulted someone else?
You insulted Spectrumvoid.

1) I was merely using that as an example of your unhelpful, scummy, etc, posts.

2) Why shouldn't I defend someone I believe to be a townie?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (isolation #81) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:37 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:Actually I was following Rathyr on this one. But I see your point.
I'm glad of that, but you're not off my hook. You look as though you realize Joker is in a heap of trouble and that the game is up for him. You look so embarrassingly obvious in your separation attempt that I am tempted to laugh.

We will discuss this later.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #82) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:39 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:I did defend myself. Rathyr's accusations are gross exaggerations. Also known as lies.
Care to offer some proof? There has been a distinct lack of that commodity coming from you during this game. Calling someone a liar is not a defence.
I switched my vote because I think I've found a scum in Rathyr. This vote of mine is no OMGUS.
Care to elaborate?
I note how quickly wolfsbane and Romanus jumped on.
Me too, but that can wait.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (isolation #83) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:40 am

Post by Rathyr »

lordy wrote:You see? One hour, it's 11.30 pm here, Im rushing homework, and theres already >15 posts already.

The way this game is, is that many posts do occur in your day, which is when I'm sleeping, and that when I finally get to check back around 20 hours later all I see is a flood of accusations, which explain why I have the least number of posts in the game. I would like to stay on, but if you think my timezone provides too much of a hinderance then I'll be glad to be replaced.

The reason why I vote this way, is very simply. I voted sprontalic yesterday because he was vouching for no lynch over enthusiatly(sp) while others were starting to jump off it. Today, my vote stays due to no good concrete reads, plus I do not see the point of a extra vote just so that I can be considered townie. I am not one who throws my vote around, simply because it's inpratical for me to do so. As such, I will only vote when I spot something, because I'm incapable of removing a vote in time to prevent the accidental lynch of a townie.

Well, I hope thats what you want wolf. I'll check back in a hours time.
Lordy, this is exactly the sort of game where your erratic schedule doesn't work.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #84) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:44 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:Of course, the same logic could be applied to you. Or even Wolfsbane.
What? I don't have an erratic schedule.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #85) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:45 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:EBWOP
Rathyr wrote:I'm glad of that, but you're not off my hook. You look as though you realize Joker is in a heap of trouble and that the game is up for him. You look so embarrassingly obvious in your separation attempt that I am tempted to laugh.
Of course, the same logic could be applied to you.
Ah. I see.

But you make no sense. Why would I try to separate myself from the person I just attacked?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #86) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:56 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:
Joker wrote:
if I die
, I hope the town will look over this post and think about these suspects, because I won't be able to help anymore. Obviously.
1) I am just preparing. You can't argue with that.
No need to argue. Just pointing it out for folks. Saying "If I die" with no logical basis, that is scummy.
I have a logical basis! I could die tonight, especcially sinse i just accused you!
Rathyr wrote:2) Claiming? I will claim now. I have no problem with that. I am a townie. An unpowered townie. There. Are you happy?
Cool, another scum tell. No one asked you to claim and there's no reason for you to claim. You are not in jeopardy of being lynched at this moment. It is anti-town to claim in this circumstance. You do only because you do not know that you shouldn't, or you do it to try to advance an anti-town interest, for example rallying emotioinal support to you or similar ploys.
Excuse me? You just said there was no reason to post my "will" as I hadn't claimed! I'm not worried about being lynched! I'm worried about being killed by scum!
Rathyr wrote:You insulted Spectrumvoid.
Hmm. I thought I was mocking someone who I thought wasn't paying attention. But, take it as you will, of course.
Rathyr wrote:2) Why shouldn't I defend someone I believe to be a townie?
Maybe they don't want or need your help. :D
When the complain, I will stop telling you to stop insulting people because that almost called you a lurker.

Stop nitpicking!
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #87) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:58 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:And how am I separating?
By agreeing with me.

I accused Joker, and you instantly start posting like three times per minute, saying how you agree with me, even though this "argument" doesn't really involve you. (Yet. I'm talking about the argument between me and Joker.)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #88) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:59 am

Post by Rathyr »

By agreeing with me
overwhemingly.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (isolation #89) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:10 am

Post by Rathyr »

lordy wrote:
Rathyr wrote:
lordy wrote:You see? One hour, it's 11.30 pm here, Im rushing homework, and theres already >15 posts already.

The way this game is, is that many posts do occur in your day, which is when I'm sleeping, and that when I finally get to check back around 20 hours later all I see is a flood of accusations, which explain why I have the least number of posts in the game. I would like to stay on, but if you think my timezone provides too much of a hinderance then I'll be glad to be replaced.

The reason why I vote this way, is very simply. I voted sprontalic yesterday because he was vouching for no lynch over enthusiatly(sp) while others were starting to jump off it. Today, my vote stays due to no good concrete reads, plus I do not see the point of a extra vote just so that I can be considered townie. I am not one who throws my vote around, simply because it's inpratical for me to do so. As such, I will only vote when I spot something, because I'm incapable of removing a vote in time to prevent the accidental lynch of a townie.

Well, I hope thats what you want wolf. I'll check back in a hours time.
Lordy, this is exactly the sort of game where your erratic schedule doesn't work.
Of course, but now I'll try to be online later in my nighttime, so at least I get a certain period of time where there will be intense discussion when I'm not at school and at home.

Rath, your "roleclaim" is very unhelpful. The way I like it, if your town, unless you are under pressure to claim, you keep your mouth sealed. The problems in this game is, if you are indeed a plain townie, you just make it easier for the town to pinpoint who could be holding on to the remaining power roles. Of course, it's also not very useful to both sides, as I can claim to be vanila townie also and nobody would be the wiser.

On joker, I think he is not very helpful to the town at this momment, and I dont see how Rathyr could be scum, and I'm thinking of his attack on rath as a omgus. But I'll stay in tuned, and see what I can find.
I agree with you, but really, I think all of our power roles died on night one.

What other choice did I have? (With regard to claiming.)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #90) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:11 am

Post by Rathyr »

mikanoff wrote:
Rathyr wrote: I am a townie. An unpowered townie.
Rathyr, you have copy my defense XDDDDD
It, at least in my case, is the truth.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #91) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:27 am

Post by Rathyr »

@Mikanoff: You should believe me because I am not stupid or scummy.

@Wolfsbane: True, but if he is a townie, what is he supposed to do, pretend he doesn't have to deal with a different time zone and instead just likes lurking? Quite.

Also, you sound just like Scum No. 3; casting suspicion on a townie as the rest of your team goes up in smoke. (To save yourself) I could be wrong, but maybe not.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #92) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:05 am

Post by Rathyr »

Patrick wrote:Hellfire that was a big spurt of activity!
Firstly I think that the orgininal vote changes were strange. Rathyr votes for Joker because he posts little and is unhelpful. True, but is he really less helpful than mike?
True, I would think the same in your place, but to tell the truth, I was starting to lose my cirtanty about Mikanoff. I don't really know ifhe is scum. And when Joker posted that post, I realized that he has been (Atleast in my oppinion) much scummier than Mikanoff.
Wolfsbane's vote for lordy and then quick change to Joker are no less odd. I agree with whoever said that Romanus looks suspicious here, I mean first he is telling us how difficult it is to decide on Mike, the next minute he is practically falling over himself to put a third vote on Joker.
Like I said, I think Joker, Romanus, and Wolfsbane are the scum. Their recent posts have only made me more cirtain.

He comes off as oppotunistic. He also is keen to talk about anything other than himself (post 373).
I think that Joker's vote was OMGUS, and him saying Rathyr's 'if I die tonight' is a scumtell is stretching it. I do agree that Rathyr's claim came too early though. There is no reason to assume that other poweroles don't exist in the town.
True, but the only other role I think might be here is the traitor, for Mikanoff. But maybe not. I don't really know.
Finally Mike's recent posts are doing nothing to make me want to keep him alive.
I think he is just glad that he has a small chance of surviving.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #93) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:06 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
lordy wrote:I will really like to see how the issue on Joker develops, due to the fact that he could finally be the one which gives me concrete reasons to place my vote, because I do nto have much reads into the suspects of today.
Scummy. Waiting for an "easy" bandwagon to jump on.

There's 17 pages and plenty of material. Not taking a stance at this point, is scummy, pure and simple.
OK. I see your point.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #94) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:30 am

Post by Rathyr »

Patrick: Wolfsbane would vote joker so that you would think he is town.

Patrick and BA: I agree with both of you, but since Mikanoff has four votes to Joker's three, I will keep my vote on Joker.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #95) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:32 am

Post by Rathyr »

If I had to hazard a guess at post 402, I would say it is probably his way of getting back into the game. I don't think he is in denial anymore. At least for now.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #96) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:32 am

Post by Rathyr »

Also, why did Joker disappear during our debate?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #97) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:06 am

Post by Rathyr »

*Bump*
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #98) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:16 am

Post by Rathyr »

Oh, ha. "Bump" is what people post when other people aren't posting very much. The word bump is a referance to the fact that the most recently posted in thread is "bumped" to the top of the page of the board section of the forum.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #99) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:21 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:Ok, one thing I think we all need to realize is that everyone can't post as often as we like. The reason the Joker thing got started is because of the people who were on and posting at the time. I had said I was going to go back and look at things and try and get more info before the end of day.
Yep.
I like the Joker wagon for a few reasons.
Me too, surprisingly.
First, the Mikanoff thing is dead, there is nothing to talk about there, and no way to track scum do to the fact that everyone agrees that lynching Mikanoff was ok even if he was pro-town.
It is not dead! Mikanoff is like my fourth lynch choice, and I won't be sad if he dies today.
the Joker wagon has allowed for real stuff to happen, real stuff to analyze. This will be great for day 3. Voting patterns, comments, who defends who, who jumps on when, etc. I love this stuff.
Me too, unless it leads to my death.
Both Joker and Lordy got labelled as Lurking, whether it was true or not. That has made the two people who post the least become more engaging then they have been.
I'm not specifically saying Joker is lurking, only that his posts do not help the town.
I specifically stated when I changed my vote that I wanted to shake things up, bring some pressure to bear, and was wondering where to go with it. The Joker wagon fired up and I jumped on. It is getting results too. We've got a lot to talk about tomorrow. if tomorrow ever comes. I thought the game was over for us after lynching the Doc and losing the Cop on night one. Now, with all this posting, all this activity, I think we have a fighting chance of winning this thing. It is going to be a wild ride though. buckle up, this is why we play Mafia.
Yeah.

*Worthless drivel alert!*

Why don't you read through these last pages and give your thoughts about the current situation.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #100) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:22 am

Post by Rathyr »

Brutal Assassin wrote:Which is pointless, because I think most of us use "Watched Topics" anyways :P
Yeah yeah. I was simply giving voice to my immature impatience. :P
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #101) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:23 am

Post by Rathyr »

Pink Princess wrote:
Vote Count

mikanoff : 4 ( sprontalic, Patrick, Spectrumvoid, Brutal Assassin)
Joker: 3 (Rathyr, wolfsbane, Romanus)
Rathyr: 1 (Joker)
Not voting: lordy, mikanoff

Arafax Says: You will be informed when you are at Lynch or Lose.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #102) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:45 am

Post by Rathyr »

wolfsbane wrote:
Rathyr wrote:Patrick: Wolfsbane would vote joker so that you would think he is town.

Patrick and BA: I agree with both of you, but since Mikanoff has four votes to Joker's three, I will keep my vote on Joker.
I really don't get why you are jumping on me. I brought up the idea of checking out other people first I think. Then we both decided to do it at the exact same time (post 364-365). I mentioned that I suspected joker and lordy, so when I hit submit and saw that lordy wouldn't be available and that you had voted Joker I switched to Joker. What is strange about this?
Yeah, ok. I'm just being paranoid. We have other people to consentrate on.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #103) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:47 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:Also, why did Joker disappear during our debate?
Huh? You've got to be kidding.

*poof*

:D
Yeah, I was.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #104) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:48 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
Romanus wrote:First, the Mikanoff thing is dead, there is nothing to talk about there, and no way to track scum do to the fact that everyone agrees that lynching Mikanoff was ok even if he was pro-town.
Wrong. It is not ok to lynch pro-town players.

Several others have expressed reservations about mikanoff, that is they aren't convinced he's scum. Some of them may still be voting him. I suggest those people re-evaluate as there are other good candidates. Rathyr for one. Romanus. lordy.
Wait wait, me?

You are the most scummy person in the game at the moment.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (isolation #105) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:50 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:Me too, unless it leads to my death.
Yet another anti-town stance.

If you are town, you win with the town. It doesn't matter if you're dead or not. You claimed vanilla townie (which was either a scum move or a mistake). You should be more concerned with the town winning than with keeping yourself alive.
1) For the third time, I meant night killed.

2) I will win with the town even if I am dead. f they win. If I am dead, I cannot help them. Are you saying I should be happy to die?

3)I claimed because you said I could not be believed until I did.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #106) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Rathyr »

Patrick wrote:There is perhaps one person I would rather is lynched over mike and that is Romanus. He comes off as very scummy, many of my reasons are already posted, but I don't believe him springing on the Joker wagon was anything other than oppotunistic. His answer to this is the one I would expect scum to give.
Ok. I'm fine with that. As long as Romanus or Joker (Both of which I believe are scum) is lynched, I will be happy. (Unless they turn out to have been townies.)

As such,
Unvote: Joker
and
I think that lynching Joker over Mike today would be a bad idea. [/quote]

I don't, but that's just what I think.
Compared to the time mike has had to defend himself or even come up with a sensible post, Joker has had basically nothing. He's been ambushed at the 11th hour, and I'm sure there is at least one scum doing this.
Yes, at least one. (ehemromanusehem)
Rathyr: I know what you're saying, but right now I can't see wolfbane selling out his scum buddy in that way, when he could easily allow mike to get lynched. Maybe it is a devilishly clever ploy, but I don't think so.
Ok.

[quote[It is true that this vote swing has lead to more discussion, which is a good thing. I'm just giving my suspicions.[/quote]

Righteo.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (isolation #107) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:57 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:I would really like to see that list that has already been posted on my incredibly scummy behavior. Cuz I haven't seen it.
My "Will" is my version of it. I believe Patrick attacked you a little earlier on as well.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (isolation #108) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:01 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:And, almost everyone agrees that this wagon on Joker is a good thing, even Joker, but I am scum for doing it? Is that correct? Just want to check.
You're scummy for joining it so vehemently.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #109) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:02 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:Yup. The reason it's good is because it shows that Rathyr and/or Romanus are scum. And lordy too.

The reason it's bad is because I'm not scum.
How does this bandwagon show that I am scum? Or lordy? Or Romanus? (Who I believed to be scummy since day one.)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (isolation #110) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:03 am

Post by Rathyr »

Patrick wrote:
I would really like to see that list that has already been posted on my incredibly scummy behavior. Cuz I haven't seen it.
Believe me, if I had the time to do it, I would post it now. As it is, you'll have to go back through the thread and read them.
Brief summary: You often have delayed answering some points made my me in the past, forcing me to ask 2 or 3 times to get the answers. Your answers to my numbered points, were basically what I would expect from a scum, and yes, this is a rushed reply, so I can't go back and pick out the exact points at my leisure. When questioned about alot of things you just backtrack, saying you're learning, you were wrong, you apologise etc. Your post saying that only mafia get jumpy about unsubstanciated suspicion on them definitely rubbed me the wrong way.
Recently you've just jumped an the joker wagon, which struck me as very oppotunistic. I think your post of speculation about whether Mike is a good lynch was a springboard to make it seem more acceptable when you did unvote him. More from me tomorrow if the thread is open still.
Bang on target.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #111) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:05 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:My prior post #440 was in response to Romanus' #438.
Rathyr wrote:1) For the third time, I meant night killed.
Doesn't matter.
Then stop bringing it up.
Rathyr wrote:2) I will win with the town even if I am dead. f they win. If I am dead, I cannot help them. Are you saying I should be happy to die?
No.
Rathyr wrote:3)I claimed because you said I could not be believed until I did.
Did not.
You said, after I accused you, loosely (I don't have time to look for the exact post.) "This coming from a player who hasn't even claimed yet",
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (isolation #112) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:09 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:Patrick, I think your comments about me are exaggerated to say the least. This does the town no good. Some of the things you accuse me of just don't make good sense. I am opportunistic for jumping on Joker. I set it up by sparking discussion about whether Mik is a good lynch (very scummy, discussing whether the guy we are going to kill is really deserving of it or not).
I instigated this discution with my "will".
An opportunity to put pressure on someone else arises and I jump aboard to do the very thing I said we should be doing with the time we have. Everyone so far thinks this has been good, yet me being the one who set it up is scummy. So, in conclusion, helping the town is scummy. At least in your opinion. I think you are stretching things to make me look scummy when my behavior has helped the town more than any one elses. You and Rathyr being on Mikanoff from page 2 or 3 was very helpful. Running him up has produced nothing. My bandwagon, cuz two ain't a wagon, takes 3 to be a wagon, I made it a wagon, has created more good discussion than has been happening over Mikanoff.
See above. I instigated this, if not with my "will", then when I told joker that his posts were mostly worthless; and voted him.
That was a dead horse that we were beating, and I was tired of it. It was getting us nowhere. So, yes, I was opportunistic. I took the opportunity to wagon Joker to get more info. IF that doesn't make good town sense, I don't know what does.
We've gone over this already.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #113) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:11 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:How can a vote be more or less vehement?
You only needed one post to agree with me, not three to four.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (isolation #114) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:02 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:
Brutal Assassin wrote:Patrick and Rathyr sitting in a tree......
And what is this supposed to mean?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (isolation #115) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:04 am

Post by Rathyr »

Brutal Assassin wrote:I was wondering when someone would quote that, from like page 3. LOL
And what is
this
supposed to mean? This is from when Patrick and I both voted Mikanoff for his groundless accusations against Patrick. The only reason Romanus is quoting that is because Patrick and I, and any other intelligent players in this game, are voting Romanus, for reasons which we have outlined in previous posts.

You're not defending Romanus, are you...?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #116) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:09 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:
Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:1) For the third time, I meant night killed.
Doesn't matter.
Then stop bringing it up.
a. "Doesn't matter, day lynch or night kill". Not, b. "this discussion doesn't matter".

a. It doesn't matter whether one says "I don't want to be lynched because then the scum will win" (see mikanoff's repeated statements to this effect) or one says "I don't want to be night killed and I think I will be because blah blah blah..." (see Rathyr's postings). These are not pro-town stances.
Not wanting to die is not an exclusively mafia scum stance. Do you want to die? By your argument, anyone who has a problem with dying, must be scum.
b. This discussion does matter, but I'm starting to realize you (Rathyr) just don't understand what you're talking about and you're too hasty.
Again with the insultyness.
Rathyr wrote:
Joker wrote:
Rathyr wrote:3)I claimed because you said I could not be believed until I did.
Did not.
You said, after I accused you, loosely (I don't have time to look for the exact post.) "This coming from a player who hasn't even claimed yet",
Wrong. Here's the quote from #375:
Joker wrote:
if I die
That's pretty clear. Still, here's a bit more explanation. There is generally no reason to think any one player is more likely to die at night than any other player. You cannot predict what the scum will do. The obvious exception is when a role such as cop or doc is "out", then the scum will likely want to kill such a role.

You said "If I die" but hadn't claimed doc/cop/etc, so there was no reason to believe you. It's really quite simple.

I did not ask you claim. Even if I or anyone else had asked you to claim, you shouldn't. There were no votes on you.

You made the mistake, not me.
I made my "will" post because I was feeling my mortality. I view my self as one of your prime targets for a night kill. I am voting your scum buddy.
#364, from Rathyr to me:
Rathyr wrote:Please, think before you post.
Ironic. Why don't you take your own advice.
Again
with the insultyness.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (isolation #117) » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:12 am

Post by Rathyr »

Joker wrote:And again, all "after I'm gone you'll be sorry" type statements (mikanoff and Rathyr have made several of them) are scummy. See:

http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.p ... to_Emotion
When did I ever say anything along the lines of: (I quote from the wiki) "If you lynch me, you'll lose!"?

All I said was, "Joker has posted almost nothing helpful throughout the entire game."

And then you voted me because you said I was "Scummy", a view you have yet to expound upon.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (isolation #118) » Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:39 am

Post by Rathyr »

I stand by may arguments from yesterday.

I will be happy with either a Joker or Romanus lynch, the results of night two only make me more certain. (Notice how I am not lynched, but Patrick is. Patrick was suspicious of Romanus and Joker, but not as vocally as me, so they felt safe killing him. However, if Romanus and Joker were not scum, I would have been killed to cast suspicion on them.)

At the moment I will keep my
vote: Romanus
, but I will happily jump on any Joker wagon that developes.

I will post more later.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #119) » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:18 am

Post by Rathyr »

Note, Spectrumvoid: Patrick and I were only suspected by Romanus and Joker, which is nothing more than an OMGUS.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #120) » Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:12 am

Post by Rathyr »

Hm. That was a good post, and you've now become to my second suspect (Instead of first)

I have a heavy FoS on you, but further action can wait.

Joker, however, seems to be both scummy and criminally insane.

as such:

unvote: Romanus
and
vote: Joker
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #121) » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:05 am

Post by Rathyr »

Hey, Joker. I agree with Romanus. I wanted him to die too. I just wanted you to die more.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #506 (isolation #122) » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Rathyr »

Hey Spectrumvoid, why aren't you voting? And you too Lordy.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #123) » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:58 am

Post by Rathyr »

OK. I'll go with that, even if it is
another big fat OMGUS.

unvote: Joker

Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #124) » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Rathyr »

OK. In light of resent events, BA's claim, etc, I will now swith my vote for what seems like the thousands time.

Behold:

Unvote: Romanus

Vote: Joker

I will probably post later today with a list of my thoughts about the players in this game.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #540 (isolation #125) » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:40 am

Post by Rathyr »

The problem, Romanus, is that both you
and
Joker are top on my list.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #126) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:34 am

Post by Rathyr »

Yes. I think it does. I agrre with you completely. We have not been very good this game. At least we don't have to deal with BA as a suspect any more. What are everyone's thoughts on our current sistuation?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (isolation #127) » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:36 am

Post by Rathyr »

Dang simuposting.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (isolation #128) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:41 am

Post by Rathyr »

spectrumvoid wrote:If we don't lynch today, we're left with 5 people tomorrow after night kill with no extra info. 3 townies, 2 mafia. I don't think it'll be a default loss. (If I'm wrong, please let me know). But I don't like the idea of no lynch because we'll be left with the same situation tomorrow anyway.

And we should vote somebody rather than leave it random.
True, but we shouldn't hurry. That will only lead to bad things.
For me, I clear lordy because he seems pro-town.

Wait wait wait. Back up a second.
No one
should be exempt from suspicion. I hope you don't know what you're saying, for your sake.

You
completely clear
lordy because "he seems pro town"??? What if he is scum and is playing us all by basically being a lurker? What then, eh? Think before you post.
Mainly because I agree with sprontalic, he doesn't have a definite opinion.
His not having a definite oppinion does
absolutely nothing
for the town! You can't just wait until we are all dead to have an oppinion! The only thing his "lack of oppinion" does is keep people from having any reason to think the word scum in relation to Lordy. Think about it.
And he hasn't tried to manipulate the game. So I'm left with Rathyr and Sprontalic. Since there's 2 mafia, I think they're scum pair.

For now,
vote: sprontalic
That decision was quick. Ready to knock us off, are you? Your reason for choosing us is basically: "I know lordy isn't scum".

What the hell are you thinking?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #129) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:44 am

Post by Rathyr »

lordy wrote:
wolfsbane wrote:ok, I was taking the term lynch-or-lose too literally. I guess 3 vs 2 would still be winnable. We don't necessarily have to lynch today, but probably should.
unvote
I knew this point, and I voted no lynch at the start for a "just in case", as at that point of time, there were no votes, and if the mod dealined and randomed, chances are it would hit a townie(4v2), and thus the game could just end with a nightkill. However, now that we started talking, no lynch is not the way to go.
And what, you expected us to not start talking? Or maybe you expected the day to end after 24 hours?

What the hell?

(Oh yeah, I almost forgot;
vote: Spectrumvoid
for her previous scummy post and her previous statement that "Watching townies rip each other to shreds is funny and entertaining.")
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (isolation #130) » Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:08 am

Post by Rathyr »

spectrumvoid wrote:Wow. You're being really defensive about my accusation, and you single out lordy and myself immediately. And why didn't you mention spron, whom I was paraphrasing from?
Sprontalic didn't say he thinks Lordy is innocent, much less that he
knows
Lordy is innocent, which is what you said. He said he is suspicious of me, you and lordy; which is perfectly justified.
When did I say: "Watching townies rip each other to shreds is funny and entertaining" Hm... Was it when I said I'd watch the fireworks? I didn't think it's funny, I just didn't want to take sides in the argument between the 2 people because I didn't know I believed was scum.
Here:
I find it amusing that people who I think are townies are so intent on slugging each other.
Just so you know,
funny and amusing mean the same thing.

Anyway, it's not that quote I have a problem with. It's your views about Lordy.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #564 (isolation #131) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:51 am

Post by Rathyr »

Hey, I just noticed something. Where is Romanus? After being "cleared" he hasn't posted a thing.

I always suspected Romanus, and yet he always managed to escape at the last second.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to abandon my vote on spectrumvoid (
Unvote: Spectrumvoid
) leaving her with a big FoS (
Big Fos: Spectrumvoid
) to allow me to
vote: Romanus
, if only to apply pressure.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #132) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:00 am

Post by Rathyr »

spectrumvoid wrote:The reason why I pointed out the 2 vs 3 mafia thing was because I was genuinely confused. I would think that me bringing it up is pro-town behaviour. For example, if I was mafia, and I knew there were 3 of us, I wouldn't even have mentioned it, hoping that no one would remember it. Also, I didn't even think about the possibility of 3 mafia until we were at lynch-or-lose status, so it's incorrect to say I've always had it at the back of my mind.
Or maybe you pointed it out so you would be able to use it as "proof of innocence". Anything can be staged.

And Romanus, why do you wait until now to go after me? Is this some kind of OMGUS or what? Leading the town to vote those one thinks are scum is how one plays this game. If no one agrees on a lynchee, no one will get lynched; or as in this game, someone may get lynched by accident.

I also find it odd that as soon as I point out your lurkiness, you stop lurking. I guess you "just happened" to come back from your trip or whatever just in time to respond to my post, eh?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #569 (isolation #133) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:02 am

Post by Rathyr »

Also, isn't it great the Romanus and Spectrumvoid decide to go after me, one of the most vocal pro-town players in the game, on the last day, when, if I get lynched, they won't have to worry about the town lynching them because they will have won already?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (isolation #134) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:04 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:
Romanus wrote:I will be away till tomorrow night and won't be able to read or anything till then.
A little longer than I thought, Rathyr, but now I'm sure you wished I hadn't posted at all. Applying pressure to someone on a Lyol day with a time limit is not a good idea.
Are you saying we should all just wait until the time limit is up before we start voting? That would make it easier for you and your partner to win, wouldn't it?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (isolation #135) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:26 am

Post by Rathyr »

I do have a case against you. Check out pages like 17-19 or whichever they are. Earlier I said you and Joker were my top suspects, now that Joker is dead (It's really his own fault, the fool.) you are my top suspect.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (isolation #136) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:39 am

Post by Rathyr »

Wolfsbane, sprontalic and lordy and/or spectrumvoid; I hope you are paying attention, because Romanus sure isn't going to agree with my statements and vote for himself.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #137) » Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:02 am

Post by Rathyr »

So, gonna unvote or what? Whatever you plan to do, do it quickly. Night is coming.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (isolation #138) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:40 am

Post by Rathyr »

OK. It looks like I have two jobs now instead of one. Now I have to save myself. :roll:

I'm going to
unvote: Romanus
and
vote:Spectrumvoid
if only to create a tie to save my self. (I also think Spectrumvoid is suspicious. Remember, there are
two
scum in this game.)

But really, look at Romanus! He is so scummy! He is the one I feel should be lynched.

note: Yeah, it is a bit odd that I am still living; I fully expected myself to die night two.

And where is Lordy? Post, Lordy, post!

Note(2): I am sorry about Mikanoff and Joker, but they really brought death upon themselves. I mean, at one point or another, most of us thought they should be lynched, otherwise they wouldn't have been. So Romanus, shut up about Mik and Joker, you were probably happy to send them to the graveyard anyway.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #589 (isolation #139) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:34 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:you know, it seems that everyone's excuse about how everyone got lynched in this game was because they brought it on themselves.
They did. Duh.
First EOM, then Mikanoff, then Joker. When this kind of excuse can be drummed up, it is usually because, obviously there really wasn't a reason. Also, because scum can't give a pro town reason for getting a townie lynch. It was not their fault they got lynched, EOM, Mik, Joker. It is our fault.
No, it's their fault for being stupid. Were we somehow supposed to know they were townies despite their behaivor?
More than that, the blame can be put on certain people. Not all the same, but still, someone had to lead the charge, someone had to argue against them.
Actually, I only led the charge against Joker. I had nothing to do with EOM, and Mikanoff basically killed himself, starting when he wouldn't let go of Patrick.
These people did not vote themselves, and had quite a few votes on them when the time ran out.

Duh. Again with the lawyer drivel. You're wasting my time and the time of others with worthless sentances like these.
So, please, stop with the "they brought it on themselves" crap, because that is what it is.
Whatever.
A very easy umbrella that scum can hide under.

True.
Either you are scum using the umbrella, or you are holding it for them, either way, you are anti town, and it is very hard to distinguish from simply anti-town and scum.
How is that? What about everyone else? Why is it
me
who is suddenly "holding the umbrella". Wait, I know, because I accused you!

The main reason I suspect you, Rathyr, is because of the Mikanoff lynch. Patrick and Mik had a dispute, but then you jumped in bed with Patrick seeing that Mik could not defend himself, and that the town would see him as a detriment no matter if he was scum or not. That gets the scum off the hook for the lynch. Nothing scummy about wanting Mikanoff lynched. You championed that cause right behind Patrick.
Actually, right in front of Patrick. I was convinced Mikanoff was scum because of the single minded way he was attacking Patrick. I don't know
what
he was thinking.
Then onto Joker, another object of opportunity, and also me.
Yes. I wish, though, that Joker hadn't given up so easily. "This isn't a mini game! This is a noob game!" etc. etc. The fool. He may have lost the game for us.
Wht really twisted me though was Patrick. Why kill patrick.

Yeah, why did you? I know why! Because he accused you, but wasn't quite as vocal about it as me.
You had him in your back pocket. He would never turn on you. It now makes great sense. You can almost be seen as mourning your buddy.

What? He wasn't my buddy; he was suspicious of me, I was looking out for him because at the time he was the only player I thought I knew was a townie.
Early in the game you also tried to buddy up to me,

When was this? When I called you an arrogant bastard?
but obviously chose Patrick, but kept me close.
When did I keep you close? When I said you were "Much too smart to be safe"?
You used Patrick to get onto someone else, namely me, then killed him. He had served his purpose twofold. Made you look pro town by buddying up, and cast suspicion on me, then got killed.
Yes,
exactly. He accused you and then was killed.

You said you have been wary of me the whole game. Keeping an eye on me.

Yes.

Casting suspicion whenever you got the chance, hoping someone would bite.
No.
You knew I could be your worst enemy.
Er, again with the drivel.
Why you didn't kill me, I'm not certain, other than you thought I would be an easy lynch somewhere down the line, hopefully today.
If I was a vig you would be dead right now. Give me a chance, it's hard to convince all the others that you need to get a one way ticket to the gibbet. I'm doing the best I can.
Couldn't kill me last night, had to get rid of the roleblocker. It all makes so much sense to me now.
*Drivel.*

If I were the scum
I wouldn't have had to remove the role blocker because he thought I was innocent.
In addition, I would like other people's comments on this other than Rathyr. Of course, I would like Rathyr to respond as well, not that I could stop him. I want to know what others think. This is no time for rogues or loners. If I am off my rocker, let me know if you think so.
Actually, you're not off your rocker. You're just scum.

And Lordy, post, damnit!
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (isolation #140) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:27 am

Post by Rathyr »

I am town. Care to give some concrete examples as to why you suspect me over Spectrumvoid or Romanus?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (isolation #141) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:00 am

Post by Rathyr »

Wolfsbane, Sprontalic and whoever the other townie is; we really need to work together now, because almost half of the players are scum, and as such their votes serve a scummy purpose. We are all going to have to agree on the lynchee, because otherwise there is good chance we will have lynched a townie, thanks to the scum.

(Note: Allow me to turn your attention to how seamlessly Romanus and Spectrumvoid work together now in their votes against me. See how they take for granted eachother's innocence. Watch them carefully. Romanus attacks me, his accuser, but not spectrumvoid, who I find suspicious, as do you. He just ignores her scummyness. (Lordy, Spectrumvoid is female.))
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #142) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:50 am

Post by Rathyr »

No one obviously. Insults aren't scum tell.

Also, Lordy didn't offer evedance. He just bandwagoned on to your post.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (isolation #143) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus, I never avoided charges and insulted the accuser instead! Where are you getting these ideas from?
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #601 (isolation #144) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:36 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:
Rathyr]They did. Duh. [/quote] [quote= wrote:No, it's their fault for being stupid. Were we somehow supposed to know they were townies despite their behaivor?
Rathyr wrote:Duh. Again with the lawyer drivel. You're wasting my time and the time of others with worthless sentances like these.
Rathyr wrote:Yes. I wish, though, that Joker hadn't given up so easily. "This isn't a mini game! This is a noob game!" etc. etc. The fool. He may have lost the game for us.
Rathyr wrote:Er, again with the drivel.
Rathyr wrote:*Drivel.*
Rathyr wrote:Actually, you're not off your rocker. You're just scum.
That is from that one post. I apologize, insults are not the only thing you use, you also use a lot of WIFOM. You don't answer accusations by accusing someone else, you actually answer the accusations. Try it, and maybe I will vote for someone else.
Romanus, I only said your sentances such as: "These people did not vote themselves" were drivel, which they are. It is perfectly obvious that these people did not vote themselves; as such, saying so constitutes drivel.

I believe the late BA complaned about this habit of yours.

I don't understand what you mean by quoting what I said about Joker; He isn't attacking me, you are.

And the rocker thing, you said to tell you if you were off your rocker. I didn't. I said you are scum, which is what I believe.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (isolation #145) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:36 am

Post by Rathyr »

Romanus wrote:
Rathyr wrote:Romanus, I never avoided charges and insulted the accuser instead! Where are you getting these ideas from?

from reading your post.
I answer all charges.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (isolation #146) » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:47 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Did I ever say it did? No, don't bother answering. You're done with this, as you said.

Romanus, I hope to God you aren't town, because if you are, we might just lose this game for ourselves. Look at spectrumvoid. Read her posts. Tell what you think.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #610 (isolation #147) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 5:27 am

Post by Rathyr »

spectrumvoid wrote:Rathyr: Why don't you believe that Romanus is town? I know he has done rather scummy things, but BA blocked him and there was a kill.
The other scum, who I believe to be you, could have been the one to send the scum message. But then, that is a small chance, isn't it? Lordy could be your scum partner. I think he is. Look at how artfully he has gotten us all to ignore him, we don't even think about him now. And then you "cleared" him. I'm going to change my vote because the spectrumvoid bandwagon has begun to fall to pieces.

Unvote: Spectrumvoid
Vote: Lordy

(Yes, this is me changing my mind. :roll: )

@everyone: So, it seems this "appeal to emotion" thing is what you suspect me for. Oh well. Not much I can say to that except it is my play style.

But really, look at lordy. No one has really suspected him with a will this entire game. Why? Because he rarely posts and he has all these reasons why he cannot. He should have been replaced or something.

Now, it's time for me to appeal to emotion again :roll: : Think how silly you all will feel when you lose the game over some one's play style. Go ahead and use this sentence as the last nail in my coffin if you want, but really. Look at Lordy! Vote him! Lynch him!

PS. About Romanus. I said I hoped he was a townie because think how silly we would look at the end of the game if he turned out to be such. Two townies ripping each other apart. Oh dear.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #613 (isolation #148) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:13 am

Post by Rathyr »

Insulting has nothing to do with anything.

I can insult whoever I please.

You fool.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (isolation #149) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:14 am

Post by Rathyr »

This game is over. I no longer feel any need to post.

Bye.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (isolation #150) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:27 pm

Post by Rathyr »

This game should have been over yesterday! It's this setup; it doesn't really work.

Also, I had nothing to do with the EOM lynch. At the time of Mikanoff's death everyone, or at least the majority, wanted him to die. Joker died because he couldn't defend himself. He insulted people too, and many people called Mikanoff a "noob".

My calling Mikanoff stupid had nothing to do with his lynch except that I thought it may have been a possibility that he was using ignorance as a mask to hid scummyness. He wasn't.

There are only two reasons why people are voting me:

1) My "Appeal to emotion". (Fine, vote me for this, but what else am I supposed to do? I was only trying to rally the remaining townies!)

2) Insults. (According to Romanus, the wiki says insults are scum tell when used in place of defence. I always defend; except against this insults thing, because there is no way to defend against it.)

If there is anything I'm missing, please point it out.

Lordy, if your lurkiness isn't scum tell, you should have been replaced.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (isolation #151) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:31 pm

Post by Rathyr »

lordy wrote: Insulting distracts from the original point of the game, which to find scum, not lynch townies irritated by your insult.
Note: Joker got irritated because spectrumvoid accused him of lurking, and later because I told him he shouldn't lash out at spectrumvoid for saying he was lurking and being unhelpful, which he was.

He didn't get irritated because I insulted him.

Also, anyone who
wouldn't
classify mikanoff as a fool, please stand up. I mean it.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #620 (isolation #152) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:43 pm

Post by Rathyr »

You know what? Just for you, I will explain my reasoning behind previous insults as quoted by the late Joker.

Note: I am fond of sarcasm. Some people are. If you can't deal with sarcasm, you may have a hard time in life.

Note2: I dislike euphemism. It befuddles things.

Rathyr wrote:I'm going to Vote: Romanus for pure stupidity and shortsightedness
I'm not sure where this is from. Romanus had evidently done something that, to me, seemed scummy.
Rathyr wrote:I agree that stupid townies should (often) die
I still stand by this. They are a liability. You may complain about the word "stupid", but what was I supposed to say, slow? Mentally deficient?
Rathyr wrote:Think about it before you make any other stupid mistakes and wild, pointless votes
I'm not sure where this is from, and I don't have time to look. I'm sure there is a reason though.
Rathyr wrote:You could just be stupid
Sarcasm.
Rathyr wrote:they would have to be very risky and impatient, aka stupid
Sarcasm.
Rathyr wrote:You are an arrogant bastard
This was a joke for god's sake. :roll:
Rathyr wrote:you may just be stupid,
Sarcasm.
Rathyr wrote:So if you're not a noob, that leaves us four possible reasons for your childish behavior.

1) You are a child. I doubt this, six year olds rarely have access to a computer. Six year olds don't have the attention span for this sort of thing anyway.

2) You are downright stupid. (Townie) I sort of doubt this now. Stupid people are more open to suggestion. And what you are doing right now is not very townyish. If you were a stupid townie, I bet you would be jumping on every bandwagon you could find.

3) You are downright stupid. (Mafia) This seems more likely to me. You think you are clever, "casting suspicion on a townie" or whatever, but no. you are really just stupidly blundering your way from night to night, probably led on by a more intelligent scum partner.
Trying to get Mikanoff to prove whether or not his noobiness was a cover.
Rathyr wrote: am accusing him because this whole "stupid act" smells scummy to me
Again.
Rathyr wrote:Only after I point out that he doesn't seem to care about being insulted (As, if I am correct, his "stupidity" makes a good coverup.) does he complain.
A trap I laid for Mikanoff.
Rathyr wrote:BA is a fool anyway.
I was trying to save BA's life.
Rathyr wrote:he is acting so stupidly
He was.
Rathyr wrote:*Worthless drivel alert!*
Quite true.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #621 (isolation #153) » Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:01 pm

Post by Rathyr »

Oh, and Lordy, I never said insults are my playstyle. I said this "appeal to emotion" thing seems to be my playstyle.

:roll:

Just thought I should point this out.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (isolation #154) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:42 am

Post by Rathyr »

If you lynch a townie, the game will be over, a scum win.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (isolation #155) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:43 am

Post by Rathyr »

So think
very
carefully before voting.
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (isolation #156) » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:33 am

Post by Rathyr »

I know that statement was obvious, but I wanted to make sure the message got through to everyone, as *** ******** **** ** **** *****.

:P
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (isolation #157) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:47 am

Post by Rathyr »

Wow. Great game everyone! Especially Lordy and Romanus; you played us all the way.

Allow me one moment to shout: "I knew it I knew it I knew it aarrrrg!"

Oh well. Well played everyone.

@Patrick: Yeah, I did see the arguments between you and Romanus, and I tried to get him lynched, he "out clevered" me though. ;)
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #158) » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:46 am

Post by Rathyr »

Ha!
Rathyr
Rathyr
Goon
Rathyr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (isolation #159) » Mon Jul 31, 2006 3:09 am

Post by Rathyr »

I think that was partly do to the fact that there was an unknown time limit. I think we were all, at least subconsciously, looking for someone to lynch from the begining.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”