Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:17 am

Post by Branson »

In post 42, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 39, Branson wrote:Hello everybody!

VOTE: Tchill13
Howdy!

And... Why.
I'm very curious as to why you framed this question the way you did. What motivation beyond idle curiosity drove you to make this post?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:19 am

Post by Branson »

What are you talking about?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:11 pm

Post by Branson »

I'm leaving a mark for myself. I'll read up and do a catch up when I'm in a better mind state... basically when I can keep my eyes open long enough to focus on anything.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:48 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 13, Empiricus wrote:
In post 12, TwoFace wrote:not really. if somebody is in a time zone that isn't morning right now they could logically deduce that I am in a time zone where it was. If they somehow weren't able to do that, they could ask me what time zone I was in.

my opinion stands, it was stupid for him to find my statement weird so that's one strike against him
I get what you mean, I was just making a small joke to bring a bit of levity and good spirits to any readers of my post.
Also, finding your opening statement weird is slightly weird, I agree.
This post is the first legitimately scummy post of the game, entirely because of the second line. It's worded in too weird of a way to feel like a genuine thought.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (isolation #5) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 27, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 21, Mulch wrote: Both, I had never seen anyone do that before, and wanted to get some type of pressure early
I'll ask my other question again, what type of weird? Is it just "oh, I've never seen this before", or does it pertain to the game in any way?

And @Twoface,
Is that a strike... For what? For pressure, or is that a "this is scummy" strike? Do you have legitimate suspicion on Mulch?

And good morning @Sergtacos!
Why RVS when you can get started now?

(also, I'm extremely active, it's summer and I've got nothing to do all day)
This post looks a lot more like trying to look busy than trying to figure out other people's thoughts. The way she's trying to unpack this situation is too... thorough, especially for an RVS interaction.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 28, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 25, Empiricus wrote:
In post 22, Mulch wrote:
In post 19, Empiricus wrote:
In post 17, Mulch wrote:
In post 15, Empiricus wrote:Oh, I would not want to interrupt your dance by voting in there at this early juncture. The day is young (literally in some cases :] )
What
I'm just continuing trying to be a bit funny.
Your remark on twofaces first post being weird and deserving a vote is slightly weird in my eyes, but that does not equal it voteworthy from me right now.
Why is it weird?
Why is it not? I can imagine a situation where TwoFace chooses to frame his first post like that easily (like, if usually games begin in evenings in his timezone, morning starts are odd = merits remarking on), therefore finding it weird is weird from my perspective.
PSSSSSSTTTTT, They are probably bussing.
Can you unpack this for me? I don't understand why you would make this post at the point that you made it in, especially since it comes out of left field and doesn't make a whole lot of sense as a response to what he said here.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 30, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 28, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 25, Empiricus wrote:
In post 22, Mulch wrote:
In post 19, Empiricus wrote:
In post 17, Mulch wrote:
In post 15, Empiricus wrote:Oh, I would not want to interrupt your dance by voting in there at this early juncture. The day is young (literally in some cases :] )
What
I'm just continuing trying to be a bit funny.
Your remark on twofaces first post being weird and deserving a vote is slightly weird in my eyes, but that does not equal it voteworthy from me right now.
Why is it weird?
Why is it not? I can imagine a situation where TwoFace chooses to frame his first post like that easily (like, if usually games begin in evenings in his timezone, morning starts are odd = merits remarking on), therefore finding it weird is weird from my perspective.
PSSSSSSTTTTT, They are probably bussing.
Imo this is a really stupid topic, but anything to get the game started. Like timezones have nothing to do with scum xD
Taco, what makes ya think that? Or was that a joke?

(Anyway, I need my morning coffee -u-)
The dissonance between this post and the last one I quoted from Carcalilly is making me nervous, especially since the overall tone between the two posts has changed in that short of an amount of time.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 40, Sergtacos wrote:Ok so here is what I see

Klazam- Lurking????

Carcalilly defending Mulch
Empiricus defending TwoFace
Mulch possibility of bussing TwoFace
I don't understand what exactly this post is supposed to convey, either.

What does "x defending x" mean, exactly? It can't mean you think both of them are scum since the third line seems to indicate that separately, so that removes the most likely possibility. So is there an indication of reads from those two statements, or are they just fluff?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 54, TwoFace wrote:
In post 35, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 33, TwoFace wrote:
In post 27, Carcalilly wrote:And @Twoface,
Is that a strike... For what? For pressure, or is that a "this is scummy" strike? Do you have legitimate suspicion on Mulch?
scummy strike
Would you care to explain how this makes them more likely to be scum in your eyes?
I never said it makes him more likely to be scum though. I just found what he did to be scummy and if he does enough scummy things then he will be more likely to be scum.

my scum reads are almost always based off a scummy body of work.
I really hope I see you do more than post stuff like this over the next however many pages, because the way you've been playing so far hasn't been very impressive after your aggressive start and this passiveness is going to descend into scummy-passiveness before too long if it keeps up like this.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 58, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 57, Sergtacos wrote: Same with mine!! Thats why I said I still feel hurt.

You already have havent you? xD kidding, sure? shoot?
I really learned my lesson there.
Lynched Day1 pffft.

I have, but I have more! >=D

I can agree that scum hunting is not primarily alightment-indicative. Though, would you lynch someone who is actively Scum hunting? Why or why Not? What other ways could you effectivly look for scum- red flags, Process of elimination?
These questions look really fluffy too. I don't see how any answer from this list can be alignment indicative.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:10 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 80, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 71, Branson wrote:

Howdy!

And... Why.
I'm very curious as to why you framed this question the way you did. What motivation beyond idle curiosity drove you to make this post?
I like you

Imo mafia is this
super friendly
game where the warm welcome is a questioning.
So, welcome. :D

And please answer my question, was that a RVS?
This post is pinging me big time. The way she asked me about my vote was very different than how she has been asking questions from others, but it was also said in more of a "Why would you vote x?" type of way than "Why did you vote x?"

Then after being called out on how she framed the question, she reframes it and turns it back to me. Very interesting.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:14 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 124, Sergtacos wrote:VOTE: Klazam

I'm now sensing he's scum this game. I don't have any evidence towards him yet but just a feeling.
If it was anybody else making this post, I'd jump on that instantly. The only reason Sergtacos gets off the hook here is because his thoughts have been so all over the place that posts like this look more like a personality tell than an alignment tell.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 139, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 126, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 125, Carcalilly wrote:Taco you're doing me a concern ^
How?
I'm aware that I'm tunneling but you're the only one with enough posts to make something solid out of so...
This is about you,
Sergtaco
~ Also threw in a little bit of advice in there because why not

Topic: Klazam Suspicion

- RVS vote
- Saying that they're lurking??? (IMO: He's mentioned it many times with Klazam, yet, he hasn't mentioned anyone else who's lurking.)
- Possible explanation as to why he's getting at them. ("Fight me"?)
- A vote and scum read without evidence. (Low-key red flag :!:)

IMO: Could this be a scum bussing attempt? Are you trying to get at Klazam? Why be persistent on it, especially with that vote in their absence? They have
one RVS post

Topic: Scumhunting

- Initial show of strong opinions on scumhunting
- He doesn't "believe in scumhunting" (IMO: It's a reasonable belief. However... keep reading)

IMO: You can consider scumhunting as NAI, but please don't emphasize being against it, as it can be discouraging. We want people to scumhunt, town or scum, because it STILL reveals information. Also, maybe focus on the
results.
This post is a highlight of my results, talking and questioning you was the hunting, for example.

Topic: Lightheartedness

!Now, I don't have anything against lightheartedness, but I just wanted to take this into account.!
IMO: Your posts have been very lighthearted, and I honestly enjoy talking to you because of that. However, I'm not going to ignore possible alt motives.
-I know that posting lightness can help emotionally when you are feeling heavy or guilty. Do you anything to feel guilty about, Taco?
-Provides distraction, keeps the game from moving forward.
-Appeal to emotion. Act friendly and get on people's good side.

Topic: Self Defense

A quick thing, but when I question him, he tends to turn it back against me.
- A vote after a clash of opinions.
- I'm suspicious of someone, and I'm "just saying that to look town"? Don't turn to that, that's a very easy and typical defense.
Defend. Yourself.

VOTE: Sergtacos
For now.

Anyway... someone else please come it. I don't like tunnel battles.
VOTE: Carcalilly
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 177, Tchill13 wrote:I think dueling wagons for carcalilly and twoface wouldn't be a terrible idea? Not sure who'd agree though.
I was pretty significantly townreading this slot until this post.

siiiiiiigh
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Post by Branson »

The Sergtacos self-meta thing is dead null. It's a personality tell, not an alignment tell.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 201, Trivium wrote:TwoFace is way too defensive for this point in the game, and the omgus vote was bad, so I'll keep my vote. I don't understand the carcalilly train, and I don't want a competing wagon with TwoFace based off of what appears to be serg's gut. I'm uncomfortable with serg generally because I think the constantly joking attitude has an effect on the game that's bad for town. However, I don't think voting serg would be a good idea, as he comes across more as new than scum.
^^^

Best post of the game so far.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 265, Mulch wrote:VOTE: Tchill13
What's the reason for this vote?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by Branson »

And the rest of the posts so far are mostly useless. Cool. I'm going to second the "stop the shitposting" sentiment by shuffleplay. It's making the game a slog to read through and provides absolutely nothing to the game.

Trivium is strong town.
TwoFace is mostly town now for the last bunch of pages, even though he's choosing really bizarre battles to fight for some reason.
Klazam is leaning town.
Tchill is leaning town.
Empiricus is leaning town.

Sergtacos is dead null.

Shuffleplay is veeeeery slightly scum. I suspect it's a tone read, but I can't put my finger on what exactly is pinging me about that set of posts.
Mulch is leaning scum.
Dunkerdoodles is leaning scum.
Carcalilly is strong scum.

Fyckus and Boonskiies are non-reads.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by Branson »

Now I hope people will realize that these fights with TwoFace are completely pointless and the suspicions on Sergtacos are for stuff that aren't alignment indicative so that we can start getting somewhere in the day phase. The focus has been on those two for so much time today that it's really difficult to get any solid reads on most of the playerlist, even those that already have quite a few posts.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 436, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 423, Branson wrote:
In post 124, Sergtacos wrote:VOTE: Klazam

I'm now sensing he's scum this game. I don't have any evidence towards him yet but just a feeling.
If it was anybody else making this post, I'd jump on that instantly. The only reason Sergtacos gets off the hook here is because his thoughts have been so all over the place that posts like this look more like a personality tell than an alignment tell.
This vote wasn't actually REAL. it was to see some reaction. And due to some reaction i later decided to be serious about my vote on Klazam.
...You do realize that by downplaying the reasoning behind the vote, you're sabotaging your ability to get solid reactions, right?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:59 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 444, Carcalilly wrote:I wake up and am presented with a gift~

*snip*
In post 418, Branson wrote:The dissonance between this post and the last one I quoted from Carcalilly is making me nervous, especially since the overall tone between the two posts has changed in that short of an amount of time.
I honestly did find it a stupid topic. I guess I was just more casual in this post. I mean what I say, but if you'd like something more organized...
If you found it to be a stupid topic, then why did you show so much interest in it before when it was directly relevant to the game?
In post 27, Carcalilly wrote:
Branson wrote:
This post looks a lot more like trying to look busy than trying to figure out other people's thoughts. The way she's trying to unpack this situation is too... thorough, especially for an RVS interaction.
Yes, I was ready to get down to business. I know it's an RVS interaction, but this is the stuff early on out in the game as it gets started.
I thought it was a rather useless and NAI interaction, but I took it seriously, and acted with a serious tone, mainly because it's the push for the game to start. Otherwise, if I was just "lol this is stupid can we not"... That's not gonna bring us anywhere.
What did you gain from those questions and what changed between post 27 and 30 to make you go from that serious tone to outwardly admitting that the entire conversation was essentially pointless? That's the dissonance I'm talking about.
Branson wrote:This post is pinging me big time. The way she asked me about my vote was very different than how she has been asking questions from others, but it was also said in more of a "Why would you vote x?" type of way than "Why did you vote x?"

Then after being called out on how she framed the question, she reframes it and turns it back to me. Very interesting.
Oh crap I actually missed the question about framing... I thought you were just asking why I posted.
And honestly... That's really up to interpretation. I didn't mean anything but "why". All I said was "And... Why." :/
Also, I just added than second part for clarification. Why, was it just a RVS or something else?
My entire issue with your play up to this point is that your tone keeps shifting in seemingly random ways at random times. What I don't understand about your post is why your tone suddenly shifted to be more blunt, especially since I voted somebody that hadn't even posted in the thread yet. It feels very off.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Post by Branson »

sigh.

I messed up the quote tags; all three of the Carcalilly posts are from #444.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 448, Trivium wrote:Branson, you just came in, said a few things I agree with, such as being uncomfortable with unpacking RVS like that, but then again there's a few other people who did that, and I think the way you're voting Carcalilly seems a bit opportunistic. Not because you jumped on immediately, but because you jumped on out of nowhere with stuff that looks like it's supposed to make sense, but then doesn't really once I take more than a glance at it.
Branson wrote:
In post 71, Branson wrote:

Howdy!

And... Why.
I like you

Imo mafia is this
super friendly
game where the warm welcome is a questioning.
So, welcome. :D

And please answer my question, was that a RVS?
This post is pinging me big time. The way she asked me about my vote was very different than how she has been asking questions from others, but it was also said in more of a "Why would you vote x?" type of way than "Why did you vote x?"

Like I don't get this. She asks whether a vote was RVS to I guess make an attempt at following a train of thought beyond random voting, then Branson posts 71 that just feels like it's supposed to sound suspicious, but not actually having any real substance unless you assume Carcalilly is trying to protect Tchill. That feels less like paranoia and more scummy to me.
I've already gone into my issues with that post, so I won't go into it again. What other posts have I made that you don't understand?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 447, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 426, Branson wrote:The Sergtacos self-meta thing is dead null. It's a personality tell, not an alignment tell.
Maybe that's what he wants you to think?
It's dead null because it's consistent with his overall play and I can't contribute his entire play towards either town or scum.

I could also go into how easy Sergtacos is to attack, but my read on the playerlist in this game is that there's enough inexperience around to make that a very weak indicator for scum at best.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 454, Trivium wrote:
In post 451, Carcalilly wrote:I'm not suspecting him because of his personality... some of the stuff he said was just plain scummy, and it would be no matter who said it.
It's just a bad thing to be jumping on day 1, though, there are much
safer
options.
This is pinging.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 460, Trivium wrote:
In post 458, Sergtacos wrote:VOTE: Carcalilly
Ok, but that's omgus.
What was the point of this post?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #525 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 461, Trivium wrote:
Ok, but that's omgus.
Sorry, twitch reaction. Not omgus, I guess taco's been reading into carcalilly for some time now. Still.
In post 462, Trivium wrote:
In post 461, Trivium wrote:
Ok, but that's omgus.
Sorry, twitch reaction. Not omgus, I guess taco's been reading into carcalilly for some time now. Still.
But it might be a little bit omgus.
Like, I don't understand what your thought process is here.

Why did you need to justify yourself here? This reads like you panicking and trying to backtrack while not looking like you're backtracking.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 471, Empiricus wrote:Okay, so here's where I am at the moment:
[Shuffleplay, Branson] Strong town
[Trivium, Klazam, Tchill13, Carcalilly] Lean town
[Boonskies, Fykus, Dunkerdoodles, Mulch] Null/lacks reading material
[TwoFace] Lean scum
[Sergtacos] Strong scum

I'm not going to really explain my reads right now though, at least not my reads above null.

TwoFace leans scum because while I imagine his style of play differs a lot from mine, the way he is calling some of the people suspecting him as scum for liars on things that are based on opinion feels off from a town perspective. It makes me think that he wants to build up conflicts to seem busy.

Sergtacos feels like strong scum for a few reasons. Firstly, I think he overplays the newbie-card since he's already finished a game here on site where he was town, and his game does not really read the same as then. Besides, he has several times referenced his previous times playing mafia both as town and scum, so I am a bit curious about how many games hes's really played.
Secondly, his posts are way too many but almost none of them actually does anything for the game. I find either jokeposts, his Klazam-beef which really just is some sort of reference to their IRL-thing, or loose reflections or thoughts. Where is the actual scum hunting? Then there is this post:
In post 368, Sergtacos wrote:What actions indicate they're scum to me?

Carcalilly- Trying too hard to be town and decided to target me after I went after for Klazam.

Klazam- For some reason I still refuse to believe he is town because if he was he would easily see that I'm town. But thinking if he's scum, he wouldn't say he sees me as town so that I have a chance of getting lynched in some time in the future. Secondly, Carcalilly voted me right after I seriously voted for Klazam. Seems odd.

Empiricus- Voted me after I seriously voted on Klazam. Got me thinking, ok if Klazam is scum, was Empiricus bussing at first in RVS then decided to vote on me since I voted on Klazam?

So is this the scum team? Idk.

TwoFace- Defended like crazy over a RVS? Still trying to be defensive.

No reads on others so far.

I'm not saying the people who I mentioned are scums, but I'm just saying if they are, this is why.
Really zooms me in on the fact that Sergtacos game is more focused on showing up how he plays town and builds almost all his casework on that Klazam fails to recognize that and therefore must be scum in the eyes of the taco. For me it looks like Sergtacos is scum trying to emulate his towngame and is overacting.
This case on Sergtacos is significantly better than any I've seen so far. It's not convincing to me, but it looks genuine enough to propel Empiricus a lot higher in my town reads.
In post 474, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 471, Empiricus wrote:Okay, so here's where I am at the moment:
[Shuffleplay, Branson] Strong town
[Trivium, Klazam, Tchill13, Carcalilly] Lean town
[Boonskies, Fykus, Dunkerdoodles, Mulch] Null/lacks reading material
[TwoFace] Lean scum
[Sergtacos] Strong scum

I'm not going to really explain my reads right now though, at least not my reads above null.

TwoFace leans scum because while I imagine his style of play differs a lot from mine, the way he is calling some of the people suspecting him as scum for liars on things that are based on opinion feels off from a town perspective. It makes me think that he wants to build up conflicts to seem busy.

Sergtacos feels like strong scum for a few reasons. Firstly, I think he overplays the newbie-card since he's already finished a game here on site where he was town, and his game does not really read the same as then. Besides, he has several times referenced his previous times playing mafia both as town and scum, so I am a bit curious about how many games hes's really played.
Secondly, his posts are way too many but almost none of them actually does anything for the game. I find either jokeposts, his Klazam-beef which really just is some sort of reference to their IRL-thing, or loose reflections or thoughts. Where is the actual scum hunting? Then there is this post:
In post 368, Sergtacos wrote:What actions indicate they're scum to me?

Carcalilly- Trying too hard to be town and decided to target me after I went after for Klazam.

Klazam- For some reason I still refuse to believe he is town because if he was he would easily see that I'm town. But thinking if he's scum, he wouldn't say he sees me as town so that I have a chance of getting lynched in some time in the future. Secondly, Carcalilly voted me right after I seriously voted for Klazam. Seems odd.

Empiricus- Voted me after I seriously voted on Klazam. Got me thinking, ok if Klazam is scum, was Empiricus bussing at first in RVS then decided to vote on me since I voted on Klazam?

So is this the scum team? Idk.

TwoFace- Defended like crazy over a RVS? Still trying to be defensive.

No reads on others so far.

I'm not saying the people who I mentioned are scums, but I'm just saying if they are, this is why.
Really zooms me in on the fact that Sergtacos game is more focused on showing up how he plays town and builds almost all his casework on that Klazam fails to recognize that and therefore must be scum in the eyes of the taco. For me it looks like Sergtacos is scum trying to emulate his towngame and is overacting.
First off, I was just trying to push Klazam's buttons. It is our first time playing here together so I thought it would be funny if I was pushing his buttons. Anyway, THAT ISN'T WHY I think he's scum. I believe if he was town he would believe that I am town but since he's doubting, I'm not sure if he's doing that on purpose because he's scum, but to be honest, now as I think about it, I don't get why he would do that as scum so I'm taking my read of scum on him off.

OK OK HONESTLY HOW THE FUCK AM I ACTING LIKE A NOOB? SO LET ME GUESS NOOB=SOCIAL BUTTERFLY?! WELL GUESS WHAT, IMMA BE A NOOB IN EVERY FUCKING GAME I GUESS.

Jesus fuck.
This response is scummy, though.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 498, Trivium wrote:Hope the surgery goes well, twoface.

I don't think dueling wagons are scummy, I just don't want dueling wagons where one of them is one of my hard townreads.

I think we should lynch people who don't post as much over people who do, generally speaking. I don't like Bronson's posts at all, I feel like he pops in at only the most opportune moments and he doesn't strike me as genuine. Twoface could be another good option, he seems to be trying to appear active without actually scumhunting outside of people who pressure him. That said, there is a possibility twoface just has a really strong conviction with his current ideas about the game. I think Bronson is a better pick right now.

VOTE: Bronson

And I know I've said this a few times already, but I dislike the taco votes and Dunker's vote seems of the opportune.
Pronouns, please.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 526, Tchill13 wrote:Branson you're case against Carcalilly makes sense. Although it really just comes down to that one post and the the tone changes. I agree with you. I still think the sergtacos vote maybe the way to go... For now. I don't agree that taco's play is dead null. To me two-faces play is more null than sergtacos at this point. Two-face would also probably be the easier push seeing how a few have already indicated they think sergtacos play is null. Also my wagon question was directed at you Branson. You pointed out I was a town read before I posted about the wagons. Why did the wagons change that?
You were making observations that made sense and indicated that you were trying to use your scumread on Carcalilly to scumhunt beyond it. That looked town. I assumed that you would be more playing to try to follow that lead and try to increase the pressure, but posting that you wanted Carcalilly and Twoface to have competing wagons dispelled the tension entirely and destroyed that initial impression.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #31) » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Post by Branson »

Day one in general is much more indicative later on regardless of what actually happens.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #764 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:25 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 543, shuffleplay wrote:
In post 498, Trivium wrote: And I know I've said this a few times already, but I dislike the taco votes and Dunker's vote seems of the opportune.

@Trivium or anyone else really, could you explain to me the cons of lynching Sergtacos today? Obvious pro is if he is scum, we hit scum on D1. A lot of his posts have pinged me, especially the way he flip flops constantly (see above lol) I also like the read someone gave based on his previous game, saying that he did not sound the same. I'll verify that and read his existing meta when I get a second.

I understand that it could possibly be scum trying to push an easy mislynch maybe, but even if Serg is town, his flip would reveal a lot of information I feel like. Since he has been posting SO MUCH, it would be easy to go back after his flip and analyze his voting, who he was scumreading etc.

Also tbh I haven't properly caught up with the game since I last posted, I'll do that after work today, but just wanted to ask this Q first
This post is pinging.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (isolation #33) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 547, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 543, shuffleplay wrote:[quote="In post 498, Trivium"
And I know I've said this a few times already, but I dislike the taco votes and Dunker's vote seems of the opportune.

@Trivium or anyone else really, could you explain to me the cons of lynching Sergtacos today? Obvious pro is if he is scum, we hit scum on D1. A lot of his posts have pinged me, especially the way he flip flops constantly (see above lol) I also like the read someone gave based on his previous game, saying that he did not sound the same. I'll verify that and read his existing meta when I get a second.

I understand that it could possibly be scum trying to push an easy mislynch maybe, but even if Serg is town, his flip would reveal a lot of information I feel like. Since he has been posting SO MUCH, it would be easy to go back after his flip and analyze his voting, who he was scumreading etc.

Also tbh I haven't properly caught up with the game since I last posted, I'll do that after work today, but just wanted to ask this Q first
Im not sure if I mentioned a read on you or not but I don't think I have and the thing that pings me is you somehow know I'm town and you want to push on the mislynch even tho I didn't mention you as a scum read and maybe my scum reads are wrong and you want to take that into advantage.[/quote]
In post 548, Sergtacos wrote:Adding shuffle play to my scum read list
mmm

Sergtacos is probably town after this post. I don't think the reasoning itself is sound, but I get a feeling that this just isn't a scum mindset saying it.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (isolation #34) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 549, Tchill13 wrote:Taco's I don't see how you can scum read mulch at this point. I don't agree with the scum read on empiricus either. The two-face scum read is a little obvious... I don't think shuffle is trying to take advantage of you're scum read list.
I'm making a mental note here that if Tchill or Shuffleplay flip scum, the other has higher odds of flipping scum as well.

This post gives me the impression of trying to subtly deflect that thought process more than analyze the contents of it.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (isolation #35) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 551, shuffleplay wrote:
In post 547, Sergtacos wrote:
Im not sure if I mentioned a read on you or not but I don't think I have and the thing that pings me is you somehow know I'm town and you want to push on the mislynch even tho I didn't mention you as a scum read and maybe my scum reads are wrong and you want to take that into advantage.
So just because you didn't mention me as a scum read, that means I should not read you as scum? I don't actually know you're town at all, pretty sure I've mentioned multiple times that I think you are scum. My post was directly talking to people who DO think you are town, and asking them for explanations. That's because I am town, and I don't actually want a mislynch. But it is about weighing pros and cons against each other, which is what I'm doing in my last post.
Town wants to know why people are townreading their scumreads or attempt to get them to see their scumreads as scum.

The mindset of trying to appeal to people to join the wagon by trying to show them there's no downsides to lynching him is a really bizarre mindset that I'd expect from scum more than town.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (isolation #36) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:37 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 571, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 569, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 563, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 543, shuffleplay wrote:[quote="In post 498, Trivium"

The only con I can see so far is if he's a PR.
This now sounds scummy to me because there's no con if im a town? You're one less town that's a con. Sounds like you're trying to push a mislynch on purpose.

I could be wrong but it's what your tone is telling me.
Yeah I know you want me dead because I shit post but or is it that what the scums want? Pushing a mislynch just because I'm joking and shit posting too much?

Carcalilly you keep having me putting you back and forth in town and scum reads.
Carcalilly, I was reading your previous posts in the previous pages, saying a mislynch on me could be a policy lynch. Get me outta suspension.

Very true.

But your tone still doesn't help though. Also in fact I think you were rushing to get me out since I got a lot of votes on my head.

I could be wrong with it all but this is what I'm feeling and thinking.[/quote]

Alright, Sergtacos is definitely looking town.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (isolation #37) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 614, Mulch wrote:How can you scumread someone that's literally only read to page 2
In post 617, Mulch wrote:Considering your scumread is wrong, it makes me wannna vote you
Scum.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #38) » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 761, Trivium wrote:Tchill and empiricus don't come across that way, for the main point of this game they both seem to be been posting in ways that seem like they're trying to add to discussion without really doing so in a way I feel is towny and not goal focused in a scummy way. I don't necessarily think either of them are scum because of this, but the fact that I don't really see them as towny makes me feel uncomfortable. Twoface comes across as the type of player I'd want to lynch in a normal game, but I've read into his meta a little bit, and though I hate making decisions based on meta I've decided he's probably just being the way he is playing town.

This is pinging.
In post 761, Trivium wrote:Branson is probably scum, she plays a really focused analysis with a point to make and drops out, comes back in with a focus and drops again. I'm pretty convinced she's scum even if it's just day one.
This is a combination of me working very inconvenient hours and this being the type of game that's very difficult for me to get into. I haven't been able to get invested into the game enough to stay consistently caught up for both of these reasons.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #802 (isolation #39) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:53 am

Post by Branson »

If you can figure out why Carcalilly's case was so scummy, you get a cookie.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #804 (isolation #40) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Branson »

Carcalilly is a she
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (isolation #41) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Branson »

Lol that case
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #42) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by Branson »

I'm going to have to restructure my reads solely just from how utterly bad that case is.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (isolation #43) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 844, Mulch wrote:
In post 842, Branson wrote:I'm going to have to restructure my reads solely just from how utterly bad that case is.
Bad. Town just does it, you have to annouce WHY you are changing something. That is wolfy.
Or I'm showing emphasis on how much of an effect that case has on how I view the game.

I thought that was obvious.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #881 (isolation #44) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 866, Mulch wrote:
In post 139, Carcalilly wrote:
In post 126, Sergtacos wrote:
In post 125, Carcalilly wrote:Taco you're doing me a concern ^
How?
I'm aware that I'm tunneling but you're the only one with enough posts to make something solid out of so...
This is about you,
Sergtaco
~ Also threw in a little bit of advice in there because why not

Topic: Klazam Suspicion

- RVS vote
- Saying that they're lurking??? (IMO: He's mentioned it many times with Klazam, yet, he hasn't mentioned anyone else who's lurking.)
- Possible explanation as to why he's getting at them. ("Fight me"?)
- A vote and scum read without evidence. (Low-key red flag :!:)

IMO: Could this be a scum bussing attempt? Are you trying to get at Klazam? Why be persistent on it, especially with that vote in their absence? They have
one RVS post

Topic: Scumhunting

- Initial show of strong opinions on scumhunting
- He doesn't "believe in scumhunting" (IMO: It's a reasonable belief. However... keep reading)

IMO: You can consider scumhunting as NAI, but please don't emphasize being against it, as it can be discouraging. We want people to scumhunt, town or scum, because it STILL reveals information. Also, maybe focus on the
results.
This post is a highlight of my results, talking and questioning you was the hunting, for example.

Topic: Lightheartedness

!Now, I don't have anything against lightheartedness, but I just wanted to take this into account.!
IMO: Your posts have been very lighthearted, and I honestly enjoy talking to you because of that. However, I'm not going to ignore possible alt motives.
-I know that posting lightness can help emotionally when you are feeling heavy or guilty. Do you anything to feel guilty about, Taco?
-Provides distraction, keeps the game from moving forward.
-Appeal to emotion. Act friendly and get on people's good side.

Topic: Self Defense

A quick thing, but when I question him, he tends to turn it back against me.
- A vote after a clash of opinions.
- I'm suspicious of someone, and I'm "just saying that to look town"? Don't turn to that, that's a very easy and typical defense.
Defend. Yourself.

VOTE: Sergtacos
For now.

Anyway... someone else please come it. I don't like tunnel battles.
What the actual fuck is this? Is this the worst possible attempt at scumreading someone I have ever seen in my life?
Welcome to my strongtown list.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (isolation #45) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 813, Trivium wrote:
In post 770, Branson wrote:
In post 761, Trivium wrote:Tchill and empiricus don't come across that way, for the main point of this game they both seem to be been posting in ways that seem like they're trying to add to discussion without really doing so in a way I feel is towny and not goal focused in a scummy way. I don't necessarily think either of them are scum because of this, but the fact that I don't really see them as towny makes me feel uncomfortable. Twoface comes across as the type of player I'd want to lynch in a normal game, but I've read into his meta a little bit, and though I hate making decisions based on meta I've decided he's probably just being the way he is playing town.

This is pinging.
In post 761, Trivium wrote:Branson is probably scum, she plays a really focused analysis with a point to make and drops out, comes back in with a focus and drops again. I'm pretty convinced she's scum even if it's just day one.
This is a combination of me working very inconvenient hours and this being the type of game that's very difficult for me to get into. I haven't been able to get invested into the game enough to stay consistently caught up for both of these reasons.
I can understand if you've got irl issues and can't stay caught up (especially in this game), and that clears a bit of your scumlean for me, but at the same time I feel like you always just come in with some kind of super focused posts. It doesn't feel like commentary, it feels like you know things, like how you pop in when serg loses pressure and make a point as to why he's town, definitively. I'm probably not doing a good job at explaining that, but whatever.
I actually skim through the unread posts quite a few times throughout the day, I just rarely have time to actually respond when I'm doing as such. I don't specifically analyze through posts until I'm ready to start posting. Generally, when I'm 'catching up', I have
some
idea of what's been going on, but in very little detail.

The example you gave is really bizarre, since I only ever indicated once that I was scumreading Sergtacos at all. Even beyond that, I specifically posted that it was
only
that post that gave me any scum indicator at all, long after the wagon on him stalled out.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (isolation #46) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 822, Boonskiies wrote:
Branson
- He looks like he's fabricating the hell out his reads. Him pushing Carca looks fake as hell. Like, I agree that Carca seemed scummy, but I just get the feeling Branson saw that and ran with it, ya feel? When I'm scum, I can generally see when town is looking super scummy, and I feel that's what Branson did. I'm solidly scum reading this slot. His read list I felt that all his town reads were him trying to gain rapport and potentially turn into town leader and get them to follow him. If someone makes a case that isn't direct crap, i feel like he'd start pushing down a town read of his. This guy is going for a mislynch, and makes me kind of want to move Carca up a little. Scum.
Here's Boonskiie's entire case:

1. I'm faking my read on Carcalilly because I'm apparently seeing her as a really scummy town. Honestly, if it wasn't for that giant case a long time ago, which by the way was already like 90% of the reason I voted for her in the first place, I would've already hopped off of her and onto somebody else. I can accept everything else being weak points because really, they are. I used Carcalilly as a way to kick off my involvement in the game.

I'd point out the "trying to become a town leader" and "pushing a town read if someone makes a decent case", but I don't understand how I could both be trying to lead the town down whichever road I want them to go on, yet also be willing to sheep any good case onto anybody. It's complete nonsense.

The funniest part about this post is that he assumes I'd just sheep any good case I see, when I have both indicated that I don't actually sheep cases and haven't actually moved my vote off of Carcalilly ever since initially putting my vote onto her.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (isolation #47) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by Branson »

Also, I'm a she. Thanks.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (isolation #48) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 895, Carcalilly wrote: and : You low-key blamed me for trying to figure out the RVS interaction... and bring it more into the real game. I asked if it was related to the real game/if it was scummy etc.
Then,
you
go and question a oneliner.

: This doesn't look too good to me. All the "would" and "why" swip swap could be a way for you to twist my intentions. I literally just said "why".
We already went over this. The issue I was pointing out in 417 was specifically your tone shift, and what I said in 416 details pretty clearly why that comparison isn't applicable. I asked what Sergtacos' post was there for since I didn't understand why he posted that when he did. It was a single, simple question with an explanation for why I wanted it answered. You stretched it out to half a dozen questions.
: That is an extremely easy off the hook for an extremely scummy post. Are you just gonna like, walk past it and say, meh, looks normal cuz Tacobutt??
I agree that the post he made is scummy in a vacuum. The problem is, it fits the way he had been playing up to that point. Playstyle isn't scummy.
: New points were brought up. You didn't adress them, you just turned back, like "already taken care of"
As far as I know, everything Trivium had brought up there, I had already addressed in that day's catchup before reaching that post. Is there anything that I didn't?
: Empiri made it clear that it was weighing pros and
cons
. Brandson still says it as "no downsides".
Did... you read my post and the one I was referring to?
and : My my, things change don't they? It's easy jump on mulchs first posts, though.
I was scumreading Mulch for using the fact that he was being completely useless as a shield against being lynched. The read completely changed when he both fixed the problem and started making better posts.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #924 (isolation #49) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 901, Carcalilly wrote:Actually, a quick note for Brandson first.
1. Tends to warp post intentions
2. Tends to backtrack
Citation needed.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #925 (isolation #50) » Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 902, Carcalilly wrote:Dude,, since we can't shitpost anymore, let's shitcontentpost??

I remember when everyone did long isos, long cases, etc. etc.
So I'm honestly so thrown off rn

I feel like staying up and playing y'all got me excited
I don't miss those days.

Walls are awful.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1666 (isolation #51) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 am

Post by Branson »

Vedith gets all my props for allowing us to not waste a lynch on obvscum.

I'll rethink my reads a bit with Tchill being scum. That will be a bit later from now.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1667 (isolation #52) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:55 am

Post by Branson »

I can see Trivium being scum with both the flipped scum.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1668 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Branson »

Boon might be scum too.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1680 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 am

Post by Branson »

In post 1678, Ankamius wrote:
In post 1670, Trivium wrote:
In post 1668, Branson wrote:Boon might be scum too.
Boon? Why?
First, his initial reads had him admitting that there were good points for Carcalilly-scum, but he was very hesitant to follow through on them. At the same token, he used my suspicion of her to throw shade on me... on top of making a very fluffy case full of essentially nothing based on your own case on me.

He backed down from me near immediately when I called him out on his case without addressing it.

He also had Tchill as his strongest townread and turned on him after anti-Tchill sentiment started gaining steam.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1684 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:40 am

Post by Branson »

Yeah...

I was really hoping I'd be able to hide it until I'm ready to switch over to this account full time.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1780 (isolation #56) » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 1778, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 1668, Branson wrote:Boon might be scum too.
This is the biggest crap thing ever. That Tchill mafia flip confirms me as town basically.

Also, look back!! WOOOT. I STATED THERE WAS A GOOD CHANCE OF TCHILL AND CARACILLY BEING SCUM TOGETHER!!!!
That's as ridiculous as me saying that a Carcalilly-scumflip confirms me as town.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1948 (isolation #57) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Post by Branson »

Okay, in what universe does Sergtacos die?
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1949 (isolation #58) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Post by Branson »

I'm just going to warn you all right now, odds are very high I'm not going to take part in a massclaim and don't even understand why we're considering the possibility of doing it.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1952 (isolation #59) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by Branson »

In post 1951, Ankamius wrote:You can go ahead and try to brute force me all you want, it's not going to change the fact that massclaiming is essentially going to help scum more than town.
sigh
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1954 (isolation #60) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Post by Branson »

You say that like we need roles to PoE at all, as well as giving scum every single PR we have left unclaimed and preventing what small chance there is that they fall on their own sword because of it.

Plus, a competent scum is going to come out on top of that regardless outside of dumb luck.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1955 (isolation #61) » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:18 pm

Post by Branson »

Either way, I'm not taking part in the massclaim no matter what town decides.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2075 (isolation #62) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:18 am

Post by Branson »

In post 1987, TwoFace wrote:
In post 1985, Boonskiies wrote:@2F - Lynch me tomorrow.
why not today?
VOTE: boon
Never, Boon blatantly obvtowned today.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2079 (isolation #63) » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Branson »

Okay, just in the little I've done trying to investigate Serg's death, I've come to the conclusion that the only possible way it could have been calculated as the best choice is for pure WIFOM. That in itself means a few possible choices, but I won't bother going into them because they are all meaningless WIFOM in of itself.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2219 (isolation #64) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:22 am

Post by Branson »

I think I'm finally recovering from my sickness, so I'll get to this later today.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2346 (isolation #65) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Branson »

It's already looking like we ended up falling into the trap of looking at the game through the setup lens instead of the scumhunting lens, so I'm not really sure what more you need from me.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2347 (isolation #66) » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Post by Branson »

I was going to gambit softing a protective role to scare off the last scum from killing Boon tonight, but that's pretty pointless now.
Branson
Branson
Goon
Branson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2353 (isolation #67) » Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:25 am

Post by Branson »

I've got nothing to claim and really nothing else to say.

Don't expect anything later today either since this is yet another night that I'm not going to be able to sleep through. It would be a waste of time trying since I'll just be incoherent anyways and this type of gamestate is something I cannot work with at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”