inbetweeners mafia Game Over - Bully for you!

AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (isolation #0) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:52 am

Post by AgentOrange »

Hello, I am AgentOrange. I will catch up right now.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:32 am

Post by AgentOrange »

Bah, was gonna full catch up in one sitting but these walls of text are hurting my brain and I'm going to have to take a break. For now here are my thoughts on the first 11 pages.

Spoiler: thoughts as I read through the game
P1 - RVS, blah. I joined the game for the same reason MagnaofIllusions did. Don't know anything of the flavor, just liked the playerlist and saw jason was the mod.

P2 - I don't like ThAdmiral, I like MagnaofIllusions. I think The FOnz might be buddying my player.

P3 - I thought the Furcow wagon was just joking. Xis seems to actually want him lynched though under the guise of it being pro-town based on meta. Don't really like it but it's only page 3 so whatever. I like Don't Lynch Me. Sotty's peregrine vote is bleh. Xis' 68 is overly defensive.

P4 - Bleh, don't like Zang's "leaning scum on xis, but you're logical so I won't vote you". The scumread gives him an excuse to vote him later on, but by just saying he's logical it allows him to get away with not voting. Don't like Furc's uh... posts. Zang's case on Jarvis is stupid. Not surprised ThAd latches onto Zang's jarvis case and rides it.

P5 - Xis' unvote of furc is confusing. He wants him policy lynched for being a VI, but then he unvotes him for being a VI. The fact that he simply unvotes and doesn't move his vote to someone else is suspicious. Still don't like Zang. Xis' case on ThAd feels too little too late and doesn't earn him any town points, but does not look like scum partner distancing. Likelyhood of Xis + ThAd team is low.

P6 - honestly these walls of text are getting annoying. Just skimmed it, but nothing really stood out.

P7 - Jarvis is still town. MoI's attack on him is dumb. Vig on yates is dumb. Oh wait it's fake. Yates is null-scum.

P8 - I will have to double check Yates' supposed self meta. Yates moving further into the scum pile with 198, making a bold assertion that ThAd won't flip scum and "all we'll have is wagon analysis"

P9 - Observation: Yates has not given any scum reads, but has defended both ThAd and Xis. I like Fonz pressure on yates

P10 - Continuing to like Fonz push on Yates. Zang is still pushing a bad case on Jarvis. Dont lynch me town read further solidified with his posts this page.

P11 - More ugly walls. Still think ThAd is scummy, his buddying of my slot is noted. I side with Fonz on the Fonz vs. Yates

Top scum reads are ThAd, Yates, Xis (biggest to smallest). I do not think ThAd + Xis would be scum together, Yates could be scum with either. Zang is more of a milder scumread, I could see him with either as well. Town reads on MagnaofIllusion, Jarvis, Don't lynch me, Sotty. Slightly weaker town read on The Fonz. The rest (Furc, ree, Pere) are nullish, probably town just due to PoE, but if the scumteam isn't Yates/ThAd/Zang or Yates/Xis/Zang this is where I'd look next. Actually I have an ever-so-slight town read on Peregrine.
Just checked the flips, Sotty and Jarvis were town. I am awesome. Why hasn't ThAd been lynched?
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #548 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

Okay, all caught up for the most part. I did cheat a little bit and skim over a few pages because I got bored but I think I've got the gist of this game.

Spoiler: P12 - P22
P12/13 (lost count somewhere) - Yate's 298 "Not scumhunting doesn't make me scummy it makes me ineffectual" is a laughably bad defense. Yates' blind defense of ThAd is starting to look more like white knighting than buddy defending. However his defending of Xis is weaker and looks less like white knighting and more like straight buddy defending. Mr_Ree's "ThAd and Jarvis are scummy, vote: Jarvis because he will give more information" is bad. Voting for information isn't the scummy part - I've done the same as town when having to choose between two equally scummy players. The scummy part is that he actually thinks Jarvis Lynch will give more than ThAd (I strongly disagree with that) and doesn't state what information specifically he'd get out of it.

Can someone explain 311? The flavor is Rolls, ring, bird? Or actually explain the flavor at all?

P14 - Peregrine - 7 town reads really? and 1 scum read? Then scrolling down, your reasoning for 5 of them are essentially "they're playing to town meta" with no other reasoning. Yuck. Peregrine moving towards scum read.
Have to check Ree's meta, mainly to see if Fonz meta attack on him is justified.

P15 - I don't understand DLM's jump onto the Jarvis wagon.
P16 - Xis' jump onto Jarvis is just as bad as DLM's. Actually no, maybe not, I haven't been paying attention to deadlines to it's possible this is a deadline vote.

P17 - Fonz looking more and more town. ThAd still looking scum. Will have to analyze the flips in a separate post

P18 - Ree thinks the D1 wagons look worst for Amrun/Lanthir but votes Pere? I like MoI's point about ThAd looking scummy according to his own criteria of night kill analysis (post 439). MagnaofIllusion vs Fonz is town/town.

P19 - MagnaofIllusion's case on ThAd is spot on. Case on Fonz, not so much. MagnaofIllusion vs. Fonz is still town/town

P20 - Yates sheeping the amrun wagon "just to see what happens" is an excuse I see from scum more than town. Oh my god this page stop walling, excuse me for skimming most of this.

P21 - Zang's 516 looks town and legitimate scumhunting. Speaking of which, last few pages make Pere seem more town than scum.

P22 - Too many walls. I'll read this later.

Zang wrote:So, as scum, on page 4, I had to make up a reason not to vote for someone who I said I was leaning scum on?

Yes, that's what I said.

Zang wrote:Also, how was my case on Jarvis bad? and how did ThAd latch onto my case when he never voted for Jarvis and even later in the day, called Jarvis town?

Your case (I assumed you're talking about the one on page 4) is bad because it's entirely based on him flip flopping on page 4. That is not something scum do, scum try to look as consistent in their reads as possible early on and especially don't flip flop within a span of 5 posts. That's something town does actually. Scum very rarely "scumslip" like that, and it seems like you're grasping at straws for a scum motivation when there is none. But that is neither here nor there. No point arguing over a dead player's alignment.

He latches on because he doesn't start pointing out Jarvis' inconsistencies until a case has already been made on him. And the fact that he doesn't vote him just means he can push the lynch further without getting his hands dirty with an actual vote. And how was I supposed to know ThAd would just drop the case and call him town later on? This was my thoughts, AT THAT MOMENT when reading post 95/96.

~~
Still like MoI. Still like DLM. Still like Fonz.
Peregrine can be town for now.
ThAd and Yates are obvious scum and will get a separate case when I have time.
Lesser scumreads on Xis, Mr_Ree
Furc is bleh. Wouldn't be sad to see him gone.
I retract my previous scumread on Zang. He can be town (for now), not a super strong town read but less scummy than above and he doesn't look as bad starting day 2 after the jarvis lynch, and makes good points here and there so I can chalk his thirst for jarvis blood d1 to town tunnel vision.
I'm a bit conflicted. I think ThAd and Yates are both scum, but I don't think they're scum together based on Yate's hardcore defending of him. Actually ThAd doesn't seem to make much sense with any of my scumreads except Mr_Ree and maybe Furc. I still wouldn't be against lynching him obviously.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #549 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

UNVOTE: whoever
VOTE: ThAdmiral

Okay so
@MagnaofIllusions
This might be self-slot meta but Amrun doesn't replace out as scum, does she? How can you play the meta card when replacing out is clearly against her scum meta? Disappointed with you, you should be voting obvious scum ThAdmiral with me.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #564 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:26 am

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 551, Mr_Ree wrote:@Orange welcome to the game. I'm assuming this is an alt account? You don't seem all that new to Mafia despite your recent join date.

That is correct.

In post 558, MagnaofIllusion wrote: is scummy. You specifically say you replaced in based on a good playerlist not the theme. To look at the playerlist you would have had to look at which specifically shows Jarvis and Sotty already flipped Town.

“But MoI” you say “I knew the playerlist from the queue. I didn’t read the first post”. I don’t see how you managed to read the first 11 pages without seeing post 0 in the process.

I specifically avoided looking at the OP so that I could read the thread with a fresh unbiased perspective. How did I know the player list then? First of all, I had an idea of what players were in the game because I have spent a lot of time in the Coney Islant subforum following other different games, and noticed a pattern of certain players being in the "Last post by" column for this game. Without actually reading the game, it doesn't take a genius to make the connection that "last post by MagnaofIllusions in inbetweeners" means "MagnaofIllusions is in this game". When I was looking for a game to join, I didn't feel like waiting around in a queue so I looked at the replacement thread. Jason's was the only game that needed a replacement. I knew jason's games have similar player lists and recalled that I had seen many familiar faces in the "last post by column". Obviously I didn't have the entire player list committed to memory, but I had an idea. Then when I was making the final decision of whether to replace in or not I glanced at the last page of the game just to be sure and to see exactly what I was getting into.

Now you may be asking why I would look at the last page of the thread instead of the first. When scoping a game to decide whether I want to replace I don't really look at the first posts of the game, that doesn't make sense. I look at the later posts because that's a more accurate sample of the state the game is in and who I will be playing with. Plus, like I said, I would rather have an unbiased perspective when reading over a game, so I deliberately avoid reading the OP anyway if I know I'm going to replace in.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:So that post looks like “Oh, look how accurate I am! I had both already dead Town as such. I must be Town!”

That's stupid. Being right =/= being town. I was just congratulating myself out loud, because I enjoy being right about things.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Make you a deal – you work extra hard gathering the votes to lynch ThAd and if his wagon exclipses yours I probably join you. How’s that sound for a fair chance for you to
bus
scum-hunt?

Make you a better deal. Since you've made it clear ThAdmiral is a stronger scum read than me, you move to his wagon as soon as it gets one extra vote. You move your vote then, and we have a wagon of 3, same size as mine but with more momentum to it and on obvious scum. Of course, I will still be hard at work getting ThAd lynched regardless of where you place your vote today, just give me time and I will have a proper case on him.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 am

Post by AgentOrange »

Awwwww I hope your cat gets better :(
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 am

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 586, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Knowing you are an experience Alt this reads as a complete pile of garbage. Just an FYI. It is over-explained which I find especially given your Alt status as a strong indication you are making it up and frankly doesn’t pass the smell test to me.

1) What does me being an alt have to do with anything? Nothing.
2) I have to explain the entire thing at once because if I don't you're going to keep poking and prodding at me until I explain everything anyway, and then oops I might eventually say something that slightly contradicts what I said earlier and you'll think it's a scumslip and you won't shut up about it for the rest of the game. I've been mislynched countless times over bullshit like that, and I'd rather not go that route.
3) That is the honest truth. How many times have you lynched town because the actual truth didn't match your twisted version of the truth? I'm going to guess a lot.

Mr_Ree wrote:@Orange: What other name do you go by? Have you ever played a game with MOI before? I only ask because it really looks like you are trying to buddy him.

Dave.
I've played enough to know that he's always this arrogant and snappy no matter what his alignment. And believe me, if I was scum trying to buddy someone I would not pick him.

In post 597, Xisiqomelir wrote:
Do you intend to read the posts you have skipped or skimmed? For reference, approximately how long a post constitutes a "wall" in your view?

Do you intend to actually scumhunt or just ask me weak questions that won't help you figure out my alignment in an attempt to look like you're doing something?
~

That should answer everyone. As for why I haven't gotten around to my ThAd case yet, it's because I'm lazy and to me the word "case" is synonymous with the word "work". So I'll get to it, eventually.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #619 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:00 am

Post by AgentOrange »

If I'm rung up to L-1 it's important nobody hammer me and let me claim.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #621 (isolation #8) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 am

Post by AgentOrange »

I think it's better if the scum don't know exactly what I'm capable of, don't you think? I will claim if more people want me to.

I only brought it up because I don't want to be derphammered.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #625 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

I am Neil Sutherland 2 shot jailkeeper. I can send people to the hospital twice by giving them STDs, protecting them from kills but preventing their action. My first shot was used on MagnaofIllusion night 1.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #635 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 630, Xisiqomelir wrote:and AO has claimed but not answered any of the questions asked of him,

What questions have I not answered?

Ugh deadline is approaching fast and I don't think ThAdmiral is going to happen (my fault, really I should have been on his case more but finals and me being too lazy to think about mafia). Deciding whether I want Mr_Ree or Furc dead more.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #646 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:03 am

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 636, Xisiqomelir wrote:
@AgentOrange
:

In post 576, Zang wrote:

AgentOrange wrote:I look at the later posts because that's a more accurate sample of the state the game is in and who I will be playing with.

How does this not affect your perspective when viewing the rest of the game? Also, I doubt that you would have read any recent posts without somebody mentioning Jarvis or Sotty being town.

In post 597, Xisiqomelir wrote:@AgentOrange:
Do you intend to read the posts you have skipped or skimmed? For reference, approximately how long a post constitutes a "wall" in your view?

In post 607, Xisiqomelir wrote:
However, there is another thing I'm curious about: Where, precisely, has Yates ended up in your reads after this evolution of thought?

In post 544, AgentOrange wrote:
Top scum reads are ThAd, Yates, Xis (biggest to smallest). I do not think ThAd + Xis would be scum together,
Yates could be scum with either

In post 548, AgentOrange wrote:
I'm a bit conflicted.
I think ThAd and Yates are both scum, but I don't think they're scum together
based on Yate's hardcore defending of him. Actually ThAd doesn't seem to make much sense with any of my scumreads except Mr_Ree and maybe Furc. I still wouldn't be against lynching him obviously.

1) I only skim, I don't read intensely. Mainly what I'm looking for is activity, what players have posted on the last page, is there a bunch of walls of text or little posts, is deadline close, etc. ? Just getting a general idea. I admit it might affect my perspective slightly, but it didn't really this game. (at least to my conscious knowledge, I can't claim to know if this affected me subconsciously)

2) I answered that already by saying your question was stupid and looked like the kind of thing scum ask while active lurking. I will answer it if you can tell me why exactly you think this is important.

3) Well seeing as how post 548 is after post 544 and came after I read 10 more of the game's pages and thought about it more, it's safe to assume I changed my mind. So my opinion is obviously the second one now, I think they're both scum but unlikely scum together. I admit it's possible, just unlikely.

VOTE: Furclown

that's L-1
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #647 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:06 am

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 639, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Nope.jpg. The fact that you needed to use an alt at all indicates that you have reason to think your play would be judged based on your main. That you only disclosed this when directly asked further supports this to me. Which strengthens my thoughts that your reasoning was a big pile of garbage fluff.

That makes no sense. You think my reasoning was garbage based solely on the fact I don't want to be judged based on my main account? (which, might I add, isn't true and is not the reason I am alting here)
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #655 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:46 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 648, Xisiqomelir wrote:
In post 607, Xisiqomelir wrote:Asking further questions when I failed to receive an adequate response to a question where "yes, 5" would have constituted an adequate response seems like an exercise in futility,
especially since informed participation is predicated upon reading the game.

Explain in smaller words. I don't understand.

In post 652, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Clearly the point is the reasoning is a pile of garbage that stinks. The 'you being an Alt' point reinforces that for me since I think you wouldn't have hidden that fact upon replacing in unless you knew that it would never fly under your main.

Either that or you are an Amrun stunt alt trying to escape your scum meta and I will be having a serious discussion with Jason about propriety post-game.

1) I never tried to hide the fact that I was an alt. I'm not hiding anything. I also don't think me being an alt has anything to do with anything and request that you judge me based on my play and not my account status.
2) I am not Amrun. Amrun replaced out because she was busy or just wasn't enjoying this game. I find the fact that you accuse her of replacing out in order to pull some underhanded trick is
extremely disrespectful
to her, and in turn makes me lose some respect for you as a player. I think you should apologize to her.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #656 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 654, Xisiqomelir wrote:Well, let's have it out explicitly, then. I would actually prefer that lynch, and have put my vote back on him. How many others from here:

I hope everyone notices Xis' attempt to derail the wagon on a scummy lurker onto a power role this close to deadline.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #682 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:31 am

Post by AgentOrange »

Xis
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #684 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:37 am

Post by AgentOrange »

I wanted to roleblock scum. It was between him and Thad, but I figured I was so vocal about Thad that if he were scum he might shy away from making a night kill. So I went with Xis as the less obvious target.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #686 (isolation #17) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:02 am

Post by AgentOrange »

Weren't you the one who said we should discuss this first before rushing into a lynch? I want everyone to check in and weigh their opinion, especially if that opinion is a cop guilty or something of that nature.

But yes, I will most likely be voting him in the near future.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #714 (isolation #18) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:35 am

Post by AgentOrange »

Anyone have anything to say before I hammer this dude?

PEdit: Okay a list of reads first
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #715 (isolation #19) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:37 am

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 692, PeregrineV wrote:@Agent- So you are going with JK as a blocker on Qis and not as protection?

Well I honestly thought I was going to die last night, so I figured going for a protection would be kind of pointless
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #811 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

Back. Reading.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #824 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 820, PeregrineV wrote:@Agent- And........?

And I don't have much to say. I don't really think it's that important to wait for MoI since he's smart enough to keep his mouth shut as caught scum, but it's not like we have much else to do. To whoever asked, no, I can't clear any body. I don't know why you'd think I'd be able to. Sorry for not posting much, I've been busy. My activity should pick up after the 7th.
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #836 (isolation #22) » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by AgentOrange »

In post 825, Dont Vote Me wrote:It's Jailkeeper mechanics, I thought you'd be familiar with them. If there's a nightkill on a night that you jail Player N, then we know N did not submit the nightkill and it's likely that N is not scum.

I thought that only works when there's one scum left? Doesn't really tell you much about alignment with 2 scum still alive. Either way point is moot since I have no shots left.

This day has dragged on long enough. Nothing is happening. I don't want jason to have to find another replacement that's just going to be lynched.

VOTE: MoI's slot
AgentOrange
AgentOrange
Townie
AgentOrange
Townie
Townie

Post Post #853 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:19 am

Post by AgentOrange »

Played horribly. Oh well. GG other scum team was sure Fonz was town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”