SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:45 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Jake from State Farm says "We can dance, we can dance, everybody look at your hands"

dat wifom.

Vote: Mr_Ree

dat proclamation
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:49 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Why are you so insecure about people meta'ing you, TNE?
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:31 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Oh, pays to read the rules again. Didn't realise the mod got a dream too. And confession time; who else forgot they signed up to this game until they got the role pm? :oops:

@TNE so surprise us.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:24 am

Post by SafetyDance »

@Mod - was this invalid?

In post 8, serrapaladin wrote:Actually,

Mr_Ree said: "Now comes the mystery"
In post 2, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
GAME SPECIFIC RULES

During the Night Phase, all players (and mod) send in answers to the topic for the next day. At the start of each day Phase, I will have post with everyone's suggestion (but not who said what).
Once per vote count
players can guess who said what. If they are correct, they will receive a point. If at the end of the day, your phrase hasn't been guessed, you will receive a point.
PHRASE GUESSES WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED UP UNTIL THE HAMMER VOTE HAS BEEN CAST.
At the end of the day, points will be redeemed for a possible 1-shot power role (unless other wise stated) that can be used during any night phase.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:25 am

Post by SafetyDance »

*phrase
In post 43, BT wrote:
Guess: Guy_Named_Riggs said "We can dance, we can dance, everybody look at your hands"

Needs more votes on Darthe. It's dubious that he bothers bringing up the towncred argument only to go for the nothing vote.
Plausible
In post 45, Mr_Ree wrote:No Pope brags about how good of a bad Guy they are.
Why are you wagon-hopping for no serious reason?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:30 am

Post by SafetyDance »

I would have thought the giant red text gave the reason why, BT. Read the first page.

edit - no, I'm not (fwiw).

Someone who is calling out a scum team under the guise of RVS, then uses it again to wagon hop? Needs more votes
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 am

Post by SafetyDance »

It was a mix up on my behalf. I don't want toy with site rules so that's going to have to be sufficient info
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:43 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Does it really need spelling out? Look at Post 5, then Post 8. Note the username, note the avatar, note the game rules.

There's no mod error, I just want to know if that second one if right (which is wasn't) would be valid.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:32 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 108, Mr_Ree wrote:OMGUS? I'm voting Safety... :?
Which is funny because you are OMGUS'ing me:
In post 64, Mr_Ree wrote:First vote was RVS, second vote was semi-serious. Obviously nobody can pick out any kind of 100% sure scumtell during RVS, if, in fact, there exists a 100% sure tell at all.

You should know about that one in particular... >_>

The vote on TIP is because of something wifomy that could go either way. Scum wouldn't proclaim they are good at playing scum unless that's what he wanted us to think. See? Wifomy yes, completely out of the question, no. Hence the semi serious vote worded like RVS.

unvote, vote Safety Dance

For trying to paint my actions as scummy at such an early stage.
Not trying to "paint" anything. You voted arbitrarily trying to call out a scum team then your next vote was on TIP for no legitimate reason (you yourself said it wasn't sully serious). Trying to prolong RVS is scummy, ergo my vote.

Not liking Bert's push for a case from TIP despite no reads proffered from himself and his vote left on an RVS.
In post 88, serrapaladin wrote:BT might be right about Darthe, but I don't like Safety's Ree-vote and his weird rule interpretations.
I wasn't interpreting, I was asking the mod for clarification. It wasn't made completely clear. I don't know what is weird about trying to understand the game mechanic.

You plan is fine but you realise at the moment havingfitz/Mr_Ree hold a knowledge advantage of the rest of us because they know who guessed right on 10, so they know who not to guess a phrase belongs to.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:34 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

Darthe said "Fly little bird, fly free"

In post 89, BT wrote:I think same-phrase guessing is a good idea.

Guess: Bert said "Fly little bird"

What in particular do you find weird about the rule interpretatons Serra?
You do know Mr.Ree just earned a point for guessing Bert's phrase? :|
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:53 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 148, Jake from State Farm wrote:Safety looks painfully town with the whole rule clarification thing. Plus I've butted heads with him before and my early gut read says he's town. Out of the safety/Ree exchange Ree comes out looking worse.
Yay, no D1 argument with Jake \o/ Yes, that was Monopoly, where you voted the cop in lylo. Good times...
In post 157, BT wrote:Jake:
In post 51, SafetyDance wrote:Someone who is calling out a scum team under the guise of RVS, then uses it again to wagon hop? Needs more votes
Ree did not 'use' his calling out of a scumteam to 'wagon hop'.
In post 117, SafetyDance wrote: Not trying to "paint" anything. You voted arbitrarily trying to call out a scum team then your next vote was on TIP for no legitimate reason (you yourself said it wasn't sully serious). Trying to prolong RVS is scummy, ergo my vote.
Safety didn't say "hey, Ree is prolonging RVS, VOTE" earlier so this reads like he just wanted to keep his vote supported.

This is obviously a serious vote?
Um, no. He used his VOTE to wagon hop, for a non-serious, blase reason
onto
TIP, ergo my voting staying. You would think encouraging more votes would mean that yes, my vote was serious and that why it stayed where it was. His two votes did nothing to get us out of RVS. Do you disagree?

I find it strange that you've suddenly 180'd from understanding to failing to comprehend here.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:57 am

Post by SafetyDance »

We're not going to lynch anyone until all phrases have been guessed. There's plenty of time for it. Also if you post + guess as well if you haven't since last VC. The more votes, the less POE...which would make the plan pointless.

Which means, TNE = :facepalm:

Guess: TIP said This is my body double
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:58 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Mod, I will be V/LA Friday, Saturday, Sunday
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:26 am

Post by SafetyDance »

I'm around. Will catch up with everything after work and watching Homeland!
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #14) » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:34 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Sorry guys but I am now at /LA indefinitely as I can only access at work until laptop is fixed. I'm not sure what I will do on the weekend, will think of something.

BT, JFSF, Serra, Bert, hfitz I feel are town.

TIP, TNE, MR are campaigning their own town-ness. Which is flat out wrong and doesn't help reading their slot. Happy to lynch from here.

Darth, Aero, Dry, IV are null to gut scum reads that need to be refined.

UNVOTE
for the moment.

I am not understanding why 'The Plan' is not being followed consistently either. It loses all meaning if PoE becomes easier.

GUESS: TIP said "Rosebud"
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:04 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 420, Mr_Ree wrote:Do you feel Jake is campaigning his own townieness?

If yes, Why did you not include him? If no, why not?

Why are you willing to Lynch more than half the playerlist? I'm assuming you are willing to Lynch your null scum reads as well. Correct me if I'm wrong there.

Wouldn't any townie about to be lynched say they were town? Please quote the posts I campaign my towniness.

@Jake, please let Safety answer for himself.
No, I don't think he is doing that.

13 players. 3 people willing to lynch
atm
. 3/13=23% 23=/=50. Remedial classes are thatta way ---->

No one in this game has been "about to be lynched". Happy to be proved wrong if you can quote the evidence there.
In post 427, thenewearth wrote:You, person, are obviously trying to paint us.

Basically you're saying "Shit too town! Must be scum!"

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Saftey
And you are recycling old lines from Mr.Ree. Lol.

That last sentence makes NO sense whatsoever. No, go read over again.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:05 am

Post by SafetyDance »

GUESS: Aeronaut said "Mama, take this badge off of me."
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:22 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 438, Mr_Ree wrote:
TNE said Mama take this badge...

I would have thought that was Bert...

Safety So what you are saying is you would rather Lynch people who say they are town over your null and scum reads who, you just said you are NOT willing to Lynch.

I got to what... L-2ish... before saying anything about my alignment. Why are you ignoring the numerous times Jake has said he was town...?

Vote Safety Dance
LOL, if you're going act like this, I'll just put my vote back on. Since all you are doing is one protracted OMGUS.

I find you three scummy and you three are extolling your towniness which I find bad. I said I have a town read on Jake, sp why would I find him scummy?

About to be lynched = about to be hammered. L-2 isn't anywhere close to that, let alone being at L-1. You're over-reacting which just shows scum behaviour. Your mindset is more focused on yourself, the votes on your wagon, and the possibility of your lynch. Scum is more afraid of being lynched and focused on vote counts.
In post 442, Mr_Ree wrote: Doesn't help reading their slot = happy to lynch

Null and gut scum reads = Not willing to lynch

problems reading slot = Null,
Gut scum = Not willing to lynch.

Is anyone else having a problem with this?
Yes. Your misrepping.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:26 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 443, thenewearth wrote:Already tying the knot
See, this is
not
town play. Which is why town-reading 40, is a crock of shit.
In post 447, Jake from State Farm wrote:^ I realize I always call him gnr and then I was like WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE. GNR sang that song.

am I right? who knows but damn if it doesn't make sense.

at this point through we need to get through the phrases and then we can all lynch serra. That is an awesome plan
Jake:
In post 444, Darthe wrote:I still disagree with "the plan" but, considering what it is isn't saying that you have a clear solution counterproductive to it?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:25 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 460, Dry-fit wrote:Yeah I don't think discussing this hypocrisy thing further is going to be productive.

Meanwhile, Darthe continues to do nothing as we near deadline and the game needs a serious kick in the ass. TNE is doing the same.
TheIrishPope wrote:I think...
I dunno what to think.
We need a flip. ANY flip.
Vote Darthe.
In post 465, TheIrishPope wrote:VOTE: Darthe
Vote: TIP

For continuing to do nothing as we near deadline and the game needs a serious kick in the ass.

We actually have some time but have 5 guesses we need to do. So anyone that hasn't put their guess on this VC (#6), do it. Do not understand grown adult's inability to follow a simple plan.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #509 (isolation #20) » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:26 am

Post by SafetyDance »

No, Jake, Serra is not a good vote.

TIP or TNE to lynch today. TNE has been useless, her reason for going against the plan doesn't make sense and she's actually profiting from it, which makes it worse. TIP, in my experience is lazy but confident in reads. Not lazy and useless.

Willing to compromise-lynch on MR, HF, IV. In that order.

We have plenty of time. There's things I want to discuss too when I can free some time.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:13 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Guess: Dry-Fit said Tell my wife...she's not allowed to marry again

In post 550, Mr_Ree wrote:4 players left to guess for rosebud

About the same for mama

Poe it and we can finish these two off this VC.
This really shits me. The person trying to talk about POEing just buttfucks it by smugly voting against everyone else, whilst keeping track. The whole point is so we know who DOESN'T get points.

The plan has not been followed AFTER we agreed on it, and as a result 3 guesses are now known, combined with people's own phrases and the early guesses....that's just far to much PoE for people who are keeping track to to game the plan that was agreed on. Not just Ree, IV and HF too, even TNE have done it.

Really, "about the same for mama". Nah, Ree is more intelligent than that. There's only one person who DIDN'T repeat a guess on #6.

Really, since #6 was already a group-guess before it should have moved onto the others that haven't been touched, likes #5 and #7
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:15 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 511, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 508, havingfitz wrote:Fsag....can you restate your case on serra?

p.edit. to JFSF
basically he isn't explaining his reads, he is going out of his way to avoid explaining his reads and he isn't scum hunting. He is pushing for a darthe lynch and can't even provide a singlular good reason for why. The only reason he does give, serra is equally guilty of doing himself. Not to mention he has the audacity to accuse me of tunneling when that is all he is doing himself.

there is absolutely no town motivation to deny town information and that is what he is doing by refusing to explain himself.

on top of that he is doinging absolutely NO SCUMHUNTING
and now the icing on the cake is now he is lurking and people thought my hatred for lurking was bad before, having just lost 2 games due to both scum lurking I have a hatred for it more then I ever have.

NOW you know me, most people know me and how stubborn I can be.

ask yourself this. What will make this game less annoying, lynching serra day 1 and shutting me up OR not lynching him and have me tunnel on him every single day phase until either he is lynched or I am killed?
Gotten rid of the irrelevant crap. Your confirmation bias and butthurt because of previous games is not an acceptable reason, activity is not an alignment tell anyway, nor are you applying this to everyone - just Serra. Also bargaining? No Jake, you are not anywhere close to conf-town to be trying to negotiate. If you are town and will attempt to gamethrow by just unconditionally tunnel then don't be surprised if you don't last long yourself in this game or future ones.

Onto your actual reasons - Now I don't agree with most of his reads but Serra backed himself and his reasons when he was here early on. You are ignoring that. Having your own reads and defending them properly is town. You are choosing to interpret him not being here atm as you wish. He should be pressured to explain himself and his reads but lynching him for it? Not acceptable.

Now, serra's activity hasn't been perfect but again that stuff is not a core reason to vote someone, especially Serra. There have been far more useless people in this game than him. He also gave us the plan which should count for something, on day one at least. I'm not saying that just because he suggested it he's town, it's not alignment indicative either but it should at least count in his favor, especially against other players, especially today.
In post 1, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:
Activity

Prods will be issued to players if they have not posted within a
48-hour period
; they will have 24 hours to respond in the game thread before I search for a replacement.
I will also send reminders on request as long as at least 30 (1 Day, 6 Hours) hours have passed since the player's last post.
2. Players who have been prodded 3 times are subject to replacement without further notice. Player-requested prods do not count toward this total.
3. If you anticipate being away for at least 48 hours, please PM me or post a V/LA notice in the thread with the expected date of your return.
@Mod - looking at his ISO, he's due for at least 1-2 prods beforehand and it's been 3 days now so request prod. Also if needing to be replaced (with others), request for deadline extension, thanks.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (isolation #23) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:20 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 570, Jake from State Farm wrote:Where the fuck is safety. He can confirm this isn't the same Serra as clue
You are confusing me for someone else I think. Link the game?

Jake, you want to hate on lurkers, then gtfo serrra and vote this guy:

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

Where the fuck is there any sort of attempt at scumhunting or playing the game of mafia. This isn't a newbie and IV is definitely not one.

There's also the fact that his guessing, is extremely focused, and based on what is already been said. He also acknowledges the plan, but then goes and votes against the grain when he knows odds are in his favor to guess right. Now there's nothing wrong per se with being smart and actually reading...but this guy is doing that whilst ignoring playing the game, openly ignoring the plan he knows about if he finds a phrase more favorable. Then there's this:
In post 316, innocentvillager wrote:Wait how does this setup even work

Sorry omg hahahahahhaa
For someone that has been paying attention to the setup and guesses this is clearly a faux attempt at stupidity.

Vote: innocentvillager
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (isolation #24) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:09 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Jesus Jake, you are a mini Kuribo. Read what I wrote. Also Serra posted #147
SIXTEEN DAYS AGO
. He's posted plenty since then. That straw you're grasping, its tiny.

Put your easily bruised ego away for a game or two. Please.
In post 577, Jake from State Farm wrote:
Effective immediately lurking is no longer a null tell. If town is lurking then they will just be a casualty of war.
No, that's just your opinion. If it is your opinion, put your vote where your mouth is and vote IV.

There's over 2 days, which is plenty of time for people to switch because people should be visiting the thread.

I'd LOVE for people to tell where in IV's post he even plays mafia, let alone comes off as town. If no one can come up with a reason then he is a perfect compromise lynch and alternative...which is what happens when you wait to deadline to lynch. People compromise.

If you can explain the logic that the way he plays is better play than someone who's helped ALL of us irt the guessing, to someone who's given reads...then I'm all ears.

As to my vote, I've given my scum reads and people willing to lynch, Darthe and Serra are not in them, so I am not going to vote them let alone try to appeal to people to vote them. I will only do so to prevent a no lynch.

So go on, look at IV, actually think about that slot, then vote it.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:03 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 579, Jake from State Farm wrote:post 147 is a useless post, why are you pointing to that post?
In post 577, Jake from State Farm wrote: links? cause BT asked him and he said he wanted to wait for more people to post, I asked him and he kept refusing me.
:roll:

No, IV is not a policy-lynch. Thanks for admitting you're not even bothering and you're completely close-minded to what everyone else is saying (unless it's in agreement to you).

Just because you can't see past ONE read, doesn't change the reality of the game for the rest of us.

EXAMPLE:
In post 586, Jake from State Farm wrote: you are tunneling
lurking
~ applies to IV

stalling
~ applies to IV

denying town information
~ applies to IV

not playing like someone who is trying to find scum
~ applies to IV
In fact you are doing all of those too bar lurking. You're tunnelling and myopic focus on Serra is helping stall the game which is denying us information and a lynch. Tunnelling on one person is not someone who is trying to find scum but someone who's already made his mind up on who his target is (tunnelling).
In post 589, Dry-fit wrote:SafetyDance actually makes good points about innocentvillager.
Thank you. Someone is cognitive.

It was as much for everyone as just Jake. Now put your vote there so we can get the wagon rolling.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:06 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 587, LnGrrrR wrote:
Guess SerraPaladin said "Are you sure this is safe?"
In post 590, LnGrrrR wrote:Dry, not yet. It's a busy weekend for me (my kid turned 4 today; going to the World Series game tomorrow, wife's bday Sunday).

That said, I have a few reads right now (on page 11). Just figured I would wait until I finish to share fully.
The deadline is Sunday night...which is convenient.

Why after acknowledging the plan that we are all following...have you then decided not to follow it after the very next VC?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:20 am

Post by SafetyDance »

@Darthe - next post give a full read list on the rest of the town. Minimum two sentences each.

This is a thought dump which may be rushed but Serra's plan here is fine, regardless of any discussion before about next step of trying to control where points go later on in the game. The key to it is that where the points are being distributed is anonymous, which helps focus the game on scumhunting and beauty of it is that you can't guess your own phrase, which is an inherently scummy tactic here and we don't know where points could go. They could be all spread out or all going to different people. If followed properly, you don't know. For sure scum could guess and get points but derr, they can do that anyway if it's just free-for-all. That's not a plan-breaking problem. No idea if scum have had pre-talk D1 but tomorrow they will have talked, so have to assume they will know each others phrases and will try to guess accordingly. If people think that's a problem then there are ways around it...but it requires more thinking and planning, which, considering this town, KISS should be adopted.

The problem where all this falls into a heap is if 1, 2, 3 or more don't follow it, then those that ARE, are at a disadvantage and those that break the mould and guess right...just increases the chance of other phrases to be guessed correctly by others who aren't following it and then the whole point falls into a heap because of process of elimination.

I do think if we are to follow it tomorrow we need to refine the Guessing Plan or try to police it ourselves as much as possible to make sure as many people follow it tomorrow and those that doen't get labelled insta-scum and policy-lynched. It's not in town's interest to not follow a town-motivated plan, so there's literally no reason for people not to. Easiest way to do this is go down the list of phrases from 1-13 each VC. Before the first VC we all try and guess for Phrase 1, then Phrase 2 etc. Anyone who doesn't follow it or amend their guess if it was a mistake, gets run up and lynched. If people post without guessing for the next VC, they get a strike. 3 strikes and you're lynched too.

This plan doesn't require constanst activity, it's remarkebly simple. It just requires everyone to be engaging, actually using their brain...which is what they should be doing anyway!
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:25 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 593, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 591, SafetyDance wrote:
In fact you are doing all of those too bar lurking.
You're tunnelling and myopic focus on Serra is helping stall the game which is denying us information and a lynch. Tunnelling on one person is not someone who is trying to find scum but someone who's already made his mind up on who his target is (tunnelling).
ok the bolded is an outright lie

secondly if you were reading the game you would know that I was already suspicious of Ree before I was suspicious of serra, my focus changed to serra when his actions proved to me he was scum so technically I am not tunnelling on anyone. The fact that I changed focus off Ree, who I was tunnelling on since I had less against him as it was mainly gut and went to Serra who is less gut and more based on his actions in the game proves I am not tunnelling.
No, it's not a lie Jake. I gave all the reason's why after I said that. Good job ignoring it.

Tunnelling on one person, then tunnelling on another is still (wait for it...) tunnelling!

Does it ever enter your brain, that the reason why so many people avoid you is your bullish and my-way-or-they-highway behaviour? It surely must, I mean otherwise you wouldn't be playing on an alt and making it a secret who you were before. You must've pissed off a lot of people then too.

Anyway I'm off till Sunday night.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:06 am

Post by SafetyDance »

You want a fucking pissing contest about the validity of wagons or the persuasiveness of reads, Jake:
In post 507, thenewearth wrote:VOTE: Serra

I'll take you up on that deal
Bargaining!
In post 514, Bert wrote:I feel so guilty about being behind, man ahahaha

Vote: Serra
Not confident in this vote, but I think Jake's town, so there's that?
Sheeping, with an out posted.
In post 562, Darthe wrote:Also, VOTE: unvote vote serra

What are the reasons for each of the people voting Serra to be voting him?
Self-preservation vote and a hypocritical question - he gives no reason why he's voting.
In post 606, Dry-fit wrote:Well looks like its time get a-lynching.

Unvote. Vote: serralpaladin.

It's your lucky day jake.
More sheeping.
In post 620, TheIrishPope wrote:VOTE: serra
Fuck knows.

That's the Serra wagon. 1/6 people who actually have a case on him....and that's one person is someone who's had a case for him since 4 days into a 21-day game-day and has since done nothing but tunnel and try to beat down anyone who's had contrary opinion against it since.

The town on that wagon should be ashamed, that gives SFA information on the wagon in future VCA and doesn't help one bit, regardless of flip. All people are doing is trusting the guy that shouts the loudest and is the most aggressive in his pig headiness.

Then you have the gall to try and paint me scummy for telling you the holes with your case, telling you how weak your reasoning are and that they can be applied to IV, how your play style is doing as much harm and negative impact as what you are claiming Serra is doing?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Fuck you, for trying to claim I'm scummy for trying to get another wagon happening when no one that is on your serra-wagon is on it for any other reason than a compromise and if people are compromising for Serra they can certainly try and consider an IV lynch.
In post 611, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 608, LnGrrrR wrote:Can someone break down the reasons why they think Serra's wagon is better than the Darthe wagon?

Also, what a weird game to go see last night.
how about the fact that as deadline is near we have a player (safety) who in a last ditch effort to save serra has now started tossing a new person (IV) into the equation and at the same time attempting to discredit the person pushing serra (me)?

There is no town motivation to all of a sudden discredit by falsely accusing me of things that anyone reading the thread can plainly see I am not doing.

how about the main proponent to a darthe lynch just happens to be serra and he has out right refused to explain why he is his biggest scum read other then saying that he is being useless which applies to serra as well.

Us darthe useless and kind of scummy? absolutely but Serra has refused to explain his reads and since scum have to fake reads, refusal to explain them hints that his reads aren't genuine.

that's my opinion anyway.
Fake reads? OMFG. The temerity of you Jake. FFS

THIS IS FAKE READS:

Spoiler:
In post 362, Bert wrote:I feel so guilty about being so apathetic about this game - I finally caught up two nights ago though!!! And I came up with next-to-nothing, but I might as well spill since it's better than nothing! It's a mess though. Still no solid reads or opinions.
In post 483, Bert wrote:Ahhhh Bert snap out of it!!! I will be back with consistent comp access tonight - I will not forget!! And I will post or slap me silly!
In post 514, Bert wrote:I feel so guilty about being behind, man ahahaha
In post 557, Bert wrote:I've just been having trouble focusing
In post 603, Bert wrote:Tomorrow's another 21 day D2. *groan* Come on, Bert, be optimistic! Keep your chin up! GET IN THE GAME DUDE
In post 612, Bert wrote:9 more hours...

guys hurry up and get a lynch before a NL happens

THIS IS FAKE:

Spoiler:
In post 195, innocentvillager wrote:VOTE: Jake From State Farm
In post 490, innocentvillager wrote:
Vote Mr_Ree

THIS IS FAKE:

Spoiler:
In post 188, thenewearth wrote:Jake is town

Serra is town

Dry-fit null-scum (because of the opportunistic sheep)
In post 602, thenewearth wrote:Gaise

Y Serra Not lynched?
In post 607, thenewearth wrote:it's serra or nothing

I'd rather have serra.

THIS IS FAKE:

Spoiler:
In post 465, TheIrishPope wrote:VOTE: Darthe
In post 502, TheIrishPope wrote:That wasn't really a question but whatever
Darthe and Ree are my top two (Ree one is fading, will have to meta him)
Reasons when I get a computer, though it's all pretty obvious
In post 620, TheIrishPope wrote:VOTE: serra

WHAT YOU ARE CALLING FAKE:

Spoiler:
In post 125, serrapaladin wrote:
Jake said "fly little bird"

is just all sorts of weird. Being condescending about mechanics is bad (particularly when wrong), and the thing about my avi is just confusing. I get the feeling Safety's rules thing is more "trying to say something clever about the rules" than "help people understand them".

Jake is still town and Ree's arguments are slightly pedantic in places. I am still leaning town-town on them, though. I'm getting mild flashbacks of Ree and my argument towards the end of the Slender game.

TIP and tne are town, too.
In post 180, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 178, Jake from State Farm wrote:early interaction felt like you were partners, specifically changing of the phrase felt like you had inside knowlege (see my scum theory I posted earlier)
What the hell sort of reason would I have to guess at my scumbuddy's phrase twice? Just because you think you see a connection between us doesn't mean we're scum...
In post 178, Jake from State Farm wrote:your town read/defense of ree makes no sense because nothing about his posts have been pro-town, in fact they have been
very anti-town
Because he's wrong about you/Safety? But surely that is just assuming he knows your alignments, which is begging the question.

I think he's acting very similarly to how he was going after people in Slenderman.

My read on him isn't particularly strong, mind you, but I don't see why you think Safety comes out of their argument looking more townie (hey, look, another read you barely justified).

As an aside, it's interesting to see how you're willing to disregard what may or may not be theoretically optimal play because of how sure you are I'm scum.

I know 'stalling' is a nice buzzword to call people scummy over, but have you considered what scum-me would have to gain by not explaining my reads when asked to? Stalling as scum only really makes sense if you have some target to stall towards. I'm sure you're not implying I'll be inactive until DL, since I mentioned I would explain once everyone had posted and have been decently active otherwise, so what use would it be for scum-me to wait for a short while to explain my reads? Stalling to give reads (which, you know, a bunch of other people are doing) makes sense for scum, since they won't have to commit to reads. Explain why stalling to explain reads is scummy.
In post 179, Jake from State Farm wrote:Serra quickly changing like that was completely strange and being right just makes it even worse.
I changed because I reread them paying a bit more attention, and the quote LITERALLY HAD "MYSTERY" IN IT, hence I decided it was more likely that that was his quote. I also don't know whether or not I'm right, but your "theory" that I would immediately guess my partners phrase is bad, and you should feel bad.
In post 334, serrapaladin wrote:Jake, how do you feel about your own signature?

There's nothing town about that post by Darthe, which basically amounts to "oh crap I might be lynched for inactivity, so let me give a superficial and meaningless commentary to a few quotes". And his earlier play didn't add up. He made a lot of random accusations of people fishing for towncred without drawing any real conclusions.
In post 409, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 403, BT wrote:Quick preliminary thing before I catch up:
In post 334, serrapaladin wrote:Jake, how do you feel about your own signature?

There's nothing town about that post by Darthe, which basically amounts to "oh crap I might be lynched for inactivity, so let me give a superficial and meaningless commentary to a few quotes".
And his earlier play didn't add up. He made a lot of random accusations of people fishing for towncred without drawing any real conclusions.
I thought this was too decisive. Serra also neglected to explain his reads like I asked him too (and now Jake).

Darthe are you done catching up? The fact that you started doing so but then just kind of stopped gives you no points here.
Do you disagree then? Darthe's catchup post looks like a standard "crap I need content to make people back off" post, and I feel pretty good about my scumread on him, so it fits into the picture.

So Jake, I don't want you to policy lynch anyone, I just want you to help lynch Darthe, who is useless AND scum. Also, I'm getting particularly bored by you pointing out what you think I need to post. I think I've said at least something about ~all of my reads (again, compared to several players who are just happily lurking along), and I couldn't care less whether you reject the reads I had coming out of RVS. If you wanted to be constructive, you could for example suggest why you don't think Darthe is scum, rather than your current contrarian tunnelling.
In post 580, serrapaladin wrote:
In post 553, Darthe wrote:I gotta reread this.

Any reason I'm being voted for that holds up?
This guy is still scum, btw.

If you've read/played in a handful of my games, you'll know my activity varies quite a bit. At the moment, I don't have time for much of anything.

Jake, while still more likely town than not, is useless as long as he's tunnelling on town, but I guess that's what I get for antagonising him. The parts of his arguments that aren't waffly bullshit mostly rely on my initial refusal to fully justify my reads out of RVS (which I continue to defend as logical play while many people were missing any sort of content), and his subsequent refusal to accept the (admittedly short) reasons I did give. If I see an early comment by someone I would find weird coming from scum, I'll give them a preliminary townread. Jake, it seems, would rather have people complaining about the lack of content and call the majority of the playerlist null.

While I haven't put together a case against Darthe, I did point to more than just his lurking to call him scum over, and so have others.

No, just no.

Not to mention you haven't come up with one reason why IV should even be considered town, nor refuted any of the points I made.

If this s town Jake, it is incompetent-shout-at-everyone-then-left-alive-at-lylo-to-lynch-wrong Jake. Just like Monopoly.

And fuck you again for pissing me off, I was tying not to get into one of your asinine arguments on day one. Ffs.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (isolation #31) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:13 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 601, innocentvillager wrote:I know I haven't posted any content yet so I'll try to give some quick thoughts by skimming a few ISOs of some people
Unacceptable. You've been in the game since the start and you have no thoughts on the game? If you've read enough to know the VC and the phrases guessed, you've read enough to have reads on the game, let alone enough content to scum hunt and play the game.
In post 601, innocentvillager wrote: Also @Safety I might not be a "newbie" but I've only seriously played outside the newbie queue once, and that was an open game. I didn't understand how the setup worked, although I did read the part about guessing. So no, not "clearly a faux attempt at stupidity."
In order to accept this we have to believe several things:

That you have failed to read any of the pages and any of the posts bar the mod for the entire game-day.

That you have completed only one non newbie game when you've completed 2 open games AND modded one.

Despite all that experience of playing mafia you left all that at the door when you decided to join this one.

That despite playing this for THREE WEEKS, you ignored all the others players who were playing and scum hunting just like a newbie game or open game and not once understoodthat it's exactly the same, despite being told.

That you said aforementioned quote and:
In post 316, innocentvillager wrote:Wait how does this setup even work

Sorry omg hahahahahhaa
In post 389, innocentvillager wrote:Honestly I still have no idea how mini games work lol

How many scum are there?
But also did this:
In post 319, innocentvillager wrote:I just realize that TIP:12 has been guessed at least twice
In post 527, innocentvillager wrote:
TIP said #6
Which shows intelligence enough that you are tracking the game enough to know who's been guessed, who hasn't and is targeting phrases outside of the plan when it suits him.

So despite limited posting you've done nothing but contradict yourself.

Believe me
when I say that I'm doing your intelligence a favor here by not assuming that someone can be this stupid, this contradicting, and is therefore, scum.

The fact that Darthe and Serra are getting run up instead of you (and some others) just shows the apathy, laziness and further stupidity of this player list.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #32) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:23 am

Post by SafetyDance »

TNE said #7
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:24 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Ebwop
Guess: TNE said #7
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:26 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 174, Jake from State Farm wrote:you are on record for calling 4 or 5 people town or probably town, and haven't provided any reason why especially when some of these people are not obvious town in the slightest, specifically ree, Tip, and tne so asking you to explain those town reads and you complying is what we are doing here. I don't give a rats ass who hasn't posted, you need to justify how you have strong reads based on so little.

I'm pushing you because I am fairly certain you and ree are scum buddies so I am not going to let up because you have some mafia theoryesque objection.

now explain your town reads.
That's on the Thursday. Game started on the Monday.

So you know where you can shove your bold face lie.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:28 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Jake you won't be nk'ed. That would be in towns interest. It would stop all the tunnelling and now wifom. This is just like Monopoly.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #36) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:29 am

Post by SafetyDance »

I hate this town. :facepalm:
In post 578, SafetyDance wrote:As to my vote, I've given my scum reads and people willing to lynch, Darthe and Serra are not in them, so I am not going to vote them let alone try to appeal to people to vote them.
I will only do so to prevent a no lynch.
Vote: serrapaladin

Posts incoming too.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:30 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 638, Jake from State Farm wrote:if he is town I will forever be wondering why he waited until 1 day before deadline to finally speak out about how "bad" my case supposedly was despite posting numerous after I originally stated my case and why he waited 3 days before deadline to even speak out against serra's lynch. He says I have been pushing serra since the 4th day, where was he the remainder of those days?

keeping your moth shut until deadline isn't town motivated at all.
In post 639, Jake from State Farm wrote:I also want to know why he has an issue with me "supposedly" tunneling serra since the 4th day and I am bad because of it (despite making an actual case), yet serra has been tunneling darth since day 3 (without even attempting to make a case) and that's perfectly acceptable?

no that isn't town motivation either.
ME? What about you. How the fuck do you think your lying, your bullshit, your play is in anyway pro-town? It didn't work in Monopoly, it hasn't worked in other game, how the fuck do you think it works here?

You wouldn't know town-motivation if it slapped you on the face and made off with your anal virginity.
Your case on Serra is tunnelling. Glad you now admit that you were wrong (and lying) and that you were on Serra since was 4 days in. Nice try at deflecting when the focus is on you and your case.

You completely fail to grasp that I didn't have a scumread on Serra at all, so why would I be suspicious of him? Just because I may not agree with Serra's case on Darthe, does not mean I instantly scum-read him, or suddenly read him as scum because of inactivity. It's not a scum tell, especially in this game, despite your frothing logorrhea trying to tell us otherwise.

Having over 4 days till deadline is PLENTY of time disagree with a wagon. Serra wasn't even the leading wagon at that time! Despite your best efforts, there is no problem with trying to start discussion and offer alternatives
WHILST THERE IS STILL TIME
. But you can't grasp anything that isn't a yes, can you. :roll:

As for my own activity, which you're trying paint here as scummy too (which is amusing still considering the game-state):
In post 509, SafetyDance wrote:We have plenty of time. There's things I want to discuss too when I can free some time.
In post 418, SafetyDance wrote:Sorry guys but I am now at /LA indefinitely as I can only access at work until laptop is fixed. I'm not sure what I will do on the weekend, will think of something.
If you can't grasp any reason out of that then please, do us all a favor and replace out. Mafia is not a game for you.
In post 631, Jake from State Farm wrote:Found it myself.

Safety - I made my case on Serra on the 16th or so. Why did you wait 4 days before deadline to finally speak out? Why did you wait 1 day before to argue my points and offer a counter lynch?

For someone who opposes this lynch so much, you certainly waited until the worst possible moment to speak up
Friday morning of a Sunday night lynch. That's 2.5 days, not 1. It's even more now that it's been extended. :facepalm:

Why must you lie Jake? Why are you trying to hard here to warp everything I say - when you don't ignore, it I might add - just because I don't agree with your case, whilst none of the points I've made you've actually refuted, just trying to turn it into a pissing contest against others or me, when I've shown you how it stacks up compared to other players.

It's because I'm a threat to you isn't it? Because I don't drink the JFSF-Koolaid. That or you really are completely dense.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:30 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 621, SafetyDance wrote: telling you how weak your reasoning are and that they can be applied to IV,
In post 625, Jake from State Farm wrote:and your case on IV could basically be copy and pasted as a case against Serra.
Just showing people evidence of Jake trying to troll.

Proof that he's not interested in scumhunting or an actual case, just getting a lynch to happen and being as aggressive, pig-headed and close-minded as possible to cover over his weak reads.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:32 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 632, Dry-fit wrote: What other lynch do you think is going to happen? The only other realistic one is Darthe, but I prefer Serra to him. With the activity level in this game nothing else will be possible before deadline.
Engaging and having thoughts of your own would help. My thoughts on TNE and TIP are known, I've stated the case on IV, all you need to do is vote to one and that's 2 votes. Some of these lurkers come in, see the cases and discussion and vote and hey, that's 3-4 votes and a wagon. People have been around AND posting. Same applies for IV. It's not re-inventing the wheel.

It happened to the Serra wagon. There's only one person on it who thinks he's scum. So if one scum read can equal a lynch, then any wagon is fair game.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:35 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 634, innocentvillager wrote:But I just skimmed for guesses; bold things are easy to see. So ha. That refutes basically your whole argument. I didn't read when I was guessing. I know I'm town so I'd rather me get the guesses right than some scum so I tried to guess well anything that wasn't guessed. Lul
This guy just admitted to ignoring the game the whole three weeks plus and people are ok with it. Lolwut.

This town. :facepalm:

/rant

This is a stupid, stupid, stupid lynch. Jake's whole argument (it's Jakes, because no one else on the wagon has an actual scum read on Serra) relies on activity as a scum tell for inhibiting information. How the fuck can he use that for Serra when we have:

IV - hasn't played the game AT ALL, all day.
Mr_Ree - gone awol as deadline has neared.
Bert - apathy. prod dodges and constant disappearances
BT - playing like Bert
HF - inactive since replacing in
lngr - inactive since replacing in
TNE - done less and less as deadline as approached
Darthe - done nothing since jumping onto serra to save his own ass.

That's 9/13 players including Serra and I'm NOT including TIP and his "play". Many of them having done far less, and far worse then Serra. But this is a good lynch because Jake's an asshole and that means town should sheep somehow. :facepalm:

@Mod Request replacement for LnGrrR, BT, Mr_Ree and JakeFromStateFarm overnight. Thanks.

That's me done for today. /endrants
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:03 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 676, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 669, Guy_Named_Riggs wrote:serrapaladin - Serial Killer has been lynched Day 1
Hey Safety
Oh this is the part where you explain how SK = part of scum team and how he's my buddy. This shall be good!
In post 682, Jake from State Farm wrote:I think I have had enough guessing this game. I will say if Safety is town he is <bites tongue>
What, awesome for actually have two scum in his lynch pool? Thanks! Happy with
my
hunting methods.

Thought you received 3 points Dry-fit? Ah well, cbf going over notes.

I like GNR as a mod (which is why I joined) but this is the second theme game I've seen of his that's had to be abandoned. Shouldn't he get a backup mod in case of this happening?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:42 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 660, Jake from State Farm wrote:@safety - day 2 if we both alive. I'm asking you to be more active and to take your
kuriboesq
posts down a notch. I play this game to have fun and you are ruining it for me. If you can't chill out with your bs attitude please replace out. I haven't been nearly as bad as you but I'm going to chill out also.

I don't want any excuses about your activity day 2. No waiting til near deadline to speak up.

Thanks

You stay classy, Jake.
In post 688, Jake from State Farm wrote:It's more for the fact that you tried to get me replaced and insulted my play. So fuck off. Also you insulted me even more by calling me kuribo jr or whatever you said. You are a despicable person and it was completely uncalled for, especially when I was right. How you could possibly defend somebody who was so obviously scum and OMG he was actually scum is unfathomable. You obviously had carried a grudge coming into this game and essentially said so in one of your earlier posts.

You owe me an apology and if you don't I seriously hope you diaf
Yet you were more than happy to throw stuff my way when I didn't agree with you. I quoted the Serra wagon, there was one person on there who thought he was scum, you. That's not obvious, don't apply hindsight-bias. If you go back on your posts, you kept trying to link people as buddies to Serra, that's not searching for a SK, that's searching for mafia, which he was not. As I pointed out too, lurking in this game was done by nearly all the players (by ALL the mafia), yet you accused only Serra, then tried to accuse me of it.

I haven't picked any fights Jake, I even tried to avoid it but you don't listen to others, you've always been against me having an opinion contrary to yours since during Monopoly, so there's no point in trying to tell you to just reflect a little on what you're saying and you're own actions.

I don't hold any grudges over anyone I've ever played a
game
with over the internet but if you want to make it personal, that's your choice.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”