NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:33 am

Post by projectmatt »

-cracks knuckles-

Hello to everybody here who I've played with previously. And to those who I've yet to meet - hello. I've taken some brief time off from playing because I was having difficulty keeping my attention span on the game. I should be back and focused now!

My first impressions are:

I think that Mister Rodgers is town. There's opportunistic scum and then there's the kind of town who plays on the offensive, "I want to win so badly!' mode. It seems pretty blatant that Mr. Rodgers is an alternate account who is trying to come off as very confident. In terms of getting him read successfully - it works. I'm pretty sure that he's town, but I don't exactly agree with all of his analysis.

Townread on Zdenek.

Townread on DeasVail.

Tentative townread on bjc.

Tentative townread on RachMarie.
In post 25, Doc Holliday wrote:
In post 21, bjc wrote:I'm scum.
There is no legitimate purpose to this as Town. bjc is either scum or not worth listening to. Obtuse gambits are anti-Town.

Sticking with talah for now, but this deserves a vote later.
I know most of you are calling out Damon Giant for voting bjc, but this post is actually a
worse
sin. This looks like a way for Doc to essentially give himself wriggle room to vote BJC later in the game. The rest of his play hasn't given me much of an indicator of his alignment, though.
In post 36, aptil wrote:Doc's RVS vote was bad and the vote by Deas was something i would have done too . But his posts afterwards read town to me .

Bjc already looks like he is going to be a lynch bait here .

Talah is bad all over . He has one decent post explaining his decisions otherwise he has been bad all over .
This post also gives me a problem - due to the fact that he seems to also be subtly setting up potential candidates for him to tunnel without actually taking a firm stance. Now, I get that taking a firm stance on page 2 would be pretty ridiculous but I'm not a fan of the "pointing fingers at whoever looks bad" play this post gives off.
In post 39, PeregrineV wrote: A joke usually indicates humor, or can be used to relieve tension. Your opening post did none of that. And if a joke, you forgot to show you are town by self-voting.

It's all of 30 posts. What's there to skim?

Vote: bjc

Would also throw a vote BBMolla's way for scum-placing out.
C'mon man, you're better than that.

I actually read Talah's opening posts as pretty townie, and I'm not exactly prepared to give out a read on Mastin yet. I think future interactions in regards to those two will be very telling but I'm waiting. Right now, I don't have a lot that's concrete - my reads need time to develop. But we'll see.

Vote: BipolarChemist
due to the fact that his read on RachMarie looks forced.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 141, BipolarChemist wrote:
In post 133, projectmatt wrote: C'mon man, you're better than that.

I actually read Talah's opening posts as pretty townie, and I'm not exactly prepared to give out a read on Mastin yet. I think future interactions in regards to those two will be very telling but I'm waiting. Right now, I don't have a lot that's concrete - my reads need time to develop. But we'll see.

Vote: BipolarChemist
due to the fact that his read on RachMarie looks forced.
Nah man, ain't forced. I've read through a few games and played with her. I'm finding her fairly town, yo. Why do you think she's town right now?
Tell me your reasons and I'll tell you mine.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Unvote

Aww man, BipolarChemist is most likely town :(
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:06 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 286, DeasVail wrote: Projectmatt, why are you upset about Bipolar being most likely town?
I wasn't really
upset
but it was more like a "aww man, my initial read was off" realization that prompted a frownie face.

And to the person who asked a few pages back that I don't recall the name of - yes, I do read Bipolar's reaction as slightly organic. Not really enough for me to have a super confident townread but at least enough for me to back up for the moment.

To answer another question - bjc clearly wasn't posting "I'm scum" as some kind of advanced reaction test, but it was blatantly a joke. As stupid as the joke was, bjc + the reactions to his joke make him town, I believe.
In post 213, 4nxi3ty wrote: I've changed my mind about damon.

unvote, vote: Luca
Why?

Right now, I actually want:
Vote: Aptil
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #523 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:01 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Okay, I'm not gonna lie guys - these wall posts are going right through me. They aren't influencing my reads at all but just making this game difficult to shift through. This is completely my fault, so I'll try to regroup tomorrow and get some things done here.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #524 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Also it's my scumday so I need to go out and get drunk and do all those cool scumday things.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:07 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 535, Mister Rogers wrote: BJC is the worst of them and we gain good info from their wagon. At least the others sound repentant.

Unvote, Vote BJC
Tell me some of the good info we'll get from his lynch.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:14 am

Post by projectmatt »

Anyway, I don't like the wagon on BJC at all. No, claiming mafia is not objectively a towntell or anything but the way I see it, it looks like he got put as an easy target pretty early in the game and the amount of people jumping on something that is absolutely not a tell at all makes me worried. You can say that BJC is scum for not contributing but of course that fails to account for your reads on literally 40% of the other players who are also not contributing. I might be off the mark here, but there's usually a player like BJC in every large normal game that's, well,
lynchbait
. However, this doesn't make them mafia.

Right now, my vote is currently placed on Aptil due to the fact that I really disliked his second post that basically just pointed the finger at everybody in sight without actually taking a stance or attempting to find the mafia, but his lack of content since then has made it pretty difficult to get a solid read on him. I'm hoping further content will generate soon.

I'm having trouble finding a real scumread here, and I'm continually re-reading.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:36 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 576, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 568, projectmatt wrote:Tell me some of the good info we'll get from his lynch.
No one ever said anything about info? BJC is actively refusing to post anything readable which is anti-town at best, scummy at worst.
Uh yeah actually, Mr. Rodgers literally said "we gain good info from their wagon". Did you just intentionally misinterpret what I said?
In post 576, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 573, projectmatt wrote:Anyway, I don't like the wagon on BJC at all. No, claiming mafia is not objectively a towntell or anything but the way I see it, it looks like he got put as an easy target pretty early in the game and the amount of people jumping on something that is absolutely not a tell at all makes me worried.
Awesome, and the Luca and aptil wagons are better alternatives or are you just defending people randomly?
What? I just said that I think that the Aptil wagon is a much better alternative and I am currently looking to get an opinion on Luca. Clearly, my defense on BJC isn't founded on nothing.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 574, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 568, projectmatt wrote:
In post 535, Mister Rogers wrote: BJC is the worst of them and we gain good info from their wagon. At least the others sound repentant.

Unvote, Vote BJC
Tell me some of the good info we'll get from his lynch.
The best info we will get is his alignment. The reason why its good is because he has been a very popular push.
If BJC is town, are there any players in particular you are expecting to be able to read better after the flip?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:48 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 573, projectmatt wrote:Anyway, I don't like the wagon on BJC at all. No, claiming mafia is not objectively a towntell or anything but the way I see it, it looks like he got put as an easy target pretty early in the game and the amount of people jumping on something that is absolutely not a tell at all makes me worried. You can say that BJC is scum for not contributing but of course that fails to account for your reads on literally 40% of the other players who are also not contributing. I might be off the mark here, but there's usually a player like BJC in every large normal game that's, well,
lynchbait
. However, this doesn't make them mafia.

+ I read his reaction to being attacked as relatively town. Please note that something being town doesn't mean it has to be good play.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:37 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 587, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 585, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 583, projectmatt wrote:Uh yeah actually, Mr. Rodgers literally said "we gain good info from their wagon". Did you just intentionally misinterpret what I said?
Oh apparently I missed that Rogers post. I assumed Rogers was voting him for being willfully obtuse.
That is the primary reason but the info is my secondary reason.

@Matt: Look, I just find it bizarre that people, experienced people, would actually scum read him from his early posting. It has stuck out to me all game; apparently you and a few others have noticed it too.

I think he has hurt the game state terribly and removing him would help to address the bizarre push from certain people like Pere & Thad.

PEDIT: I read his posting as town too (after the "scum" claim not because of it).
I see where you're coming from and agree with your logic entirely up to the point where you think it's a good idea to lynch BJC. The pushes on him have been odd, and that's even more reason not to lynch him. He hasn't hurt the game state much at all, and I think liability lynching is bad.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:44 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 603, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 600, projectmatt wrote:
In post 587, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 585, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 583, projectmatt wrote:Uh yeah actually, Mr. Rodgers literally said "we gain good info from their wagon". Did you just intentionally misinterpret what I said?
Oh apparently I missed that Rogers post. I assumed Rogers was voting him for being willfully obtuse.
That is the primary reason but the info is my secondary reason.

@Matt: Look, I just find it bizarre that people, experienced people, would actually scum read him from his early posting. It has stuck out to me all game; apparently you and a few others have noticed it too.

I think he has hurt the game state terribly and removing him would help to address the bizarre push from certain people like Pere & Thad.

PEDIT: I read his posting as town too (after the "scum" claim not because of it).
I see where you're coming from and agree with your logic entirely up to the point where you think it's a good idea to lynch BJC. The pushes on him have been odd, and that's even more reason not to lynch him. He hasn't hurt the game state much at all, and I think liability lynching is bad.
The truth is, I am a closet lynch all lurkers fanatic but I have repressed that impulse due to site meta. Even though recovery is a daily ongoing process, I do completely agree with you but only to the point to where he thumbed his nose at us.
I think the "lynch all lurkers" strategy is very poor. More useful is the whole "lynch the mafia" type strategy :D I would strongly urge you to seriously reconsider where your vote is and the purpose it currently serves. I understand being annoyed by BJC's play but I think we both know there's a lot more bigger fish to fry.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:28 am

Post by projectmatt »

I feel as though there's been a pretty clear misinterpretation on what I've said versus what you guys are trying to make it look like I'm saying.

Can lurkers be scum?

Absolutely.

If someone is lurking, does this mean they are scum?

No.

Currently, the way I see it - there is no logical justification to vote BJC other than for the idea of a liability lynch (which I disagree with strongly) or because he is lurking. Lynching someone solely on the basis of lurking is not a good idea. I am not, nor have I ever implied that because certain people (like Aptil!) are lurking, that they are town. This shouldn't be hard logic to follow, thank you.

And in terms of the bigger fish I mean that literally as I have indicated, I think that BJC is very likely to be town and there
are
better things to do than vote someone out of policy. As for the mafia? Dunno, I'm working on it.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:29 am

Post by projectmatt »

And to be clear, "lynch all lurkers" is a horrible strategy, in my opinion. I think that in this case the lurker I'm voting has scumtold, which is me lynching somebody for scumtelling and not for lurking.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:35 am

Post by projectmatt »

[quote="In post 573, projectmatt"]Anyway, I don't like the wagon on BJC at all. No, claiming mafia is not objectively a towntell or anything but the way I see it, it looks like he got put as an easy target pretty early in the game and the amount of people jumping on something that is absolutely not a tell at all makes me worried. You can say that BJC is scum for not contributing but of course that fails to account for your reads on literally 40% of the other players who are also not contributing. I might be off the mark here, but there's usually a player like BJC in every large normal game that's, well,
lynchbait
. However, this doesn't make them mafia.[quote]

is the basis for my townread along with me feeling that his tone and reaction to getting pushed on was a fairly natural way of reacting that I read as town. To me, voting BJC for the reasoning of saying "I'm scum" on page 1 is fairly ridiculous, and I have failed to see any other logical case towards BJC, which leads me to believe that he's either being lynched for liability purposes or because he is currently lurking. In Mr. Rodgers case, it appears to be both. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:35 am

Post by projectmatt »

Alright, I have to go get dinner but I'll try to make a relatively bigger post tonight that explains what I haven't liked about Aptil so far. He isn't a solid scumread but yeah, I don't like his beginnings.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:20 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 31, bjc wrote:Yeah there is nothing town about a joke early in the game. Sheesh.
In post 33, bjc wrote:I have nothing so far considering I made one comment right before I left for home, just got home when I made the other comment while skimming the game.

So yeah... I have no "take" on this game so far at all, lol. Except for the usual people that are too uptight.
These are bjc's first two posts after "I'm scum" and I actually like how kind of annoyed and rebellious they sound. I would expect bjc as mafia to probably be more defensive towards the early accusations on him but basically the gist of what he's saying is "It was a joke, and no I don't have any reads so screw off". Bad play? Sure, but at the same time I don't see it being scum motivated at all.

The rest of his ISO is similar - with arrogant, self defeatist comments that pretty much make no attempt to generate content but at the same time I really, really have trouble seeing this kind of silly playstyle be something indicative of scum. If anything, I believe his refusal to play seriously under pressure actually kind of solidifies my townread of him.
In post 530, bjc wrote:And if I'm content with lurking?
..this is pretty much just a "screw you, guys" post but it also looks like it came from town for reasons listed above. I don't like the amount of people who jumped on him for his first post due to a joke or how there's been kind of a weird focus on him ever since.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:22 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 636, Mister Rogers wrote:@Matt: Yes you are wrong on your assertion as to why I am voting BJC. It is because he is deliberately lurking (as opposed to Aptil who is simply lurking) and because of the bizarre attention that he got for his simple "I'm scum" post.

I think moar people should be voting him.
1. How do you make the distinction between "intentionally" lurking and "simply" lurking? Those two seem like they are exactly the same thing. Bjc is just honest about his own apathy.

2. The second reason you listed is, to me, a very good reason why you should not be voting him and instead be focusing on the people who bizarrely attacked him.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:29 am

Post by projectmatt »

Zdenek do you have the sparknotes version of why I, personally, should vote Talah?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:32 am

Post by projectmatt »

Oh, that shows how great I am at reading comprehension.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 658, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 649, projectmatt wrote:
In post 636, Mister Rogers wrote:@Matt: Yes you are wrong on your assertion as to why I am voting BJC. It is because he is deliberately lurking (as opposed to Aptil who is simply lurking) and because of the bizarre attention that he got for his simple "I'm scum" post.

I think moar people should be voting him.
1. How do you make the distinction between "intentionally" lurking and "simply" lurking? Those two seem like they are exactly the same thing. Bjc is just honest about his own apathy.

2. The second reason you listed is, to me, a very good reason why you should not be voting him and instead be focusing on the people who bizarrely attacked him.
So he shouldn't be lynched for failing to scumhunt?
Did you read my post where I explained why I townread him or did you just make that comment in an attempt to misrep it?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Yate's analysis is so completely fake and devoid of substance that it hurts.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by projectmatt »

It is! I had stromboli ;D
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by projectmatt »

It was delicious. But do you know what isn't delicious? Mafia.

Unvote

Vote: Yates
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 pm

Post by projectmatt »

What's your read on Yates?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 718, Mister Rogers wrote:Ok, for all you people in TV land, the winner of the Grey promotion award is...

Projectmatt
!

Let's give him a round of applause for multiple townreads, exclusive focusing on lurkers, and asking others for scum case material on two separate occasions while having expressed none of his own! In general, posting like scum that is lost in the thread!

He obviously has enough game experience to generate scum reads on his own but has made excuses on at least two occasions, much like Taleh (except he didn't use multiball as the reason).

The final straw was his statement about making a big post after dinner which he failed to do.

I find his Yates vote to be quite terrible (it appears to be baseless; notice the difference with PK's vote which occurs at the same time) and overall there is no scum hunting with only lip-service paid to it.

I also see an amazingly unbelievable ott defense of BJC -- I mean it might just be a noise issue to harp on and maybe its just coincidental regarding the Yates vote but -- he has become the biggest BJC defender in this thread.

The major event that brought his ISO to my attention was of course his fake push over voting a lurker (in this case it was BJC) which simply read as town posturing (it may end up being more than that). On this note, he had expressed being hot and heavy on Aptil and also said he would provide case material there; haven't seen any of that and I suspect he took a look at that ISO and Aptil's most recent post and declined to even try.

So my updated short list:
Taleh, Matt, DG, Anx
1. What's wrong with having townreads?
2. I have provided essentially most of my major reads, cases pending.
3. Where have I not generated reads on my own? Who did I steal them from?
4. I probably have become the biggest BJC defender in the thread. You think my defense is illogical in spite of literally hiveminding the same logic as me, though. Explain?
5. The primary thing of your -case- seems to be that I haven't done a wall explaining my internal logic yet. I will man, don't worry, the day is young!
In post 684, Yates wrote:
In post 649, projectmatt wrote:How do you make the distinction between "intentionally" lurking and "simply" lurking?
Are you familiar with the Beetlejuice tell? Also, to ask this question a different way, How do
you
make the distinction between "intentionally" lurking and "simply" lurking?

While I'm not voting bjc purely for lurking, I'm okay with having my vote on a lurker. Do you have a problem with that?
In post 288, projectmatt wrote:Vote: Aptil
Guess not.
I am not familiar with the beetlejuice tell. Although it's now been brought to light that aptil isn't lurking intentionally - at the time Mr. Rodgers made that post, there was no clear distinction as to whether or not Aptil was lurking intentionally or lurking due to internet problems. "Simply" lurking and "intentionally" lurking seem like the exact same thing, I believe the correct term might be "intentionally" lurking and "unintentionally" lurking.

I don't have a problem with a vote being on a lurker. What are your reasons for voting BJC other than lurking?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

Just a few things in regards to the exchange between Mr. Rodgers/Snork:

Snork, I'm pretty sure that you're town even more now, so good job on that.

In regards to the voting Aptil while talking about not voting lurkers being a "good" point, I once again feel the need to point out the context of the post. Never once in this game did I say that voting lurkers is bad, but I said that voting lurkers
only for the fact that they are lurking
is bad. Oh and by the way, I voted Aptil because:
In post 36, aptil wrote:Doc's RVS vote was bad and the vote by Deas was something i would have done too . But his posts afterwards read town to me .

Bjc already looks like he is going to be a lynch bait here .

Talah is bad all over . He has one decent post explaining his decisions otherwise he has been bad all over .
To me, this post looks completely devoid of what a town approaching this game in RVS would usually do. There's a notable difference between how town scumhunt and how mafia scumhunt - the town usually try to get their reads to form more organically by questioning and figuring things out. This post, however, is simply just saying "I didn't like this, I didn't like this" while pandering to some pretty poor reasoning on page
of the game. The trend of relatively accusatory but still meaningless posts continued with his next few ones.

He was lurking, and it looked like he was doing it out of fear due to being called out at his lackluster posting. However, my read on him decreased slightly when I saw post #595 which still has some pretty bad reads (particularly his one on Yates is clearly made up) but the content was enough for me to consider backing up and seeing where he took the game from here. I was actually hoping to not have to comment on my Aptil read again until I saw the content he generated naturally and not under pressure but I guess that won't happen.

My primary shift went to Yates mainly because of this post: that basically had a poor push on BJC and some quotes taken out of context with no real substance under the guise of content.

Now, I might back off again though mainly because pisskop silently jumping on my vote is really bad.

To answer another question - I think I asked for a reason to vote Talah because Zdenek seemed fairly confident on his read while I disagreed a fairly big amount at the time. Asking for his reasoning pretty much just assured that he wasn't BS'ing a read and it also helps me read him, in turn.
In post 963, DeasVail wrote:
In post 962, Snork wrote:DeasVail, would you mind giving your perspective of DG and Talah?
I think they're both town.
Actually, I'm leaning this way as well.

I really don't like this post by Luca:
In post 975, Luca Blight wrote:Talah, so much digging going on. He claims I am a shoe-in for scum (absolute rubbish, since when has inactivity always equated to scum) and then self-votes. His opening posts also looked every so slightly dodgy.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: Talah
after making 3 posts that essentially apologize and promise more content and substance, Luca just came in to join the Talah wagon and effectively make the game between Mr. Rodgers and Talah, which is horrible.

I want it dead.

Unvote

Vote: Luca Blight

Mr. Rodgers - I'm not from the UK, but my activity does fluctuate a lot.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (isolation #28) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:51 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1082, Snork wrote:The other thing I think, too, is that he seems to be like, kind of a lazy player. When he appears, he seems to only be able to focus on one or two things. I don't think he's mentally engaged with the game enough to be able to scumhunt AND defend himself at the same time. And that is in no way a comment on his skill, because I think most people have a hard time doing both. I really want to see what he comes up with when he's not under pressure.
Slightly guilty as charged. I actually do collect a lot of reads when going through but I tend to play a slightly lazier game.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1095 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:09 am

Post by projectmatt »

Well, let me ask, what do you think of Luca?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (isolation #30) » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:42 am

Post by projectmatt »

Sorry for the last drop in activity. I have the opportunity to meet one of my favorite actors today so that's been my primary preoccupation. Currently, I don't want Talah very much and in spite of the fact that people are clearly jumping on the Luca wagon to look better, I still want him today.

Will post tomorrow if there's still time to do so.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:22 am

Post by projectmatt »

Okay. I'll get to this soon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2002 (isolation #32) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

I've unfortunately fallen into the trap of losing interest in this game. This explains my complete lack of contribution so far today, but thankfully I've caught up and here are some stray thoughts from my mind as I jumble the stuff together:

Snork is town. I really, really have trouble seeing the scum motivation behind any of his posts in regards to RachMarie.

That being said, I think the way RachMarie reacted strengthens my townread on her too. I can understand how Snork misinterpreted her reasoning but the calm, collective and super sweet to the point of almost being annoying way that she spoke I also see coming from a town who is trying to clear up a misunderstanding.

I tonally penguin_alien a ton, but this should be no surprise considering Mr. Rodgers was also a strong townread.

Townread on DeasVail still maintained.

Aptil
most likely
town for his claim.

Leaving:
TheWayItEnds
AngryPidgeon
Egg
Nero Cain
Yates
PeregrineV
mastin2
SnowStorm
Damon_Gant
4nxi3ty
ThAdmiral

in my pool of "I'm not really sure". That's a far larger list of potential mafia than I would prefer to have in this game.

I do mildly townread SnowStorm, Nero Cain and Damon Gant to a certain extent - but that's hardly enough to really get a good idea of what to do. I'm working on sorting out my own reads and figuring out who to target today.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2016 (isolation #33) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

V/A until Monday

Sorry, surprise trip to Indiana
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2017 (isolation #34) » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

V/LA**
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2217 (isolation #35) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Hey, apologies. I got back recently from my V/LA and I'm still winding down from the trip a little bit. Expect some more reads tonight or tomorrow if things go over well.

Also a note about what some people are saying - I generally find it a lot easier to get townreads in this game than scumreads. But I am struggling to find scumreads unfortunately, and I would much rather admit that then try to push on something I'm not confident in whatsoever.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2275 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Trust me when I say I'm painfully self aware at how much I've been coasting - and I really really wish I had more time for it.
In post 2214, Snork wrote:Can someone who has played a lot with AngryPidgeon explain why he is scum please? Because I think he's town.
I actually do scumread AngryPidgeon but it isn't a way that I can explain in a logically concise way - mainly, the read is completely tonal. I feel as though he's been uncharacteristically uptight and a lot of things he says just bothers me, but it is difficult to pursue a tonal scumread when you have little logical justification, you see. Why do you think that AngryPidgeon is town?

Thinking about who I need to vote today, leaning on Anxiety actually but I'm going to wait until tomorrow to cast my vote. I'm sorry again.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2277 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by projectmatt »

What have I been doing?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (isolation #38) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:38 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2318, 4nxi3ty wrote:
In post 695, projectmatt wrote:Yate's analysis is so completely fake and devoid of substance that it hurts.
In post 2002, projectmatt wrote: Leaving:
Yates

in my pool of "I'm not really sure".
:?

Vote: projectmatt
I feel like you just went through my ISO in an attempt to find something you could stretch into an excuse to vote me considering those two posts are extremely far apart. I mentioned once in my ISO that I was moving on from Yates to focus on other reads but essentially my Yates read kind of flickered out and died as he posted further - partly out of laziness.
In post 2287, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2275, projectmatt wrote:I feel as though he's been
uncharacteristically
uptight
Are you familiar with my play at all? I wouldn't use uptight to describe me except maybe my Talah tunnel.
I've played a few games with you, yes. I wouldn't use you uptight to describe you either which is why I dislike the fact that you're tonally different.
In post 2291, AngryPidgeon wrote:The scummy thing about Matt is he isn't doing anything to make enemies. He has given no scum reads at all but throws a few strong town reads out.
That doesn't fit the picture of a lurker who lost interest.

That looks like scum trying really hard to be on everyone s good side with minimal input.

And he out of the blue conjures a singular scum read for zero logical reason up after getting called scummy for not having any. It's looks like active lurking.
Yeah, it doesn't. I haven't lost interest in the game, nor have I stopped reading the game - rather, I generally find it easier to get townreads than scumreads and I also have been forced to lurk due to an unexpected amount of personal business. This might be a bad combination, I suppose.

This being said though, would you mind explaining again why SnowStorm is your current lynch of choice?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2583 (isolation #39) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2564, Egg wrote:Deas, you are assuming that projectmatt plays scum a certain way. Snow's meta of him suggests he doesn't play scum the way you assume he would.
What meta is that?

A few things

-For the most part, my lurking, especially on day 2, has been unintentional. You need to understand that unfortunately a lot of curveballs have been thrown at me recently in my personal and school life that make it a lot more difficult to manage this - however, I'm not going to replace out because I want to follow this game through.

-Lurking being unintentional doesn't excuse lurking, but I generally actually am quite more proactive - or at least, more engaged in the game.

-I am reading the game!

-I'm not afraid to call anybody mafia. There comes a point where it actually becomes wise for the mafia to have multiple targets to set themselves on - and in this case, my problem is that I can't find a real, earnest scumread which is completely my fault. But to assert that I'm
scared
of scumreading other players is pretty strange. Any previous meta in any games I've played will show that I'm happy to push on reads as either side.

-I townread RachMarie for a number of reasons, and I absolutely don't believe in the other JOAT claim as an actual townclaim - but these are things that I don't want to delve in right now. I am also in the belief that they will slightly sort themselves out.

-For the purpose of self preservation, I will vote TheWayItEnds.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2586 (isolation #40) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In retrospect, I really don't like the way Egg has approached reading me today - it looks like to me, at least on the last page he is struggling to find an excuse to vote me and also kind of assuming things about my meta which is both strange and illogical for a town to do.

If it wasn't for the purpose of self preservation, I would basically want to vote AngryPidgeon, 4nxi3ty or Yates. AngryPidgeon is currently viable and I'm searching through trying to find my logical justification for what is bothering me about him in my gut.

Also, I need to throw out that I am pretty convinced that SiX is mafia but I'm not willing to vote him today.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2587 (isolation #41) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2585, TheWayItEnds wrote:Matt...
:roll:
What do you want to do today? Who would you be willing to vote with me?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2590 (isolation #42) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Egg, "scared" seems to be the word that you are looking for, which is why I'm saying your assertion of why I'm not outing confident scumreads is wrong. I'm not scared or afraid of stepping on toes, by the very virtue of lurking in this game I have stepped on plenty already! In general, I find it easier to collect townreads than scumreads. This part of my playstyle likely comes from the fact that I'm far more well versed in playing live mafia, which gives the instant gratification of seeing your reads almost immediately proven right. Generally though, I muster up a few (somewhat accurate) scumreads but I believe the whiplash of real life and my own inability to focus have made it much more difficult in this particular instance. But still, it is not based on fear.

And I don't see an indication of what you said by what Snow had said, but alright.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2592 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:05 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Well, I'd say it comes from being busy IRL which then leads to a consequential disinterest in thinking critically when I do have the opportunity to read the game in full, I'm sure you understand. But again, I'm telling you that my lack of scumreads is not based on fear or not wanting to step on toes and virtually any game of mine that you read will show you as such that not having any real scumreads at all is a rare thing for me (though I have acquired a few this game).
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:07 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2594, SiX wrote:Since you question my legitimacy and that I'm highly recommended to vote someone from the 3, I believe it will be you Matt.

VOTE:
Oh my gosh lmao

You're mafia

TheWayItEnds, the only reason I would be willing to vote you for self preservation is because I don't have a strong townread on you. However, you are def not my first choice which is why I am not voting you. I actually TR your reaction to me saying I would vote you, actually.

Vote: AngryPidgeon
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2886 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

One of Aptil or SiX are mafia for sure, but I'm not sure. How plausible is it for there to be two town JOATS in one game?

Anyway, I'm thinking and trying to figure it out. I'm actually pleasantly surprised that just about all of my reads have been correct so far. Hm..

I'm trying to figure out what to look for.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2887 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:51 am

Post by projectmatt »

Actually screw it
vote: Aptil
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2888 (isolation #47) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:52 am

Post by projectmatt »

Oh wow, I'm a huge idiot who completely misread a crucial part of the text. Forget it.
Unvote
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2919 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:00 am

Post by projectmatt »

I'm actually gonna try to get through all the living players in this game so I can understand who to vote, starting tomorrow. For real!
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2991 (isolation #49) » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

Sigh. Sorry guys, I tried. I thought that I would have a free reign to dedicate a lot of time to this game but a lot of new personal stuff happened and it just didn't work out. I still stand by the fact that my reads this game (so far) have been fairly accurate, but unfortunately I can't help out this game in an essential way without being able to post at a somewhat regular basis. So replace me, sorry again! I'm gonna try not to join another mafia game until I'm sure I can do it.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3336 (isolation #50) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3319, Snork wrote: projectmatt - How could you post that day and NOT CLAIM A KILL... I'm just.. astounded. We went the entire day without knowing what was going on because a teammate checked out. We went an entire day with this unfinished business distracting our analysis... because he couldn't bring himself to clear it up for us.
Day 3 lasted
barely
over 48 hours - a 48 hours in which I was going to come back and post/claim my shot before you guys speedlynched AngryPidgeon, but that didn't happen. I take responbility for shooting Anxiety but I think giving me pain for not claiming in the short time span where I specifically asked for the town to wait to lynch but they did regardless is kind of a silly thing to do.

That being said, I enjoyed this game and I apologize for my inactivity. A lot of real life interference happened - I wasn't faking a thing. I actually believe all my townreads were completely spot on this game, which makes me happy. I just didn't have the game presence to push against/for certain reads.

Thanks for modding, Plez.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3337 (isolation #51) » Sun May 11, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Actually, reading through, I didn't post in that short timespan of a day at all given how quickly it went and how busy I was.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3340 (isolation #52) » Mon May 12, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3338, Snork wrote:My bad :P tons of confusion in this game and we won anyway.
Haha no problem man, sorry if I came off as aggressive there :P You know, reverting back to my mafia play.

And Damon - true. I didn't find it as urgent to claim immediately on day 4 as I did on day 3, and the torch for d3 was already passed.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”