NY 172: Another Large Normal (GAME OVER)

Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:16 am

Post by Yates »

In post 748, talah wrote:Well the other two points are you commenting about my take on matt and not liking my call on AP.
I was wondering about your "fuck you -ish" attitude statement, actually. And you used that to claim you had a "Townish" read on bjc for displaying it. I just found that odd.
In post 748, talah wrote:The matt thing was just when you glaze over when a post's meter seems slow?
Huh? This isn't AT ALL what I thought you were saying. Can you instead just give me your Matt read?
In post 748, talah wrote:The other thing - err I don't even know what you're getting at.
You started down this path of "how do you know it's RL issues? Maybe he's faking it!" Don't use out of game excuses for a read. I burned Pere on this earlier. It's super scummy.

Also, drunk trolling is best trolling. Though I'm not realy trolling you, am I? More like I saw you had recently posted, ignored my post as it pertains to you, and had some questions...
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Yates »

In post 749, Damon_Gant wrote:I've got my eye on you.
I thought you had your eye on EVERYONE... :igmeou:
In post 749, Damon_Gant wrote:And no...no I am not saying that. I'm not sure I can let that one go - you've been playing mafia too long to be dumb enough to even suggest that - particularly the point that you seem to think I have "let slip" that Mister Rogers is town, which is just laughably stupid.
Reaction Test: failed. YOU have been playing mafia too long to be dumb enough to think that was an ACTUAL scum slip accusation. If I were scum I'd push that point and call it a "slip" until you were hanged. Point of that post, though, is that it's dumb to tell people what you would do as scum and to try to pretend that the fact you aren't doing that is why you are town even though you just showed that you are aware of your scum meta and could therefore alter your meta accordingly.

Now *I* have my eye on *YOU.*
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:40 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 751, Yates wrote:If I were scum I'd push that point and call it a "slip" until you were hanged
:igmeou: noted post is noted.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Damon_Gant
Damon_Gant
Goon
Damon_Gant
Goon
Goon

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:44 am

Post by Damon_Gant »

In post 751, Yates wrote:Reaction Test: failed. YOU have been playing mafia too long to be dumb enough to think that was an ACTUAL scum slip accusation. If I were scum I'd push that point and call it a "slip" until you were hanged. Point of that post, though, is that it's dumb to tell people what you would do as scum and to try to pretend that the fact you aren't doing that is why you are town even though you just showed that you are aware of your scum meta and could therefore alter your meta accordingly.

Now *I* have my eye on *YOU.*
I tried to look at your scum slip accusation as a reaction test. It seemed nonsensical, as my reaction would tell you nothing about my alignment. It still seems nonsensical, you didn't explain at all how my reaction gives you any idea about my alignment.

I do actually agree with your latter point - it's useless me telling the people what my own scum meta is in terms of scumhunting me. The point of talking about what I would do as scum was not to say "and as I'm not fulfulling my self-scum-meta I must be town". My point was that Mister Rogers had one idea of how a scum player might approach a game, and I was showing him a different way one might go about it.
Swimming, anyone?

Call me Gant
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:44 am

Post by talah »

In post 750, Yates wrote:Also, drunk trolling is best trolling. Though I'm not realy trolling you, am I? More like I saw you had recently posted, ignored my post as it pertains to you, and had some questions...
:Pea Tear Griffin: good
In post 750, Yates wrote:
In post 748, talah wrote:Well the other two points are you commenting about my take on matt and not liking my call on AP.
I was wondering about your "fuck you -ish" attitude statement, actually. And you used that to claim you had a "Townish" read on bjc for displaying it. I just found that odd.
bjc seems like a 'fuck you' guy. In addition to what I've already said. Until he posts something that looks scummy to me - I have him town leaning.

Why don't you ask piskop or aptil about him, unless you've PLAYED with him (like I suggested Pere do)?
In post 748, talah wrote:The matt thing was just when you glaze over when a post's meter seems slow?
Huh? This isn't AT ALL what I thought you were saying. Can you instead just give me your Matt read?
Leaning town. Your request is granted.
What did you expect? A landmark turnaround? I'm genuinely interested in what you thought I would say.
In post 748, talah wrote:The other thing - err I don't even know what you're getting at.
You started down this path of "how do you know it's RL issues? Maybe he's faking it!" Don't use out of game excuses for a read. I burned Pere on this earlier. It's super scummy.
I disagree wholeheartedly. I have no problem calling people out for affecting games negatively with RL excuses. It makes it so much harder to get a full set of data. Fucking replace out and suffer the meta consequences if you can't even post an opinion once a day. I don't give a shit. The only time I've EVER lurked was as scum, and that was in the late game when things were cramping up. If you don't want to play mafia why the fuck should I accept null slots which can't be read as a part of my game?

How many scum do you think are in the lurkers? (And seriously if you say 25% I'm just going to ignore you for a bit because obviously you don't give a crap about OUR GAME THAT WE'RE PLAYING RIGHT NOW), so Tia for a measured response.

:S
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:49 am

Post by talah »

In post 751, Yates wrote:even though you just showed that you are aware of your scum meta and could therefore alter your meta accordingly.
Can I just ask placidly what kind of person you think is not aware of their scum meta, and adjusting accordingly?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:58 am

Post by pisskop »

In [url=http://www.mafiascm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5758866#p5758866]post 754[/url], talah wrote:Until he posts something that looks scummy to me - I have him town leaning.
he gets to die D2 if he doesnt post content D1. big difference between being an ass an scumballing yourself into nonposting.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 729, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 726, Nero Cain wrote:?????????

I think it was pretty obvious that me and Mastin didn't have the same reads on Luca and you asking me to comment on something that serves no purpose other than cluttering up the thread with a useless discussion. I know you are "new" but players disagree with each other all the time; its not scummy to disagree.

I'm townreading Mastin b/c A.) I don't think he's done anything real scummy and B.)

But I'm a bit curious here...I know Mastin is in your "greys" but why ask me about him?

@Damon-stop "eyeballin'" yo...I'm already spoken for.
Its not just Luca but also Aptil & Thad. I also asked you about those two reads. If you check they are both in my Grey too.

I never said it was scummy to disagree but as someone that was basically "new" to the thread going through those posts AND having a differing opinion on a key read (Luca and the exact same opinion as myself) that you would notice that Mastin's reads looked awful strange, as I did.

It is a key point in my estimation because Mastin is unreadable EXCEPT for his reads.

What do you think of Mastin's reads on Aptil & Thad the way he expressed them?
Your original question was about Mastin's Luca read. I don't remember you asking about Apitil and Thad. Can you quote this?

but still...I don't see how this conversation benefits town at all. You seem really concerned with Mastin for little to no reason. Mastin is grey for you (I'm assuming that is null leaning scum) and I don't understand why you'd waste so much energy on someone that has very little chance of being the days lynch as apposed to trying to rally the town to lynch your top scum suspect. And if you are so concerned with Mastin then why haven't you had a convo with AP? Or have you had one and you can show this to me?

I don't care about Mastin...I don't care about Apitil...I don't care about Thad. The only thing I do care about is lynching your scum ass but this will be like Harry Potter where I peg the scum and derp town don't listen to me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 729, Mister Rogers wrote:
In post 726, Nero Cain wrote:?????????

I think it was pretty obvious that me and Mastin didn't have the same reads on Luca and you asking me to comment on something that serves no purpose other than cluttering up the thread with a useless discussion. I know you are "new" but players disagree with each other all the time; its not scummy to disagree.

I'm townreading Mastin b/c A.) I don't think he's done anything real scummy and B.)

But I'm a bit curious here...I know Mastin is in your "greys" but why ask me about him?

@Damon-stop "eyeballin'" yo...I'm already spoken for.
Its not just Luca but also Aptil & Thad. I also asked you about those two reads. If you check they are both in my Grey too.

I never said it was scummy to disagree but as someone that was basically "new" to the thread going through those posts AND having a differing opinion on a key read (Luca and the exact same opinion as myself) that you would notice that Mastin's reads looked awful strange, as I did.

It is a key point in my estimation because Mastin is unreadable EXCEPT for his reads.

What do you think of Mastin's reads on Aptil & Thad the way he expressed them?
Your original question was about Mastin's Luca read. I don't remember you asking about Apitil and Thad. Can you quote this?

but still...I don't see how this conversation benefits town at all. You seem really concerned with Mastin for little to no reason. Mastin is grey for you (I'm assuming that is null leaning scum) and I don't understand why you'd waste so much energy on someone that has very little chance of being the days lynch as apposed to trying to rally the town to lynch your top scum suspect. And if you are so concerned with Mastin then why haven't you had a convo with AP? Or have you had one and you can show this to me?

I don't care about Mastin...I don't care about Apitil...I don't care about Thad. The only thing I do care about is lynching your scum ass but this will be like Harry Potter where I peg the scum and derp town don't listen to me.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 735, talah wrote:I'm just being a lazy half drunk fuck and taking a day off, but do you have a read on me yet?
I pretty much have a gut reaction to everyone. If you consider that a read then town since you are reminding me of the first game we played. Most of ya'll should already know that if I find something that I think needs to be yelled about...then I'll yell about.

Anyways, more Rogers votes plox.

Plessiez
Plessiez
Goon
Plessiez
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:47 am

Post by Plessiez »

bjc has requested replacement.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:09 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 718, Mister Rogers wrote:Ok, for all you people in TV land, the winner of the Grey promotion award is...

Projectmatt
!

Let's give him a round of applause for multiple townreads, exclusive focusing on lurkers, and asking others for scum case material on two separate occasions while having expressed none of his own! In general, posting like scum that is lost in the thread!

He obviously has enough game experience to generate scum reads on his own but has made excuses on at least two occasions, much like Taleh (except he didn't use multiball as the reason).

The final straw was his statement about making a big post after dinner which he failed to do.

I find his Yates vote to be quite terrible (it appears to be baseless; notice the difference with PK's vote which occurs at the same time) and overall there is no scum hunting with only lip-service paid to it.

I also see an amazingly unbelievable ott defense of BJC -- I mean it might just be a noise issue to harp on and maybe its just coincidental regarding the Yates vote but -- he has become the biggest BJC defender in this thread.

The major event that brought his ISO to my attention was of course his fake push over voting a lurker (in this case it was BJC) which simply read as town posturing (it may end up being more than that). On this note, he had expressed being hot and heavy on Aptil and also said he would provide case material there; haven't seen any of that and I suspect he took a look at that ISO and Aptil's most recent post and declined to even try.

So my updated short list:
Taleh, Matt, DG, Anx
1. What's wrong with having townreads?
2. I have provided essentially most of my major reads, cases pending.
3. Where have I not generated reads on my own? Who did I steal them from?
4. I probably have become the biggest BJC defender in the thread. You think my defense is illogical in spite of literally hiveminding the same logic as me, though. Explain?
5. The primary thing of your -case- seems to be that I haven't done a wall explaining my internal logic yet. I will man, don't worry, the day is young!
In post 684, Yates wrote:
In post 649, projectmatt wrote:How do you make the distinction between "intentionally" lurking and "simply" lurking?
Are you familiar with the Beetlejuice tell? Also, to ask this question a different way, How do
you
make the distinction between "intentionally" lurking and "simply" lurking?

While I'm not voting bjc purely for lurking, I'm okay with having my vote on a lurker. Do you have a problem with that?
In post 288, projectmatt wrote:Vote: Aptil
Guess not.
I am not familiar with the beetlejuice tell. Although it's now been brought to light that aptil isn't lurking intentionally - at the time Mr. Rodgers made that post, there was no clear distinction as to whether or not Aptil was lurking intentionally or lurking due to internet problems. "Simply" lurking and "intentionally" lurking seem like the exact same thing, I believe the correct term might be "intentionally" lurking and "unintentionally" lurking.

I don't have a problem with a vote being on a lurker. What are your reasons for voting BJC other than lurking?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:36 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 716, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 710, Mister Rogers wrote:@nero: Excellent Luca read btw. Could you please comment on Mastin's Luca read? Thanks.
die you scum fuck.
Hey, referencing Nacho is my new schtick. I reserve the right to post his avatar in the thread at least.

Roger's reaction to Nero's entry is weird, not necessarily scummy? Wanna think about it. It felt very controlled/deadpan, which could just be his playstyle or having fun with Nero. Meh.
In post 718, Mister Rogers wrote:I also see an amazingly unbelievable ott defense of BJC -- I mean it might just be a noise issue to harp on and maybe its just coincidental regarding the Yates vote but -- he has become the biggest BJC defender in this thread.
Ya, I don't quite like the BJC defense specifically. He is talking about how lurker lynches are subpar in general (which I agree) but his previous vote on aptil is a little off considering that and he sort of transitions into a BJC specific defense and votes Yates at the same time. Buuuttt, I don't see this as particularly egregious unless BJC is actually scum and Matt is useful enough that I'd rather lynch BJC first of the two if Im going down that path. So still rather not lynch matt today.
In post 724, Mister Rogers wrote:1) Didn't his read look bizarre to you? And his opening reads in general (the 3 I mentioned)?
2) What do I need to know about Mastin as to why he's town i.e. why you are reading him as town?
1) Quick gut reads and updating them constantly is sort of a mastin thing in general. Im annoyed that shes V/LA but shes not posting anywhere on site so -shrug-. Shes not one to flake though, so she'll be back.
2) Im not really willing to call mastin town yet. Reading mastin is more of an art than a science :P. Weve discussed it multiple times and I think the best way I can describe it is her heart just isn't in the posts she makes when shes scum. Shes capable of faking it thought which is the scary part, gotta look for the cracks. She gets misread a TON for meta and shes actually pretty good at mimicking townmeta as scum.

/meta.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:54 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 748, talah wrote:The other thing - err I don't even know what you're getting at. I knew AP didn't have info on Luca (or at least, strongly suspected he didn't), and if he actually did I would have dropped it immediately on a say-so. Turns out he didn't, so I am still Not seeing the issue with wagonning the crap out of lurkers while we have a week on the clock. Apparently that's scummy, to want content from lurkers.
BULLSHIT. You have been actively wagoning Luca because you think hes scum, not because you "want more info from him" and your previous post is you talking about all the scummy things hes GOING to do when he gets back. This is switching up your reason for voteparking Luca and that ain't gonna fly.

And also, voting Lurkers rarely makes them post more and certainly hasn't made Luca post more.

We have a week left. Now is the time to start settling on compromises and leaving some time open to deal with claims so we dont have to get stuck wagoning someone frantically at deadline like what happens in literally every large game recently.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:56 am

Post by pisskop »

o.o bjc placed out.

i hope its a scumtell.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:56 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 742, Yates wrote:
In post 738, aptil wrote:Hopefully the situation will be sorted by tomorrow .
:neutral:

Please hurry it along as quickly as possible. I would really like to see you come in here and Town up the joint so absolutely that Matt chokes on it. Thanks in advance.
lol.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 733, Plessiez wrote:
It's day 1. Deadline for the day is March 28th, 21:59 UTC. That's (expired on 2014-03-28 17:59:48).

Vote Count 1.12
pisskop [3] (bjc, Luca Blight, Zdenek)
Luca Blight [3] (Damon_Gant, 4nxi3ty, talah)
Yates [2] (projectmatt, pisskop)
bjc [2] (PeregrineV, Yates)
Damon_Gant [2] (SnowStorm, mastin2)
talah [2] (AngryPidgeon, Mister Rogers)
aptil [1] (DeasVail)
4nxi3ty [1] (ThAdmiral)
mastin2 [1] (BipolarChemist)
Nero Cain [1] (RachMarie)
Mister Rogers [1] (Nero Cain)

1 player is not voting
: {aptil}

With
players alive it takes
votes to lynch somebody or to go to night.

Nobody has recently been prodded.
BipolarChemist is V/LA until March 23rd.
mastin2 is V/LA until March 31st.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:57 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Ya, thats pretty bad. People voting on a lone wagon should consider changing that.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:05 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Th only thing going for the pisskop wagon is Zdenek.
the only thing going for the Luca wagon is Gant
(I read the sig)

Someone help me understand the Yates or Gant wagon.

@bjc-replacement
- you are starting from a deep shithole as far as I'm concerned. It'd be nice if you come in here and squirt towniness from every orifice.

I almost want to vote Aptil for not voting, because even though it's almost vanity Wagon Central, at least there are votes.

The talah wagon intrigues me.

@talah
- Can you explain why I don't have a town read on you yet?

@Mister Rogers
- I think I get that you're rusty or out of vogue or whatever, but you do seem to be saying something then doing the opposite and calling people out for things you are also doing. And it seems to be you trying to "adapt" to current meta.
Cut it out. It was amusing the first time, but it's going to earn you rope, because it's starting to be scummy.
Play however you play. If your wrong and town, you'll get over it. If we don't like it, tough on us.
If you are playing at the 2nd level, carry on.

@Nero
- If Mister Rogers is going to be your tunnel target this game, that's fine. But I want 50% of you posts to be screaming for Roger's lynch, and the other 60% to be finding scum. For this, please pretend Rogers is SK, so no Rogers relationship cases.

This is my start for the day. Let's get moving people, we only have 168 hours to save the Earth!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:08 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 767, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ya, thats pretty bad. People voting on a lone wagon should consider changing that.
You can be my Day 1 Mason buddy, AP.

Day 1 Mason QTI think Talah's posting the last few pages has improved, but only because I didn't look to closely at it. Why am I not getting the town feeling I want from her stuff?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 767, AngryPidgeon wrote:Ya, thats pretty bad. People voting on a lone wagon should consider changing that.
no. I'm going to push on Rogers since I believe he'd be an excellent lynch however he's actually posting so I could see folks not wanting to get rid of that yet so either him or Luca.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 770, Nero Cain wrote:
no. I'm going to push on Rogers since I believe he'd be an excellent lynch however he's actually posting so I could see folks not wanting to get rid of that yet so either him or Luca.
why not Aptil?

Vote: Aptil
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

he's meh and doesn't excite me at all.

I think Luca could easily lurk it out as scum. Whats so scummy about Ap and what is your read on
Bert's alt
Mr. Rodgers?

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:27 am

Post by PeregrineV »

See, this is what happens when I get distracted.

Vote: Mastin

I want her to come in pumped up and start coherently scumhunting. A big juicy wagon would accomplish that, I think.

I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 772, Nero Cain wrote:he's meh and doesn't excite me at all.

I think Luca could easily lurk it out as scum. Whats so scummy about Ap and what is your read on
Bert's alt
Mr. Rodgers?
I don't think AP's scummy. He's been posting my thoughts before I needed to at least 3 times already this game.

I have MisterRogers as town, mostly for his paranoia and enthusiasm. He needs to find some focus, but I think we have the players that can help him with that.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”