Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5321 (isolation #400) » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:15 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5286, Whiskers wrote:Axel > Nero > Transcend > Flairs = Lucky* > IaI
and i want to point out that these are shitty reads made for the purpose of putting reads out. (people asked) They change a lot right now and idk who to read as what. We're in lylo (possibly) and it's a pretty volitile state. We have a new replacement and the game is a clusterfuck.

so like, it's less that some scumreads are bigger or stronger than others-- I mean there's that too-- but people are scummy for different reasons, like beeboy being town then nobody in that slot playing ever again. that's scummy, but is it maybe a town-tell? woudln't scum who're winning want to excitedly continue playing? But does this even count as that, since beeboy slot has been lurking since the second half of day 1?

Transcend is null and idk what to read him as. I want to OMGUS him. The fact that he's coming across as null and not scummy makes me think he's probably scum that's playing safe, too safe to stand out.

IaI is making posts that I agree with yet I have him listed as my strongest scumread here. Why is that? IaI is making the most obvious, clear-cut scumtell of all these players, IMO. IDK if that actually makes him the scummiest, but it's the scumread I am most able to understand and explain.

And tbh I'm not afraid to say my reads are fluid and garbage, because Nero isn't committing to reads either, and I think that's probably a wise decision to make. It's best for each player personally, albeit not the best for Town.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5356 (isolation #401) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5333, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5281, Whiskers wrote:Because oyu were the one who suggested it and argued it.
So? Changing one's mind isn't necessarily scummy. My g/f changes her mind like every 30 seconds, is she scum?
yeah probably. lynch her and see if she flips red.

The thing is that when it was an issue earlier you insisted it was one way and now when it would benefit 4!scum to have the town thinking they can mislynch freely (aka, believing there's 3!scum), you're saying "oh no it's totally probably Not the way I insisted. I insist I was wrong."
it's not the worst thing in the world but like,
c'mon.
In post 5333, Nero Cain wrote: IaI, both you and Whiskers keep pointing out the similarities between this and a newbie game-me question is-you are using the 3.5:1 ration for newbies but why is that a better indicator of the setup than the 4.6:1 in a large 17 player normal?
erm, did I say something about a newbie game? I probably did.
iirc i compared the ratio of town:scum and compared the power level of the town PRs.

two ICs are a nice fat bonus to town. JK with no chance to block a townrole is a Doc+, it's even stronger than a usual JK.
Like mostly I'm looking at the JK as the big power role in the room. It's not a cop but why would you even allow a cop and a doc in the same setup together?
In post 5336, I Am Innocent wrote:Whiskers not ignoring you either. Need to get back to my notes to see your early posts which I didn’t like. I do remember not liking your back and forth with Joey, and especially hated your newbie defense of nauci when they first entered the thread, esp after ur earlier newbie <> town hypocritical comment. Also felt there were many associative tells between you, beeboy, and nauci, tho I have to see if those still hold water for you and beeboy now that nauci flipped town.
Gonna remind you that the "newbie hypocritical" stuff was UC defending himself going "I'm noob! I'm noob! No shoot!" and then me defending Nauci by going "She's kinda noob, no shoot yet."

It's like trying to clear
yourself
by
self-
meta vs someone
else
clearing you with your meta.
Plus, for the record, we still haven't lynched UC.
In post 5336, I Am Innocent wrote:And yes, I think there is merit when so many people scum read a player yet they are impossible to lynch. See the speed of naucis wagon as a counter example
(psst, that's scum waiting for town to drive the inevitable wagon on a universally scum-read townie.)

And frankly, as I said, I wouldn't be impossible to lynch if you or anybody would make a case on me.

....Maybe not
anybody
, Axel kind of did already.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5357 (isolation #402) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:29 pm

Post by Whiskers »

wow good post.

I'd lynch Sauce, IaI, or Transcend here.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5358 (isolation #403) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:34 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Sauce is doing all this bullshit trying to force the lynch pool down to two (conveniently, he gets to pick and it excludes him), he's trying to drive town like "hey anybody who doesn't lynch in the same direction I do is scum"

IaI is straight up refusing to engage because "2 meny werdz" after posting a page of straight up quoted votecounts with some kind of VCA in completely separate posts. Axel is like "Hey defend this" and IaI is just "nah." My conf bias also says he's a snake in the grass waiting for the spark to lynch whiskers.

Transcend is literally spamming.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5359 (isolation #404) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5285, Whiskers wrote:axel and IaI make sense together,
also i have no clue why i thought this when i made this post.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5360 (isolation #405) » Sun Nov 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5281, Whiskers wrote:
In post 5162, Nero Cain wrote:
Why should I buy one setup over the other?
Because oyu were the one who suggested it and argued it.
"why should I believe the thing that I said?"

Why should anybody else believe anything you say?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5480 (isolation #406) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Whiskers »

holy shit game exploded overnight, reading 5 pages.

to answer quetsions rq: @IaI I voted Lucky but he didn't get quickhammered. that either means we have a free mislynch or he's town. it's not a 100% forgone conclusion but it's a hunch that I'm leaning with.

@nero: because you're town. and btw, I DID fos you for changing your mind, so there's your "scumread for changing your mind" that oyu wanted.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5482 (isolation #407) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5401, Lucky2u wrote:The only thing that bothers me about the sauce wagon is how much support it apparently would have. Show of hands, is anyone opposed to it at all? If so, why?

I am apparently the only one that thought beeboy was town while he was in the slot. I changed my read there to null just before he left and scum when Flairs scummed it up. Sauce, I apologise you had to replace into a late game as a scum, but you're being very scummy yourself so you aren't helping the matter.
I had a similar read. Beeboy was town Day 1.0 - 1.5, after that he lurked out and became null/scum. We need a redeeming performance here and I find we're just not getting it.

That's why he has support. He looks scummy and replaced into a lurker who rode on his towncred until it ran out.

In post 5413, I Am Innocent wrote:...Yet there has not been one vote Sauce's way. Three have been sent your way by contrast...
???

I'm pretty sure no votes have been sent anybody's way today, except two, on Lucky, early. Since you made this post in reply to Transcend...

wtf are you talking about?
In post 5432, I Am Innocent wrote:Consider my vote on Sauce. I'm playing for the end game though, so I want to see if Whiskers/Axel/Sauce pile on me or not.
No, that's silly--
In post 5434, I Am Innocent wrote:Has he done any scumhunting in the process nope.
Um-- really?

seriously?

idk maybe i'll pile on you after all.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5486 (isolation #408) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:37 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5446, Transcend wrote:Yes

I think there's scum in those two

But i also think you're scum.
It woulnd't matter. Unless both of us are scum, the other scum could come in and quick lynch. (needs 4 to lynch. 3 scum + 1 townie) It didn't happen.

If we ARE both scum, then it would be incredibly stupid to try to lynch like that: we'd need an VI to come in and hop on the wagon with all the scum to get a lynch through.

OR, if there are 3 scum, there'd be no point in a scum voting there, since scumteam wouldn't be able to force a mislynch.

tldr your analysis is fatal.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5487 (isolation #409) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5484, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5459, Transcend wrote:I tr iai
does a town IaI lie/misrep me and say that I am POE town reading Sauce and when my post was clearly about Axe.
meanwhile iai doing fuckall to explain the vca walls when axel tries to engage her.

and argument from repetition trying to lynch me.

idk dude.
Nero Cain wrote:Since I don't want anyone to cheat off of my paper, could everyone do a reads list of all the players with a little blurb why?
what paper?

anyway i'm not really comprehending the Sauce play on the last page.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5490 (isolation #410) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:10 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5488, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 5487, Whiskers wrote:what paper?
it was just a cutesy way of saying that I fear that scum will parrot my reads/reasoning. It's like grade school when you'd copy off of some else's test/ACT.
yeah ummm
but aren't people accusing oyu of having poor and inconsistent reads? Why would somebody copy yours? Why should we think you're not going to copy whoever obliges you and posts reads here (since yours are inconsistent)?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5531 (isolation #411) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5493, I Am Innocent wrote:So unless there are only scum voting sauce, or unless there isn’t 4 scum total, sauce is scum.

vote sauce
Vote: I Am Innocent
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5532 (isolation #412) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:00 pm

Post by Whiskers »

oh wait the game is over
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5533 (isolation #413) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5510, Lucky2u wrote:Everyone someone plays angry like whiskers they are scum. Should have agreed to that lynch earlier.
Me being angry doesn't change whether i'm town or scum.
In post 5523, mhsmith0 wrote:No it's actually my fault :P
Who the heck are you?
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5583 (isolation #414) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5576, Joey_ wrote:Honestly
tiam
Quick made it a nightmare to play,
fixed this for you ^
MathBlade wrote:
In post 5573, Smocaine wrote:Ask for some editing to be done Mathblade. I wanna read the pt. :mrgreen:
It's not that simple.

I would have to redact multiple players posts and so I would rather let people read it whom I have a good "bead" for.
I didn't realize it hadn't been released-- um, what are you referring to? I don't remember seeing anything that stood out as someone being in a poor frame of mind or however you'd said it.

Personally I want it released so people can see me lose my shit over Alisae replacing out. You want to see my "faked anger," fucking look at my reaction to that.

BTW I was watching the main thread for opportunities to set up a quickhammer, I didn't know I needed to watch to QT. ...since most games don't Day-talk for Mafia, I just assumed we'd do it the old fashioned way.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5584 (isolation #415) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Whiskers »

All the heavy posters (myself included, I suppose) killed momentum and caused apathy to set in among the players.

Thanks to
Pienyan
for running!

Sorry to Nauci, for having to lynch you.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5586 (isolation #416) » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Whiskers »

ehhh never mind, I guess we got into some
stuff.

I'm not really into giving a shit what leaks onto the internet and I don't really care what people read or think about me. But go ahead and edit out whatever parts of my posts you need to to keep your own anonymity.

But leave my fucking alisae rage in there.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5599 (isolation #417) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5596, Quick wrote:Kinda sucks that my best read of the game AKA whiskers never got lynched. But I have to hand it to them with the word count.
I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't surpass your Day 1 post ISO until like day 3
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5601 (isolation #418) » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:19 am

Post by Whiskers »

In post 5600, Quick wrote:
In post 5599, Whiskers wrote:
In post 5596, Quick wrote:Kinda sucks that my best read of the game AKA whiskers never got lynched. But I have to hand it to them with the word count.
I mean, I'm pretty sure I didn't surpass your Day 1 post ISO until like day 3
That may be true, but I had very few fluff posts. I posted way too much, that's a given. My point was I think people were town reading you (or at least not voting you) because you had high volume posts and said a lot in your posts. That's not easy to do as Scum. It was supposed to be a compliment.
Isn't it easy to do as scum?

But I'll take the compliment, thank you!

I don't know why I didn't get lynched. I kept saying people should lynch me, and even self voted. Later I was out and out telling IaI that he should make a case on me. Alisae bussed me, Mathblade (the flipped scum) played really suspiciously around my slot, and then Transcend came in and bussed me again by pointing out that Alisae busses hard.
And like, I just didn't get lynched I guess.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”