Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5350 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:19 pm

Post by Tet »

Yeah so as a one off it seemed really townsided but I think that's mostly the playerlist and scum rands.

Don't believe scum gets stomped like this twice in a row. Things also play out different if the IC doesn't confirm day 1 and masons don't get run up the same day.

Rolecop hit VT night 1 because of FL as a player not really misreading prs. It was just a series of unfortunate events.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5351 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I think town needed a disruptive role to help disrupt the loyal neighborizer

I don't think the amount of conftown this setup generates is too bad if there's more of a counter to the neighborizer, like a rolestopper
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5352 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 5349, Ankamius wrote:I don't think the setup by itself is extremely townsided, it just has a lot of conditions to make the game very demoralizing for scum

there's a very high bar scum have to hit in order to have a pretty good shot with this setup and town require much less in order for it to be incredibly strong
I'd agree with this.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5353 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:20 pm

Post by the worst »

skitter's IC gambit did kinda expose the Cursed Slot yeah
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5354 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:23 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 5169, Flavor Leaf wrote:NerfedBuJ - even with Boonie Fever, he managed to vote elsewhere and look elsewhere. Solid play from getting outside of tunnel vision.

Ehh I don't think I've ever had blinding tunnel vision. Like sure nothing would have changed my mind about you this game but it doesn't mean I can't look at, case, and vote other players.

Also I like to be right, and I'm right quite a lot. Losing to someone I was scumreading all game would have been far far worse than mislynching once.

I will say that I think it isn't paranoia because of who you are though. I've read people like skitter and RC correctly more than incorrectly in the past. I just interpret things with the simplest most logical way from my pov and heavily rely on gut. Like I said in day 1 you play like a 4+ headed hydra despite being a single player. You create internal dissonance with your posts and actions. I can't treat you as null forever I have to lean one way or another and push to see what happens.

Haha so saudade was a mason in a way with the loyal modifier. But pleeeeeease people don't confirm masons who aren't masons.

I'm not saying saudade didn't town it up but it's just so wrong to do so.

Also kudos to saudade for playing well alongside being an asshole. Huge step up from just pissing people off for 2 days then repping out. Don't lie and say you haven't done that before.

Like he even had good reads instead of insulting the reads of people who nailed the scum team correctly, which has happened.
My main is BuJaber.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5355 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 5354, NerfedBuJ wrote:Haha so saudade was a mason in a way with the loyal modifier. But pleeeeeease people don't confirm masons who aren't masons.
yea 100 on this
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5356 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

Okay so my 2 cents on setup.

So up to now I have played a lot of games with masons on MS.

I fully believe they're a really really powerful town role. Y'all need to stop underestimating it in setup design.

My opinion is:
2 masons = 1 town PR and needs 1 scum PR to balance them alone.
3 masons = 3 (yes 3) town PR and needs 1.5 scum PRs to balance them alone.

More than 3 in a game this size is basically auto win for town.

Don't show me games where towns with masons lost. They played terribly for sure.
My main is BuJaber.
Vorkuta
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Vorkuta
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5357 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by Vorkuta »

In post 5355, pisskop wrote:
In post 5354, NerfedBuJ wrote:Haha so saudade was a mason in a way with the loyal modifier. But pleeeeeease people don't confirm masons who aren't masons.
yea 100 on this
*triggered*
It's why enigma and I had a hard time dealing with him and playing the 'back and forth/neither confirm nor deny' thing
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5358 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:36 pm

Post by pisskop »

Why? Ignore him
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5359 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by pisskop »

You see how i didnt confirm him, didnt put any claims down for him, asked you not to interject into his claim, and still kept up my TR on the slot?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5360 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:37 pm

Post by pisskop »

Youre the mason, hes the guy you put up with.

you have the power here. Dont give it to him.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5361 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Tet »

In post 5360, pisskop wrote:Youre the mason, hes the guy you put up with.

NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5362 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

In post 5359, pisskop wrote:You see how i didnt confirm him, didnt put any claims down for him, asked you not to interject into his claim, and still kept up my TR on the slot?
Tbh this would look kinda sketchy to me in the early game.

Like I would not have any explanation for why a truthful mason would not push a guy fake claiming mason.

And I'd have questions, and eventually either one of us gets lynched or you out him anyway.

So just out him in that case.
My main is BuJaber.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5363 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5356, NerfedBuJ wrote:Okay so my 2 cents on setup.

So up to now I have played a lot of games with masons on MS.

I fully believe they're a really really powerful town role. Y'all need to stop underestimating it in setup design.

My opinion is:
2 masons = 1 town PR and needs 1 scum PR to balance them alone.
3 masons = 3 (yes 3) town PR and needs 1.5 scum PRs to balance them alone.

More than 3 in a game this size is basically auto win for town.

Don't show me games where towns with masons lost. They played terribly for sure.
100% agree with this

the ability to confirm town is extremely powerful and any competent town can make very good use of that

the raw power town has increases exponentially as read accuracy goes up, and the ability to confirm alignments is a flat non-negotiable boost

plus any competent town can use those confirmed reads to create even more correct reads, which makes it even stronger
NerfedBuJ
NerfedBuJ
Goon
NerfedBuJ
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5364 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by NerfedBuJ »

Thank you for modding sky.

There were annoying moments but overall it was a very fun game and I'm glad I decided to join.
My main is BuJaber.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5365 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Ankamius »

yes thank you for modding, sky

don't let my complaining take away from that, your modding was very good this game and I appreciate you taking our criticisms in stride
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #5366 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by Skygazer »

<3
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5367 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Ankamius »

<3
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5368 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 5362, NerfedBuJ wrote:Tbh this would look kinda sketchy to me in the early game.
yea, after day 1 I can see that.

I feel like its easy for me to say since I didnt have to do much or put up with it.

Vort you did fine.

So whens your next game sky?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5369 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 5365, Ankamius wrote:yes thank you for modding, sky

don't let my complaining take away from that, your modding was very good this game and I appreciate you taking our criticisms in stride
Seconded!

(Though, one bit of feedback: it would be nice, if you have videos in VC's, to put them in spoilers. Because multiple times I wanted to ISO you while on my phone, and it just wouldn't load :dead: )
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #5370 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by Skygazer »

i'll hopefully have a normal micro in the queue soon!

i'm also working on a large theme that's p close to done in terms of setup; i just have to finish role PMs and get some final approvals from my reviewers and ask someone to backup mod!

pedit: yeah i slowly realized that over time my iso was getting laggier and laggier :x ill probs cut back on video flavor in the future and replace them w/ links if i want music
i have the most queues
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5371 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 5361, Tet wrote:
In post 5360, pisskop wrote:Youre the mason, hes the guy you put up with.

Also, I literally just played Devil’s Advocate to everything this game, even when the reads aligned with mine, but I think that’s just a playstyle thing. I like going over everything and he possibilities, and I think the combination of Saudade and Myself actually cases people both ways, because in the end, I still came back around every single time.

I can see why it’s irritating, though, but I went through a lot of analysis to cover all bases. :lol:

Good work, Sky.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5372 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:57 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I can probably help backup mod if the setup itself isn't too insane
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #5373 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:59 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Quick plug: the large theme is goin to be called something along the lines of "A Completely Normal Game" or something along those lines; the premise is a game that's designed to be somewhat bastard/rolemadnessy while still fitting within the confines of "normalcy" (obviously i probablyyyyy would never be allowed to run it in the normal queue)
i have the most queues
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5374 (ISO) » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Bujaber - Nah, I get it. You’re good.

I’m not actually that hard to read, though. Players like Something, RCEnigma, and Baezu have an incredible amount of success in reading me.

The thing that’s harder is trying to lynch me, as either alignment.

And every single thing I do has a clear and precise thought process, so it’s not like I’m just sitting here trolling.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”