projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2026 (isolation #0) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:04 pm

Post by projectmatt »

hi everyone. i'll give this game a read-through soon, but i'll probably end up skimming some of it because life is too short.

in the meantime, what should i know? are there any claims/confirmed town/etc?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2023, Ankamius wrote:yay sanity
i wouldn't be so sure :P
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (isolation #2) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2028, Ankamius wrote:there's a bunch of setup spec stuff in day one

I noticed there was a bunch of wagons too, so that's probably a really important part of the game to read, which is exactly why I didn't read 2/3 of it
neat. i don't really care about setup spec so that means i can skip a lot of it guilt-free.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 1908, Aronis wrote:I just noticed another yuurei scum slip

Look at their title

It's a 'goon' aka the basic scum role. Nobody calls townies goons

VOTE: yuurei
In post 1914, Aronis wrote:
In post 1912, Yuurei wrote:by the way it's cringe worth how Aronis can't say any good reason to vote me so make puns as a reason

did the same thing quite a few times with other people as well
Look at your initial push on me

That was God awful and scummy at

And my self vote was more depression and defeat that was quickly vanquished when hebichan saw the light. I don't self vote out of rage
nice, i already found a mafia
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2036 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:17 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2033, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2026, projectmatt wrote:hi everyone. i'll give this game a read-through soon, but i'll probably end up skimming some of it because life is too short.

I started the game in a hood that can recruit or kill each night. Last night we recruited. I have been leaving hints of who is recruited each night.
I counterclaimed Luna who was a neighborizer that I thought was claiming masonizer.
Hebichan is a claimed PT cop who says HeWhoSwins is innocent.

I am kinda busy getting ready for some RL shit so if I missed something someone add it.
thanks. have you revealed the people who are in your hood yet? did you start off alone?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2039 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by projectmatt »

alright. i'm confused about the nature of your claim but i'll read through the game before i ask more questions.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2041 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by projectmatt »

i lied about not asking questions. is there a specific reason why you're not revealing the amount of people that you started with, and the names of them? why is the hood secretive?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:32 pm

Post by projectmatt »

i don't think you're lying about the people in your hood. that said, if the hood is just x amount of players and being in the hood means nothing for your alignment, then why does it matter if the scum try to neutralize it?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 3:33 pm

Post by projectmatt »

ah, i misread and didn't realize your hood also had the ability to kill. i get it now.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2143 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:24 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2136, Theta Alpine wrote:UNVOTE:
this is probably between aronis and mathblade now and i think vecna is more likely to be town at this point anyways

so on the one hand i scumread aronis but i also do not think my reasons are very good
on the other hand i townread mathblade but i also know he can pocket me to an extreme extent

aronis lynch gets a good bit of associatives with other people but not a game-solving level
mathblade lynch gets a few associatives but i am pretty sure math is fairly good about not being associated with his team [the whole cult-lite thing also throws a wrench into associations from math]

aronis lynch proves whether the [almost certainly joke] claim about being a mason is true
mathblade lynch gets the mechanics of cult-lite flipped or reveals that it was a lie if that was the case

aronis if town is decently good but honestly a little distracting
mathblade if town has less then a 50/50 chance of having almost perfect reads and has bad reads the rest of the time

aronis if scum - i have not played with aronis scum before [or i forgot about it] so someone else tell me
mathblade if scum can usually pocket most of the town with a few exceptions and yeah radiant would probably be one of those exceptions [the cult-lite claim also prevents the claimed investigative from being able to inno/guilty him]

finally i do not know what the difference in aronis scum/town is since as far as i can recall i have only played with town aronis
and i also do not have the capability of knowing what differences in mathblades play are alignment indicative or not yet
this post is wild because it's a bunch of paragraphs that boil down to "i don't know who the mafia is"

this might be scum
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:31 am

Post by projectmatt »

ankamius, yuurei, and nosferatu are all town based on the tiny reading i've done
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2146 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:36 am

Post by projectmatt »

it's weird that theta gave up her scumread on vecna with no explanation for the purpose of pushing the lynch between mathblade and aronis, in spite of never mentioning these players as possible mafia in her iso.

in fact, she mentioned early on that she thought mathblade and aronis were town.
In post 1432, Theta Alpine wrote:my reads are rather sparse right now but i am confident that aronis and creature are town
In post 1432, Theta Alpine wrote: from what i can tell ankamius cheeky hebichan and mathblade are town
there is not a logical development of reads.

vote: theta

i'll keep reading of course, but pressure doesn't hurt.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2148 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:44 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2147, hebichan wrote: It's not really a progression at all.
yeah, that's my point.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2270 (isolation #13) » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:46 am

Post by projectmatt »

prod dodge because real life keeps getting in the way. i'll post more thoughts soon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (isolation #14) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by projectmatt »

it's been a rough week so i haven't been able to post, but excuses are dumb. i will catch up and post on monday.
In post 2338, MathBlade wrote: 2) RC is town and had something manipulate the check.
is this an actual possibility? like, does this happen?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2485 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:17 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2425, RadiantCowbells wrote:I deserve better than whoever is town here for teammates. I really wish there was enough of a mafia community to have some sort of matchmaking so I wouldn't have to play with the people in this game.

As is my free time is better spent elsewhere.

I'd replace out but I don't think y'all deserve it and I'd post my role PM but I don't think mastina deserves that

But I'm not treating anyone in this game or the game itself with respect that it doesn't deserve
you should get over yourself.

i intend to vote mathblade today because i feel like their counter argument's to RC keep getting less logical and more desperate, and they've started embellishing RC's actions (ie: "RC keeps faking guilties on people") to try to get him lynched.

that said, RC
needs
to be instalynched if mathblade happens to flip town.

if math is town here, i find it strange that his members of the hood have not come to save or otherwise provide back-up for what he's saying. the lack of activity from math's hood makes the majority of math's counter-arguments fall flat here.
In post 2330, Vecna wrote:I could make the same argument for aronis and stringing you up tomorrow.

However, I choose not to be so full of myself in that my judgement is absolute. Some people learn from their mistakes.

At any rate, time for you to learn some humility. Good luck in getting this lynch done without my assistance.
i like this post.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2486 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:18 am

Post by projectmatt »

to be clear, if RC is fakeclaiming here then it's fucking disgusting and egotistical.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2506 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:15 pm

Post by projectmatt »

imo, we should do the following today:

1. make mathblade out his hood partners

2. lynch mathblade

3. if mathblade flips town, the hood will use their ability to kill radiantcowbells. since killing requires all members of the hood to agree, refusing to kill will be tantamount to a scum-claim.

4. if mathblade flips scum, the kill is unnecessary.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2514 (isolation #18) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2507, Ankamius wrote:
[EMPTY QUOTE]
if it feels like they have an agenda behind them, it's because they do. i don't really care that trying to push the goal of lynching mathblade makes me
look
like a partner of RC. i think they're mafia, or that we have the easy solution of having the hood kill RC on the chance that math flips town.

<<< Fixed quote tag by adding, "[EMPTY QUOTE]" to quote to make it work. >>>
Last edited by mastina on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:12 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2507, Ankamius wrote:pmatt

why do your posts feel weird?
^^

this is what i was trying to quote. also, i am extremely mentally fatigued so i've probably been posting differently than what you have seen of me.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2611 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by projectmatt »

V/LA for a few days

going through life circumstances that have taken away my ability to post intelligent thoughts or think coherently. i need to take a break for a couple of days as opposed to stressing myself out by being unable to post articulately.

cya soon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2883 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:40 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2689, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2686, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2685, Theta Alpine wrote:p-edit again
radiant if you are a tracker could you please consider the fact that math is likely town because of your result
if you are not a tracker then just tell us and we can stop telling you why your result is mechanically nigh impossible if math was actually the person who did the night kill
Um if RC really is tracker and got a proper result then why is math town? Not saying he's scum but it seems questionable that you're making that conclusion.
I'm thinking scum with too much knowledge I'm town. You thinking that Gamma?
Where did this read come from?
In post 2723, RadiantCowbells wrote:by the way

literally everyone in this game not voting mathblade right now owes me an apology when mathblade flips scum or don't talk to me ever again.
this is insanely melodramatic but i think it's coming from town.
In post 2744, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2762, RadiantCowbells wrote:
for the sake of the game can scum just bus mathblade and try to play from there?
In post 2754, Theta Alpine wrote:VOTE: nicorobin

how about this slot
This sounds like conversation

VOTE: Nicorobin

Let’s do anything other than let RC spam.
this is a
bad
vote.
In post 2763, Creature wrote:I don't think RC's result is real, the question is if I should trust he's able to read you so good to the point to fake a guilty and yet still be correct or not.
the thing about the mathblade v radiant thing that bothers me the most is the amount of people claiming that rc's claim is likely to not be real. i have little to no experience with RC, but he's made it exceedingly clear that he's claiming his result seriously, and that he wants it to be taken seriously. if he's fakeclaiming, i think it's pathetic, but his claim should be taken seriously and treated seriously. making it a "rc is fakeclaiming so it's ok to ignore both wagons" looks like an easy excuse for scum to not engage.
In post 2813, hebichan wrote: Regardless of my alignment, HWS shouldd be cleared.
why's that? i haven't been able to get an accurate read on HWS yet.
In post 2824, Vecna wrote:i think at this time projectmatt is a pretty damn good target as well
why?
In post 2837, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2835, zMuffinMan wrote:i think cheeky was town
:igmeou:
why did you feel the need to post this? this just feels slimey.
i'm not a fan of this post.
In post 2877, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2875, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2856, Vecna wrote:
In post 2850, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2847, Vecna wrote:gamma emerald, id like your detailed evaluation about the people in the hood. as in, was there scum in the initial 3? was the extra invite an objectively good choice?
Why? Doesn't that indicate who is in there, which Mathblade has explicitly said he doesn't want revealed right now?
so in your opinion the hood is completely safe and his approach is the right one?
Maybe not but regardless you trying to go against it feels kinda shady.
It was the safer.
If scum existed in the hood there would be no way the vig would hit scum.

VOTE: projectmatt

I am prod dodging because just started work again today but I could do projectmatt too
why? x2

i need to re-read keychain and vecna and a few others.

unvote
. i'll most likely end up putting this back on theta but i need to think.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2884 (isolation #22) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2797, Gamma Emerald wrote:

literally everyone in this game not voting mathblade right now owes me an apology when mathblade flips scum or don't talk to me ever again.
If he somehow does sure I'll apologize
but if not you have to apologize to the game for making it toxic
deal?
this reads a
lot
like scum posturing to me.
In post 2799, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2767, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2785, Theta Alpine wrote:let me put it this way
the actions that occur the following night will help clarify what is going on with math and radiant

so we should focus off of that for today until we have more information
Let's wait for radiant to be nightkilled then say that he must have been redirected so math is conftown!
I promise: if you get nightkilled by scum I'll be considering what you're saying no matter what you flip.
this also rubs me the wrong way.
In post 2847, Vecna wrote:gamma emerald, id like your detailed evaluation about the people in the hood. as in, was there scum in the initial 3? was the extra invite an objectively good choice?
Why? Doesn't that indicate who is in there, which Mathblade has explicitly said he doesn't want revealed right now?
so in your opinion the hood is completely safe and his approach is the right one?
ehhhh

gamma's iso is full of him casting vague suspicion on people and calling out posts for not being good without actually committing to reads. his scumhunting/questioning of people doesn't feel like it has any internal consistency.

i wasn't a huge fan of aronis's iso either. his only real confident read was a townread on hebichan, and it looked like he was pocketing/coasting off of the confidence of his townread at certain points. like this post:
In post 1841, Aronis wrote:I would like to kill somebody on the vecna wagon not named hebichan today
because of all of this, gamma/aronis leans scum.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2885 (isolation #23) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:57 am

Post by projectmatt »

i dont really read keychain as scum based on my quick iso on them. i'm at least willing to wait for them to be replaced before i would consider lynching them. lynching an inactive slot is usually a bad move.

in fact, i dont particularly read muffin as scum either.

starting to think that the theta wagon is still the best option.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2886 (isolation #24) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:59 am

Post by projectmatt »

actually yeah

vote: theta
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2888 (isolation #25) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:15 am

Post by projectmatt »

based on what you know of gamma, do you think this is his town-game?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2890 (isolation #26) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:32 am

Post by projectmatt »

arc has completely slipped under my radar but they might be scum too.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2898 (isolation #27) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by projectmatt »

i'm way too lazy to respond to all of those counterpoints, but you didn't actually explain why you think i'm mafia. you said that my switch to theta was survivalist, but that happened after you already voted me, so there has to be a reason that you didn't say. what is it?

also, i don't agree with you that there's only two options with you vs RC, but i do think that it's a problem that will partially solve itself with night actions and RC's replacement, which is why im not lynching between you two.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2899 (isolation #28) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2897, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2885, projectmatt wrote:i dont really read keychain as scum based on my quick iso on them. i'm at least willing to wait for them to be replaced before i would consider lynching them. lynching an inactive slot is usually a bad move.

Projectmatt is definitely better but I could do Theta.

Like his swap onto Theta feels really survivalistic

I am really sick so consider this my “content” for now.
actually i really don't like this post because you're calling my vote on theta a
switch
when i was the (correct me if im wrong) first person to start the wagon on theta, and i've made it clear throughout the day that theta is one of my top scumreads.

this is a hugeeee misrepresentation.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2900 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:42 pm

Post by projectmatt »

i was the first person on the theta wagon and unvoted for about 30 minutes to think about my own reads, and then promptly revoted.

if i hadn't unvoted theta out of my own volition, you wouldn't have called it a swap.

this means that you're either intentionally misrepresenting the situation or you're not reading the game closely, and i find the second one hard to believe.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2902 (isolation #30) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by projectmatt »

the only reason i find it hard to believe is because mathblade has been meticulous about details this game.

he is sick though, so i could theoretically cut him slack.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2906 (isolation #31) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:08 pm

Post by projectmatt »

Ankamius wrote:Plus general inactivity doesn't give me a good feeling that scum are just trying to muddy things up

I think it's a lot more likely that scum are just letting the game flow naturally

That means the game is likely not going in a way that benefits town
i was thinking about this earlier.

it seems clear that it was beneficial for the scum to let the mathblade vs RC thing drag out for as long as possible. even if one of them is mafia, it takes the pressure away from the rest of the team to scumhunt or make actual reads.

who do you want to lynch the most today?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2907 (isolation #32) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:09 pm

Post by projectmatt »

i outlined a little bit of why i think that theta is mafia, but i want to re-evaluate that slot again before i commit to my tunnel.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2909 (isolation #33) » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:16 pm

Post by projectmatt »

that's fair. are there people who you think are definitely town?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2934 (isolation #34) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2926, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2884, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2797, Gamma Emerald wrote:

If he somehow does sure I'll apologize
but if not you have to apologize to the game for making it toxic
deal?
this reads a
lot
like scum posturing to me.
In post 2799, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2767, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 2785, Theta Alpine wrote:let me put it this way
the actions that occur the following night will help clarify what is going on with math and radiant

so we should focus off of that for today until we have more information
Let's wait for radiant to be nightkilled then say that he must have been redirected so math is conftown!
I promise: if you get nightkilled by scum I'll be considering what you're saying no matter what you flip.
this also rubs me the wrong way.
ehhhh

gamma's iso is full of him casting vague suspicion on people and calling out posts for not being good without actually committing to reads. his scumhunting/questioning of people doesn't feel like it has any internal consistency.

i wasn't a huge fan of aronis's iso either. his only real confident read was a townread on hebichan, and it looked like he was pocketing/coasting off of the confidence of his townread at certain points. like this post:
In post 1841, Aronis wrote:I would like to kill somebody on the vecna wagon not named hebichan today
because of all of this, gamma/aronis leans scum.
yaddayadda all I'm seeing is pjm trying to give reasons to scumread me
jesus christ what a
terrible
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2939 (isolation #35) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:43 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2937, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2506, projectmatt wrote:imo, we should do the following today:

2. lynch mathblade

3. if mathblade flips town, the hood will use their ability to kill radiantcowbells. since killing requires all members of the hood to agree, refusing to kill will be tantamount to a scum-claim.

For starters here.

How did you know it requires universal agreement?

Your posts seem too confident when no one is really talking.

Furthermore your Theta push came after I suggested it.

It’s like you want to push Theta to get on my good side. The “switch” (Unvote/vote) is to make it seem like you’re reading and hunting. When in reality your only interest is getting on my good side.
for one, you told us that it requires universal agreement among the hood

for second, my posts seem too confident? how? elaborate.

for third, that's an insanely egotistical reason. i outlined my thought process as to why i thought theta was mafia when i voted them, and it's absurd for you to think that i give a shit about being on your good side.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2940 (isolation #36) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2937, MathBlade wrote: It’s like you want to push Theta to get on my good side. The “switch” (Unvote/vote) is to make it seem like you’re reading and hunting. When in reality your only interest is getting on my good side.
this is an insane theory, especially since i outlined where my thought process was when i unvoted then voted again. you're insane.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2941 (isolation #37) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 am

Post by projectmatt »

gamma and mathblade are presenting some of the stupidest logic ive ever heard and i honestly dont know what to make of it
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2945 (isolation #38) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:03 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2944, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2942, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2938, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2935, Nosferatu wrote:the fact that people actually give matt shit for literally unvoting and then re-voting the same player is hilarious
Welcome to hilarious then.

I have done that shit as scum. So I look out for it.
please tell me why you intentionally as scum unvote and then re-vote literally one post after the other
Because it “looks active”. It makes it seem like I was doing things when I liked the game state.

It introduces the suggestion that I was thinking or waffling when not.
this would maybe make sense if i didnt post multiple times inbetween my unvote and my re-vote outlining what my reads on people were and why i thought theta was still the best option.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2946 (isolation #39) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:04 am

Post by projectmatt »

i think the fact that you assume that i would care about manipulating you or otherwise getting on your good side shows a big ego. i'm more concerned about your reasoning for it, because it's really shoddy and weak.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2948 (isolation #40) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:10 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2947, MathBlade wrote:If @2945 And I have cased people too as scum. I get called “honest” and “no way Math is scum” after I do. That is not relevant to the point.
it's super relevant. you're saying that i unvoted theta and then revoted them to make it look like i was thinking without actually having to do it, right? that logic falls completely flat since i outlined my thought process and my logic. clearly, thought was put into what i was saying. the argument just doesn't. work.
In post 2947, MathBlade wrote: @2946 Again it’s not “ego” it is me admitting my flaws and noting my concern. It’s exactly what Mastina did in Civ Mafia. I am trying to be better.
let's put aside the ego thing. my problem is simply that your logic is bad. i don't know/care how paranoid you are about being manipulated, but if youre town in this circumstance, your paranoia about being manipulated has made you out some questionable and super poorly thought-out logic.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2962 (isolation #41) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2951, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2897, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2885, projectmatt wrote:i dont really read keychain as scum based on my quick iso on them. i'm at least willing to wait for them to be replaced before i would consider lynching them. lynching an inactive slot is usually a bad move.

Projectmatt is definitely better but I could do Theta.

Like his swap onto Theta feels really survivalistic

I am really sick so consider this my “content” for now.
In post 2937, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2506, projectmatt wrote:imo, we should do the following today:

2. lynch mathblade

For starters here.

How did you know it requires universal agreement?

Your posts seem too confident when no one is really talking.

Furthermore your Theta push came after I suggested it.

It’s like you want to push Theta to get on my good side. The “switch” (Unvote/vote) is to make it seem like you’re reading and hunting. When in reality your only interest is getting on my good side.
Already explained that Nos.

The swap switch Unvote or whatever you want to call it is really fucking horrible.
im sorry but this is so fucking stupid
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3157 (isolation #42) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:25 am

Post by projectmatt »

to be perfectly frank, the fact that im even a potential competing wagon when mathblade and gamma have outed the most poorly thought-out and irrational logic is
pathetic.

ill catch up on what i missed yesterday soon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3165 (isolation #43) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:40 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3160, Nosferatu wrote:VOTE: pjm
this was off the wagon i guess
seriously?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3170 (isolation #44) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 2982, Vecna wrote:VOTE: Theta Alpine

I guess.....
i don't understand how your voting thought process at all and it feels slightly inconsistent to me. i don't understand how you went from voting theta to voting oath (because oath knew theta would flip town) to voting me all within a couple of pages. i would really like to hear the thought process behind your play right now.
In post 3064, Vecna wrote:My scum-blob is way too big this game. Too many things gonig on, so many claims, so many weird crap.

This would be paradise for me-scum with so many mechanical holes to hide in. Im kinda indignant at my current situation.
who all is in your scumpool and why? i've seen you out multiple scumpools within posts that were quite close to each other and it feels really vague. i want to hear your definitive read-list if you have one.
In post 3076, Vecna wrote:I also still think theres a solid case to be made for a Theta/Gamma/Titus scumteam. I mean, it'd probably be wrong, but I could make a pretty convincing argument for it that'd make sense.
this is one page later and i don't feel like it fits with your previous reads at all. nothing makes sense.

oath's #3084 is good
In post 3085, Titus wrote:I would lynch Oath over Mathblade. I'll be damned if we say Math has to be lynched because RC faked a guilty. It's garbage, annoying and toxic. Regardless of any flip, the game is just as dead if we lynch against it or for it. Let's talk about something else, so I hopefully can get a vc to go off of.

Scum likely could stall any wagon in the game to stop town cohension.

Vecna fight me if you need to, let's sort each other and get this game going tomorrow.
not a fan of this post at all. maybe i'll articulate why later.
In post 3119, MathBlade wrote:Fuck it.

That just claims it anyway

It started off as me Aronis and Yuurei

We recruited Creature because he was posting so town

*cries inside*

Go find my literal crumbs while I really wanna vote for fuck you.
thank you.
In post 3151, Creature wrote:VOTE: projectmatt
why?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3171 (isolation #45) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:50 am

Post by projectmatt »

mathblade i would still like you to explain why you think im mafia. i would like to know if you stand by the pathetically bad logic that you outed.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3172 (isolation #46) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:51 am

Post by projectmatt »

admittedly people using awful logic is one of my pet-peeves, but im just completely baffled that there's so many people who saw that blatantly false logic used by both gamma and math and have neglected and ignored it completely.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3175 (isolation #47) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:53 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3173, Nosferatu wrote: i think the reasons that math and co. have for voting you are trash, ive said that but it feels like today is stalling, i wanna see something new now that we've got all of these replacements.

so, to summarize

you recognize that the logic behind voting me is objectively trash

you realize that the people primarily voting me are using that trash logic to justify their vote.

and yet, you're joining them because you want to "see something new".

what do you expect to happen?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3177 (isolation #48) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 am

Post by projectmatt »

that's great. that's a great reason. i love mafia.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (isolation #49) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:06 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3179, MathBlade wrote: The reason you call my reasons trash is because they are about you. You actually don’t interact with them.
i spent an overly long amount of time explaining why your logic was utter garbage and you didn't even respond to it.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3186 (isolation #50) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by projectmatt »

nosferatu i know this is crazy & wild, but maybe it's smarter to vote people who scumtell/the people pushing garbage logic that you roll your eyes at, instead of implicitly supporting what they're doing by voting with them

you want something to happen, right?
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3193 (isolation #51) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3187, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3184, hebichan wrote:Hey MB.

What's your role name?
VT (LynchMob)

@pmatt quote it please
okay.
In post 2945, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2944, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2942, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 2938, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2935, Nosferatu wrote:the fact that people actually give matt shit for literally unvoting and then re-voting the same player is hilarious
Welcome to hilarious then.

I have done that shit as scum. So I look out for it.
please tell me why you intentionally as scum unvote and then re-vote literally one post after the other
Because it “looks active”. It makes it seem like I was doing things when I liked the game state.

It introduces the suggestion that I was thinking or waffling when not.
this would maybe make sense if i didnt post multiple times inbetween my unvote and my re-vote outlining what my reads on people were and why i thought theta was still the best option.
In post 2948, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2947, MathBlade wrote:If @2945 And I have cased people too as scum. I get called “honest” and “no way Math is scum” after I do. That is not relevant to the point.
it's super relevant. you're saying that i unvoted theta and then revoted them to make it look like i was thinking without actually having to do it, right? that logic falls completely flat since i outlined my thought process and my logic. clearly, thought was put into what i was saying. the argument just doesn't. work.
In post 2947, MathBlade wrote: @2946 Again it’s not “ego” it is me admitting my flaws and noting my concern. It’s exactly what Mastina did in Civ Mafia. I am trying to be better.
let's put aside the ego thing. my problem is simply that your logic is bad. i don't know/care how paranoid you are about being manipulated, but if youre town in this circumstance, your paranoia about being manipulated has made you out some questionable and super poorly thought-out logic.
your response was to call me scum again and refer to my points as being irrevleant.

are you capable of enough self-reflection to recognize that your logic is horribly, horribly bad?

i guess we'll see
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3197 (isolation #52) » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3196, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 3186, projectmatt wrote:nosferatu i know this is crazy & wild, but maybe it's smarter to vote people who scumtell/the people pushing garbage logic that you roll your eyes at, instead of implicitly supporting what they're doing by voting with them
i dont want math to die yet though
that's a deflection. math isnt the only one voting me or using bad logic.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3279 (isolation #53) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:28 am

Post by projectmatt »

nobody voting me can explain why im mafia or otherwise justify their vote. gamma's reasoning on me was pathetic and so was mathblade's, and they both ignored my responses to them.

meanwhile, theta just voted me out of nowhere despite never mentioning me as a scumread or otherwise indicating that i was a good vote.

today is a test to see if the town has an IQ in the double digits, i guess
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3281 (isolation #54) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:29 am

Post by projectmatt »

i find it super irritating that gamma is posting and ignoring my call-out to his completely trash logic and vote, but that's life i guess
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3283 (isolation #55) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:34 am

Post by projectmatt »

it must be wild to be town and forget why you're trying to lynch someone a couple of days before the fucking deadline.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3284 (isolation #56) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:35 am

Post by projectmatt »

im in a sour mood but jesus christ dude
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3285 (isolation #57) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:38 am

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3214, Nosferatu wrote: we dont have to play the pronoun game, who do you think i should be voting
theta. i would rather lynch gamma (or possibly vecna? not sure), but there's not really much time for a counter-wagon and theta's badly timed OMGUS makes me feel more comfortable with my vote.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3286 (isolation #58) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:40 am

Post by projectmatt »

ill be at work for most of tonight but honestly fuck you guys if you seriously lynch me in spite of this being such a blatantly illogical and scum-motivated wagon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3288 (isolation #59) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:41 am

Post by projectmatt »

expert dodge by incredible mafia player gamma emerald
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3322 (isolation #60) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3307, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2032, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2028, Ankamius wrote:there's a bunch of setup spec stuff in day one

I noticed there was a bunch of wagons too, so that's probably a really important part of the game to read, which is exactly why I didn't read 2/3 of it
neat. i don't really care about setup spec so that means i can skip a lot of it guilt-free.
In post 2036, projectmatt wrote:
In post 2033, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2026, projectmatt wrote:hi everyone. i'll give this game a read-through soon, but i'll probably end up skimming some of it because life is too short.

I started the game in a hood that can recruit or kill each night. Last night we recruited. I have been leaving hints of who is recruited each night.
I counterclaimed Luna who was a neighborizer that I thought was claiming masonizer.
Hebichan is a claimed PT cop who says HeWhoSwins is innocent.

I am kinda busy getting ready for some RL shit so if I missed something someone add it.
thanks. have you revealed the people who are in your hood yet? did you start off alone?
Doesn’t care about setup spec yet four posts later does setupquestions.
trying to find out the specific information you already outed is not the same thing as setup speculation.

once again, you've completely failed to out any competent points.
In post 3313, Ankamius wrote:The fact that Math is making sense is scaring me
literally
HOW!!??!!??!?!?!?!?!
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3323 (isolation #61) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:30 pm

Post by projectmatt »

you guys are fucking hopeless.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3324 (isolation #62) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by projectmatt »

it's obvious that

a. the mafia is leading this game and there's no resistance to them because they are assertive players

2. the players that actually are town aren't intelligent enough or good at this game to understand how mafia or logic works

3. this game is going to be a 100% town loss because of stuff like lynching me in spite of the circumstances of the day, the wagon, and the reasoning behind it all being shoddy at best.

i'm a human villager. once again, fuck you guys.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3325 (isolation #63) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by projectmatt »

highlights of this game include:

1. mathblade scumreading me for unvoting someone and re-voting them 45 minutes later after outlining my reasoning as to why. he referred to it as a "switch".

2. mathblade never responding to me saying how dumb his reasoning because he was certain i was mafia.

3. gamma scumreading me for the same reason as mathblade, even though the reason still doesn't make sense.

4. gamma admitting that he didn't know why he was voting me 11 hours before the deadline, but then calling me scum anyway.

5. theta suddenly deciding i was mafia a day before the deadline in spite of never once referring to me or otherwise calling me mafia.

6. vecna voting me in spite of never mentioning me and then refusing to explain why for the entire time.

7. people inexplicably agreeing that the logic about me makes sense, in spite of them being so transparently false.

boy, we sure do have a great game full of competent players. this is a totally normal wagon.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3326 (isolation #64) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:39 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3324, projectmatt wrote:it's obvious that

a. the mafia is leading this game and there's no resistance to them because they are assertive players

2. the players that actually are town aren't intelligent enough or good at this game to understand how mafia or logic works

3. this game is going to be a 100% town loss because of stuff like lynching me in spite of the circumstances of the day, the wagon, and the reasoning behind it all being shoddy at best.

i'm a human villager. once again, fuck you guys.
requoted for this page
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3327 (isolation #65) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:40 pm

Post by projectmatt »

when the mafia wins this game, it won't be because they're good players. it will be because the town is
so fucking bad
at logic.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3333 (isolation #66) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by projectmatt »

In post 3329, hebichan wrote:"There is no resistance to them"

pretty sure if that were the case, this day would have been over like, weeks ago.

The fact is that town has been resisting scum, and its damn hard to say whats where because no one has been willing to stay on a lynch.

Matt, Math and Vecna all read similarly to eachother for me and I have no good way to assess that.
on the contrary, i think the scum successfully stalled today out by forcing the narrative to be between math and RC. that stifled the natural progression of getting reads and it led to people being unsure of their own, allowing for the mafia to lead a transparently bad lynch on me and succeeding.
In post 3330, Titus wrote:@PM, Why are you voting Theta if Math is your problem? Also, why are you complaining about logic and not voting the wagon on the guy that claimed not town?
1. it's been made exceedingly clear that math won't be lynched today. there's no time for a counter-wagon on my other scumreads. apart from that, i think theta has a pretty good chance of flipping mafia.

2. i don't want to.
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3339 (isolation #67) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:42 pm

Post by projectmatt »

if an oath lynch could happen, i would vote them for self-preservation. they just aren't my first choice in any way.

it's quite possible to pull off a lynch on someone else but the town has been complacent about being led into a blatant town mislynch so far, so i'm not optimistic
projectmatt
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
projectmatt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3341 (isolation #68) » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Post by projectmatt »

damn, i thought we had at least two hours.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”