Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #100 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 34, Marquis wrote:DGB, kuribo, and UT will complain about those damned kids these days and their spam postigns
At least two of those people were in a hydra that shitposted so incessantly that the town wished for their death whether they were town or scum.

Two of those players have an alt which posts entirely via erotic fiction.

I don't think you're getting a complaint from any of us about spam posting
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #160 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:21 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 147, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 140, xyzzy wrote:
In post 138, DrippingGoofball wrote:SPiffeh is town.
what makes you feel that way?
What scum solicits attention to their posting?
Benmage in the first fortnight.

I still maintain that openly trolling just because he intended to flee was what cost us the win in that one.

That and my god-awful post-lynch post.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #185 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:23 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 161, xyzzy wrote:p-edit: I haven't bothered reading any of the other fortnight games, but that's a clever strategy, and I don't think scum would bring that up.
Nah, it was dumb as all hell and I told him that repeatedly in the scum PT as well as in the post game. He figured if he trolled endlessly he could flee and leave zero associative tells for people to link me to. The idea being that I looked town enough to carry the team at the end.

The problem ended up being that he looked so incredibly scummy that even if we had wanted to flee me, we didn't have the option. He basically ensured from his first post that he'd be the one to flee. And so, when I fucked up hard after his flee, we were screwed.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #186 (isolation #3) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 162, Shoshin wrote:Hey kuribo, any thoughts on this game?
I want to unpack Cakez' response to the wagon on him, but it'll require more in-depth look than I have right this second.

Still too early for me to judge DGB. She wasn't in the other two fortnights I played, so I'm kinda excited for the chance to figure her out under this setup.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #193 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 184, Shoshin wrote:I also think scum are more likely to be among the less active players in a game like this, since they'd be trying to avoid attracting the suspicion of even a single townie.

Do you not feel that lurking would in and of itself draw attention? Because I feel it would. Especially with a player list like this, I don't see inactive players not getting called out.

I'd argue that scum would avoid attracting suspicion by playing to their known town metas.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #197 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:53 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 194, Shoshin wrote:
In post 193, kuribo wrote:Do you not feel that lurking would in and of itself draw attention? Because I feel it would. Especially with a player list like this, I don't see inactive players not getting called out.
Depends on the playerlist. My sense is that inactive scum would thrive here, given the way that most players in this game seem to be scumhunting...

In that case I'd say you're naive as to the nature of this player list.

At least the ones I've had experience with. The game is less than 24 hours old.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #203 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:10 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 201, DrippingGoofball wrote:Gorkington's case is outstanding bus'ing. Both are scum.

God you're getting better and better at drawing town reads from me

Next time see if you can get me to read you town during the sign-ups

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #208 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:25 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 198, Shoshin wrote:To be fair, I haven't had experience with anyone here except Errant & SirCakez. Just speaking from what I've seen so far, so what I'm saying is obviously subject to change.
Then allow me to introduce myself:

I am kuribo the Unlynched, the Angry Serene, Wielder of the Murdercock, Scourge of Towns, Mastina's Bane, Keeper of the Cockdragon, the devil here to do the devil's business, a certified G and bonafide stud, the Harbinger of War, your favorite mafia player's favorite mafia player, He Who Walks Among the Nooses, The Commonwealth's Ruin, the Ender of Scum, the Vodka in Your Orange Juice, the Bringer of Death, the Harvester of Sorrow, and I'm REALLY good at Twitter.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #213 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 206, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 203, kuribo wrote:
In post 201, DrippingGoofball wrote:Gorkington's case is outstanding bus'ing. Both are scum.

God you're getting better and better at drawing town reads from me

Next time see if you can get me to read you town during the sign-ups
Actually in a game where scum immediately lose the game if their partner gets lynched I’d argue that’s probably the worst observation she’s made so far.

What do you town read about this (and please elaborate beyond “I know DGB”)

Whether I agree with her on it is immaterial, (and once I read Cakez, I may not) the point is I believe SHE believes it. Her activity level in early game is already what I expect from town-DGB, the He game is young but we're also on a shorter timeframe in Fortnight. Further, she's already willing to put her neck out with a strongish read. She's not sitting at the sidelines; she isn't internally moping that she's scum. Town DGB is far more aggressive than scum-DGB.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #214 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 210, Firebringer wrote:I think kuribo is scum with spiffey and ramcius

Discuss.

I think you should learn how to count, hoss :lol:

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #256 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:30 am

Post by kuribo »

WRT Cakez, I feel like the pace of the game threw him off. I think he expected the usual large-game bullshitting around for twenty pages, and was taken aback when he felt like people were calling him out for not scumhunting.

His anger toward bowing out feels genuine to me. I do somewhat lean toward it being town-indicative because frankly, it's not the presumptive HOW DARE YOU of caught scum, but more the "oh fuck this" exasperation.

I just don't think Cakez is scum in this exchange.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #257 (isolation #11) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 241, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 239, xyzzy wrote:
In post 236, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 235, xyzzy wrote:BrightEyedFish, you haven't actually given any explanation of why you find DGB scummy. could you provide that? right now it feels
super
arbitrary.
Well it is arbitrary. What's wrong with that?
we're on page 10, and you could have some real reads for which you offer specific evidence.
Don't hate on my vote. Join me in getting information out of Goofball.

Please please please tell me you're voting DGB to try and "apply pressure" on her.

I would literally sell my soul to be able to watch how that plays out.

Just let me know so I can grab some popcorn first.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #258 (isolation #12) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 am

Post by kuribo »

Hey by the way, when you openly state you're only voting someone to get information out of them, you immediately remove any and all leverage you have over them.

They have to know you're willing to lynch them and not let up. Wagoning someone for info, and telling them that, is so beyond useless that it may as well be a third nipple.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #264 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:17 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 260, Gorkington wrote:
In post 256, kuribo wrote:it's not the presumptive HOW DARE YOU of caught scum, but more the "oh fuck this" exasperation.
can i get more words on this?
i feel like the exact opposite would be more likely in the case of cake
where a really convincingly angry reaction would make sense from townhim being pushed in a way he sees as unfair,
rather than a "this is bs these reasons for scumreading me are the wrong reasons people should be scumreading me this is all so unfair" reaction which just feels like scum squirming to me?
Okay, granted I don't know Cakez as well as I know some other players, and I might even be rusty considering I haven't finished a game on this site in almost eighteen months. But my playstyle is very emotional, and more than that its reading the emotional responses of the other players. I do feel like walking away to calm things down isnt necessarily beneficial to scum in this setup. It's just his tone, I guess, more than anything. I feel like he was starting to take the push personally, and rather than defending himself decided he needed a breather.

Can that come from scum? Sure. God knows we've seen it before. My gut feeling says it's not, though.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #266 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:19 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 224, DrippingGoofball wrote:***rethinking***

Hey come back I only signed up for this to make it up to you for ragequitting Destiny Mafia III :(

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #280 (isolation #15) » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:27 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 275, Spiffeh wrote:Actually I have a super secret scum read on someone but I don't think a Lynch on this person is realistic at this time (or maybe ever!) so that's fun I guess

That's the great thing about this setup; if they don't flee you just accuse them and laugh at them after you ruin their game

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #296 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:57 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 292, Ramcius wrote:i have plan for round 2 - we all roll 1d14 and accuse whoever we get, so someone very likely will hit scum

I'm almost 100% sure that provable randomness is a site-bannable offense, and frankly getting banned three times in the past year is already plenty for me.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #380 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 361, Errantparabola wrote:im telling kuribo that if he manages to derail cakez's wagon onto town he should bribe me so we can share the win

Nah you don't have to worry about me derailing anything

I'm working way too many more hours than I anticipated this week and we have an an immediate termination policy for cellphone use, so I can't play at work like I did back in the day

so I'm just gonna let someone from the replacement list play while the game is still early

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #904 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by kuribo »

In post 890, zoraster wrote:xRECKONERx ( 3 ) Untrod Tripod Spiffeh Errantparabola (E - 6 )3 ) Untrod Tripod Spiffeh Errantparabola (E - 6 )

Dummies.

I'm especially disappointed in 1/3 of the three pronged trouser god.

Sorry I had to replace out. I took a look at my schedule for the next two weeks and realized I'd never get around to paying attention to the game.

PS- Still 100% at reading DGB correctly after all these years

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”