Trail Blazer

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:01 am

Post by Firebringer »

Game just started nobody is getting lynched yet
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:04 am

Post by SirCakez »

Although I will note at this point I've given up on arguing with gork so I'm not even sure there's a point
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:05 am

Post by SirCakez »

It would be fun to just give up and eat a lynch and watch him squirm in phase 2 haha
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:06 am

Post by Gorkington »

i would find it really difficult to argue that this was your towngame relative to direct references to TAZ mafia too, dont blame you for giving up.
(:
trash
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:09 am

Post by Gorkington »

okay nah ill try to tone down the smugboy attitude because i would probably hate being in your position right now as scum and in the off chance im wrong then yeah im being dumb.
either way, im being lame.

ill pick at your response if you decide to make it.
but consider me pretty incredulous that youre acting this indignant to pressure given the way youve been playing so far if you are town.
trash
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Ramcius »

Cakez, the more you post, the less i like your posting

Are you so sensitive every time, when someone wrongfully accuses you at the start of the game? Gork is only one, so why you don't try to convince rest of the playerlist?
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:15 am

Post by SirCakez »

Yes I am fucking peeved ram I'm getting tunneled hard by a player who I consider really good and anyone who has actually played with me before would know how much I hate being wrongly targeted as town. There was a game with pie (can't remember the name, one of FG's dance games) where I went off on them really hard because they pretty much got me dead single-handedly. I actually apologized at the end because of how pissed I was. So this is pretty tame for my "sensitivity" lol.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 am

Post by SirCakez »

And theres nobody else to engage with anyways
The chain of naked votes on me around page 6-7 didn't help
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 am

Post by SirCakez »

Anyways dropping this topic
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:16 am

Post by Shoshin »

Meh, I don't like Gork's quasi-delusional level of confidence in pushing SirCakez. SirCakez hasn't done anything scummy, and I'm pretty sure the only reason anyone suspects him is because he's posted a lot more than other "casual" players.

I think Gork is completely wrong that there's any similarity in tone between the scum SirCakez game and this game. SirCakez definitely did more in this game to push/build an early wagon (on Fire) than he did in that scum game, for example. There's more pushiness, even when SirCakez is posting casually.

I also think Gork comparison to TAZ mafia doesn't take into account the context of that game (it's clear he just read SirCakez posts in isolation). TAZ mafia ramped up a lot quicker than this game, with a lot more serious analysis from the start coming from me, skitter, and RadiantCowbells, so in context SirCakez definitely felt like a casual player in the first few pages of the game who let other players take the lead.

I think SirCakez is towny for voting Fire, trying to build an early wagon on Fire, reading Spiffeh as town, voting Cogito (for the fairly obvious reason that Cogito voted Spiffeh), and calling out Gork's weird double standard.

I'm not 100% on SirCakez as town, but I'm already seeing conf bias starting to screw with reads. Like, Ramcius calling SirCakez "iffy" for calling out a double standard is just bad.

I'd like to see more votes on Dripping. I don't see her read on Spiffeh coming from town (while SirCakez has a good reason to townread Spiff, I don't see why anyone else would be townreading Spiffeh yet). I also think scum are more likely to be among the less active players in a game like this, since they'd be trying to avoid attracting the suspicion of even a single townie.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:23 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 161, xyzzy wrote:p-edit: I haven't bothered reading any of the other fortnight games, but that's a clever strategy, and I don't think scum would bring that up.
Nah, it was dumb as all hell and I told him that repeatedly in the scum PT as well as in the post game. He figured if he trolled endlessly he could flee and leave zero associative tells for people to link me to. The idea being that I looked town enough to carry the team at the end.

The problem ended up being that he looked so incredibly scummy that even if we had wanted to flee me, we didn't have the option. He basically ensured from his first post that he'd be the one to flee. And so, when I fucked up hard after his flee, we were screwed.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:27 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 162, Shoshin wrote:Hey kuribo, any thoughts on this game?
I want to unpack Cakez' response to the wagon on him, but it'll require more in-depth look than I have right this second.

Still too early for me to judge DGB. She wasn't in the other two fortnights I played, so I'm kinda excited for the chance to figure her out under this setup.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Gorkington »

shoshin can you link me your most recent scumgame?
cant find one and dont have time to go hunting for it atm.
trash
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Shoshin »

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

What concerns you about my play?
Ramcius
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Ramcius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:35 am

Post by Ramcius »

In post 184, Shoshin wrote:Meh, I don't like Gork's quasi-delusional level of confidence in pushing SirCakez. SirCakez hasn't done anything scummy, and I'm pretty sure the only reason anyone suspects him is because he's posted a lot more than other "casual" players.

I think Gork is completely wrong that there's any similarity in tone between the scum SirCakez game and this game. SirCakez definitely did more in this game to push/build an early wagon (on Fire) than he did in that scum game, for example. There's more pushiness, even when SirCakez is posting casually.

I also think Gork comparison to TAZ mafia doesn't take into account the context of that game (it's clear he just read SirCakez posts in isolation). TAZ mafia ramped up a lot quicker than this game, with a lot more serious analysis from the start coming from me, skitter, and RadiantCowbells, so in context SirCakez definitely felt like a casual player in the first few pages of the game who let other players take the lead.

I think SirCakez is towny for voting Fire, trying to build an early wagon on Fire, reading Spiffeh as town, voting Cogito (for the fairly obvious reason that Cogito voted Spiffeh), and calling out Gork's weird double standard.

I'm not 100% on SirCakez as town, but I'm already seeing conf bias starting to screw with reads. Like, Ramcius calling SirCakez "iffy" for calling out a double standard is just bad.

I'd like to see more votes on Dripping. I don't see her read on Spiffeh coming from town (while SirCakez has a good reason to townread Spiff, I don't see why anyone else would be townreading Spiffeh yet). I also think scum are more likely to be among the less active players in a game like this, since they'd be trying to avoid attracting the suspicion of even a single townie.
It's funny how you try shut down all this Cakez inquisition, then you drop that you aren't 100% on town Cakez, wouldn't you want to get clear read on him and be done with his slot?
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Gorkington »

In post 189, Shoshin wrote:What concerns you about my play?
moreso suspect you of being stubborn town
and just want to confirm that hard defending partners isnt something you would feel like doing as scum in general.
trash
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:39 am

Post by SirCakez »

We're pretty slow at work so I can follow along but I'm not gonna be posting anything for the near future b/c I think me stepping back will be beneficial
So if you see me online but not responding that's why
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:42 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 184, Shoshin wrote:I also think scum are more likely to be among the less active players in a game like this, since they'd be trying to avoid attracting the suspicion of even a single townie.

Do you not feel that lurking would in and of itself draw attention? Because I feel it would. Especially with a player list like this, I don't see inactive players not getting called out.

I'd argue that scum would avoid attracting suspicion by playing to their known town metas.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:47 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 193, kuribo wrote:Do you not feel that lurking would in and of itself draw attention? Because I feel it would. Especially with a player list like this, I don't see inactive players not getting called out.
Depends on the playerlist. My sense is that inactive scum would thrive here, given the way that most players in this game seem to be scumhunting...
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:50 am

Post by Gorkington »

if the way im playing is bothering you so much i can leave?
trash
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:53 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 191, Gorkington wrote:
In post 189, Shoshin wrote:What concerns you about my play?
moreso suspect you of being stubborn town
and just want to confirm that hard defending partners isnt something you would feel like doing as scum in general.
I'm stubborn town? lol that's my impression of you, friend. Especially those strong words of confidence... I might be defending SirCakez but that doesn't mean I'm stubborn or closed to changing my mind. I tend to revise my reads quite often.

@Gork, I like how you're playing overall, don't leave - just didn't like your level of confidence and the cover I felt it could give to scum.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:53 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 194, Shoshin wrote:
In post 193, kuribo wrote:Do you not feel that lurking would in and of itself draw attention? Because I feel it would. Especially with a player list like this, I don't see inactive players not getting called out.
Depends on the playerlist. My sense is that inactive scum would thrive here, given the way that most players in this game seem to be scumhunting...

In that case I'd say you're naive as to the nature of this player list.

At least the ones I've had experience with. The game is less than 24 hours old.

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:55 am

Post by Shoshin »

To be fair, I haven't had experience with anyone here except Errant & SirCakez. Just speaking from what I've seen so far, so what I'm saying is obviously subject to change.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:56 am

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 195, Gorkington wrote:if the way im playing is bothering you so much i can leave?
Can you not I hate when you do that

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”