Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (isolation #0) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Fashionably late of course, friends. I do say, this shall be a splendid affair. Absolutely spiffing!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:52 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 530, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 529, Gentleman 8 wrote:
Fashionably late of course, friends. I do say, this shall be a splendid affair. Absolutely spiffing!
Hi Michael
Good day, Deputy Grimes! I hadn't expected to see you here, but it is pleasant to see you again. My, my, you do clean up nicely. Tell me, is that a Python in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Good gracious, I only just now heard how that must sound! I of course was referring to the good deputy's revolver of choice, the Colt Python.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Any room I share with you is the Good Place to me, mademoiselle 4.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Oh my, how scandalous! I do indeed enjoy a bit of ribald humour now and again, but surely you shan't let it influence serious decision-making, Lady 5?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Hello again, good citizens!

The volume of communication here is simply staggering, and I struggle to keep up, particularly while wearing this excellent and most efficacious mask, which, while handsome, leaves much to be desired for eye-holes.

I am entirely flexible with regard to a partner. I find most of the judgments discussed here premature. Either I am paired with a good and talented dancer, in which case I shall be delighted to waltz the night away, or I shall be paired with one who steps on toes and uses the wrong fork at dinner. In the latter case, I will be delighted to do the company a service and leave the dance with her. To wit, based on Gentleman 4's list,

Lady Lucky #7, will you dance with me?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 1513, Gentleman 4 wrote:That is to say I would like to hear much more from Gentleman 8, and I, too, will be severely disappointed if this is all he has to offer today.
What, exactly, would you like me to offer? I'm not reading 60 pages of nonsense pregame.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2421 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Well then, this is disheartening.

I really do find it impossible to keep up with the pace you good people are producing.

At this stage, I will happily attend the dance with anyone who would also like not to be left by the wayside. I see Lady Luck has declined my invitation, so let us try again -

Lady 5, would you care to dance?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2474 (isolation #8) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2423, Gentleman 6 wrote:Why lady 5?
Why not?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2528 (isolation #9) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2475, Lady 3 wrote:Gent 8 you've been keeping up with the game?
No, not really. I'm rather struggling to care about you loud-mouthed people at all. Your desire to begin dancing before the dance starts frankly baffles me. I don't consider the pre-dance festivities to be of much worth whatsoever. If I am paired with a bad dancer, I will leave. If not, I shall stay. In this sense, it matters not a whit with whom I am paired, and the desire of you youngsters to try and solve this in the pre-dance smacks of rank hubris.

Good day.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2532 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2530, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 2528, Gentleman 8 wrote:
In post 2475, Lady 3 wrote:Gent 8 you've been keeping up with the game?
No, not really. I'm rather struggling to care about you loud-mouthed people at all. Your desire to begin dancing before the dance starts frankly baffles me. I don't consider the pre-dance festivities to be of much worth whatsoever. If I am paired with a bad dancer, I will leave. If not, I shall stay. In this sense, it matters not a whit with whom I am paired, and the desire of you youngsters to try and solve this in the pre-dance smacks of rank hubris.

Good day.
Why did you pick L5 over 2 or 1?
I like the number five, as I liked the number seven.

In seriousness, I have not, as has been noted, been following. I selected a number more or less entirely at random from the list of eligible bachelorettes.

Again, I feel the choice of partner is entirely superfluous, and that it is hubris to attempt to solve much of anything before partners are decided.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2533 (isolation #11) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

I take it that my apparent partner, Lady 5, is much suspected by the lot of you. Excellent. If my own assessment of her dancing ability is in accord, I shall leave with her and thus relieve you all of her presence, and relieve myself of your dubious company.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2538 (isolation #12) » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 2534, Gentleman 5 wrote:Ok, do you have anything of note to say at this time?

Reads?
Who G1 should take?
Who you plan on focusing on tomorrow?
It is remarkable how dense you insist on being. Please note that I did not allege this idiocy to be an innate character or intellectual defect, but rather a choice. For all that you yammer at me about reading the reams of drivel you spew out, you have not taken the time to digest the simple premise I have now repeatedly effused:

I am not reading the last 100 pages. It is pre-game nonsense of the lowest caliber. The dance has not properly started yet, and as such I don't care to engage in empty posturing.

Due to this, I have no opinions as yet, save for an increasing concern about your hearing. I shall be retiring entirely until the dance begins, as which point you will find me active and engaged with those whose attention spans are measured in increments larger than seconds.
In post 2535, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 2533, Gentleman 8 wrote:
I take it that my apparent partner, Lady 5, is much suspected by the lot of you. Excellent. If my own assessment of her dancing ability is in accord, I shall leave with her and thus relieve you all of her presence, and relieve myself of your dubious company.
Are you aware that if you are town, you are playing recklessly and against town wincon?
I strongly disagree. Good day, sir.
In post 2536, Lady 1 wrote:
In post 2533, Gentleman 8 wrote:
You’re also highly suspected.
Based on what, precisely? Refusing to engage in this pointless part of the ritual? I decline to be ostracized because you dislike my methodology. Good day to you as well, madam.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3934 (isolation #13) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:42 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Some loser named FakeGod wanted me to party hardy. What's the news of the world?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3936 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:47 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Glanced through the dance PT, L5 has been talking to herself a lot. Out of context it looks pretty solvey but seems to assume I'm town. I'm not tracking down timestamps to figure out when she was having specific thoughts about things, but does the assumption I'm town make sense?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3937 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Gentleman 2 - Lady 9
Gentleman 7 - Lady 7
Gentleman 3 - Lady 6
Gentleman 8 - Lady 5
Gentleman 1 - Lady 2

So OP gives me these pairs to work with. Who is obvtown?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3941 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

That's kinda spicy, actually. Why didn't the IC pair die?

What's the take on G3?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3946 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3943, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 3929, Lady 2 wrote:L5, please do not leave dance, especially not before G8's replacement takes over the slot and says something. I'm really not comfortable with the way your pair is being pushed right now as the lynch that needs to happen first and I DO NOT want your pair to be the first pair out a) without you and G8 having time to give input that might make you readable and b) without enough people having to commit a vote to actually lynch your pair.
I'm a little confused, what is the problem with lady 5/gent 8 going first, if your pair goes next? And why does the order matter?

By poe, it's pretty likely that Gent 8 is scum, him replacing in and starting to play the game doesn't really show that, and it's hard looking at what he's saying right now without thinking that he could have been coached or whatnot extensively before posting this stuff. Basically what I'm saying is, though fascinating, I think we still need to lynch them this game.

As a reminder, we do have a deadline, and I believe we lose when that hits 0
How cute. I haven't been accused of being coached in literally years.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3947 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3944, Lady 2 wrote:This includes G7 suggesting that G1/L2 is more likely T-S and G8/L5 T-T and also let's lynch L5/G8 first.
Link, please?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3950 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Wow, those are both incredibly bad posts.

G3 talk to me about the why for 3880 when you get a chance. G7 towncase G3.

Please and thank you!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3979 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:28 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Sorry was unexpectedly la yesterday. I’ll content in a bit.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3982 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:05 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3952, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 3950, Gentleman 8 wrote:G3 talk to me about the why for 3880 when you get a chance.
What specifically about it?
You made a sweeping statement about every other pairing that virtually boils down to "I want to be the last one alive" with very little to support any of it.

Notably, your stances are:

G8/L5 is scummy because many reasons.
G2/L9 should be dead already.
G1/L2 is scummy.
G7/L7 should be the other F4.

Combine that with the awkward defense of you, from G7, and I want to know why you think things 1-3.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3985 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Aight, Gentlamans first:

1: Seems to be more concerned with trying to find scum than trying to look town, which is a good thing. Not sure how I feel about the emphasis on traditional scumhunting over townblocking, but of the 5-ish recent posts I get townpings from 3842, 3961 and 3963.

2: IC

3: Seems very survivalistic and reason light. Probably the scummiest recent posting. The idea that he wouldn't understand what I wanted him to explain about the post that is "I want to lynch everyone but me for *reasons*" is also pretty :igmeou:

7: Defense of G3 is pretty awkward, or at least is painted as pretty awkward by L2, L7, G3. I should probably look into context around 3896. 3965 and the subsequent complete disagreement from G3 is interesting. The fact that he completely agrees with 3's mission statement in 3968 is
very
interesting.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3986 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:17 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Could no one leave for the next 12 hours while I get my feets underneath me? Please and thank you!
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3990 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:41 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Ladies:

L2: Major townvibes. Particularly 3966. If I pick an endgame pair right now, it's this one.

L5: Erratic posting in the PT aside, I think G1 summed up my worries here well in 3842. Basically, the PT reads almost exactly like the PT I had with scum in a previous dance game and I can't really say much more without outing myself, which I think is not kosher, even if it can't be proven? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't care if people know who I am.)

L6: Is a player in this game? Maybe?

L7: Townvibes, again. I don't feel any pocketing attempts towards me, and I left a giant hole open for someone to try to push me towards leaving which she addressed but then dropped.

L9: I feel like in a gamestate where everyone seems confused as fuck, L9 seems to be the one who knows the most. Not sure if that's an AI thing for her, but it is definitely eyebrow raising. I'd like a readslist from her, tbh, along with reasoning behind her PoE. Honestly not sure why she's catching flak for scumreading me if I'm a lurker slot and she does have reasoning for the PoE though.

Mathematically, I want to shoot for a doublescum rn if at all possible. L9 should be tabled until F4 or a significantly less confused gamestate, because that pair CAN'T be doublescum.

VOTE: G3

I'd probably also go in on a G7 lynch, but I feel like L7 is a better bet to keep around longer.

If someone could explain to me why the thread at large seems to thing G1/L5/L9 are all flavors of scummy I'd be appreciative.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3991 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:43 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3989, Gentleman 3 wrote:I mean I would think you would have realized that that post was a culmination of the feelings of a lot of people over the course of the game. I wouldn't just pull something out of my ass and present it like that.
3 days, 160 pages, multiple lynches to get to. You know what's happened, link me to important posts.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3992 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:45 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Specifically, G3, examples of:

L5 unsavory interactions. G1 being scummy. G6/L8 argument that you should endgame.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3994 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:55 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Our PT boils down to 3 posts that look solvey, 1 post complaining about how /my slot/ isn't here to help. There actually is a bit of "I wish you were here so I could read you!" and some "If you're mafia I'll figure you out because I am teh best!" (I said there wasn't to see who jumped on that, and those are obviously not direct quotes but the gist I got).

In the situation I was referring to, I lurked through most of the game and my partner was constantly complaining that I needed to be more active ITT so people would stop scumreading me.

Previous me has exactly 2 posts in the PT, both of which are role-play-y posts about how he's not caught up and he'll fix that. It's honestly kinda sad, because the roleplay aspect of his posts is kinda fun and I'd like to see more of it.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4004 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:22 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 3995, Lady 2 wrote:Hm. Did she seem annoyed that people were scumreading your slot or just general "you aren't around" complaining?
Both. There was a fair share of "You gonna get me lynched!" and a fair share of "I can't win without a partner to help convince people!"

New lady 5 has come to pretty much the same headspace I'm at though, afaict. We haven't talked much there, but they seem to agree wrt G3/G7 interactions.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4010 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

What's your read on L2?

Why are you tr-ing L6?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4011 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 4003, Gentleman 3 wrote:At this point there's no reason not to pick a plan and hope for the best. We don't get any more useful information between now and the end of the game.
Also, wdym with this?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4018 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 4013, Gentleman 3 wrote:At this point scum have probably decided who they think is most likely to endgame and they won't make an effort to save their other members, meaning we can't draw any conclusions from who does or doesn't want to lynch whom.
But there's no information to be gleaned based on who WAS defending which pairs if we flip scum?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4030 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:05 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

@L7:
In post 3990, Gentleman 8 wrote:L2: Major townvibes. Particularly 3966. If I pick an endgame pair right now, it's this one.

Thoughts?
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4203 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:52 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

What shitty reasoning?

You/G7 were acting weird while G7 was pushing you for endgame. G7 was scum. If anything, my push has been vindicated.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4216 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 4206, Lady 2 wrote:Talk to me, people. I want to hear what everyone thinks is the correct order to off the three remaining pairs.
I need to think about what G3 being town means, tbh.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4217 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

In post 4210, Lady 9 wrote:Who does Lady 5 think the scum is right now?
She hasn't been around since the flip, but her last proposed team was you/G7/G3.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4218 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

Potential scum:

L2/L5/L9/G1

If there's a S/S pairing, it's L2/G1. I don't see that as possible, since L2 seems town AF. So I need to figure out who the town player in L5/L9/G1 is.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4634 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 8 »

L9 wanted to be bussed.

There wasn't a designated deepwolf between my slot and G7, but my slot was tainted AF and G7 wasn't really deepwolf material fmpov.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”