Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1492, Gentleman 4 wrote:If things usually work out in time, how are you expecting the player base to know how later days will turn out or whether or not you will make it to end game?
I'm not expecting them to know, I'm expecting them to help me figure it out.
If things usually work out in time, why are you so scared of who you choose?
...Because they don't always, and because I just said it's possible my partner leaves on me before I can convince her I'm town?
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:48 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1498, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1492, Gentleman 4 wrote:Do you really think that it doesn't matter who you pair with if you will not make it to end game?
Yes.
Gentleman 4 is anti-town. Ignore him. Play your own game.

Side note: Gentleman 8 might be scum but Lady 7 should accept his proposal anyway.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

How are you reading me presently, L6?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1496, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1478, Gentleman 4 wrote:And because my curiosity gets the better of me, I must ask, Lady 4, how do you feel about Lady 7 right now?
I'm thinking she is likely town. Also, I think shes only made one rude post in this game and I dont understand why she keeps apologizing for playing mafia.

I have read the last few pages but I didn't have much to say about them except that I share the concerns about Lady 8 but not so much the specific criticisms. I'm also thinking Lady 3 might be town for the bizarre series of posts that seem to me like they were clearly doomed not to accomplish anything.
I'm glad we're on the same page here in several places, at least in overall read, if not in the specifics. (Not to say we disagree on the specifics, but I digress.)

Talk more about the specifics on Lady 8? I might have missed the points you discuss here, and I'm a bit out of the loop on this read.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:50 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

Also I'm not going to ignore his questions, especially when they only require a one-word answer. That's just rude.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1494, Gentleman 7 wrote:Also, L4's kind of suspicious of me
It's wearing off, if that helps.

At least G3 is sticking to his guns, even though they are weird and bad guns. The exercise in running in circles is not really changing my overall concern about him.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:51 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1505, Lady 4 wrote:At least G3 is sticking to his guns, even though they are weird and bad guns.
That's actually a really good way to describe me, lmao.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1495, Gentleman 8 wrote:
Hello again, good citizens!

The volume of communication here is simply staggering, and I struggle to keep up, particularly while wearing this excellent and most efficacious mask, which, while handsome, leaves much to be desired for eye-holes.

I am entirely flexible with regard to a partner. I find most of the judgments discussed here premature. Either I am paired with a good and talented dancer, in which case I shall be delighted to waltz the night away, or I shall be paired with one who steps on toes and uses the wrong fork at dinner. In the latter case, I will be delighted to do the company a service and leave the dance with her. To wit, based on Gentleman 4's list,

Lady Lucky #7, will you dance with me?
I dont like this
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Lady 6 »

In post 1506, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1505, Lady 4 wrote:At least G3 is sticking to his guns, even though they are weird and bad guns.
That's actually a really good way to describe me, lmao.
That's why I feel G3 and I are kindred spirits. We are both open, honest and stubborn.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1503, Gentleman 4 wrote:Talk more about the specifics on Lady 8? I might have missed the points you discuss here, and I'm a bit out of the loop on this read.
I reread her recently and I mostly just do not see why she has gotten so many townreads. Most of her posts are whatever.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:55 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1498, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1492, Gentleman 4 wrote:Do you really think that it doesn't matter who you pair with if you will not make it to end game?
Yes.
Perhaps I phrased incorrectly; If you knew you would die before you made it to the end of the game, you would not try to find and match with scum?
In post 1500, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1492, Gentleman 4 wrote:If things usually work out in time, how are you expecting the player base to know how later days will turn out or whether or not you will make it to end game?
I'm not expecting them to know, I'm expecting them to help me figure it out.
I somewhat understand, but you understand yourself better than anyone else here.
If things usually work out in time, why are you so scared of who you choose?
...Because they don't always, and because I just said it's possible my partner leaves on me before I can convince her I'm town?
Right, so does it not follow to pick the partner who you've stated before you have little doubt would stick with you until the end?
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 1203, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 860, Gentleman 7 wrote:I'd argue that this is even more important than partnering with someone you think would mesh well, after what happened to G2.
What do you mean "after what happened with G2"?
I meant the replacement. Because how well you interact with your partner isn't as guaranteed if they're possible to slip up and post from their main, while their alignment will be the same.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1507, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1495, Gentleman 8 wrote:
Hello again, good citizens!

The volume of communication here is simply staggering, and I struggle to keep up, particularly while wearing this excellent and most efficacious mask, which, while handsome, leaves much to be desired for eye-holes.

I am entirely flexible with regard to a partner. I find most of the judgments discussed here premature. Either I am paired with a good and talented dancer, in which case I shall be delighted to waltz the night away, or I shall be paired with one who steps on toes and uses the wrong fork at dinner. In the latter case, I will be delighted to do the company a service and leave the dance with her. To wit, based on Gentleman 4's list,

Lady Lucky #7, will you dance with me?
I dont like this
I imagine it's because he immediately proposes in his first post in the thread in a while?

I understand the hesitation, but if this is what you contest, I think both town and scum will approach from a similar mindset with the rapidly dwindling pool of Ladies.
In post 1509, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1503, Gentleman 4 wrote:Talk more about the specifics on Lady 8? I might have missed the points you discuss here, and I'm a bit out of the loop on this read.
I reread her recently and I mostly just do not see why she has gotten so many townreads. Most of her posts are whatever.
I think it largely comes from her push for a pro-town game state and the fact that in contrast to several other players she looks less scummy to many people. Is there anything specific about her you want to discuss?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

That is to say I would like to hear much more from Gentleman 8, and I, too, will be severely disappointed if this is all he has to offer today.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 1248, Lady 4 wrote:Screw it, I don't want L5 to have the opportunity to snipe me.

Dance with Gentleman 5
I like this pair. G5 felt pretty townie (also, did he change his image partway though, or was he replaced)?

Still hoping for G6/L7.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:02 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

In post 1510, Gentleman 4 wrote:Perhaps I phrased incorrectly; If you knew you would die before you made it to the end of the game, you would not try to find and match with scum?
Okay, I see where you're going now. I was operating under the assumption that nobody's going to let any of the AFK gentlemen near endgame, which would mean that yes, I would have no incentive to match with scum because everyone not yet matched would die regardless.

If that isn't true, it I guess is somewhat important for me to match with scum, but it's far more important to just identify which other unpaired gentleman is the towniest and match HIM with town. Technically pairing with scum increases the chances of this, but it's equally effective to pair whichever lady I think is scum with a gentleman who also isn't going to make it to endgame.

Certainly, the possibility of a currently unpaired scum lady living to endgame with a currently unpaired gentleman is not the biggest concern of mine right now.
I somewhat understand, but you understand yourself better than anyone else here.
Yeah, you're right. Though I can't say I'm an expert on how people read me. If I were, my scumgame would be a hell of a lot better than it is. :roll:
Right, so does it not follow to pick the partner who you've stated before you have little doubt would stick with you until the end?
Not directly, because getting walked out on isn't the only way to die-- if people don't townread L5 and they want her dead, it doesn't matter that she townreads me.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

For the record G4, I disagree with L6; I don't think you're being anti-town right now.

Like I said before, communication is hard. One of the supreme goals of town in a mafia game is to be able to understand how each other are thinking.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

In post 1304, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1298, Lady 7 wrote:G3 not asking anyone even though he's been around a lot feels weird. I don't like his I don't want to drag anyone down, can we make it to endgame really.

I worry that he's waiting to see if his partner is townread enough for a scum-scum pairing that will make them super strong scum pairing that they'll win in that end game stand off.
I mean the point of this game is to pair confident townreads with each other, so like, I only want to pair with someone I confidently townread if people also confidently townread me. It's common sense if you think ahead, but most people just aren't.
I was kind of back and forth on G3 in my head, up until this point. This feels like the same kind of thing I was thinking.

Also, from what I've seen in the first post, there's been a few more pairings made. L7, I'm kind of in favor of you being with G3. Although if you consider me to be more towny, then I'd be up to dance.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1513, Gentleman 4 wrote:That is to say I would like to hear much more from Gentleman 8, and I, too, will be severely disappointed if this is all he has to offer today.
I think it was reckless given he hasnt caught up and is just going by your post.
Gentleman 3
Gentleman 3
Goon
Gentleman 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:05 am

Post by Gentleman 3 »

And tbh, getting questioned about my thoughts will frequently lead me to get them more in order myself. Same principle as how you don't really understand something unless you can teach it to someone else.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1514, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 1248, Lady 4 wrote:Screw it, I don't want L5 to have the opportunity to snipe me.

Dance with Gentleman 5
I like this pair. G5 felt pretty townie (also, did he change his image partway though, or was he replaced)?

Still hoping for G6/L7.
I got alot more active. Lets just keep it at that :wink:
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1515, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 1510, Gentleman 4 wrote:Perhaps I phrased incorrectly; If you knew you would die before you made it to the end of the game, you would not try to find and match with scum?
Okay, I see where you're going now. I was operating under the assumption that nobody's going to let any of the AFK gentlemen near endgame, which would mean that yes, I would have no incentive to match with scum because everyone not yet matched would die regardless.

If that isn't true, it I guess is somewhat important for me to match with scum, but it's far more important to just identify which other unpaired gentleman is the towniest and match HIM with town. Technically pairing with scum increases the chances of this, but it's equally effective to pair whichever lady I think is scum with a gentleman who also isn't going to make it to endgame.

Certainly, the possibility of a currently unpaired scum lady living to endgame with a currently unpaired gentleman is not the biggest concern of mine right now.
Yeah, you're right. Though I can't say I'm an expert on how people read me. If I were, my scumgame would be a hell of a lot better than it is. :roll:
Not directly, because getting walked out on isn't the only way to die-- if people don't townread L5 and they want her dead, it doesn't matter that she townreads me.
Wow. I don't think I've ever had a single post clarify so much for me simultaneously. No joke the lyrics "And at last I see the light" appeared in my head after I had read the entirety of this post. Thank you, a lot of what you're doing makes significantly more sense now.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:08 am

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 1518, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1513, Gentleman 4 wrote:That is to say I would like to hear much more from Gentleman 8, and I, too, will be severely disappointed if this is all he has to offer today.
I think it was reckless given he hasnt caught up and is just going by your post.
I must have skimmed the post too much, then, I thought he had at least skimmed several pages.
Gentleman 7
Gentleman 7
Townie
Gentleman 7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Gentleman 7 »

I'm liking L3 more right now. I don't really see where G6 is coming from with that attack on L7, she's felt pretty town to me consistently. I'll have to look into this again later, although it isn't impacting my opinion on my pairing with her yet.
Gentleman 8
Gentleman 8
Goon
Gentleman 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:10 am

Post by Gentleman 8 »

What, exactly, would you like me to offer? I'm not reading 60 pages of nonsense pregame.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”