quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5156 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:31 pm

Post by quiet »

Hi! Got decently busy today, but I plan to block out a good few hours tmmrw to catch up to the best of my ability. I have done a first read of day2, and hope to bring a slightly different energy to this slot.

Open to suggestions of the best way to post my catch up thoughts. Wish me luck!
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5385 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:48 am

Post by quiet »

Hi

someone in my life very suddenly passed yesterday morning. I considered replacing out site wide, but I’m 3k miles away, and there’s not much I can do. Made the decision to stay in. I’ve done most of what I can from here, and frankly, it will be nice to have something to keep my mind off, plus this is something I enjoy.

I’ve done nothing in terms of catch up since I got that news. I’ll post again later tonight when my head is in the right place to do so. It should be easier for me to engage past that point as well.

I will note that from what I have read, I am extremely confused by my predecessors play. Not sure exactly what their angle was. Maybe that will become more clear as I get deeper into it, but it’s been a strange experience so far.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5602 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:52 am

Post by quiet »

In post 5427, MURDERCAT wrote:I tracked Bro N1 and got the result of "Gamma" which was pretty funny (because of replace out). At first I thought it was a guilty but then I thought maybe there was a redirect. I don't get where the redirect would have happened, which is why I needed a list of claims to try to sort it out. I don't think it was on me, I think it was more likely to be on Gamma to protect from stuff after D1 wagon? Hence my push there. That was the plan in the hood before Angels blew up.

N2 I was on R+A slot and saw nothing.
Popping in to note that indeed my slot did nothing N2. Still catching up.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5604 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:32 am

Post by quiet »

Murdercat's result makes no sense because there's crazy role fuckery going on, or mudercat's result makes no sense because murdercat is making a scum play?

I'm assuming it's just more crazy role fuckery.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5638 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:13 am

Post by quiet »

Do you want a full role claim, or just for me to claim what my slot has done/anything that my slot is aware of happening at night?

I have not visited anyone, nor have I been informed of any transports on my spot. I asked mod to be sure, and they said there is nothing my slot was aware of happening at night in this game.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5639 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:17 am

Post by quiet »

In post 5628, Toogeloo wrote:My go down with the ship solve is Mathblade, Titus, Gamma, Lunar.
A Math/Lunar solve would be SPICY given how hard they are going at each other in the nhood. Well, how much Lunar keeps pushing math, and how much math keeps trying to get Lunar to give a case, any case, that goes beyond “Norwee was scummy”. Like, it’s been going on for pages, and back for days. Seems like a lot of theatre for not a lot of benefit.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5647 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:40 am

Post by quiet »

Ahahah I’m staying relatively vague about what happens in the nhood thread, as I’m still testing the waters out here. But Lunar, it’s not a terrible summery. You gave four sort of reasons for your suspicion after a day or two of getting asked about it, but generally yes I would summarize my take on you and math’s posting in the thread as rather excessive scum theater if that is what the two of you are up to. Not sure why you’d gainsay that

Out of curiosity, how would you summarize your interactions with Math? Is anyone else struggling to see two scum in there? I’m convinced there must exist one in math/murdercat/lunar, and I’m trying to not let my prev game with Lunar color my opinion on the slot.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5648 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:47 am

Post by quiet »

In post 5644, Lunar Martian wrote:Do you have any other results? There's no reason to think this role comes from Town.
They got a Vanilla on my slot, after my slot claimed Aescetic. It was a minor hubbub yesterday as to why no one in their nhood told them to go elsewhere.

This checks out on my side.

To clarify, Murdercat tracked me after I was outed by Titus as Vanilla?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5670 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:39 am

Post by quiet »

I am not a PR. I am VT. I can claim flavor too if you want.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5671 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:42 am

Post by quiet »

In post 1654, MathBlade wrote:MathBlade the towniest town to ever town
(lunar,RA,MurderCat ...reasons)
Sequence > Samantha

—— Would elim below this line
Nylaathria, Special BROvert Ops >> who?
Flea The Magician >> Give me something
RCEnigma >> Opening sucked
Angel Warriors >> Either I don’t get what she was alluding to or I don’t buy it or I am giving her PR cover here since people don’t listen to me.
Was reviewing Math to try to sort out the Math v. Lunar v. Murdercat thing, and found this early readlist. While I don't usually hold people to really early reads, we have flips on like all of these.
Just thought it was interesting.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5673 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:59 am

Post by quiet »

In post 5652, SirCakez wrote:I'm convinced there is scum in that vanilla hood or whatever RA kept talking about
I'm kinda operating on this assumption as well.

Hood is:
quiet (RA), MURDERCAT, Mathblade, Lunar.

Math has been very chatty, responsive, I'm absolutely concerned about being pocketed by them but have yet to be able to sort the slot. Murdercat a little quieter, but answers directed questions. Lunar has been a little busier irl it seems, and can give his own perspective about the hood.

Recent events of interest: I asked where the suspicions on RCE went during the night but before flips, as when I was re-reading day1, RCE was reasonably SRed. Murder responded by saying they were still in their PoE, and Math also responded in some way. Unfortunately I think this is NAI, as I'm not sure how scum would react in a nhood when someone brings up their target for the night.

There was no breadcrumbing on PR actions tonight within the nhood thread. I asked Math why not, and he gave the reasonable answer of decent probability of scum within the thread; I'm deciding if I buy this and to what degree, as in the main thread he noted he did not breadcrumb as the day ended suddenly, and the nhood thread could have been a place to give a subtle breadcrumb.

Lunar v. Math is very much a thing in the nhood as well.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5677 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:09 am

Post by quiet »

I'm agreeing with you Lunar. Math's readslist isn't great there. At the time it was made however, I'm pretty sure RA was taking a similar stance, and I don't know if I have a good enough handle on the thread dynamics at that point to know if theorizing a masonry was in any way reasonable, or if it was necessarily scummy. I don't know, I'm more focused on the fact that every single person on the scumlist besides Gamma has now flipped town.

But also, in a game this massive, it's been hard for me to catch up. I'm not saying you don't have reasons to be suspcious of Mathblade; I'm not even saying that you havn't provided them in the thread. I'm saying that it's been hard for me to hunt through and find them, when 80% of your posts on the topic of Math are "math is scum, obv scum, so scum" without detail. I was asking for a brief summery of your take on math, some links back to a previous math read you've given, etc, as it would have really helped me sort the slot. I wanted to get your current perspective if possible. I...sort of almost have that now? But even so, I felt like I had to literally beg for it.

It might be an entitled thing to ask for, but seeing as it saves me a lot of time and helps me sort both you and Math, and ESPECIALLY given in my first newbie with you, you played in an almost intentionally obtuse/difficult to get things out of way, I was really, really hoping you would come in with a detailed, well argued and cited read on Math that might townping me as something you never did in our first game. Unfortunately, that didn't exactly happen. Maybe it's just your playstyle, but I decided during the catchup I was going to do my best to sort between Lunar/Murdercat/Mathblade, and see how that made sense of the rest of the game or not. Maybe I need to move away from that and try to understand this game more holistically, but the truth is, Togg is right, I AM more than a little oblivious right now.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5683 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:15 am

Post by quiet »

@math I'm not pulling it as a clear case/suspicion, I'm pulling it because literally every person save our "masonry" and gamma are flipped now. In fact, has anyone flipped that isn't on that list?

It's more a strange artifact of this game than a clear case on you. It just jumped out when casing you.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5684 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:17 am

Post by quiet »

@murder can you claim your results today?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5686 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:20 am

Post by quiet »

not a real masonry. our neighborhood of {quiet, Lunar, Mathblade, Murdercat}.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5689 (isolation #15) » Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:24 am

Post by quiet »

Not everyone in the game was on the list.

My point was:
People mentioned in Math list:
towny
{lunar, RA, MurderCat}

Sequence (flipped 3p), Samantha (flipped town)

scumread
Nyla (flipped town), Special BROver Ops (alive and well, hi gamma)
Flea (flipped town)
RCE (flipped town)
Angel (flipped town)

have there been any other flips?

It's a stupid point that doesn't help solve the game, we can move on.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5750 (isolation #16) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:51 am

Post by quiet »

Am I being just totally thickheaded here, or is there not the other possibility that a remaining scum is an unclaimed RB?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5751 (isolation #17) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:52 am

Post by quiet »

@Murdercat how comfortable are you with this 1v1 vs. Math? Are you highly confident that they must be scum after this play?

I'm assuming Math is highly confident of the same.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5756 (isolation #18) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:15 am

Post by quiet »

In post 5752, SirCakez wrote:What do you mean? I think everyone has claimed.
My point is if there is a scum RB, they're not about to claim that, as it screws over town!Gamma. And possibly town!Murdercat. Math gives a good argument against this possibility below, but I just want to make sure I'm not getting screwed over by not considering the existence of an RB. It seems like an important point; it makes 2 players liars (I'm assuming Titus was asking the mod if a "no result" could come about through bussing or some other mechanic vs. requiring an RB and determined that no, it could not) if there is no RB.
MathBlade wrote:
In post 5750, quiet wrote:Am I being just totally thickheaded here, or is there not the other possibility that a remaining scum is an unclaimed RB?
That possibility went out the window when gamma = scum because he claimed he was likely blocked and stayed in scumreads but Murdercat claimed no result on Titus despite me visiting her N1. Yet Murdercat scumreads Gamma. This could be Murdercat + Gamma or it could be Murdercat shading Gamma for an elim. For all this talk about wanting Gamma for days then voting me. It’s crap.
Okay, this bit makes sense to me.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5757 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 6:20 am

Post by quiet »

It just seems like such a low return thing to claim as scum for Murdercat, a mechanically broken or just nonsensical track/investigative. I'm still sort of trying to wrap my head around what the scum motivation would be.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5841 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by quiet »

Can't we extend that logic to SirCakes? either Titus scum, or SirCakes must be?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5842 (isolation #21) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:07 pm

Post by quiet »

Assuming 4 scum.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5864 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:40 pm

Post by quiet »

In post 5861, Gamma Emerald wrote:I felt like both titus and murder checking R+A seemed a bit conspicuous, but I think those could be lies in order to lim that slot
They're also in a hood together.
@Titus, Murdercat, did you not discuss your various visits of me at any point?

Math brought up Murdercat's strange decision to track me after Titus's RC of me during the night in our nhood (not the one with Titus and Murdercat, but the other one).

Me visiting no one + me being vanilla are both correct, so they got the info somehow. Only one of them would need to get it in a Titus+Murdercat scum world. Murdercat also harshly SRs you, however.

So basically, Gamma is echoing an argument I've heard given by Mathblade vs. Murdercat (and to some degree, Titus by extension, as Titus's choice to RC me in the first place after R+A claimed ascetic is an interesting one, though Titus has said that she discussed it in that hood. By the way, who else is in that hood?)
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5865 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:42 pm

Post by quiet »

*Murdercat strongly SRs Gamma.

Not sold on a Cakez scumslip there for TMIing the number of scum or something, doesn't feel totally convincing, given the topic of conversation was the number of scum. If it's some kind of read, then okay.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5924 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:33 pm

Post by quiet »

I'm hopeful that the lack of discussion is a +sign for town.

(Lunar, Toog, SirCakes, Elements, Gamma) is 5 so hammered. I thought it was 6, then realized Murdercat never voted on Math.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5957 (isolation #25) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Post by quiet »

In post 5937, SirCakez wrote:So MC is not confscum then you're just spouting stuff
I just want to vote Titus here but too quick for hammer
I really want to hear from quiet and Elements
What do you want my take on?

Is 5946 a townslip from Lunar? Assuming a vanilla read = a town read?
Why does scum!Lunar tunnel push Math from day1, from before they replaced in?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5958 (isolation #26) » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:07 pm

Post by quiet »

I'm feeling especially dense with how this confTown's me, but maybe I get there in the end.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6057 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:05 pm

Post by quiet »

I'm here, having a rough day.

My reads in this game are terrible atm; Murder put in a lot of work in the PT to try and get me onsides and push lunar, but given math flip + how different Lunar's play here is vs. their scumgame in my first newbie (here Lunar is putting out a lot more opinions vs. being a lot more cagey in the newbie), and given that I don't see the utility in hardbussing from day1, Lunar is in my townbucket.

fmpov it's very much Murder v. Titus, one scum. I have repeatedly stated in the hood that I buy Murdercat's track claims, as I don't see the utility of fake claiming a confusing/nonsensical track as scum, and again, Math was pushing hard vs. that, which I don't read as scum distancing.

Given
In post 6049, SirCakez wrote:So Titus is scum or all of (Lunar, Elements, MC) are scum
Unless quiet and Gamma just haven't checked recently
And given that I don't find Math distancing from both Lunar and MC as happening with very high frequency vs. just trying to get me, the relatively naive replacement, to misvote one or the other, or at least protect Math, this makes me feel like Titus is scum here.

Elements voting today and yesterday has been...interesting. I'm concerned about the slot, and it's on my shortlist of slots to review.
Gamma is another such slot that I've heard raised a number of times as possibly scummy. It's another slot on my shortlist.

I'm leaning town on SirCakez (this is strictly tone and positioning last few days, and not a strong read), town on Murdercat (think track results come from town with much higher frequency than from scum), town on Lunar (from my experience with the slot, and from struggling to see Mathblade trying to distance from two slots).

Or I'm getting rolled by Lunar again, or more likely Murdercat, but gut feel, I think there are better plays for Murdercat than claiming the track results they got, which makes me feel like with all the transport action going on, it's viable. But I'm ready for someone to step in and tell me I'm missing some obvious stuff here.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6058 (isolation #28) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:06 pm

Post by quiet »

Maybe to try and put this more concisely:

Finding Titus town means finding Lunar+Murdercat as scum together.
I don't think I buy that. I'll try to more specifically figure out why and defend that position.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6059 (isolation #29) » Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:07 pm

Post by quiet »

Titus, what is your towncase on Gamma?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6065 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:39 am

Post by quiet »

In post 6060, Elements wrote:So Titus is confirmed scum at this point
Everyone not currently voting Titus has checked the thread and there hasn't been a hammer
Does a miselim instawin still? I thought we were starting to feel like it wouldn’t necessarily in a 3 scum world.

It does feel like Titus is indeed scum, though.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6066 (isolation #31) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:42 am

Post by quiet »

That’s some timing. How am I being willfully stupid, Titus? I think my strongest feeling on murdercat is that their fake track/tracking record doesn’t make a ton of sense to do as scum, and that I struggle to see Math positioning himself in the hood pre-sequence flip against both Lunar and Murder as a distancing play vs. just trying to run me over and pocket me. Accepting you as town means kinda accepting both lunar and murdercat as scum here, and that world is hard for me to accept.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6084 (isolation #32) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:48 am

Post by quiet »

In post 6078, Titus wrote:MURDERCAT's claim someone visited Gamma also falls apart.
What is the scum utility of Mudercat fakeclaiming something mechanically impossible?
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6086 (isolation #33) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:42 am

Post by quiet »

@Titus, Murdercat has raised the possibility of Gamma being scum in the 'hood.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6087 (isolation #34) » Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:43 am

Post by quiet »

In post 6085, Titus wrote:Murdercat claims he got a result that gamma visited gamma.

The only way this happens is if Gamma was swapped with someone who visited him or Gamma has an undisclosed self-targeting action (gamma scum).

If Gamma was swapped with a roleblocker who submitted an action on gamma, that doesn't work. The roleblocker would have to submit an action targeting themselves.
Why does scum!Murdercat claim this? It's an oddly specific/seemingly mechanically disprovable claim for scum to make.
quiet
quiet
Goon
quiet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6211 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:27 am

Post by quiet »

I felt incredibly out of my depth this game, I'm sorry I wasn't able to step in and be more engaged or useful. I tried my best, but a combo of really sudden/unexpected rl stuff and the strange dynamic I replaced into made it really challenging for me. I'm glad my TR on Lunar was correct at least; I don't think I could handle another Lunar betrayal.

Also, I'm glad the Murder track wasn't a made up claim, even if Murder was ultimately town traitor. I just couldn't find the scum utility in faking a track that was mechanically impossible.

A lot to learn from this game, thanks for having me!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”