SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 23, Benmage wrote:
In post 21, Minimum wrote:
We'll see.

Choosing should be policy lynch central since I can easily imagine choosing scum and giving that scumbag a strongman vig being worse for the town than taking out 2 townies that would otherwise get mislynched or screw up in some other way.

Ahh you are correct...

FYI the assassin thing is only a D1 event like thing. Nailing scum is still best as it equates to a 1-1 trade off... i.e. always good for town.

But I'm sure a viable PL target will showthemselves eventually to be chosen.

So do you want to treat it like a policy lynch or a regular one?

VOTE: Benmage.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:16 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 69, Benmage wrote:
In post 63, SnowStorm wrote:

Doesn't matter.

It matters to me and I'd say it matters to everyone else since everyone is talking about it. Strangely enough, nobody picked on your noncommittal stance on the subject. You basically said you're 'ok' with both using it as a regular lynch to catch scum AND using it to lynch a policy lynch target; those two things don't match. So, again, which is it?

Well, I agree that we should use it as a regular lynch and send someone suspicious to kill Jon Snow.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 142, Staeg wrote:Snowstorm, any other commentary?

I'm catching up.

In post 143, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 141, SnowStorm wrote:
It matters to me and I'd say it matters to everyone else since everyone is talking about it. Strangely enough, nobody picked on your noncommittal stance on the subject. You basically said you're 'ok' with both using it as a regular lynch to catch scum AND using it to lynch a policy lynch target; those two things don't match. So, again, which is it?

Well, I agree that we should use it as a regular lynch and send someone suspicious to kill Jon Snow.

I actually will comment on this - I was following the thread last night until about the point where people jumped on Feysal's junk, but I was of the opinion that our choice was basically a second lynch. Now anyone saying "Well, let's use it on someone suspicious", if they're suspicious (you think they're scum) and you've succeeded with catching scum even (unlikely IMO), scum is going to shoot whoever the hell they want, not who we (the collective town majority opinion) wants to shoot.

I'm not sure I'm following you. You're saying that you agree that we should use it as a second lynch, but you also want to have control over who the chosen person will vig?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:37 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 99, Regfan wrote:
The few scum reads are incredibly weak right now. Something feels off about Minimum but I can't pin-point what exactly, if I had to specify it's probably a lack of town reads stated by them or reads at all though willing to give them time
to convince me I'm just mad at Mina for picking CES over me to hydra with.
Also really don't like SnowStorms entrance, think for his first game on-site and in a theme he knows things about as town he'd be more light-hearted or at least have a welcomish/hello sort of post or joke but instead his vote on Benmage in feels forced.
Didn't like Salamences comment in either but might be worth checking his meta out quickly if I get time later. Didn't like MoI's self-choose either but that was a super minor thing.

I said 'hi' in the sign-up thread, didn't want to make a useless 'hi' post here too. :roll: I also didn't feel like roleplaying when people were already getting serious. I'm not sure how that works here, but in Westeros I always get called scummy when I'm roleplaying... (Also, the lack of alts is kind of a turn off for roleplaying.)
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:41 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 147, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 145, SnowStorm wrote:I'm not sure I'm following you. You're saying that you agree that we should use it as a second lynch, but you also want to have control over who the chosen person will vig?

No, I'm saying if we're using it as a second lynch (smart), we can't expect to control who the extra kill is. We could certainly wish for it, and it's likely it'll be a mislynch (just based on past experience), but it's likely then that a directed kill will also be a failed attempt to hit scum, so I say we use it as a regular lynch and just don't try to direct it.

Right, I get it, that's what I think. A directed kill would be uncontrollable.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:48 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 120, Plessiezarus wrote:
@Snow Storm
- Out of interest, we'd like to know if you've read any of the previous Eddard Stark modded games on this site?

(SnowStorms's vote-and-run entrance is, partly depending on the answer to the above, a little suspicious, sure.)

No, I haven't read any games modded by Eddard Stark.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:55 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 161, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Snowstorm

LOL

Nice scumslip

Umm, what?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:03 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 177, BBmolla wrote::(

You guys are terrible at continuing reaction tests.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Salamence

Better vote.

Oh cool, I was getting paranoid.
BB, you can do better than that.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:20 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 4, Eddard Stark wrote:
Assassin in the Snow:

A bastard of Ned Stark as commander of the Watch? This cannot continue. During this day phase you may nominate someone to take the black and attempt to assassinate Jon Snow. This is of course a suicide mission, in reality. The chances of success are pretty much 0%.
So the person you nominate will die during the next night phase
. On the other hand they won't
just
die.
They'll recieve a 1-shot strongarm vig shot
during the night which they can use to kill a player of their choosing. This strongman vig cannot be blocked/redirected/protected from by any active or passive abilities. Edit: So they'll kill and die on the same night (Night 1)

Who will you choose?

Zer/Pless's question, along with other things, have got me thinking about this. I've never read any of the previous games, I don't know how flavor stuff like this impacts the game. I mean, my first instinct when I saw this was to treat it like a regular lynch and send someone suspicious to the wall to kill Jon Snow, in hopes of catching scum. But, if we do manage to send scum to the Wall, would he kill Jon Snow? After all, this is supposed to be a suicide mission, it's implied that we should send one of our own.

I'm assuming most of you have either read or played in the previous rounds. What do you think? Do you think it's possible that if we send scum to the Wall that they won't kill Jon? What would the consequences of that be?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:24 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Yeah, forget it, I missed the part where it's said that the chances of killing him are 0%.

I was still curious though if stuff like that had any impact. I actually think it'd be pretty cool :P
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:44 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 179, Benmage wrote:
In post 63, SnowStorm wrote:

Was this an rvs votes??? Or is this another Faraday blunder?

It wasn't RVS. I found your post odd and nobody had said anything about it, which I also found odd. I figured that deserved a vote.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (isolation #11) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 255, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 159, SnowStorm wrote:No, I haven't read any games modded by Eddard Stark.

Oh. You should? Or skim them, maybe. A lot of the people in this game were in one or more of them, so it might give you a good read on people you've not seen before. Plus they're quite fun to read?

~ Pless

I think one of the advantages of not knowing who I'm playing with is that my reads are unbiased. Reading other games they've played in would probably change that.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 321, Plessiezarus wrote:
What are your reads, so far? ~Zar.

I think Regfan and Benmage look town. I'm also getting townish vibes from Tyene and MoI. I think Feysal and Starbuck looked townish, they were getting some heat but I didn't find them suspicious.

I'm hesitant in giving D.Edd/Arthur a town read. His play seems to fit his usual town play, though he seems somewhat different. It's been harder for me to get a good read on him ever since he
turned to the dark side
started playing here.

I'm having a hard time getting a read on Minimum. The idea I have of Mina's town play is that I usually agree with her and get early town reads on her, which hasn't happened in this game, though I don't think she has posted much? As for CES, I don't really know how to read him and the freshest memory I have of his play is when he managed to survive a whole game as scum without doing anything but voting without reason. So, I'm kinda worried about them, I'd like to see more from Mina.

These are all just general impressions from the top of my head. I don't have any real scum-reads, most of the players haven't made any impression on me and I need to do some re-reads and ISO's.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #13) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:38 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 333, Lyanna Stark wrote:
SnowStorm it must suck to come to MS and have your first role pm be scum. So, Benmage looks town to you does he? *glances up at vote count* Can you explain why you're still voting him then?

Is everyone pretty much null to you SnowStorm? Not one person you want to vote for and press
besides the one you just called town
? None?

Yup, I think he's town. Yup, my vote stayed on him. Obviously, when I called him town, that vote lost it's power, so it was basically the same as unvoting. But, unvoting is boring, since it doesn't allow for this kind of situation...

I'm kind of surprised that you, of all people, picked on this. You've seen me do it before, more than once, this is something I usually do when I have no suspects. Also, you usually pay attention to this kind of stuff and I never expected this reaction from you.

In post 345, Regfan wrote:
Still don't have many scum reads. Snows still my strongest scum-read and no, he's not 'noob' or 'inexperienced' he has a lot of experience over at westeroes where I'd argue players are better at keeping up with spam-post-days due to the 32 hour deadlines and no, entire reason behind why I think he's scum isn't all meta based.
His entrance into the thread is still very awkward, even though he said 'hi' in the main thread his post ressembels him just finding a trivial angle to discuss to seem contributory.
I also don't find his flavour analysis to be a town-tell, think it's fairly null. Lyanna did point out the big thing though, he's claiming that Benmage is one of his strongest town-reads however still has his vote on him; it's possible he's forgotten his votes on him but that would mean him having no scum read to have wanted to move towards all game. Also not a fan of Hyperions posts so far, the last game of his I saw him play he obvtowned it up and had a lot of good analysis, thoughts and reads, this game his posts seem to be lacking that. Not sure if it has to do with the game-size or alignment though.

Really? There were several other (more trivial) things I could have picked on, I could have even just joked or role-played, but I chose to pick on something that I didn't like, not to look like I was contributing, but because I actually wanted to contribute.

Btw, I think it's worth mentioning that in all my mafia experience at Westeros I've only been mafia once.

In post 352, Tyene Sand wrote:I could do worse than sheeping Regfan, and that incongruence in his reads that Lyanna pointed out is a beauty. Moreso than Lady Stark herself, whose jabs make me wonder how fast the raven flies from Dorne to Winterfell.

UNVOTE: redFF
VOTE: SnowStorm

I don't like this vote. Tyene didn't really strike me as a sheep earlier, in fact she seemed rather opinionated (maybe I'm remembering her wrong, but that was also kind of the reason behind my townish read on her); now this just seems weird.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:37 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 378, Regfan wrote:
Snow, see the thing you did jump in to discuss was fairly useless and saying 'there were more useless things I could have talked about!' doesn't change the fact that it doesn't come across as a natural entrance into the game. And I would have preferred that you came in joking and roleplaying for a post, it would have shown that you weren't worried about peoples opinions of you but the fact that you're stating that you avoiding doing so since it draws attention to you makes it look as if you're scum that thought they could slide into the game and go unnoticed.

You're just wrong. I'm not going to argue about the usefulness or relevance of what I discussed in my first post. First, it's subjective, we don't all pick on the same things, we don't all suspect the same people, so there's some things that I find relevant that you and other people don't, but that someone else may. Second, it's easy to say something was useless after we see that it didn't take us anywhere...

I didn't say I avoided RP'ing to not draw attention to myself and it was never my intention to slip by unnoticed. I figured it was more likely that someone would jump on me for not saying anything useful... :roll: So yeah, I worry with what people think of me, are scum the only ones who do that? I'm used to having people suspect me for misinterpreting me, so I usually try not to do or say anything that might lead to misinterpretation and unnecessary suspicion.

I think you're giving too much importance to things that don't really tell you my alignment.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 423, Lyanna Stark wrote:
Hmm...this is the only post you have made today and I don't like your response. I didn't pick up on this only for you keeping your vote on Ben. I've done a similar thing a ton of times. I've voted someone and decided they're town but not unvoted them. I don't think it's inherently scummy, but when I've done it I've usually made an announcement that that is what I have done and that I will move it when I decide who it's going to go onto if I for whatever reason don't unvote (but that's usually when we're nearing deadline and I'm actively searching for someone to vote instead.)

And, this is the problem I'm having is that you're not actively looking for suspects; you're not actively engaging with anyone in the game really. You picked up on the Ben issue and I have no problem with that, but that is pretty much all you have done other than discuss theory. And then you gave a few townish reads and said that there was pretty no scum reads, basically you nulled everyone. The manner in which you gave your reads was rather stilted as well. All of this made me suspicious. If it were just the vote, and you were being active in the game, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.

I don't know why you wouldn't expect the reaction you got from me. You've seen me point out things that I don't like and question people about things numerous times before.

I had called him town, I don't see any other reason why anyone (town or scum) would keep their vote on a town read. Like you said, you do that announcement when we're close to deadline when it is actually suspicious, but with so many days left I didn't think there was a need to do that, it was already implicit. It will be more suspicious however, if I stay with my vote on him when we get close to the lynch, though I think it would be only really suspicious if he was the lynch and I kept the town read on him.

This is the kind of post I usually expect from you:
In post 436, Lyanna Stark wrote:
I'm reading SnowStorm as scum, but I want to interject here a bit because it makes sense to me why he wouldn't. At Westeros, we always play behind alts. There are very very few times we play altless. We also have quite strict meta rules. We can't out another person's alt or our own. Sure, we have codes and things to get around some of the rules when we have meta reasons for why we read people the way we do, but we can't use that as part of our cases or arguments at all. You know how people go, "In GvE, you behaved this way, so I believe xyz here?" We can't do that there. So, because we are accustomed to play without meta - and our hilariously bad altguesses of each other has hindered games in the past - it makes perfect sense why SnowStorm wouldn't want to read any past games to get an unobjective PoV because that's how we're conditioned to play this game.

You still say you think I'm scummy, but you also "defend" me. You can tell the difference between our (not just mine but the other Westero's players') alignment and personality tells and you're the first to defend us if someone gets their tells wrong.

I'm feeling much better about you now. (...This is a town read.)
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:48 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 486, Staeg wrote:
In post 484, SnowStorm wrote:You still say you think I'm scummy, but you also "defend" me. You can tell the difference between our (not just mine but the other Westero's players') alignment and personality tells and you're the first to defend us if someone gets their tells wrong.

Any commentary on my reply to this?

As Tammy said, we use alts in Westeros. We're not supposed to base our reads on meta. But this is not Westeros and it seems like here meta is the base of everything. :roll: So, I'm going to use meta to judge the players I know, not only because of that, but because I can't ignore it. As for the other players I don't think reading past games would help much. This is a different game and people don't always play the same way. I prefer judging the rest of the players based on things that happen in this game.

I think this also explains why I haven't "contributed" much and my lack of suspects. I don't think there's a single subject that hasn't been touched by meta and I can't evaluate anything that is related to meta from a player I'm not familiar with.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 497, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 494, SnowStorm wrote:I think this also explains why I haven't "contributed" much and my lack of suspects. I don't think there's a single subject that hasn't been touched by meta and I can't evaluate anything that is related to meta from a player I'm not familiar with.

Are you saying you plan to be this unhelpful
all game
?

~ Pless

:roll: No, it means I'll be able to read them better once there's more than meta to work with, like a lynch...

On a different note,

I think D.Edd is town. Alek's posts seem to fit his usual town play. His town read on me had some weight in this, I don't think he'd just throw it out like that if he was scum.

I have a weaker town read on Hyperion. I'm not a big fan of his posts, but his play this game reminds me his play in a recent Westeros mini (93.5), where he was town and got mislynched.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #505 (isolation #18) » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

Edd, what do both of you think of Minimum?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 507, Feysal wrote:
As I was reading Tammy's I was thinking of how a common scum symptom is difficulty in finding suspects. I did not like SnowStorm's either,
in particular the joke about unvoting being boring because it did not allow for that kind of situation was bad. Situation like what?
I was reminded of Mikujin way back in Storm of Swords, and how he was never able to form any suspicions during his time in the game. SnowStorm is starting to look suspect in the same way.

The situation was thinking that I was contradicting myself with the town read and vote, when the town read nullified the vote. I basically used that to reaction testing, since I had no better place for my vote.

In post 547, Plessiezarus wrote:
In post 501, SnowStorm wrote:
:roll: No, it means I'll be able to read them better once there's more than meta to work with, like a lynch...

Your passive stance is out of character though.
Why aren't you questioning players? Isn't there anything that you have found odd this far in game?

Umm, it's not. I'm really not an aggressive player; I only get aggressive when more aggressive players aren't playing, like in smaller games and later game days (or when someone really annoys me...). As for odd things, yeah, I've found some but I need to do some re-reading. I don't want to start asking about things that have already been explained or that are from a different player, I need to make sure the odd things are really odd. And I'm not talking about anything specific here, just in general.

In post 551, Jal wrote:
I'm getting slight scum vibes from Snow mostly due to post 194 wherein he talks about scum not killing Jon Snow if we send them to the wall. Especially when he asks "What do you think?" It feels like a callback to Dolorous Edd's post 14 which someone called a town-tell not much sooner. I know someone said Snow's over-thinking of the flavor is a town-tell of sorts, but I just don't think his post seemed completely genuine.

@Snow
: Who do you think is scummy?

Of all the people voting me I think you presented one of the worst reasons. Why would I (or anyone in my position) as scum, make that post?

I don't have any scum reads atm, as I said, I need to re-read. But I do have some bad feelings about Minimum and now about you.

In post 554, Tyene Sand wrote:
SnowStorm's comes across as very forced. It seems like he's covering his ass with that Benmage vote/townread; now he's admitting (again) that he thinks Benmage is town, and that admitting to it makes the vote lose its power--so... you were voting a townread: what was the intended 'power' about the vote that
admitting it is on a townread
makes it lose? It makes no sense, it's not even fishing for reactions or seeing who jumps on the wagon; it's literally a useless vote. What's more, here he is admitting it is a bad vote for all intents and purposes, that unvoting is boring, but chooses to leave a useless vote there when he has things like an apparent scumread on me. Makes very very little sense from town, but makes sense like scum scouting out a wagon possibility before hopping on it.
In post 423, Lyanna Stark wrote:I don't think it's inherently scummy, but when I've done it I've usually made an announcement that that is what I have done and that I will move it when I decide who it's going to go onto if I for whatever reason don't unvote (but that's usually when we're nearing deadline and I'm actively searching for someone to vote instead.) And, this is the problem I'm having is that you're not actively looking for suspects; you're not actively engaging with anyone in the game really. You picked up on the Ben issue and I have no problem with that, but that is pretty much all you have done other than discuss theory. And then you gave a few townish reads and said that there was pretty no scum reads, basically you nulled everyone. The manner in which you gave your reads was rather stilted as well. All of this made me suspicious. If it were just the vote, and you were being active in the game, I probably wouldn't have even noticed.
Exactly this, though it hurts me to admit that the wolf might have a point. He had a somewhat viable suspect elsewhere, and just sits there on that vote he called useless. It feels like he's choosing not to engage.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

(this is the answer to that last quote, which wasn't included in that last post due to failure in the copy/paste process)

The vote initially demonstrated that I suspected Benmage. Now it is a useless vote. But don't say I'm "scouting for wagons", it would have been much easier for me as scum to just echo someone else's suspicion and jump on their suspect. I really can't see how anyone would do this play as scum. I know I'm very far from looking town, but scum? You're not just accusing me of being scum, you're accusing me of being stupid-scum. According to all of you I just keep digging myself deeper with each post; everything I do is scummy, everything I don't do is scummy. This is starting to get ridiculous.

Btw, I never said I had a scum read on you. I had a town read on you and then you posted something I didn't like and explained it. There was no reason for me to vote you, since I believed your explanation.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

Hey Jal, what are YOUR thoughts on Minimum? You keep asking that to D.Edd but you never expressed any thoughts on Minimum yourself.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I don't even know what to tell you... This just got ten times more ridiculous. I'm laughing right now.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (isolation #23) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:17 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Plessiezarus, besides me, who are your scum-reads?

Dolorous Edd, I will ask you again. What is your read on Minimum?

Unvote: Benmage
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #24) » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:36 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 433, Salamence20 wrote:
Scum:
Minimum
Shadow
Snowstorm
Hyperion

Why do you have me and Hyperion in your scum tiers? This post is the first and only time you mention our names.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:45 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I liked PleZar's reads (#621 - ). Their vote has been on me since the beginning and it started as a joke vote, I was worried because they hadven't moved their vote, even though they seemed to have other suspects.(side-note, all the links in that post link to the first post)

I agree with their suspicion of Bvoigt, I get some odd vibes from him. I'll elaborate on this later.

As for why I unvoted. Well, why wouldn't I? My stance was the same. I mean, my vote on Benmage was already null, I was just making it oficial, while generating a possible topic of conversation.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 664, Jal wrote:
@SnowStorm

In post 560, SnowStorm wrote:Of all the people voting me I think you presented one of the worst reasons. Why would I (or anyone in my position) as scum, make that post?

I don't have any scum reads atm, as I said, I need to re-read. But I do have some bad feelings about Minimum and now about you.

Why scum would make that post:

"Especially when he asks "What do you think?" It feels like a callback to Dolorous Edd's post 14 which someone called a town-tell not much sooner."

To use a phrase that someone already declared was a town-tell of sorts and hopefully apply said tell to work for themselves. Helpful when a bandwagon is starting on someone, no?

I don't like this post. I hate your tone. You think I'm scum because I said "what do you think?", which someone had declared to be a town tell earlier, thus making it a scum-tell for anyone who said it after. That makes perfect sense :roll: . (See Tyene, some people do believe scum = stupid.)

In post 664, Jal wrote:
Now then, is my post really one of the worst reasonings presented? Tsk. I thought I was
at the very least
ahead of the people getting on you for not saying hi or being too serious at the beginning.

Maybe instead of writing walls explaining how you don't have any scum reads or that you need to reread, you should do just go ahead on the rereading bit and come back to us.

Yeah, that's what I said. I can understand why someone like Regfan (who has played with me) would think I had an odd start, it's not a bad reason, especially for the start of the game. Do you think that reason was worse than yours? You're calling someone else's reasons to vote me bad, yet, it's clear that your intention is to make
me
look bad. Because you never really brought that up until now. So what's your point?

In post 664, Jal wrote:
In post 562, SnowStorm wrote:Hey Jal, what are YOUR thoughts on Minimum? You keep asking that to D.Edd but you never expressed any thoughts on Minimum yourself.

Hmm, my gut currently leans to the townier side of things. I'd like to see Minimum without all the pressure, though.

By the way, asking the question (again) yourself isn't going to help you gain any town cred.

So my questions are not any relevant because I'm just trying to win some town cred? Seriously? According to you I shouldn't even bother asking any questions, because I'm not getting town cred for them. You don't think for a second that I ask questions to help me get some reads? WTF was the point in saying that? That whole post was about you antagonizing me. So you're either scum or you're a pretty confident townie, but then why haven't you tried to convince everyone else of my guiltiness, why do you only have one crappy argument against me?

Vote: Jal.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 774, Shinori wrote:
Across all of his posts he does nothing but state a few town reads, vote park on Benmage, talk about the vig kill, never chooses anyone, and says that he has ZERO scum reads(I bolded that)

He isn't scum hunting nor is he really being beneficial to the town. He also has randomly vanished.

##Unvote
##Vote: Snowstorm

Hey, I just randomly appeared (that should be one less point against me). You already had me in your scum list, but you only moved your vote to me after somebody asked you why you suspected me. It looks like you didn't have any reason to suspect me until now that you had to actually look into me to explain your pseudo-suspicion of me. Apparently I was more suspicious than you thought so you decided to switch your vote from Minimum to me.

This is really odd. I skimmed over your ISO and noticed that your Minimum vote was a kind of placeholder. So, if you weren't confident with that vote and suspected other players, why did you only read them when you were prompted for an explanation of your scum-reads on them?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (isolation #28) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:29 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 785, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 782, SnowStorm wrote:As for why I unvoted. Well, why wouldn't I? My stance was the same. I mean, my vote on Benmage was already null, I was just making it oficial, while generating a possible topic of conversation.

VOTE: Snowstorm. The level of crap being posted by yours truly has reached the point of no return.

Why wouldn't you? Well for starters you made such a strong point about it not mattering before. And now you've 180ed and taken the complete opposite stance ... that there is no reason not to do it. Guess what? There was no reason not to do it before either. Add in your "I'm making a topic for conversation" craptasm (hint ... actually scum-hunting makes for great conversation) and voila ... you get my vote.

My vote on Benmage was already meaningless when I unvoted. If the vote didn't matter, the lack of it doesn't matter either. It's not that hard to understand.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (isolation #29) » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

On bvoigt:

I agree with Plums case on him. I hadn't like his first posts. The nameclaim thing seemed like easy contribution and then the Sala vote also felt easy. I also didn't like this sentence:
In post 535, bvoigt wrote:
I think Lyanna is town.
Should probably reread Minimum and Edd. Even though they've posted a lot, I haven't really "noticed" them.

It sounds odd. How could he not have noticed them? Ok, the quotation marks seem to imply that he noticed their posts, but that he just didn't remember anything about them, which is still odd considering they posted a lot and have rather strong opinions. Later he never mentions having read them, but he gives their reads on them after posting his case on Sala (null on Min, town on Edd - which was kind of the consensus at that moment), he also doesn't justify those reads, which makes it less likely that he reread them like he said he would.

---

So, my current scum reads are: Jal, bvoigt and Shinori.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:25 am

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 814, Plessiezarus wrote:I
You and SnowStorm have a similar sign-in date to Soph's board, and have been in basically every game played there since (looking back at the records, SS's first game was 82.75, and yours was 83). Given the many games you've played together,
something
in his play must be striking you as off to warrant a null? Right? What is it? (Here's an altless one for the curious). How are SS's reactions even remotely similar to what he normally plays like?

~Zar.

Ok, Zar, how are my reactions in this game different from the others and how does that make me scum? What scum tells have you on me?

My first game was your first game also and we've played some games together since then, but I've played more games with Arthur than with you, who modded most of them. What makes you think your read on me is more accurate than Arthur's?

And don't compare this game to games like the one you just linked to. It's completely incomparable.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

VOTE: bvoigt

I'm not very comfortable with voting Sala. I have a null read on him and some people have defended him. I feel better with lynching bvoigt.

Regfan wrote:
Benmage, your 'noobtown' read on SS makes no sense, while this may be his first game on-site, he's played
a lot
off-site and isn't new to mafia.

I actually feel like a newb here... Sometimes even at Westeros. It's your read on me that is wrong, Regfan. I don't know what else I can do to prove it. Yeah, I can scumhunt, that's easier said than done, and it's not like I've tried, but it seems most of you ignored it. In fact, I think most of the you are just parking your vote on the biggest wagons and relieved that the wagon is not on you.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 950, Benmage wrote:SnowStorm you should claim.

You should change your vote.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:51 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 951, Tyene Sand wrote:I won't, Regfan. StefanB has fooled me once as scum, I don't intend to let that happen again that easily.

SnowStorm, please list the following according to town/scum:

TOWN
Regfan
Tyene Sand
Plessiezarus
Pandora
MagnaofIllusion
Benmage
BBmolla
Feysal
kortul
Shinori
Jal
SCUM

That, more or less.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:01 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 956, Benmage wrote:
There is no legitimate counter wagon. To drag out today would be detrimental to the game.
If you were town you'd go willingly at this point
and simply yield final reads.

What? So you're just asking me to give up? Seriously? Is that how you do it here?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (isolation #35) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 964, Benmage wrote:When the inevitable is set... you give final reads, and you end the day. There will be no great epiphany... nothing will change... and the end of the day I will go "i told you so"... see you there in 20 pages of nothingness... gj being antitown.

Since when is my lynch inevitable? Since you added your vote and said so? :roll: and isn't lynching other town players anti-town too?

Is anyone else in a hurry?
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (isolation #36) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 965, Benmage wrote:DOLOROUS! Everyone fucking capitulates otherwise lynches don't happen. RARELY do I ever get to lynch my #1 choice. I fought Snow's lynch for 38? pages.... Buts its done. its going to happen. Today needs to end. I think Snow will flip town. There is zero difference between me capitulating, ans SNOW capitulating to her own lynch. GEtfuckingbetter.

Ok, so you're the one giving up. If you think I'm town, why aren't you pushing for your scum reads?

Btw, I'm a "he".
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #37) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I already tried that, It didn't work.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #972 (isolation #38) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

...Yeah, you got a point.

Still, it's not fully my fault that we're in this stupid situation. If people weren't so lazy to realize at least half of the votes on my wagon are crap and so stubborn to admit that their read on me is wrong we could have avoided this lynch.

Well, I still got a role to claim. I'm a mason.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (isolation #39) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:56 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 974, Benmage wrote:Oh nameclaim I guess cant hurt...

I'm Little Walder Frey.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (isolation #40) » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

I think it's safe for me to go to sleep now...
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (isolation #41) » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:15 pm

Post by SnowStorm »

In post 1022, Plessiezarus wrote:
Stuff like this post. Mostly. (For the record, my first game was 82.5, not 82.75).

Ever since Game 86 you seem to have made an effort into improving your game, which I'm not seeing here. As Tammy pointed out, most of the time you are playing, even when you do not have a suspect, you're in the discussion asking questions and being engaged in the discernment of alignment of players by expressing opinions or sharing thoughts.

Modding a game is evidently very different from playing one, which gives me a different perspective from the unspoiled one I get as a regular player. As a mod, already knowing your aligment, I get to see how you go about approaching the game and engaging the other players.

The way you seem to be pressing the few cases you made seems uncommitted and un-explanatory, coming from you. You aren't going over posts or being proactive. Except for calling Tammy town in you weren't even invested the least in identifying players that you thought were town until called out for it. This is behavior I find disparing from somebody who's played more than 20 games (if my count is right).

I do not think you could be overwhelmed by the volume of posts in this thread. You've participated in large Westerosi games that require much more attention than this one, yet you strike me as trying to ride the wave here.

Now that you've claimed Mason, do you not accept you might have been acting differently from the way you usually do?

~ Zar.

My first game was 82.5 too, but that doesn't really count as a game since it imploded... anyway...

You're right, I always try to improve my game, that doesn't mean it actually improves... I can't be as engaged here as I am in Westeros though. First, the pace is much slower; in Westeros we're always on a rush to lynch, but the long days here encourage a more relaxed approach. Second, a lot of the arguments have unfamiliar meta in it; Third, it's day one... I don't think I've been as useless as it seemed. If I didn't push anyone harder is because I didn't feel confident enough about my reads. I still don't, in fact, I think very few people feel or felt confident about their scum reads.

About the town reads, I don't really see a point in giving them out or explaining them constantly. And yeah, I'm not overwhelmed (at least not with the amount of posts, more with the amount of meta...).

I don't think I acted that differently than I do at Westeros, but the environment is different and the game required a different approach.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:57 am

Post by SnowStorm »

CHOOSE: Feysal.
I think he's a better choice than Greenknight.

I thought there was some genuiness in Feysal's earlier posts, but I'm not really liking his latest posts. I also liked the way Greenknight defended his read on me, we seem to have similar playstyles.

I'm feeling really disengaged right now and all these replacements aren't helping... I hope we get a lynch soon so that we can move on with this.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:34 am

Post by SnowStorm »

I see nothing against choosing DLC, so

CHOOSE: DLCXVI

I could also vote Shadow. I only have a weak scum read on bvoigt and no read on Shadow, I seriously don't know what to think of him.
SnowStorm
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
SnowStorm
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1516 (isolation #44) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:10 am

Post by SnowStorm »

Dolorous Edd wrote:
In post 1461, bvoigt wrote:I'm Roose Bolton, Odd Night Vigilante. Flavor says I'm the killer of Robb Stark and Warden of the North, but I still have a lot of things I need to accomplish. I'm looking for immediate glory for House Bolton. The ability name is I'm gonna leech your face.

Hi. This is a fake-claim. Please don't derp it up and believe him. Trust me.

Yeah, I'm not very convinced by that claim either... How often are there Odd/Even Night Vigs here?

So I kind of still want to lynch bvoigt, but if Shadow uses his role on him tonight, he'll know if the claim is true and he'll also block him. That could save us from lynching an innocent bvoigt or from an evil role use. I don't know who else I'd lynch though. Maybe Shinori or Feysal.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”