Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:18 am

Post by Regfan »

Rock-Solid scum reads on D1 are difficult and a rarity and weakerish scum reads aren't super accurate but they're significantly better than random lynching whereas rock-solid town reads on D1 are very easy to get, town hunting is actually ridiculously easy especially in the early game period.

Pless, the town read on Tierce is partially meta based but also a lot based on her play; I've seen her play this same way and have this same attitude in a few games where she was town. But specifically of instantly noticing the same thing Edd did as the 'slip' is a big town-tell and her comments directed to Feysal sense. Also the sheer number of times she moves her votes/chooses even switching them around here and there is a big town-tell as it shows that she's thinking things though to a level higher than she would as scum. Her "Starbuck isn't for lynching" comments are a massive town-tell as that's how she handles her town-reads even if she believes they're harmful or playing badly. Plus her explanation for her initial choose vote on Tammy being that she trusts her to use the gun correctly if town and wants her out of the game due to clash in their play is something that is spot-on with how they've interacted in prior games.

Hasdasg, I'll try and explain why this matches Edds town-play but Tammy can probably jump in and explain it better too. Arthur is a significantly stronger town player than anything else and he loves to jump into games, put himself in the midst of things and take stances, he's done all three of those things this game. The way that is phrased comes of as very natural because he's stating an opinion on the mechanic, then proceeding to ask others thoughts on it. Then look at the phrasing of and especially look at the timing of it, only just a few minutes after Feysal makes his post Edd posts stating that he thinks Feysal count have potentially slipped, then goes and does some research into the OP for a few minutes locking his vote in on Feysal when he finds no mention of multi-faction in the OP. It's a really really natural thought process. Also look at his frustration in him getting annoyed about pushing on a scum-read makes a lot of sense as town whereas not sure how that sort of frustration by a little bit of suspicion makes sense as scum there. The jump back to Starbuck in shows that his reads aren't static and that he's actually re-reading and re-considering everything which is a big town-tell. That should be enough.

In post 409, Staeg wrote:Re: Regfan's 345 - again, for the millionth time I ask: how is posting 10 posts of 50 words worse than 2 of 250?

People generally look at the number of pages first, if they see the game has exploded with 10+ pages they're more inclined to want to replace out or procrastinate instead of getting to the game (Pappums is a perfect example of this) whereas walls and longer posts do much less of that and in worst case the people with less time or who are lazier can just glimpse/skim read them (Which they shouldn't do!) so it's much less harmful.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Amrun »

GHAHAHAHEAHEAHAA

HERE I AM, BITCHES

So excited

No idea what's going on in-game, though! It will be at least, minimum, later tonight until I have time to read it.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:21 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

Regfan, you didn't post a lot in Chrono Trigger Mafia, correct?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:23 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 427, Shadow1psc wrote:Regfan, you didn't post a lot in Chrono Trigger Mafia, correct?

Content wise? Majority of it, anything that was more than 2-3 lines long was mine but post number wise I was only about 1/4th of it.
Shadow1psc
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Shadow1psc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:27 am

Post by Shadow1psc »

In post 428, Regfan wrote:
In post 427, Shadow1psc wrote:Regfan, you didn't post a lot in Chrono Trigger Mafia, correct?

Content wise? Majority of it, anything that was more than 2-3 lines long was mine but post number wise I was only about 1/4th of it.

Yeah, you and Farady are pretty polarizing. I find myself agreeing with you, that last post especially, but there was something I didn't like about your posting in a different game... Good Vs. Evil maybe. Were you town there? I seem to recall thinking you were scum in some game for posting too... nice I guess would be the word? But I ended up wrong. Can you point me to a scum game of yours?
"I value knowledge, logic, and deceit. I love to pursue wisdom but also to manipulate and deceive. At my best, I am brilliant and progressive. At my worst, I am treacherous and cold."
Pandora
Pandora
Goon
Pandora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:28 am

Post by Pandora »

In post 413, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 412, Pandora wrote:It's all well and good to say that but if some of us didn't take it seriously the game would never progress to the point where people can get reads and have 'for serious' cases. (as far as I'm concerned it's been long enough, a few days and 17 pages should be more then enough to find scum)

If it were that easy, why, town would never lose. I'm trying to get the simple notion across that too many people are preaching their scum hunting as the word of god and that nothing of real consequence has happened
yet
that doesn't come in the form of relational tells as data the be analyzed on a later game day. That's what day one is, 90% of the time. I'm not arguing that people shouldn't talk, and if I thought that I simply wouldn't post or talk about things ever day one, and I do believe solid town reads can be gained in situations like this, but quite often the people 'acting scummy' day one are simply pushed and the real scum lay back and let it happen, and that's where you start finding your real data, inside the people who aren't making
any
noise. Yes, this sounds very much like 'just lynch lurkers day 1', though I think my point is a little more elaborate, maybe something closer to 'lynch the people who don't stick out'.

Crummy argument? Maybe, but I then invite you to point me to a game where you successfully nailed scum day 1 and got them lynched day 1 using solid evidence.

Captain Ajax, Team Mafia 2012: The Scummies (Mini Theme)

-- Quilford
Eddard Stark
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Eddard Stark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Eddard Stark »

Daznak's Pit is the biggest and most extravagant of the fighting pits in Meereen.

Day 1, Votecount 15

MagnaofIllusion (1) - Shadow1psc
Starbuck (2) - Feysal, redFF
SnowStorm (3) - Plessiezarus, Regfan, Tyene Sand
Minimum (6) - MagnaofIllusion, Salamence20, Hasdgfas, Lyanna Stark, StefanB, Benmage

Benmage (1) - SnowStorm
Salamence20 (2) - Amrun, Minimum
Feysal (1) - Starbuck
BBmolla (1) - Hyperion
Dolorous Edd (1) - Jal
Tyene Sand (1) Mastermind of Sin
Hyperion (3) - Pandora, BBmolla, Staeg
Pandora (1) - Dolorous Edd

Not Voting (5):
Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, Bvoigt, Plum's Yo Mamma, sword_of_omens

With 28 alive it takes 15 to lynch.

• Deadline
    : 3rd September at 11:59pm Ireland time. (GMT+1)
  • Countdown to deadline
    : (expired on 2012-09-03 18:59:59)
  • redFF is V/la until Friday.

CHOOSE HATE!)

MagnaofIllusion (1) - MagnaofIllusion
Tyene Sand (2) - Feysal, Mastermind of Sin
Dolorous Edd (2) - hasdgfas, Hyperion
Feysal (3) - Dolorous Edd, Salamence20, Pandora

Hasdgfas (1) - Shadow1psc
Minimum (3) - Regfan, Tyene Sand, Plum's Yo Mamma

Starbuck (2) - Starbuck, Staeg
redFF (2) - Benmage, Minimum
Shadow1psc (2) - BBmolla, StefanB

Not Choosing (10):
Lyanna Stark, Mockingjaye, Petyr Baelish, redFF, Amrun, Bvoigt, Plessiezarus, SnowStorm, Jal, Sword_of_omens

With 28 alive it takes 15 to 'Choose'.

Prodding Petyr Baelish
Last edited by Eddard Stark on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
War has arrived!

PM me for Dead QT access!
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:33 am

Post by Regfan »

In post 429, Shadow1psc wrote:Yeah, you and Farady are pretty polarizing. I find myself agreeing with you, that last post especially, but there was something I didn't like about your posting in a different game... Good Vs. Evil maybe. Were you town there? I seem to recall thinking you were scum in some game for posting too... nice I guess would be
the word? But I ended up wrong. Can you point me to a scum game of yours?

Yeah, I remember you suspecting me in Good vs Evil, we were both town there. Last scum game I have is Fantasy Camp, haven't been scum onsite in a completed game since, have been scum a few times since in westeroes though but the games are alted and hard to read.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 411, Shadow1psc wrote:Salamence we will
for sure
know about given a few more days (real days, not game days).

I don't like this statement, and I am sure I know why I don't like this statement.

I know what you are trying to do, you are waiting for some kind of post that is either scummy, VI, or both.

Staeg wrote:So, to sum it up, the following players should be dead come massclaim day (preferably within the next 4 days):
Salamence
Dolorous Edd
Hyperion
Shadow

I would still like starbuck to die (who STILL hasn't nameclaimed), but I'm more or less alone there.

Why should starbuck claim at all? He already claimed VT, what more is there for you to find out?

I would like to know why you want DE, Hyperion, and Shadow dead, because I am sure I know you want me dead because of my shitty LyLo play, which is more biased than actual scummyness.

-------------------------------------------------------

So anyways, lets get on to the reads.

Town:
MoI
Pandora
Tyene
Edd
Cow
Lyanna
Molla
Starbuck
Pless
Stefan
Salamence20
Regfan

Null:
Benmage
Staeg
Plum
Jal
Feysal
Pappums
SoO
MoS
Mocking
BV
RedFF
Petyr

Scum:
Minimum
Shadow
Snowstorm
Hyperion
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:38 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

In post 356, StefanB wrote:
MOS: Tell my why this post you quoted is so bad, you can call me dumb if you want, but I don't get it.

I will, as soon as Mina reveals her reasons for thinking it's bad (tit for tat, as they say).

Since you seemed to miss a lot, how much of the game have you read.

Your guess is as good as mine.
Permanent V/LA.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:39 am

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 369, Dolorous Edd wrote:Also,

Let look at the odds...

Why should we choose someone who is town? They are more likly to hit town then scum right?

So why not use this has what is really is a second lynch they has a payment..

We lynch the strongest scum read and send the second strongest to die at the wall..

this increases are chances of hitting scum them giving it to a strong town read and lett him make a guess and end up hitting town..

Does this make sens to anyone else, or all you really all that dense?

I'm trying to figure out what you're doing here. If it's a bit of nervous posturing, you might want to stop as it's not doing you any favors and is going a long way to destroy the town vibes Arthur gave your hydra.

In post 375, Dolorous Edd wrote::P Aww love you too lynna

Assume what you want... I do alot..

Really Pandora just looks bad, from his first post at how he defended the whole multiball slip from fenyal to attaking Arthur for"bandwagon hopping" when Arthur was one of the first two ont he wagon.. go figure huh..

I agree with Aruther that the whole multi-ball comment was off, I agree with Arthur that he looks scummy becasue of it

Why does he look scummy because of it? Several people have defended the multi-ball slip, I have even. Is everyone scummy for defending it?

In post 377, Dolorous Edd wrote:

Later Folks take care and find that scum

This is rubbing me all kinds of the wrong way, Alek.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 380, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 379, Dolorous Edd wrote:Please, by all means, go on believing that makes her look town or whatever, but like Tammy said (I think?), there is not one thing that can be used as alignment indicative.

Just ftr, sucking on Day1 is not a reason for you not being lynched.

Neither is having a meta of acting scummy.

But tell me, what was your read on them before that?

Because unless you seeked council from the oracle of delphi, I really don't see how that post could've at all changed your thought at all...

Then you either didn't read it, or you've never played with Mina. Simple as that.

Actually it's not as simple as that; he's played with Mina and seen her as both alignments. I'm the one who made the statement originally he's agreeing with; Mina, herself, would probably tell you there was nothing alignment indicative in that. Anyone can say, I'm busy but I'll obvtown myself later. And, I'm not saying I disbelieve Mina as I know she has a French test coming up (Good luck Mina, by the way!), but saying it isn't alignment indicative. If she obvtowns herself, then she does, but her saying she can isn't alignment indicative.

In post 385, Plessiezarus wrote:
(Also, Hyperion is GreatJim on the Westeros site, right? Don't really understand the meta-based scum read on him, if that's the case.)

Don't know if anyone answered this, but yes, Hyperion is GreatJim. Oh wait I remember Regfan posting a link to a game they played in on site.

Regfan
- Hyperion was Olivia Dunham in the Fringe game. He was also Aviendha in the WoT game.

BB
- You "played" in the Fringe game right? Did you see Hyperion vote me because I suggested a policy lynch on someone as a very obvious joke early day one? He was the one who gave me a flow chart of scumminess when I asked him about it.

I'm not ready to give Hyperion a town read, but he's a newer player who sometimes jumps on minor things that aren't very scummy and calls them scummy and that should be taken into account. So, it's very much within his play and experience level to not realize that BB was doing a reaction test that is not scummy in and of itself, especially since that's not a typical practice at our site.

In post 394, hasdgfas wrote:
Regfan wrote:I've explained the town-read on Edd already but lets put it this way; I have meta on the posting head, Tammy also has a lot of meta on that posting head, everything they've done ressembles their town play quite strongly and I really suggest you give that a lot of weight. Also their early comments about the usage of the choose is very town and the pointing out of the Feysal 'slip' is a big town-tell as is the fact that their posts and scumhunting show a lot of consideration.

From what I could see, there were about two sentences, mostly saying that Edd would do what you would do, and you liked a couple things that he did(which you repeat here). The meta argument does absolutely nothing for me without you elaborating. I could say "My meta on people posting the way Edd does makes me think he's scum" and it means absolutely nothing. I can't give weight to you saying that his meta resembles his town play because of that.

I know that Reg gives you more input on this, but here's the thing about Arthur. Arthur has a tendency to get overeager and overzealous in a way that usually garners him a bit of suspicion...well a lot here. He jumps to horrible conclusions sometimes about what makes people likely to be scum, has a tendency to not read things, and base his conclusions on that. (Once he tried to lynch me for rping during the rvs stage of a theme I enjoyed and then getting serious once we got out of it because it was scum being nervous or something.) It's frustrating as hell sometimes, and believe it or not he's getting better. He tends to spam threads and sometimes acts in a little overaggressive ways because he feels like he gets the best reads when he gets people to express anger/frustration/etc. He has a tendency to think his reads are rock solid and has a really hard time articulating why he has the reads he has though sometimes he has really good reads.

There's a way that he interacts with people when he's town from when he's scum that's a bit different. He's only been scum three times I believe, and it's been rather awkward when he has. Here's his most recent scum attempt if you like meta http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p4251258 As scum he generally goes between an overaggressiveness that is combined with a weird over angry attitude but becomes complacent immediately and backs down when called out. Basically he's very self-conscious in a way when scum that he's not when town.

I've only seen a couple of slight things that have given me slight pause when reading him which gives me a good feeling overall. That being said, his other head posted. Alek gave me far more bad feelings than Arthur did, but I still think that given time to interact with them I can get an accurate read on the entire hydra. I'm pretty sure I've been the driving force behind lynching Alek all but one of the times he's been scum when we've played together and that was mainly because I was focusing on his partner and got night killed before I could broaden my suspicions. Alek has a tendency to come across extremely suspicious though, so sometimes it's harder to get a town read on him unless he drops strong town tells.

In post 401, Shadow1psc wrote:
In post 398, StefanB wrote:That not but the defence of "I am so scummy, I can't be scum" is still worst.
So beeing unhelpful und checky is now a towntell?
Shadow try another explanation?

How about the explanation of, the game isn't even 3 (real) days old and people are trying to actually use limited amount of interaction in a 28 player game to pinpoint behavior as either 'scummy' or 'town', as if the game has been going on for weeks, or some mystical mindset is able to actually tell you I am scum, much in the way I've been called out for calling Mina town (which I never actually said she was, just that she shouldn't be lynched because Mina is easy to read in later days).

I haven't even properly read the whole thread, I just find it amusing that we have MoI and others trying to throw their weight around so early when no one knows jack shit for any reason on day one. Deal with it.

Okay two things. Do you actually believe that Mina is so easy to read? Because I'm not sure where you're going with this. Mina is fairly readable, but she can play a decent scum game when she wants to. But you're acting like Mina fumbles along like an idiot when she's scum spilling so many scum tells it'll be obvious. If that were true, Plessiezarus wouldn't have added that they *think* they would have a better read of minimum if Mina started posting.

Second - I remember you in GvE having a couple of scum reads on day one. CooLDog especially, so I'm trying to figure out why you keep preaching that there's nothing to know.

And, for the record, I've been able to get some decently strong and accurate reads day one.

In post 404, Minimum wrote:
In post 378, Regfan wrote:CES, I don't find anything in your posts even slightly town, convince me I'm wrong?

I'm being far too lazy to be scum.

PFFT. Reckoner was too lazy to be scum in Scummies too...wait. Also, are you going to say you're random vote hopping as scum in the WoT game was you being active and not lazy?

In post 409, Staeg wrote:I'm mildly... not suspicious, I guess, but... troubled? by the fact that snowstorm doesn't want to read the previous games to "keep an objective PoV," when he has already played with about 1/3 of the playerlist on the Westeros forums.

I'm reading SnowStorm as scum, but I want to interject here a bit because it makes sense to me why he wouldn't. At Westeros, we always play behind alts. There are very very few times we play altless. We also have quite strict meta rules. We can't out another person's alt or our own. Sure, we have codes and things to get around some of the rules when we have meta reasons for why we read people the way we do, but we can't use that as part of our cases or arguments at all. You know how people go, "In GvE, you behaved this way, so I believe xyz here?" We can't do that there. So, because we are accustomed to play without meta - and our hilariously bad altguesses of each other has hindered games in the past - it makes perfect sense why SnowStorm wouldn't want to read any past games to get an unobjective PoV because that's how we're conditioned to play this game.

-------

WELCOME AMRUN :CARTWHEELS: :P
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:12 pm

Post by Minimum »

In post 436, Lyanna Stark wrote:PFFT. Reckoner was too lazy to be scum in Scummies too...wait. Also, are you going to say you're random vote hopping as scum in the WoT game was you being active and not lazy?

Yeah, Reck is pretty uncool (it should be fairly obvious this tell isn't supposed to apply to everyone?). And the WoT thing was me being overwhelmed, not lazy.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 437, Minimum wrote:
In post 436, Lyanna Stark wrote:PFFT. Reckoner was too lazy to be scum in Scummies too...wait. Also, are you going to say you're random vote hopping as scum in the WoT game was you being active and not lazy?

Yeah, Reck is pretty uncool (it should be fairly obvious this tell isn't supposed to apply to everyone?). And the WoT thing was me being overwhelmed, not lazy.

Overwhelmed? I'm not following. It's not like you're new to the game.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Minimum »

Overwhelmed by the pace.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 439, Minimum wrote:Overwhelmed by the pace.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:35 pm

In post 440, Salamence20 wrote:

I thought this was pretty obvious. Then again, not that surprising that Tammy can't understand basic implications when she's trying really hard to paint someone as scummy.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Note to all games: I'm probably not going to post much (if at all) for the next 24 hours or so. I need to step away from the site for a bit. I'll reevaluate when I get back.
Permanent V/LA.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 441, Mastermind of Sin wrote:

I thought this was pretty obvious. Then again, not that surprising that Tammy can't understand basic implications when she's trying really hard to paint someone as scummy.

:? Do you even know what you're talking about?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Post by Benmage »

ditto-ing off MoS :P i don't know if you all know... i've been off work since saturday and dont start till sept 5... so i'll have plenty of time to own this thread... i just was out in montauk and drove home.. so i'm wiped. Expect pwnage tomorrow.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 443, Lyanna Stark wrote:
In post 441, Mastermind of Sin wrote:

:? Do you even know what you're talking about?

I mean because if you knew anything about me or what we're talking about, you'd know I'm trying to determine someone's alignment not paint anyone to be any way. It's probably hard to get that when you barely read the thread though.
Minimum
Minimum
Goon
Minimum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Post by Minimum »

(I don't think it's necessary for me to sign this post.)

Mastermind of Sin
, I explained what bothered me about Tierce already. Look up my answer yourself. Since I only mentioned one issue, you can enlighten us on the others (as can Cow, while he's at it). However, that was pretty much the
only
thing that bothered me about Tierce--the rest of her play felt very protown. I can buy her explanation, so you voting and choosing her solely because Cow said he didn't like that post looks lazy and disingenuous.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I thought this was pretty obvious. Then again, not that surprising that Tammy can't understand basic implications when she's trying really hard to paint someone as scummy.

Are you saying you have a scum read on Tammy? Do you believe that one quote in which she misinterpreted the word overwhelmed (which was a characterization of his play in a
completely different game
) is even remotely alignment-relevant?

StefanB
, I never said that I was obvtown
now
. (CES might have, but I think 25% of what he posts in a Mafia game is for his own amusement. <_<) I'm only confident that I won't be lynched today because I've been wagoned many times as town on D1 for making an awkward first post, and the wagon
always
, without exception, completely dies out by the end of the day.

(By the way, Tammy, you could at least have the courtesy to pretend that you're so paranoid of me because I'm a master of manipulation or something, rather than "Mina is easy to read, but her posts up to now have still been alignment-null." :cry:)

MagnaofIllusion
, are you setting me up to go, "Yes, sheeping is scummy!" only for you to go, "Haha! You scummy scumbag,
CES
just admitted to having sheeped Regfan!" (Actually, I don't remember if he'd admitted to it in the thread, but anyway.) It seems like multiple players in this game are bold-facedly admitting to not reading the thread and just sheeping whatever case the first player who looks town makes (which I find not so much scummy as antitown, although my other half would disagree with me). I think something like a
meta
read is worth sheeping if multiple people say, "Yes, this player is acting in character with his town self," because if you've never witnessed it. But yes, consistently voting for whichever players are getting heat at the moment is something of a scumtell, because there's a common breed of scumbag who's always looking for an anonymous place to park his vote.

As for your theory (which actually didn't occur to me at the time)...all right, let's check.
Salamence
, what was your motivation was for 1) voting Minimum, and 2) Choosing MagnaofIllusion in your first post of the game? While you're at it, you also didn't answer most of the questions I asked here.

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Well for someone who accuses me of ‘selective reading’ this is pretty interesting interpretation of my response to you. Please by all means link to ANY post I’ve made this game that indicates directly that I have claimed to be Confirmed Town.

Fine, I just ISO'd you, and that was hyperbole--you never claimed to be confirmed town. You
did
imply that my questioning why you self-Chose was suspect, as though I should have realized you were town. For example, here and here.

Believe it or not, I asked you why you self-Chose
because I wanted to know why you self-Chose
. I wasn't convinced it was a scumtell by any means. It might have been an emo "everyone hates me!" self-Choose. It might have been reaction-fishing. It might have been an attempt to diffuse the momentum against you by doing something to win town cred. I thought it seemed out of character given how much you'd have looked forward to this game (and also given that I'd expect you to be too proud to acquiesce to people calling you a "policy lynch"), so I pressed you on it. How exactly could an explanation from you hurt?

More coming, but I'm saving it for another post. (Also, I've still got no studying done whatsoever for my French test this evening.)
Hyperion
Hyperion
Goon
Hyperion
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:29 pm

Post by Hyperion »

Alright well

@ mod: V/LA for at least a week, college starts tomorrow...

and I'm spending tonight rushing to find textbooks I was too lazy to buy earlier
will try to keep up, just don't know what my schedule will be like
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Post by Feysal »

Damn it. For every page I read, another seems to pop up, and this wall just keeps growing when I never have an opportunity to post fully caught up. I've had enough for one night, this goes up now, even though I'm still behind.

In post 237, Tyene Sand wrote:I've played with Tammy before. She is a decent scumhunter, but gets too wrapped in emotions during the game. Would I trust her with a gun N1, if she is town? Yes. Would I have her out of the game N1? Yes.

I have also played with Tammy before. I would trust her with a kill, but I would not want her out of the game this early. She is one of my strongest town reads, and I would have her with me in LYLO if I could.

In post 317, SnowStorm wrote:I think one of the advantages of not knowing who I'm playing with is that my reads are unbiased. Reading other games they've played in would probably change that.

I'm of the exact opposite opinion. I rely on meta a lot, and I'm glad to have played with more than two thirds of the playerlist before. You and Dolorous Edd are notable exceptions I'm having trouble establishing a read on. I see references to you having played before with some of the people here, but I have no idea what those are about. Where exactly have these games taken place?

In post 323, Minimum wrote:Feysal, which posts did you think were me, out of curiosity?

I was not really paying attention to which of you was posting, although I thought you had posted more often. Two of your three were obviously yours, and CES also claimed that the first post was by you, which looked downright weird. Anyway, if I had seen any obvtown posts, I think I'd have recognized if they were yours.

In post 323, Minimum wrote:However, let it be said that if you suspect me because "asking MoI why he self-Chose was soooo scummy!" (not because you thought it was a waste of a question, but because MoI was so obviously towwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn for daring to self-Choose with no explanation), then you are
dumb

That is not it at all, not for me anyway. While I believe MoI to be town, it is not because he Chose himself and then asked for a scum motivation for doing so. It is not difficult to predict that him being Chosen would never happen, so Choosing yourself would be an easy way to obtain town credit. But as said, I believe him to be town, for generally making sense and for being less confrontational than I'm used to seeing him.

In post 332, Jal wrote:On a side note, I feel like I'm missing out on the meta Minimum goodness.

Checking out A Feast for Crows would be a good start. Mina was an innocent child, as twisted as it is to call Cersei Lannister that, but I had her pegged her as obvtown long before she was revealed as such. I'm not seeing it here yet, though I am fine with giving her time.

In post 342, sword_of_omens wrote:Of course Scum will not kill scum… but why wouldn't you want to try and kill scum the first time? I don't get it. If we hit scum the first time, we win... we've already killed one... we don't have to hope on the suicide vig, because we have already killed scum.

What MoI is saying makes much more sense in context. He was answering Dredd, explaining why it was a bad idea to lynch on policy and Choose based on suspicion, rather than the other way around.

In post 358, Minimum wrote:Feysal, do you think that Tierce disagreeing on proper Choose theory is an alignment tell, and why? Also, thoughts on Starbuck's VT claim and self-Choose? I'm not particularly interested in whether you scum-slipped, but I feel like you've been attacking people for differences in Mafia theory instead of for behaviour that's scum-motivated.

My original Choice on Tierce was due to her not wanting to direct the assassin, for a reason that was so nonsensical it seemed like an excuse. It was not much to go on, but enough for that early. Now though my Choice remains on her because her behavior seems unlike what I just saw from her as town in an ongoing game. For one thing, while I don't know how I expected her to react to my post #224, I did not expect her to ignore it completely and quietly move off my wagon.

As for Starbuck, I don't think much of her claim or her Choosing herself. That is the kind of move I could see coming from inexperienced scum under pressure, as a last ditch effort. Her posts are still almost exclusively defensive, and her thought process as mysterious as ever. At the very least I would want to see her start posting something not related to how to use Choices, but I don't think I want her alive in endgame either way.
Lyanna Stark
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Lyanna Stark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:41 pm

Post by Lyanna Stark »

In post 446, Minimum wrote:
(By the way, Tammy, you could at least have the courtesy to pretend that you're so paranoid of me because I'm a master of manipulation or something, rather than "Mina is easy to read, but her posts up to now have still been alignment-null." :cry:)

(Also, I've still got no studying done whatsoever for my French test this evening.)

:P Did I say that? I responded to someone who said you were easy to read with that you were fairly readable but could play a decent scum game when you wanted to. I know you can play a good game and be manipulative when you want. Besides, I don't think you're
that
easy to read.

And good luck on your test! :]

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”