Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 11:18 am

Post by Sketchwick »

vote: willows_weep

Seems to have too much to do with mod and I hate underscores.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:53 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

unvote: willow's_weep

vote: big_kahunia

Ok, our mod is JEEP, that's fairly close to weep, his daughter is willow (she is still too young to log on mafiascum and choose her own nick) I know JEEP in real life and a couple of other players do too, I feared willow's_weep was an alternate nick of one of those other people, which I'm also opposed to.

As far as underscores being lame, it's about using them or not, not the number you use.

HOWEVER, seeing willow's_weep's avatar and what not, I doubt I know them, so I'm changing my vote to another underscorer and also I get to start a bandwangon by not listening to Fuldu.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 24, 2004 8:14 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

vote: Mr_Gnome_It_All

to see what happens

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:11 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Unvote: MGIA

vote: thoth

I'm too lazy to comb through mafiascum to look at thoth's history, but the newer he is the more guility he looks to me.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:30 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

I voted MGIA for absolutely no reason. I even stated so. Gslam and Thoth followed me and it's possible one or both could be scum looking to lynch non-scum as easily as possible. A lot of things are possible right now. If I only voted for people when I had a steller good reaon I wouldn't vote much, and that's just no fun, since a lot of people are in the same shoes as me. No votes would mean no game. Or many deadlines and an easy mafia win.

Worse off the people who are good at catching badies never reveal how they do it, so if there were a good reaosn to vote for someone now we'd never here why.

Thoth joined the bandwagon and then retreated from it when some bad things were starting to be said about how unfounded it was. Could be Thoth is scum trying to be overly agreeable. Maybe not. Who you want me to vote for? No one?

Tough.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #5) » Sat May 01, 2004 8:20 am

Post by Sketchwick »

FLying Dutchman did you mean Gslamm?

I'd be happy to lynch either Gslam or Thoth right now....assuming people continue to not post let alone vote and JEEP WILL create a deadline. :(

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #6) » Mon May 03, 2004 9:10 am

Post by Sketchwick »

So post 203 explained nothing to anyone questioning my votes?

hmm

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #7) » Wed May 05, 2004 9:43 am

Post by Sketchwick »

unvote: thoth

vote:mneme

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #8) » Mon May 10, 2004 9:53 am

Post by Sketchwick »

vote: talitha

to see what happens

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #9) » Tue May 11, 2004 8:55 am

Post by Sketchwick »

"To see what happens" is close to not having a reason, but it is SOME reason. And my voting for Thoth yesterday certainly was not without reason. And my vote for mneme had an even better reason.

As for my vote today I wanted to vote somone I'm suspicious of that hadn't had light shed upon them yet and also to test if it is possible gslamm had to bandwagon. Except I doubt a role like that would be used by jeep.

As to my own role I assure you I'm able to vote however I like, and nothing in my role should have stopped MGIA from investigating me.

Nothing more for now.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (isolation #10) » Tue May 11, 2004 8:13 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

MGIA: on what night(s) did you investigate somone who is now dead? I just had an idea why you didn't get an investigation result for me.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #11) » Thu May 13, 2004 2:20 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

I was thinking along the same lines as Morpheus. MGIA could be mafia giving up a friend to be set as cop in our minds. Nothing in my role should prevent an investigation.

I was sorta trying to trap MGIA with my last question. He sated earlier that he knew he was sane. The only way this was possible is if he had investigated an innocent that is now dead.

Since that is his story he is either legit or clever mafia. As for why he failed I see no reason not to suspect mafia tampering. Too much of a coincidence his investigation failed right after he claimed.

Obviously it could be a doc side effect too. I wouldn't put it past JEEP to come up with a new type of role.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #12) » Thu May 13, 2004 6:05 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Jeep, I'm assuming Cadmium was having trouble posting and posted as Cadmium's Specter, could you confirm this?

sketchwick

PS How is putting 1 vote on Talitha midless bandwagoning?
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #13) » Fri May 14, 2004 11:22 am

Post by Sketchwick »

How many mafia can we expect to force into a role claim? Maybe 3? If so that would be 3 chances that they claimed the letter MGIA actually has. These chances would be from 5 to maybe 10%

I think the possibility that MGIA is mafia warrents a name claim on his part, since if he IS mafia it will be much harder for him to lie, and if he doesn't lie we can compare his character to Silly Sammy Slick.

I also might as well mention that I re-read the thread last night and came up with an interesting theory. What if the mafia were required to rhyme on day 1? Mneme suggested everyone do it, and we know he was mafia. This suggestion obviously would have provided the mafia with some cover as Nanook and Uraj45 joined in the rhyming fun and were not mafia.

Of course if the remaining mafia were rhymers

ZONEFACE
Big_kahuna
Cadmium
Willow's_weep
Talitha
MGIA

it would make sense they kill the non mafia that went along with the rhyming to "proove" their innocence (at least possible innocence).

The scary part about this theory is if the mafia were required to rhyme the town might not have any cop type roles.

At any rate my vote stands as I am most suspiscious of Talitha....and she certainly does seem to be interacting with MGIA in a strange way. Maybe everyone will understand what I mean if they re-read the thread and imagine the rhymers are mafia.

I initially gave the stock reason I've been using to vote for people today because I was so pleased at how the previous day went.

sketchwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #14) » Sat May 15, 2004 10:51 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Goddamn it I feel like a jackass. I don't care that the rest of you lazy ass mafia players aren't participating in a game you signed up for, *I* should be keeping track of the iron fisted rule of our mod and make sure my town doesn't get screwed by too short days.

Since I have 2 votes and will be lynched at deadline with 4 I will go ahead and tell everyone I am Warren Wiggins. Goddamn mason.

My hope is we can get 4 votes on talitha by deadline.

No lynch sucks for town. Lynching a mason sucks for town. Get off your ass and play.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #15) » Sun May 16, 2004 9:09 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Notes to mod: the thread title says no deadline. This last vote count there should obvioulsy be two votes for gslamm and MGIA is still voting me.

Which brings me to Talitha. My reasons for wanting Talitha dead are

1. She's a rhymer. This might mean nothing, but if it does mean something the town will be oh-so-happy.

2. My initial suspiscions of gslamm and thoth were based on the bandwaggon jumping when I put a second vote on MGIA. Turns out Talitha put the first vote on MGIA. If you check the whole thread there is this weird interaction between Talitha and MGIA. Almost like she is prompting him to say things he is unsure whether he should say or not. (Are you a cop? Were you told you were sane?)

I'm suspcious of MGIA because he supposedly investigated and found mneme guilty on night two, but if you look back he voted me first! What kind of a cop finds someone guilty (a cop who supposedly was told he was sane....oh but that's not good enough, THEN he happened to investigate the guy who died night 1 AND goes on to remark how odd it is that two killing parties targeted the same person) and goes on to vote for some random loudmouth?

You guys know what a lassie role is? Lassie targets somone and is told "where the went that night" Lassie roles can be useful to find mafia. Say a lassie role targetted MGIA night one. They would be told MGIA visited the dead guy. Now that certainly points to MGIA being mafia. But wait! MGIA's story is that he's a cop...he was investigating the dead guy. Convienient, huh?

Also, MGIA is a rhymer and I still wonder if there is something to that.

BUT, it's possible he is a cop, and I have no desire to lynch a possible cop at this point. Since I see a connection between Talitha and this suspisicous possible cop, I think lynching her would be good info. If she is clean I'll be less suspisicous of MGIA.

BTW, I went back and looked at all of gslamm's posts. While I can see his behavior being suspicious I can also see it as just a more active townie too. This is a larger game and his "reckless" votes aren't as bad then. He's thrown votes everwhere and stated that his own suspiscions haven't gone anywhere so he's been helping with other people's bandwaggons. (shrug)

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #16) » Sun May 16, 2004 9:13 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Double post to correct myself: it was mneme (known scum) who asked MGIA if he was a cop. It's just in the same format as Talitha asking if he was told he was sane. (shrug)

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #17) » Sun May 16, 2004 2:22 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

well hell.

I'm tempted to vote for MGIA. Investigating the dead guy is just so convieninet. And he voted me after finding mneme guilty? AND he won't name claim?

What's anyone else think?

Anyone?

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (isolation #18) » Sun May 16, 2004 3:37 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Well I'd like to lynch talitha or MGIA before I lynch gslamm. It might be best to lynch MGIA, but the problem is if I switch to MGIA and one person on the talitha wagon follows me come lynch time we might end up with 2 on each wagon and no lynch.

Participation is so low we got ourselves into an unretractable deadline. I think at least 2 people haven't even posted day 3.

What I don't understand (and feel freew to respond talitha) is if talitha IS a cop and she wasn't told her sanity how she leans toward thinking MGIA is telling the truth.

If I feel paricipation is high...if I see a lot of posts and I feel people are around...and they think MGIA is better I think it might be better to lynch him over Talitha.

But I feel like I'm being forced to lead the town...and I'm just a stupid mason.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #19) » Sun May 16, 2004 3:41 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

double post because I forgot to remind:

Mod: bloojay is still opn players list.
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #20) » Sun May 16, 2004 5:26 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

This would be more fun if deadline wasn't up in about 12 hours and talitha and I weren't the only ones playing.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #21) » Sun May 16, 2004 5:46 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

ZONEACE, if you are mafia congratulations on playing....if you are town then please explain how no lynch is possibly good for the town since you aren't voting....

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #22) » Sun May 16, 2004 8:43 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

I think I'd rather lynch MGIA. But I'm not sucre I should risk no lynch.

Talitha, if you are cop remember to tell us who you investigated.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #23) » Sun May 16, 2004 10:33 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Screw it.

unvote: Talitha

vote: MGIA

If talitha is scum and we have no lynch today I sincerely apologize to the town. I promise you though, as long as I am alive we will never be sent into an unretrackable deadline for 24 hours of inactivity.

I'm going to bed.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #24) » Wed May 26, 2004 9:38 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Morpheus is indeed the 3rd mason.

I'm going to wiat until tomorrow to vote or anything though, as I'll be able to re-read the whole damn thread without paying 20 cents a minute to do so.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #25) » Thu May 27, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Sketchwick »

How does everyone feel about a name claim from ZONEACE, cadmium, and gaspode? It may help the mafia but I feel we had so many roles come out recently that now might be the time to overwhelm them with innocents. For example if we have another turtle claim it's possible they will be able to "confirm" each other innocent due to how the "some protection" was told to them.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #26) » Fri May 28, 2004 8:15 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Yeah I totally disagree with Talitha on the turtles point. The best example that immediately springs to mind is DP's Dune Mafia where Freemen were able to "clear" each other based on how their roles worked. Perhaps Talitha doesn't feel DP qualifies as a good mod, and then we have an entirely different diagreement....

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #27) » Fri May 28, 2004 10:38 am

Post by Sketchwick »

You thought I meant to say jeep? I didn't. Talitha clearly implied that jeep was a good mod and good mods protect against many townies with the same roles from being able to clear each other. I used DP as an example of a good mod who obviously didn't "protect" against this in Dune mafia.

Is anyone opposed to name claiming? If not I say cadmium then gaspode then ZONEACE name claim.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #28) » Sat May 29, 2004 11:59 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Too clever for me. Fortunately I can wait for cadmium OR talitha to tell me the role now.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (isolation #29) » Sun May 30, 2004 4:08 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Seems name claim has turned into full claim, with zoneace the only one who hasn't claimed, I think he should full claim too...

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #30) » Sun May 30, 2004 10:40 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

We should hear zoneace's investigations too, ya?

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #31) » Mon May 31, 2004 9:12 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Ok, first I think it's fairly obvious that zoneace and gaspode should both target big_kahunia tongiht. The T line leaves little other room for any other T characters. I suspect we will be able to "prove" the turtles innocence in this way.

Is it also faily obvious that the P roles should target each other and gslamm should flip a coin and target one of them?

The problem I'm having is that I can't really see a use for Willow's weep role block, and maybe it is best to just lynch him. I think I'd rather lynch cadmium though. I'm very suspicious of people who eat people on nights there was no mafia kill.

I should also mention my other theory that I think is very consistant with everything we have seen so far. Zoneace and MGIA are in fact mafia together, BUT zoneace does in fact find out peoples names. Since he cliamed last and knows there is no lassie role he can claim he investigated whoever he wants. So here is the hidden mechanic I think might exist: the mafia gets to choose how their death scenes show up. So it's possible zoneace targetted willows_weep on night 1 and the mafia choose to have the kill show up as "many attackers" night 2. Does anyone know if it's likely bloojay would target willow's_weep?

It's also quite possible that Fuldu has the ability he says but is still mafia. However if he is going to continue to post brilliant recaps and deductive reasoning, I say he is the LAST mafia we lynch. :) Hmmm....can his ability help the town though? I can't see a way right now.

I must say things look good for the town if it weren't for the fact no one claimed the kill of the mafia. This is very odd indeed and it reminds me the mafia may have more tricks than I can possibly imagine.

Hmmm....I just realized Willow's_weep could be mafia with a role blocking ability which would explain why gaspode got no result one night (w_w simply lied about targetting)

Maybe we should just lynch w_w. But not now. Still need to hear other people's ideas.

Cadmium, why did you kill uraj45 when you did? Can you choose to kill every night? No more kills? I realize this info helps the mafia but you have to realize your kill coming on a night with no mafia kill is super-suspicious. I hate incomplete claims.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (isolation #32) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:03 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Well once we confirm one of them that confirms a lot of other peolpe so if they check each other that helps confirm more when one of them eventually die.

But if we do lynch w_w today maybe it's better to have gslamm protect a non cop if w_w is innocent. That way non of the mafia we assigned to investigate somone can claim they were blocked....if they are both mafia with gslamm.

(shrug) I think we are good to go and should lynch w_w but I want to hear agreement on my plan or a better idea....

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (isolation #33) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:31 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Hmmm....I was saying don't protect the cops if w_w is innocent....seems like you were assuming....or maybe you know w_w is innocent....

Hmmmm.

Still want to here fromn cadmium too, he should be back in a day or two.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (isolation #34) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:54 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Yeah looks like MGIA, zoneace, and gslamm are mafia.

Bow to the list. :)

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (isolation #35) » Mon May 31, 2004 5:57 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

double post to ask anyone on w_w wagon to unvote, and ask Big_K if he thinks it's likely there were no docs this game un just semi portected turtles....

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (isolation #36) » Mon May 31, 2004 6:46 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Good turtle.

You know, has anybody else listend to JEEP reading to his daughter and thought, "That's the FIRST time I've EVER heard a man say, 'Give it to daddy,' and it was TOTALLY innocent.

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:39 am

Post by Sketchwick »

Holy crap I never did think there was two mafia. But I do now. Which means up to 4 of you could be lying.

At this point it seems the mice have been killing turtles. Turtles are my friends.

I hope you bad guys kill a lot of each other tonight.

Vote: willows_weep
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 11:26 am

Post by Sketchwick »

vote: big_kahunia

Warrenwick
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:05 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

Yeah, I'm totally clueless. Although I like to be pleasantly suprised...."oh...we won? with 6 town members left? wow"

I second cadmium's nomination for best vigilantee. Truly amazing.

I still can't believe jeep made a role he told some cop they were sane, what's the fun in that?

Kinda mean to mafia to mention docs when none existed...didn't help that their spy claimed doc. :)

Great game, jeep.

(bows to cadmium)

sketchwick

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”