Put a face with a name!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #0) » Sat May 15, 2004 9:38 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I'm officially convinced that DP is definately one of those "old spirit" sort've guys that are extremely smart, probably has a life-time achievement award or two of some sort, and spend their free time traveling all around the world to exotic locals.

And i bet he has great sex, too, to top it all off.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1293 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:51 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Moderately is putting it lightly.

I like the American flag in the background. Quite the sociopolitical commentary on the disenfranchisement of today's youth in relation to this country's actions at home and abroad which have successfully established the said nation's role and place in the world as a model for how one should act in their own societal group at the local and individual level.

Bam. I just usually string together words and hope it comes out coherent. I generally impress people who only semilisten to what I say, so I'm pretty much hot shit in the world of eight year olds.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3470 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Whenever I feel my world turning upside down, like I don't know which way is up and I'm slowly sinking into a drowned pit of despair... I come to MS where I know the one thing I can always find and rely upon, the one thing that shall always be prevalent: Shea's brutally honest opinion. In spades.

And then? Things just make a little bit more sense. And a coldness hardens my heart and I can face the world again.

It's like taking a open air shower with no hot water in the middle of the Yukon. Refreshing.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3480 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

It's not the act he's criticizing (complementing another), it's the way in which it's done (with such gag-reflex inducing fervor). I think Shea is being a bit of an asshole, but that's what he does. But he does have a point. Nobody in this thread - male or female - is going to find themselves on a magazine cover. Not ever those crazy goth/indie/punk magazines. But, based off of the usual reaction you'll see when a decent looking female puts up her picture, that's the caliber of beauty you would expect to see.

It's a completely and totally disproportionate reaction to the photos and in any normal forum (that is, an actual meeting place, not the internet variety) that type of reaction to someone's physical appeareance is actually inappropriate and absurd.

Basically, what happens here when a modestly attractive female posts her picture is the online equivalent of a bunch of horny guys tackling the girl to the ground and slobbering all over her, but claiming it's simply your way of appreciating their beauty. Or some other ridiculous claim to excuse such behavior.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3486 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Thesaurus: No, I'm saying as much as those cultures want to be anti-mainstream, there's an underlying, universal current of what humans (at least of those of us brought up in a majority Anglo-Saxon culture) consider "beautiful." And nobody on here would make the cut.

I do support rabbling, though. So carry on, citizen.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3502 (isolation #5) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:25 am

Post by Green Crayons »

DGB wrote:Also, kindness, intelligence, compassion, etc., are all human qualities that add essential beauty to a face, but not immediately apparent in a snap shot.
I agree 100%, which is why the knee-jerk reaction by a bunch of hormonally driven boys reduces the value, depth and significance of character of the girls and women as human beings who post their pictures to simply their appearance.

Other than that, Shea's just being a jackass to make his point. His standards are apparently exceptionally high, and more power to him I guess. It doesn't excuse his behavior, but simultaneously it also doesn't negate the (valid) point he's making.
Kmd wrote:Picture me meeting Zazie in life and complimenting her with something like, "You look really pretty". Now if I said that, would a bunch of people come up to me all, "YOU ARE WRONG YOU HORNY BASTARD. SHE'S JUST OK LOOKING"? No. They wouldn't. Therefore, your point FAILS.
You're making this singularly about yourself. Which it isn't. It's about the general reaction from a large section of males who needlessly fawn over females who post their pictures. To take your example, any time an above average attractive woman was to walk into a room, anywhere between 5 and 10 gents would rush up to her and compliment her in a variety of ways: from a simple "You look pretty" (which, by the way, is a little creepy anyways to tell someone when you just meet them... but we'll just go with it being a normal compliment) to stroking their hair while telling them they are most precious. Just because you're complementing someone in a manner in which you see to be perfectly normal, that doesn't mean you aren't adding to the wave of creepiness that oozes from the very pores of this thread upon occasion.

elvis wrote:How is this not an insult?
Because he's not naming names so people can think that they don't fall under his "most?" I dunno. Like I said, Shea's being a brutally honest jackass. And you don't have to agree with his opinion on beauty, nor do I think he's asking anyone to do so. But focusing on that point is really failing to see the forest through the trees.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3508 (isolation #6) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:36 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:Like I said, Shea's being a brutally honest jackass
He strikes me as the sort who would walk up to a person in a wheelchair and point out that they can't walk.
And then he would point out the fact that he would never sleep with someone who couldn't work their legs on their own.

Doesn't change the fact that his lack of a filter doesn't affect his ability to actually call crap out when he sees it.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3513 (isolation #7) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:49 am

Post by Green Crayons »

The Mighty Thesaurus wrote: "It has always been the prerogative of children and half-wits to point out that the emperor has no clothes. But the half-wit remains a half-wit, and the emperor remains an emperor." - Neil Gaiman
"The history of an oppressed people is hidden in the lies and the agreed myth of its conquerors." -Meridel le Suer
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3515 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:02 am

Post by Green Crayons »

No accounting for taste. :(
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3524 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

OGML: I take back my words... Come home with me!
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3920 (isolation #10) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

This is from about a month ago when I hit up Disney World. I'll let you guess which one is me. Hint: I'm standing in a weird position because I had this strange feeling that James T. Hook was a 16 year old girl on the inside.

If you look closely you can see the soulless robot gleam in my eyes.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3930 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:20 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Mirth wrote: Also, is that a Dale hate eating your
friend
wife's head? Do you have a bigger picture of it?
We actually counted, and over the weekend seven random people asked us if we knew Dale had turned rabid (or some variation thereof).

shaft wrote:Actually they're all HS/college students working part time. Many of which are gay color guard members (OK the three that I knew).
This one had small, delicate hands. Led me to believe the gender was of the female variety.
Shea wrote:I always thought GC was a girl.
I can always be a girl for you. <3
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4109 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

That photo actually strikes me as incredibly creepy.

No insult or jibe intended. Just... :|
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4380 (isolation #13) » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:26 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Alright, haven't posted a pic in a while, so here's one for the ladies:

...Hunh. I got a FB friend request from some guy in Charleston, Illinois a day or so ago. I was like, "who the fuck is this?" I clicked on his profile, saw the 1k+ friends, and declined the friendship. I swear his profile picture was this ^.

... Are you stalking me through the internet?

Edit: Brandi reminds me of Humbert Humbert's Lo.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4385 (isolation #14) » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Mirth wrote:
Green Crayons wrote: Brandi reminds me of Humbert Humbert's Lo.
This is probably one of the most disturbing things I have read on MS. Congratulations, you have actually made me cringe.
I think it's an unnerving picture for this very reason.

Mastermind of Sin wrote:That probably was me, I recently just added a bunch of people through the "add people from your aim buddy list" function on facebook.
Oh. I didn't know you were on my AIM. Hunh. Oh well, missed opportunity to extend seldom contact through tangential eletronic communication! I hate when that happens.

Return to “General Discussion”