Put a face with a name!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #3475 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:28 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I thought tajo had a girlfriend.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #3476 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:29 am

Post by JDodge »

populartajo wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:He says to the guy who used to be engaged.

Of course your standards are less than mine. You're a nerd virgin who gets off to the thought of alpacas.
Hahahaha.
You dont really think that, Quo. You are just wrong and you used ad hominem to defend a retarded point.
And no, this is not about standards, this is about TELLING YOU IN YOUR FUCKING ACNOID FACE that you are wrong.
hint hint: when people feel personally offended, they tend to get defensive; defensiveness is a way of coping with outside stressors

this would not be a stressor to you did you not think it were talking about you

you were never implicitly mentioned

therefore you actually feel that you are the sort of person he's talking about, but you don't want to think that way and you become defensive to reduce your amount of cognitive dissonance regarding your values of "i am a lecherous creep" and "nothing wrong with telling someone they're beautiful, right?"
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
The Mighty Thesaurus
The Mighty Thesaurus
Townie
The Mighty Thesaurus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3477 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 am

Post by The Mighty Thesaurus »

Not to mention that they're can be something wrong with calling someone beautiful, if it's reaching the levels of fawning that has allegedly been occuring in this thread.

There are far too many poorly defined variables involved in human interaction. That's why I generally side with Aram from Men in Hats.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3478 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:35 am

Post by populartajo »

Jdodge wrote:crap about me getting defensive for a comment
TSQ wrote:Of course your standards are less than mine. You're a nerd virgin who gets off to the thought of alpacas.
Standards less than mine : Debatable.
Nerd : No.
Virgin : No
Get off to the though of alpacas : Hell no. :)
Tajo wrote:Just want you to know that commenting in a nice pic of a lady that play games with you is not the same that being sexually frustrated.
Anybody not agreeing with this is retarded or is fighting a lost battle.
Last edited by populartajo on Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3479 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:37 am

Post by populartajo »

elvis_knits wrote:I thought tajo had a girlfriend.
I do. Ill be posting pictures soon.
Call me Tajo.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3480 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:39 am

Post by Green Crayons »

It's not the act he's criticizing (complementing another), it's the way in which it's done (with such gag-reflex inducing fervor). I think Shea is being a bit of an asshole, but that's what he does. But he does have a point. Nobody in this thread - male or female - is going to find themselves on a magazine cover. Not ever those crazy goth/indie/punk magazines. But, based off of the usual reaction you'll see when a decent looking female puts up her picture, that's the caliber of beauty you would expect to see.

It's a completely and totally disproportionate reaction to the photos and in any normal forum (that is, an actual meeting place, not the internet variety) that type of reaction to someone's physical appeareance is actually inappropriate and absurd.

Basically, what happens here when a modestly attractive female posts her picture is the online equivalent of a bunch of horny guys tackling the girl to the ground and slobbering all over her, but claiming it's simply your way of appreciating their beauty. Or some other ridiculous claim to excuse such behavior.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3481 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:41 am

Post by Oman »

Green Crayons wrote:Whenever I feel my world turning upside down, like I don't know which way is up and I'm slowly sinking into a drowned pit of despair... I come to MS where I know the one thing I can always find and rely upon, the one thing that shall always be prevalent: Shea's brutally honest opinion. In spades.

And then? Things just make a little bit more sense. And a coldness hardens my heart and I can face the world again.

It's like taking a open air shower with no hot water in the middle of the Yukon. Refreshing.
Erg0?!? Ahhh fucksticks!

ITT Shea gets all hot under the collar about nothing.
ITT Tajo goes fucking nuts about nothing.

ITT Green Crayons makes me LOL.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3482 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:44 am

Post by populartajo »

Oman wrote:
Green Crayons wrote:Whenever I feel my world turning upside down, like I don't know which way is up and I'm slowly sinking into a drowned pit of despair... I come to MS where I know the one thing I can always find and rely upon, the one thing that shall always be prevalent: Shea's brutally honest opinion. In spades.

And then? Things just make a little bit more sense. And a coldness hardens my heart and I can face the world again.

It's like taking a open air shower with no hot water in the middle of the Yukon. Refreshing.
Erg0?!? Ahhh fucksticks!

ITT Shea gets all hot under the collar about nothing.
ITT Tajo goes fucking nuts about nothing.

ITT Green Crayons makes me LOL.
:lol:
Call me Tajo.
The Mighty Thesaurus
The Mighty Thesaurus
Townie
The Mighty Thesaurus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3483 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 am

Post by The Mighty Thesaurus »

Green Crayons wrote:Nobody in this thread - male or female - is going to find themselves on a magazine cover.
Not ever those crazy goth/indie/punk magazines.
Are you saying that goths aren't as attractive as other people? RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3484 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:49 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Thestatusquo wrote:I really love how every time a girl posts a picture in here the hoards of sexually frustrated teen age boys all decree how "beautiful" she is. It's 100% predictable.
Hoards or hordes?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3485 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:51 am

Post by Hoopla »

I love this thread.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Thesaurus: No, I'm saying as much as those cultures want to be anti-mainstream, there's an underlying, universal current of what humans (at least of those of us brought up in a majority Anglo-Saxon culture) consider "beautiful." And nobody on here would make the cut.

I do support rabbling, though. So carry on, citizen.
Gorrad
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Gorrad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 am

Post by Gorrad »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Thestatusquo wrote:I really love how every time a girl posts a picture in here the hoards of sexually frustrated teen age boys all decree how "beautiful" she is. It's 100% predictable.
Hoards or hordes?
Certainly not hordes. It's the Alliance who consist of sex-deprived teenage boys playing female Night Elves.

Though I suppose those goddamn Blood Elves have evened the scales a bit...
I will not assume everyone with blue eyes has Mako poisoning
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:57 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Thestatusquo wrote:Because they're not.

For the most part, with a very few exceptions, every girl who has ever posted in this thread is at best slightly above average, and most of them are downright unattractive.
Why do you need to hurt their feelings about their physical appearance, something they have no control over? That's really not very nice of you.

Also, kindness, intelligence, compassion, etc., are all human qualities that add essential beauty to a face, but not immediately apparent in a snap shot.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3489 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:58 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Mirth wrote:I found them already bu
OH COME ON.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #3490 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:03 am

Post by JDodge »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

For the most part, with a very few exceptions, every girl who has ever posted in this thread is at best slightly above average, and most of them are downright unattractive.
Why do you need to hurt their feelings about their physical appearance, something they have no control over? That's really not very nice of you.

Also, kindness, intelligence, compassion, etc., are all human qualities that add essential beauty to a face, but not immediately apparent in a snap shot.
If they feel they have no control over their physical appearance, then they probably won't get offended over it. Just a hint.

also WOO LULZTAJO HAS HIT THE DENIAL STAGE
stream

populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #3491 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:08 am

Post by populartajo »

JDodge wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:

If they feel they have no control over their physical appearance, then they probably won't get offended over it. Just a hint.

also WOO LULZTAJO HAS HIT THE DENIAL STAGE
Hahaha.
NO.
Call me Tajo.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #3492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:09 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Can I have the last three minutes of my life back?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #3493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:10 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

populartajo wrote:Why the hell does thinking a girl is beautiful and post it mean that you are a sexually frustrated guy?
populartajo wrote:And why my idea of beauty should be the same as yours?
Good luck finding the girl of your dreams, pal. :)
populartajo wrote:Even more, how is this related with being sexually frustrated?
populartajo wrote: Just want you to know that commenting in a nice pic of a lady that play games with you is not the same that being sexually frustrated.
Have a nice day, sir.
I'm actually with Tajo on these posts.

There is a line though.
Green Crayons wrote: Basically, what happens here when a modestly attractive female posts her picture is the online equivalent of a bunch of horny guys tackling the girl to the ground and slobbering all over her, but claiming it's simply your way of appreciating their beauty. Or some other ridiculous claim to excuse such behavior.
Actually, my response to Zazie was similar to what it would be if I actually saw her in life. I'd give a compliment.

Now ask yourself this.

Picture me meeting Zazie in life and complimenting her with something like, "You look really pretty". Now if I said that, would a bunch of people come up to me all, "YOU ARE WRONG YOU HORNY BASTARD. SHE'S JUST OK LOOKING"? No. They wouldn't. Therefore, your point FAILS.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

kmd is like 1'000'000x better than pbug.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #3495 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 am

Post by elvis_knits »

DrippingGoofball wrote:

I'm just wondering why Shea doesn't want tajo to tell girls they're beautiful. I feel like Shea is trying to take the moral high ground here, like we shouldn't comment on attractiveness because it's somehow demeaning. Then he goes on to say we're mostly ugly, which is way more insulting.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #3496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:15 am

Post by JDodge »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Green Crayons wrote: Basically, what happens here when a modestly attractive female posts her picture is the online equivalent of a bunch of horny guys tackling the girl to the ground and slobbering all over her, but claiming it's simply your way of appreciating their beauty. Or some other ridiculous claim to excuse such behavior.
Actually, my response to Zazie was similar to what it would be if I actually saw her in life. I'd give a compliment.

Now ask yourself this.

Picture me meeting Zazie in life and complimenting her with something like, "You look really pretty". Now if I said that, would a bunch of people come up to me all, "YOU ARE WRONG YOU HORNY BASTARD. SHE'S JUST OK LOOKING"? No. They wouldn't. Therefore, your point FAILS.
That depends on your context.

If you were to go kindly up to her and say something like that in the context of normal conversation, then yes.

But if you were to go up to her with the massive string of drool hanging out your mouth and say "hur hur hur you're pretty" then I would say that you are indeed acting like an undersexed teenager.

Guess which category most people on MS fall under?
stream

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #3497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Personally, I'd be in the first category. If we are still comparing actual events, I was talking to her, she showed me the picture, and I gave a compliment. If it happened in life, it would be equivalent to giving a compliment in normal conversation.

I did say that there is a line though. I agree that
some
people take things too far. I honestly haven't seen anything too terrible so far though.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #3498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Jdodge, I would prefer being told I was pretty by a horny teenager, than be told I was ugly by a stupid ass.
Talk nerdy to me.

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3499 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:20 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Not taking any moral high ground.

I just think it's dumb at all, and I'm usually pretty candid.

Also, DGB: As is your norm, you ignored a couple of important parts of my post.

1) I named no names. So I didn't insult anyone.

2) I said a range which included "Slightly above normal." Which is not really up there among what I would consider a "withering insult"

P1: You mama is so fat, she has her own orbit.
P2: Yeah, well, you're slightly more attractive than average. So there.

See my point?

3) I said there were a couple of exceptions. If people want to think those exceptions are them, they can feel free to knock themselves out. Like I said, I named no names.

Really, the only person I'd say I've been mean to in this thread is Tajo.

*shrug*
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner

Return to “General Discussion”