Micro 824.2: Grand Idea Mafia (The Reroll) [Finish]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Post by Scoobert D Doobert »

VOTE: Singletonking

Very Serious Vote >:[
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:53 am

In post 13, Korina wrote:
In post 11, Nako wrote:Let's make a massclaim

I am a VT
This is also a mod-confirmed message.
Nako is a Super VT. Flavor later.

Also thanks for reminder Nako, was rushing to start day.
Nice.
In post 18, singletonking wrote:VOTE: DrDoLittle

Entrance is awkward, seems that he is unaware of the Super VT
In post 22, singletonking wrote:Oh I think I phrased it badly

I mean it looked like Dr got new information when mod announced the super VT. Town will be less surprised than scum because all the town will have rolled VT. Scum don’t have advanced warning of this.
This explanation makes no sense to me. I'm a VT, and I was surprised by this. Unless I've got this wrong, there are thousands of roles to randomly choose from in the Great Idea thread. It's pretty plausible that someone may not know exactly what this role does.
In post 28, Irrelephant11 wrote:VOTE: singleton
Not seeing what you're seeing about DDL, kinda sounds like you're making it up

@Nako I think only the Super VT gets "all town roles are now vt" in their role pm

@RCE why did you self vote?
#TownVibes
In post 29, singletonking wrote:Okay I’ll make one last attempt to explain:

At the start there was no Super VT announcement, so DDL didn’t know about it. Then when the Super Vt was announced, he made some posts. It seems that he was not warned beforehand (I.e. got a VT pm) about the Super VT, and it makes more sense as scum who is learning more information about the setup.
What posts are you talking about, specifically? #6 is an RVS post and #8 is just a delicious picture. Nothing about those tells me "I am not a VT". Where did you get that?
In post 30, singletonking wrote:@RCEnigma
Why haven’t you unvoted yourself already?
Some good redirection here. I like my vote where it is.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:01 am

In post 35, nonny wrote:It’s posisble that scum could be thrown off by the super VT but it’s also possible in this kind of game to be less black and white as that. Such as a neutral role with its own win objective, as we already saw possible in the 1.0 run of this game. So feel Singleton is being opprutunistic but running that small thing up as a scumtell.
Ding ding ding ding

In post 36, RCEnigma wrote:I think the reads a reach, why do I have to be involved in your scumread? And why is my input more important than any other slot?
In post 37, RCEnigma wrote:I'll nip this in the bud. I think at this point we have no choice but to lynch them both.

In post 39, RCEnigma wrote:And the good doctor.
I was with ya until this point. Why are you creating a false dichotomy here. Has Dr. said anything in a vacuum that looks scummy to you?
In post 40, singletonking wrote:
In post 39, RCEnigma wrote:And the good doctor.
If you think my read on DDL is a reach, why do you want to lynch him?
This also
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:02 am

Nako
- Conftown

Irrelephant
- Town

DrDooLittle
- Leantown
Nonny
- Leantown

RC
- Null, maybe very slightscumlean after this weird voting method.

Single
- leanScum
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:03 am

Vax / Invis wya
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #51 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:21 pm

In post 48, RCEnigma wrote:Was just trying to get you to admit your scumread wasn't as solid as you thought.

Right now I'd lean irrelephant and Scoobert slight towns. I don't necessarily think singleton is scum but I can see the pivot from either alignment especially considering the attention that was turning on him.

Nako can be town too I guess.

Also Scoobert you quoted 39 and 40 which made it seem like I was voting DDL while my vote was clearly on Singleton I just want to make sure there's no confusion there.

UNVOTE:
What's your biggest scum read right now?
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:43 am

In post 62, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 41, RCEnigma wrote:Well if you think he's scum then we trade one for one right? I think that's a town sided exchange unless it's like 5 mafia 4 town, then we'll...unfortunate. To be fair I'd rather vote you first hence the vote.
You know, the more this gets posted, the worse it looks.

How does this point of view make any sense from a town perspective? Especially if it's not a reaction test?
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:43 am

In post 69, singletonking wrote:DDL’s to 57 make me want to vote him. I don’t like how he completely ignored my earlier accusation of him.

RCEnigma currently has me conflicted. I got some scum vibes from his earlier posts but townvibes from his later posts. Overall I find his playstyle quite weird and I can’t read him as of yet.

I find Irrelephant’s scumhunting to be quite genuine, so he’s a townread.
In post 70, singletonking wrote:I think I want to UNVOTE: nonny, and
VOTE: DrDoLittle again
also Sorry BnL, but this really is scumposting.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:46 am

Post 69 (nice) is about almost nothing. It mostly amounts to "This person is town because he's doing town things" and "RCEnigma could either be town or scum"

And then the second backtrack back to Dr.DoLittle, who was the original thing he backtracked.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:49 am

you're voting him for not responding to an accusation, like right after you'd already said "nevermind this isn't a strong read at all"
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:51 am

like to me, my main issue with BnL (Single) this game is that

A) It really seems like you're doing nothing to solve the game
B) It seems like as soon as somebody questions your kind of shoddy reasoning, you just pull out altogether and try to redirect it
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #89 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:38 am

In post 78, singletonking wrote:If you’re saying that you didn’t like my reads because they were too generic, that’s because I’m tired right now. I’m recollecting pings I got earlier when I wrote them. If you want I can explain them better tomorrow.
Well i mean have you been tired all game? Not tryna grill you, but to me it just seems real easy for a scum member to sit on the fence all day and give out things that seem like they're hot takes, but in reality it's just "I think you're town because you are scumhunting". It's like biting into sandwich and it's just bread. So now, who knows what kind of sandwich it was?

Just my POV. Maybe tomorrow your stances will jump out at me more!
In post 83, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 71, Scoobert D Doobert wrote:
In post 62, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 41, RCEnigma wrote:Well if you think he's scum then we trade one for one right? I think that's a town sided exchange unless it's like 5 mafia 4 town, then we'll...unfortunate. To be fair I'd rather vote you first hence the vote.
You know, the more this gets posted, the worse it looks.

How does this point of view make any sense from a town perspective? Especially if it's not a reaction test?
OK so the progression from my side was very linear.

A.) Not a good scumread from Singleton on Doc

Insert post, if Singleton believes this is a solid scumread then stick by it, if not let it go.

B.) Singleton realizes this was not a good basis to firm a scumread.
I guesssss.
So you weren't really gonna just lynch one or the other
In post 84, Vaxkiller wrote:Sry I jsut bought a new house an dmoved in over the weekend, then got sick as shit, feeling better now and will be more active now i promise!

Am I the only one that is thinking if we kill Nako we might get our powers back?
Congrats on the house vax! Sorry ur sick. Moving is a bitch. Etc.

Am excited to see what you and inv have to contribute.
In post 86, RCEnigma wrote:It gets complicated because we don't know what we're up against. Or what town has for that matter.

The most troll thing I can think of is we are forced to lynch Nako and everyone is vanilla town anyway.
Yeah. How about let's not lynch the IC
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:43 am

@Korina

Would a hypothetical Scum team have daytalk?
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:28 am

In post 133, Aeronaut wrote:Oh lmao no I actually legitimately forgot that we didn't have it from the other game. I was legitimately curious.
Welp
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #14) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:30 am

@Nako the early push on doc was really bad as I've already expressed.

RCE are you joking when you say that nako can be conftown for now?
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #156 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:40 am

In post 136, nonny wrote:
In post 128, Nako wrote:Nope, it's serious. Don't you guys remember that I was mafia with Scoobert in first game? He knew we did not have a daychat. The only reason for asking that can be for clearing themselves.
Okay, this feels better. The push did feel awkward.

The alt postings are throwing me off lol
Which push?
In post 138, RCEnigma wrote:Does it make a difference? What if I said I wasn't, does it make it scummy if I say "the mod confirmed town isn't confirmed town."?

Silly questions like this are throwing me off. Regardless, Scoobert can you go ahead and give like a quick readlist or is your previous one up to date?

After that I'll bring my issues up to you and you can address them as you see fit.
It's NAI. I was asking because you keep saying things like "Are we gonna try to lynch the IC" and "The IC may or may not be confirmed", and that muddles our ability to sort you.
In post 149, RCEnigma wrote:I'd rather be read on my content, fwiw.

Doing this from the phone so there won't really be direct quotes or posts but my issues with Scoobert.

Early page 2 Scoobert gives a couple of reads focused on singleton. Gives a townvibe one off about Irrelephant and a few posts later lists his reads on order with no context as such:

Nako - (confirmed so meh no brainer)
Irrelephant (Im assuming based on 28 alone?)
Drdoolittle (for literally nothing I can think of except being singletons first target. Considering dr had no game relevant content at this point)
Nonny (which I liked as a fresh read and is one I agree with but that might be looking at it retroactively)

Myself as null (fair I hadn't explained the method behind my actions yet)
Singleton scum (doesn't necessarily rub me wrong that this is his scumread however his reading it the play around his scumread seems warped? If that makes sense. Maybe I can explain it better.)

71 and 89 kind of go together. I still stand by trading 1 for 1 as protown, unless we are in a maf majority game which would be an autoloss anyways so doesn't really matter. Either way it is literally the best outcome you can hope for in the event of a mislynch, the alternative being you get scum right the first time.
Huh? In #83 I thought you said that this was a way to get singleton to realize it wasn't a solid scumread? But now you're saying you'd actually lynch one than other? Which is inherently always going to be Anti-Town. It makes no sense from a scum perspective to create a dichotomy a couple pages in and say "Yep lets lynch em both! One's gotta be scum!" because that's not necessarily true.

Nako's read made me reconsider Scoobert, I thought the comment was nai at the time but that doesn't stand now imo. If I take his push against Singleton (who is almost universally scumread afaik, so there isn't much credit to be gained there.)
I'm not trying to "gain credit". I was the first one to start the push in the first place. What are you talking about here?
then there isn't much more to Scoobert game. Asking Vax and Invis where they were was the closest to scumhunting I get from his ISO. Which was part of his issue with Singleton.

I'm actually interested in his comment about Daytalk was meant to tie into a read he felt he had. If you could comment on that it would be much appreciated.
I almost always try to check in about this with the mod. A game in which scum have daytalk and a game in which they don't will be incredible different. You can read certain patterns differently depending on if they do (and sometimes it's actually much easier to read some thing if they DO have daytalk, since I've found that often times, they'll try to work as a pair.)
Uhh summary scumreading singleton doesn't feel like scumhunting if it's everyone's scumread, reads don't have value if the reasoning can't be discerned, daytalk question is sketchy in isolation and In the context that the previous game lacked it with Scoobert as scum.
Again, it's only everyone's scumread because I decided it was my scumread first. My vote hasn't changed since page one. So what are you really talking about?
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (isolation #16) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:38 am

I'll go through my current thoughts on the game.
Nako
is
conftown
. Awesome.
Irrelephant
is pretty close to that in my eyes, currently. He reads as pretty obviously
town-motivated
since he's clearly asking the right questions and trying to sort people. An awesome example of this in Post #143 IMO. Specifically, I think if he were scum it'd be real easy to just jump on my wagon, or to slip into the crowd since a lot of the players in the game are kind of coasting by right now. Also, I just feel like his read progression makes a lot of sense as compared to some people, e.g. he has an actual progression and isn't just skipping around backtracking every three seconds. Nonny looked pretty town to me because of posts like Post #35 because of her kind of questioning Single for trying to take one little thing that didn't make sense in the first place and acting like it's a whole damn read. Since then, Nonny is asking questions of people sure, but isn't engaging too much in the bigger conversations at hang (excpet for her most recent post). For now,
Nonny
=
Slight Lean Town

My early tone townread on DrDoLittle has dropped to
Null
because looking back, most of his posting is setup spec based, and his only push is a naked meta push on Irrelephant. This is essentially NAI to me since a lot of people tend to think saying "X only does Y as town!" actually really means something, when in reality, it almost never does (except in a few cases).
Vax
and
Invisibility
are essentially the same to me. They both have contributed very little tbh, but they both have their reasons why (Vax was moving/sick and Invis forgot this game existed). I'm really waiting for them to start playing the game, though.
Null.
P.S. I actually think Vax's jump onto my wagon is mostly NAI, just because I can definitely imagine being super far behind in a game and just jumping on the wagon as something town or scum could do.

RCEnigma
and
Singleton
are both
Scumreads
to me. Singleton for many of the reasons I've posted before, but a TLDR; Singleton's votes and opinions seem to exist for sake of existing. Singleton is trying to show us he's playing the game instead of trying to interpret the game (e.g., actually scumhunt). He has a lot of comments such as "I like the flow of this post"
which mean absolutely nothing. More likely, he's following the grain of what everyone else wants him to do, and trying to fit in, and often is fence sitting (such as his reads on Dr. and on RCEnigma).

RCEnigma
is another person not trying to solve the game. His game currently reminds me of a Serial Killer game of mine a couple years ago; e.g. You'll notice in this game, I spend a lot of time doing only two things: making jokes and asking a LOT of question of individual people. The thing about RCEngma is that he is asking LOADS of questions, but it never amounts to anything. There's never followup, and half the time, the questions don't even have to do with anything that would indicate alignment. Generally, that might only ping me a little, except that I also feel like the way he came onto my wagon was really odd.

A) RCEnigma jumps onto me because of Nako's thing
B) RCEnigma mentions he has "multiple" issues with me, but he won't tell us what they are until I provide a readlist.
C) Takes my early readlist and agrees with every single part of it (although maybe not the methods I guess?)
D) Basically boils it down to that he thinks I'm not giving enough reasoning for anything, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me in the sense that I've written quite a bit about my thoughts on my scumreads, and also compared to RCE himself and many people in the game who are just sort of piping along giving naked votes, I feel like I'm not that lacking.

E.g., I feel like RCEnigma formed his read on me backwards. It honestly feels to me like he took the opportunity to jump on the wagon, and then quickly tried to drum up some reasoning later, especially since he seemed to forget that I'm the first vote on my scumread. It just feels like he's really not reading the game, therefore not trying to sort anyone, therefore not town.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #17) » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:42 am

Yeah, I mean regarding the daychat, I already mentioned my reason for asking that. If you don't believe it, there's not much I can say to convince you, but regardless it'd be a dumb reason to attempt to lynch someone for.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #18) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:42 pm

In post 160, Nako wrote:BTW Nonny is a town
What makes you say that?
In post 166, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 164, Scoobert D Doobert wrote:D) Basically boils it down to that he thinks I'm not giving enough reasoning for anything, but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me in the sense that I've written quite a bit about my thoughts on my scumreads, and also compared to RCE himself and many people in the game who are just sort of piping along giving naked votes, I feel like I'm not that lacking
Before now this is absolutely not true. Nothing in your previous posts explained any process in your reads. I had to make assumptions for every single one Except for singleton. I really only wanted your readlist to see where Doolittle would fall and it's about where I expected if I suspect a possible partnership.
Below are all the posts you've made regarding your reads. Besides with BnL, you do not explain a single read or thought whatsoever.

Spoiler:
In post 37, RCEnigma wrote:I'll nip this in the bud. I think at this point we have no choice but to lynch them both.

In post 48, RCEnigma wrote:Was just trying to get you to admit your scumread wasn't as solid as you thought.

Right now I'd lean irrelephant and Scoobert slight towns. I don't necessarily think singleton is scum but I can see the pivot from either alignment especially considering the attention that was turning on him.

Nako can be town too I guess.

UNVOTE:
In post 53, RCEnigma wrote:That invisibility guy is a little fishy.

VOTE: invisibilty VOTE: heya Invis, did you roll mafia this time? Does anyone else know you're mafia?
In post 129, RCEnigma wrote:Hmm actually I hadn't considered that it wouldn't be tied to the setup and would have to come from one of the mafia roles itself.

I actually like that read a lot more now

VOTE: Scoobert

I guess I can bump you back up to confirmed town in my list Nako...for now.

Why do you think it's scummy to not give full reasoning when you've given none for any of your reads besides singleton? In fact, this is true for the majority of the people so far in the game (since we're still just a few pages in), yet you don't scumread them?

It just seems like you're making things up.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #220 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:49 pm

In post 178, RCEnigma wrote:
Singleton Im not following you at all. From your perspective there has to be one scum between myself, Scoobert, and drDoolittle. I don't get your pokes towards Nonny or Invis and I would assume Vax is next on that list. None of it is producing content and just comes off as weak scumhunting.
This is a pretty good read, though. Also sort of my issue with him this game.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #221 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:50 pm

Ok RC after our tiff though actually does seem like he's trying to do something, which actually is a lot more than a lot of people are doing rn.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #222 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:52 pm

Alright, I want to do this right now.

VOTE: Vaxkiller
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (isolation #22) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:53 pm

Reads are the same as in my RL post, but I want to sort this out right now.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #23) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:09 pm

In post 226, singletonking wrote:I'm not really scumreading Vaxkiller, but pressuring him at this point is certainly not a bad idea.
this.

Feel free to join!

Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:36 pm

Ok we can lynch you would that give you enough bearings

e.g. do something please or replace out
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:28 am

In post 242, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 238, singletonking wrote:
In post 213, RCEnigma wrote:
For this post specifically.
I'm not seeing what's town about this post. What are you seeing here that I'm not?
I guess just the amount that he doesn't care about your read. I think one of the first thoughts from scum is to placate the slots that are scumreading them. Invis just does not care and it reads Townie to me.
Actually, all of these things are pretty NAI. If anything, I think IMO town are more likely to care about a scumread because they KNOW it's bullshit, and real easy to see through since you know they're wrong / lying.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:57 am

ok so irrelephant is town
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:59 am

Yeah so I agree with that Single is our best lynch here, but I really want to sort Vax out. The longer his question mark stays in the game, the harder it's going to be to do anything else.
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 am

@Nonny

No, I think we were all thinking that Vax is pretty shady and needs to contribute before that? Did you not see that too?

Also, Nonny your thing about it being the same roles doesn't make any sense to me. You weren't scum last time, so you would have automatically known if the Super VT was involved?
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #264 (isolation #29) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:52 am

ok so vax is actually probably scum
Scoobert D Doobert
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Scoobert D Doobert
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #30) » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:59 am

You're actively posting and doing nothing to solve the game.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”