Micro 864 | The Newsroom | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:35 am

Post by apthet »

Hello everyone!
VOTE: Skygazer
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:39 am

Post by apthet »

Skygazer finding you as town from that interaction seems kind of unjustified and trying too hard to "get something done" quickly. RadiantCowbells's attitude towards his vote feels to me like town more working off of a feeling and being relaxed about it, which feels more genuine.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:50 am

Post by apthet »

I'd say somewhat serious?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:18 am

Post by apthet »

I'm also northsidegal
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 75, OkaPoka wrote:i think apthet's necessity to have information pried out of him is bad

but

he might be new
I am an alt, and also a 'she', and I think that both you and RC are more likely to be town!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #5) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:13 am

Post by apthet »

VOTE: Something_Smart
I think that almost every post that Something Smart has made this game has been some level of suspicious.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #6) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:15 am

Post by apthet »

What's your playstyle?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #7) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:25 am

Post by apthet »

In post 182, Something_Smart wrote:You literally asked her for comments one minute after her first post...
This post read to me like someone who is trying to play the part of a rational person.
In post 183, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 104, RadiantCowbells wrote:honestly i want someone to post who i can townread.
:mrgreen:
Definitely reading into this a bit more than I maybe should, but I thought that responding to this was you sort of subconsciously showing discomfort.
In post 191, Something_Smart wrote:You really shouldn't be townreading him at all unless you have extensive experience with him.
I felt like this was you trying to discredit a potentially strong town player early on, to establish breathing room.

I can see how this is a part of your playstyle, but more importantly, your immediate response about it being a playstyle definitely makes me think that you're exasperated town who gets this a lot!

VOTE: Nimueh
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #8) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:01 am

Post by apthet »

I feel like my votes have been put to use! Maybe not good use, but at least okay use.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #9) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 222, Nimueh wrote:Still no reason for your vote on me? How does this constitute “good use” exactly?

VOTE: apthet
Considering how agitated you are about it, it seems to be doing something.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #10) » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by apthet »

To be honest, I'm... kind of concerned and very very surprised at how you're reacting to this wagon? I would say that three votes is really not a huge deal and you're getting extremely aggressive about it and also making posts that are rather inattentive (asking people who aren't voting you to take their vote off you, not knowing my role, generally misinterpreting the events of the game).

I have no idea how to interpret that and I think that looking at any past games you've played would help me figure it out, which I definitely plan on doing. If I had to guess, you telling everyone repeatedly that you're town and generally wildly accusing people of things seems... genuinely town?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #11) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:56 am

Post by apthet »

In post 202, Something_Smart wrote:For the record, my response to RC there is because I'm extremely easy to read for someone who knows me well enough (and RC does).
Now knowing that RadiantCowbells scumreads you, do you have anything to say revisiting this?

And UNVOTE: Nimueh
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #12) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:59 am

Post by apthet »

In post 327, Something_Smart wrote:Not really. I had you as slightly south of null but I don't really think I know you enough to read you... and I'd like to think that RC would be able to read me better but he has pulled this shit before as town.
Never mind, I suppose this is an answer.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:02 am

Post by apthet »

VOTE: Something Smart
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:38 am

Post by apthet »

Say Something Smart is mafia and RadiantCowbells is town, does Smart draw attention to Radiant's ability to read him correctly early on in the game like he did here? That's the one thing that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #15) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by apthet »

I think Nimueh is town and Radiant seems town as well. Oka also seems town. I thought Something Smart was town, but the fact that he said RC could read him almost perfectly and RC scumreads him is something that I'm factoring in. I still am struggling with it because if Smart really does think RC can read him perfectly, why would he have the confidence as scum to bring up that topic?

I don't really trust GuiltyLion, Enigma, or singleton either, nothing they've said have made me think that they're town. I'm somewhat torn on Skygazer, I think that this seemed like a pretty town statement:
In post 325, Skygazer wrote:does enigma lurk as scum? i have apthet/nimueh/SS below null atm but kinda doubt both scum are in there so
Which kind of gave me the distinct impression that she was scumhunting to reach a concrete goal, but I also have trouble really trusting her as well.

Anyway, there's my thoughts, so if you want to vote me I suppose I wouldn't really mind. I've found reading this game pretty unpleasant.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #16) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by apthet »

UNVOTE:
I think if Smart is scum then RC might actually be a legitimate partner -- but I can't fathom why they would decide to play something risky like this either. I just think that Smart might be town.
In post 243, singletonking wrote:I don't know I don't have strong reads right now
Aside from this post there's nothing even remotely town in singleton's iso. And this post is not really all that town either.
In post 241, GuiltyLion wrote:this better be a soft for like a doublevoter or something
votes give information and hold people accountable
sitting there Not Voting for half the day phase does not
I think this is kind of a weirdly suspicious post as well.

Looking at singleton, GuiltyLion, and Enigma side by side, I think Enigma is the most town of the three.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #17) » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 442, RadiantCowbells wrote:How can we make it more pleasant
I've been trying to word this right for several minutes -- It's really just Nimueh's posts that are really not connecting with me and frustrating me.

As for SS, do you have any thoughts on why I have trouble believing that he's mafia?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:25 am

Post by apthet »

In post 458, Something_Smart wrote:Well, the simplest answer is "because RC is scum."

The other answer is "because RC can read me pretty well, but not perfectly, and not necessarily right off the bat."

Like I'm not concerned that RC is scumreading me right now, I've only been in the game a few days and I haven't had the chance to interact with almost anyone, but what I'm concerned about is that he's trying to strongarm a lynch on me before I can actually get into the game that much (and he knows full well that I am a stronger player lategame than early).
Does this mean you think that RC has a good chance of being scum?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 472, Skygazer wrote:): apthet you seem cool im sorry if i've been unpleasant at all
You seem cool too! I tried not to come off as complaining about anyone putting pressure on me, which is why I struggled with the wording originally. You've been perfectly pleasant and my emotions didn't have anything to do with anyone voting me or accusing me of any such things.

Open question to all the very experienced people and the people thinking of some combination of singleton/Enigma/GuiltyLion as a possible scumteam: have you played in games before where both members of the mafia were lower-content posters? What were those games like and how did the scumteam work towards their win condition?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:24 am

Post by apthet »

In post 476, RadiantCowbells wrote::V

usually when 1 person acts like a paranoid ass they continue to do that 4 ever
I do agree that if Skygazer is usually paranoid of RC like Something Smart is, but isn't in this game, that could imply that Skygazer is mafia and RC is town. But I also think she expressed valid reasons to give him some breathing room.
In post 503, Enigma wrote:sorry ive been really bad at posting - im really struggling to get into this game state somehow. let me try make some lists
because of that, I can kinda feel where SS is coming from and thats a terrible reason but makes me tr him

based on the one scum!rc game i've played with him, i kinda feel he could be town

i wanna read oka as town, but don't trust myself because of his carefree posting

haven't quite figured out the rest yet, wow im bad
How well would you say you work under pressure (town or mafia)?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Post by apthet »

I'm curious as to why you think I'm scum! Also posting from my phone.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 678, OkaPoka wrote:id prefer if everyone's next post that hasnt done so yet be a readslist
My reads are exactly the same as GuiltyLion, except I am also not townreading GuiltyLion.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:03 am

Post by apthet »

Nimueh, if you read the post before, you will see that I provided reasons because Smart asked me why I scumread him, and if you read my post after that, you will see that I came to the conclusion that he might be town.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #784 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 702, RadiantCowbells wrote:If history has taught me anything it's that when people give me easy townreads that they're scum. I always want to townread these people. they're always scum.
Does this play into your uncertainty on Skygazer?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by apthet »

Does it play into your scumread on me?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (isolation #26) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:42 pm

Post by apthet »

Hm. I think those were probably the answers that make the most sense.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #27) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:47 pm

Post by apthet »

What context are you reading the tone of my posts? Inexperienced player? Experienced player? Stranger? Alt account? Is it independent of any of these?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #792 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by apthet »

Okay. Thank you for talking with me!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (isolation #29) » Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:57 am

Post by apthet »

In post 826, Skygazer wrote:yo apthet u scum??
No, I'm really not. :(
In post 827, Skygazer wrote:apthet, if you had to have one person lynched right now who would it be and why
Honestly, maybe you?
In post 849, singletonking wrote:
In post 847, Skygazer wrote:stk why do you have me so high in ur reads list
No other stronger reads
Your tone seems generally town
This seems almost brazenly shallow at this point in the game.
I'm not quite sure where to place that.
In post 870, RadiantCowbells wrote:Apthet if I bailed off you would you rather lynch STK or Enigma?
That's hard. I think I would primarily actually be interested in Skygazer and GuiltyLion.
singleton seems to be struggling right now but I think that could definitely be a disengaged town. Enigma's posts this game have been far more comfortable, smooth, town-on-the-surface sort of posting (you can basically see this in every post that singleton just quoted).

If I had to imagine either as scum, they'd definitely fit into very different roles. Enigma might be able to fake a strong town tone as scum but struggle with being a driving member of the group, and singleton might be a disengaged scum who is grasping at straws to try and save his status among the town. I think Enigma fits his "scum role" better than singleton does. I hope that makes sense.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (isolation #30) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 897, GuiltyLion wrote:Early on I kinda figured scum would try to project more conftown from the role thing, whereas he's barely acknowledged it or brought it up in defense at all.
1) She! :)
2) I don't really know what the implications of my role are. I understand how it works and how roles were aligned, but I don't see how any arguments towards my alignment can be made. This reason doesn't seem very good.
In post 901, RadiantCowbells wrote:no i want apthet.
If this ends up going through, here's a summary of my thoughts.

If I were a total dictator, my thought would be GuiltyLion or Skygazer for Day 2. Of course then it would depend on the flip and whatever happens, but I would add Enigma, singleton and Radiant for Day 3. Probably with preference for Enigma, though, like I've said before. Mainly I think people should consider theories that don't contain just singleton, Enigma, and Smart, just to stay vigilant.

Here are some weaker, team-oriented thoughts: I would be surprised to see Enigma and singleton be the team. I think GuiltyLion and Enigma makes a decent amount of sense, but GuiltyLion and singleton as a team and currently voting each other is a very unnecessary and unlikely scum move. I think Radiant is plausible with Smart but not with Skygazer.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (isolation #31) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by apthet »

I don't know what I'm doing differently compared to my last game, but part of the tone might be because I'm trying to move away from my current playstyle, but I haven't really found a comfortable or established place to be yet.

That's the reason I asked what lens Radiant was reading my town through. My behavior, natural posting style, formatting, posting: all of it was fake in schadd's game and all of it's fake here. I really do think it's just growing pains. Sorry.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (isolation #32) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by apthet »

Reading my tone through. Not town, haha. Freudian slip.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #940 (isolation #33) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:41 pm

Post by apthet »

For what its worth, as long as Nimueh and OkaPoka are town, I really do think there's a very decent shot at solving the game. I really don't think Day 1 is the time to get demotivated! If anything, the slow and unfocused pace of the game currently means there's a lot to work with regardless of who flips.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #34) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Post by apthet »

I'll also put my money where my mouth is and
VOTE: Skygazer
But I'm not anywhere close enough to confident enough in my read or as a person in general to "lead a push" so I guess I'm doing the frustrating thing and going off on my own. But I will contribute to whatever needs to happen before deadline.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by apthet »

Unrelated but I actually kind of love how the game is like a ghost town during the day and comes to life in the middle of the night (at least in my time zone, anyway).
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #962 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by apthet »

Here's another big thoughts dump before I go to sleep:

I guess it's okay to talk about the claim because it's already been revealed as fake? I saw it and immediately thought, "Oh, he's trying to get the kill because he has some way of blocking it." The fact that it supposedly wasn't that makes it even more weird. I remembered a post that he made earlier and found it:
In post 621, RadiantCowbells wrote:If I wasn't a guaranteed nightkill mafia would be easier
Which could also have been a bit of a joke but I think there's clearly some truth to it, so then the claim as a bid to get killed just seems unnecessary if I'm not misinterpreting the source of RC's frustration? I'm just not totally seeing why he would claim out of frustration and then immediately take it back.
In post 821, Skygazer wrote:rc would my presence be tolerated on ur apthet wagon
This post seemed really, really, really careful, like someone who wants to drive home a wagon but is also very self-aware about the moves she makes in the game. I honestly didn't know what to make of it but it definitely stuck out to me.
In post 961, RadiantCowbells wrote:apthet just makes scumpost after scumpost after scumpost after scumpost this game
Alright then, I'll stop posting. Good night!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (isolation #37) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 am

Post by apthet »

VOTE: GuiltyLion
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (isolation #38) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:12 am

Post by apthet »

Nice timing.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1200 (isolation #39) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 am

Post by apthet »

People with more experience playing with RC: is he usually this jittery and indecisive with his votes?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1207 (isolation #40) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:36 am

Post by apthet »

I think that Skygazer and GuiltyLion are probably not scum together.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1227 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:30 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1211, RadiantCowbells wrote:Maybe nimueh

This is what I was saying though about there being no point efforting b/c everyone had a bunch of level 0 scumreads that they were SO CONFIDENT in
I mean, compared to what? Your super good scumreads that also change every 10 hours?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by apthet »

I think given my earlier attitude towards GuiltyLion it's fairly ridiculous that I'm "implicated" by him. Anyway, I think enigma is the best vote today but I'm definitely going to look back and read the game a little bit.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1283 (isolation #43) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Post by apthet »

Well this is unfortunate.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1285 (isolation #44) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by apthet »

What motivation would I have, as someone who was being scumread by seemingly everyone and their grandma, with 2 on Oka and 2 on Guilty or whatever it was at that point, to move from Skygazer to Guilty? How does it make sense for me to think I can survive to LYLO with such a weak bus?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by apthet »

It seems like trying to argue this is going to be counterproductive for me, then. Okay.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by apthet »

Unless I'm misinterpreting your post and you actually want to hear my altogether far too self-aware argument about what I would do as GL's partner, and aren't just mocking me.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (isolation #47) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by apthet »

Part of the reason I played on an alt was so I could be comfortably and happily underestimated, but it seems I've instead somehow become overestimated. Well, I'm working on a longer post, so I guess don't vote me all at once, people.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1305 (isolation #48) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by apthet »

Actually, hold off on that promised long post. I'd like to get some errands done first!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1334 (isolation #49) » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:46 pm

Post by apthet »

Hi everyone! Here's my long post.

Something_Smart:
Spoiler:
- (Being widely townread) I think that Smart is a townread for many people and I think he's taking that position in a way that makes me more confident that he's town. One thing that I noticed is that he specifically says that he's "obvious town" and I think that mafia would likely be a little more careful about that status and not want to lose it.

- (RC interactions) If Smart is scum, then it seems to me like his big fear would be RC (because now we know that they cannot be scum together). It doesn't seem like he would want to come out of the gate on Day 2 being combative towards him. Also, there's that question that just cannot be avoided as to why Smart would highlight RC's ability to read him if he's scum. These are the things that are making me think he's town.

- (Read on me) Aside from interactions with RC, I did find it weird that he decides that the reason that he decides to downgrade his read from me as obvious town to me as a sorting priority is that he thinks I'm a skilled player. It's definitely a big difference between Day 1, where he stubbornly had me as his top townread in the face of multiple questioning. I think I can understand opinions changing after a night phase though.

- (GL interactions) I also think that Smart's interactions with GL were definitely plausible as a partner, but I think his series of posts after the hammer up until start of Day 2 were also pretty town. Especially this:
In post 1226, Something_Smart wrote:I'm actually kinda annoyed about that hammer now, I don't think GL was the right wagon today at all.
Certainly could be fake, but it fits in the context of his thought process and I think it's likely to come from town.

Skygazer:
Spoiler:
- (RC townread) A part of my suspicion regarding Skygazer was that early on, she said that she thought RC was town, and RC responded that he expected her to be a "paranoid ass" and Skygazer said "Wait, do you want me to be a paranoid ass?" Or something to that effect. I thought that was a very weird response, and I guess this is less in my mind now that she's alluding to some role-related reasons to be not paranoid about it.

I think this is actually very noteworthy (!!!!) for the fact that it seemingly means that RC might necessarily have to be town. Either Sky is scum, which means that RC is town, or Sky is town, which means that she's not lying about her reasons not to vote RC.

- (GL interactions) So Skygazer said that she was reluctant to vote GL here:
In post 1204, Skygazer wrote:still think gl is p low info but w/ 20 hours left i'll swing that way if needed
and immediately followed up with this:
In post 1206, Skygazer wrote:actually

VOTE: GL

claim now

that's L-1
which was the reason I originally said that they were not likely to be partners. I thought that Skygazer would have to either plan out that series of posts or spontaneously decide to bus GL. If they are partners, I think that the first scenario is much more likely than the second, and I think that these two posts could certainly be faked but I just think it's likely that they aren't. I will note that this
In post 655, GuiltyLion wrote:Sky I could go either way on, probably need a flip or two first
is a minor red flag.

- (Day 2) I think that Skygazer, if mafia, isn't in a super good position, and I think she has to take the wagons that she can get. I do think it's somewhat notable that she is the most vote-happy currently. Originally the "nice scumclaim" post was perfectly fitting into this idea that I had of her, but this was shaken by the fact that she seemingly went into my posts, read through them and found a reason to unvote.

Enigma:
Spoiler:
- (GL interactions) I think that this
In post 876, Enigma wrote:ehh i dont what i had that let me try just being original

town
oka
rc
gl
nimueh = ss = apthnet
stk
sky
scum

i don't even like my sky read that much, but mainly because it seems like she is just around and posting but not really getting anywhere.
is a very comfortable place to put a partner. Just above the null pile but not too much above the null pile.

- (Day 1 wagon) Like I said before, I think Enigma as scum is more the careful slippery type (similarly to GL I'm thinking). This also seems like a pretty suspicious reaction to a wagon:
In post 1132, Enigma wrote:yes my activity this day has been meh so far, and im not going to argue against that - but if you are going to vote me make a serious case, and make sure other townies make a serious case too, rather than useless jumps onto me because this will provide nothing useful for town when i flip
Enigma also voted Oka "out of self-preservation" which I think actually could be a post that comes from town. I do think that Enigma is a very plausible partner though and he has been playing a very similar game to GL.

Me:
Spoiler:
I agree that it is likely for GL's partner to be bussing him. I also think it's possible that his partner was not. In any case, I think you can agree that I have the foresight to understand how bussing should go in this situation. To give you an insight into my thought process at the time:

I had made it clear that my two top reads for mafia were Skygazer and GL, Skygazer more so. Here's what happened.
- I voted Skygazer.
- People went off on me for being bad. RC specifically said that I was making "scumpost after scumpost after scumpost."
- Upset at hearing him say this, I decided to go off and sulk in silence until I was prodded.
- When I came back (having continued to read actively in my absence) the town wasn't particularly cohesive and several people were thrown around for voting (Enigma, you (Oka), me, GL).

So in this case, I have several options. If I'm scum, I either want to resign to GL dying and position myself as favorably as possible or do my best to make GL not die. What I did was vote GL without any further justification, right before Nimueh told me that Skygazer wasn't getting wagoned and what I would go to as an alternative. I responded with a lighthearted "nice timing!" Laughs were had. This means that if I'm scum, I'm either
- Not trying very hard to plan for the future
- Actively making a decision that will weaken my position later so I can make this exact argument right now in this post right here.

I think it makes far more sense to do any of the following:
- Fully commit and try to actively get GL killed and position myself into a more active and controlling role in the group
- Stubbornly stick to Skygazer and try to get people to join me
- Switch to another wagon altogether. I do think that saying something like "well, I don't know about it, but I do trust RC so I guess I'll vote Oka" is not as far out of the question as you think, and that Enigma was another possible option).

That's how I view the situation anyway.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (isolation #50) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:48 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1334, apthet wrote:it seemingly means that RC might necessarily have to be town. Either Sky is scum, which means that RC is town, or Sky is town, which means that she's not lying about her reasons not to vote RC.
I'd also refer Smart to this.
In post 1352, Nimueh wrote:Scum didn’t bus in TRO, which was also or in TMBoS, both micros. Do you know any micros where this occurred?
I don't know how this is relevant at all.
In post 1377, RadiantCowbells wrote:SS if there's no possible way to convince you that I'm town by play my alternative is to convince you not to lynch me by making it so ugly that it's not worth going down that road. That's not healthy for either of us. This isn't spite this is how I avoid having to be put in bad situations in the future.
Many people here are nowhere near considering voting you. This is absolutely not your "only alternative" and it bothers me that you think it is.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 am

Post by apthet »

In any case, I think I'm willing to commit to Enigma today.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1429 (isolation #52) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1418, RadiantCowbells wrote:there's a reason apthet isn't really on my list :?
Why?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1431 (isolation #53) » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by apthet »

Interesting!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1500 (isolation #54) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by apthet »

I want to see the case on me!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1502 (isolation #55) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1501, RadiantCowbells wrote:most of it's stuff that would mean nothing to anyone besides me
So, in other words -- not an amazing case?
Either way I'm perfectly willing to vote either Skygazer or Enigma.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1504 (isolation #56) » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:52 pm

Post by apthet »

Fair enough.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1589 (isolation #57) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:55 am

Post by apthet »

Hi, everyone! I'll be here in a few hours to read.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1592 (isolation #58) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:13 am

Post by apthet »

In post 1440, Enigma wrote:im a fruit vendor (but with newspaper deliveries)
i also have a last will (i.e. news report) where i will just include a meme picture if i get lynched with i told you so

last night i sent a paper to stk
I think that a fruit vendor claim will probably never be a lie. It really makes no sense to fake that.
In post 1507, Nimueh wrote:Why does scum!Enigma kill the slot who had him as his #1 townread and was likely never copping him? Makes no sense.
This is a pretty good argument. Reading back, it seemed like singleton wisely didn't specify whether or not a result would be given if he did. I think maybe Enigma still kills singleton to kill a clear and hope to stifle a result, but this is something to consider for sure.
In post 1513, Nimueh wrote:This interaction between SS and Lion is pinging.
I actually noticed that as well. I don't think it was explicitly scum, but I did think it was weird.
In post 1514, Nimueh wrote:If you contrast SS’ interactions with Lion which look somewhat partnery to me, with RC’s which do not, I think you can see a clear difference. Scummates generally don’t get too upset when a buddy pushes them unless they’re actually not getting along in the scum PT.
This is also pretty good. Hm.
In post 1563, OkaPoka wrote:the more i think about the more s_s = scum makes sense from a nk perspective

however

enigma has done like nothing
I'm also similarly here. I think Nimueh's case is very good, despite having Smart as a pretty strong townread earlier.
I'm trying to think what makes more sense.

Enigma:
- I think he makes some sense as Guilty's partner.
- The claim I think might be a little bit town? The "I told you so" part of the claim is kind of throwing me for a loop.
- I feel like if Enigma is mafia then he's totally given up? How common is that in these kind of situations?

Smart:
- I think he also makes sense as Guilty's partner.
- I'm still caught up on all of the interactions with RC.
- He makes a lot of sense as the last mafia in the sense that he's weakly still fighting pretty hard for his life but also seems demotivated.
In post 1577, Nimueh wrote:@apthet, where are you, we could use your help.
Hi! Yesterday was 4/20. That's my excuse. :oops:
In post 1579, Something_Smart wrote:I've been very clear about my solve. You are town, I'm town, Oka's town, RC needs to die, Enigma needs to die, we need to sort between Sky/apthet.
To be honest, this is hardly a solve at all? And it seems like you've hardly developed it since first saying this. You've got a single townread, two people who "need to die," and two people who "we need to sort" but that you haven't put much effort into sorting.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (isolation #59) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:03 am

Post by apthet »

What! Why me?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1598 (isolation #60) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:10 am

Post by apthet »

I'd hammer enigma too. But yeah, I'm with RC here, we have a lot of time.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1618 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1610, Something_Smart wrote:Damn, I forgot that I'm the only person here with the wincon of eliminating scum. It's not like this is a team game or anything...
I think this to me is anger coming from town. The rest of it reads as null.
In post 1611, Something_Smart wrote:Please stop interacting with me.
In post 1612, Enigma wrote:youre sus af for throwing shade on this without thinking
I agree with you on this.
In post 1616, Enigma wrote:also, im cant produce content if the accusation on me for being scum is shitty play - if you have a specific thing ive done that you think is scummy then ask and ill answer, but if you just throw your votes on me because my activity sucks well its not going to get more activity from me
Seems to me like a mafia response to ask what the arguments on you are so that you can respond to them. It sounds like someone who doesn't have an innate drive to solve the game and is also having difficulty finding an angle for self-preservation. I don't know, that just comes across as scummy to me.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1634 (isolation #62) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:21 am

Post by apthet »

UNVOTE:
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1635 (isolation #63) » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:22 am

Post by apthet »

I just wanted to feel included.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1704 (isolation #64) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:07 am

Post by apthet »

I've read up, and I'll come back to contribute some more substantial ideas, but first: oh my god, that role is so sick. I love that. Good job northsidegal.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1736 (isolation #65) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:27 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1644, RadiantCowbells wrote:i think town duck would have had a lot more to say to me directly about reads and what little stuff you asked me about felt completely trivial and like you were just interacting for the sake of interacting and spewing yourself town.
I think Skygazer makes a lot of sense as the last scum, especially since I have reservations about both Enigma and Smart.
Sorry to bring a setup-related point, but... does this role really make sense as scum? Seems like a total waste to bring in outsiders if you're scum?
On the other hand, maybe it's not bad enough to merit northsidegal adjusting it if it did land on scum?

Secondly, how motivated would Skygazer's crew be about this? They're presumably coming into a game that they don't have any real investment in and expected to contribute? To me it seems very easy to see them not being motivated to give it their best.
In post 1671, Skygazer wrote:tempted to self vote to get that sweet sweet vindication
People with more experience with Skygazer: Is this something she would say as scum?
In post 1672, RadiantCowbells wrote:Apthet idk
I guess one might say that I am an...

In post 1703, Enigma wrote:ok rc's case makes me think he is town. there is little need for rc to go to the effort of making up such a case when there is so much apathy in the game, and the last scum would be survivalistic - which if rc was scum its perfect because all the current wagons would be on town (from his pov)

rc's case on sky is somewhat convincing. but i do find sky's response quite natural and timely, like scum!sky would be a bit more concerned and deliberate.
@rc
was there any indication in the pt that you might hit sky with this case, or would it come as a surprise to her?

im still keen on ss
1. my earlier posts
2. his reaction to rc's case - like completely dodges it and reminded me of this
In post 710, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 707, OkaPoka wrote:s_s what does your scum meta look like?
Some combination of flying under the radar and stating and pushing reads in a horribly robotic manner.
VOTE: ss
This post isn't particularly suspicious but it's just reinforced how much sense Enigma makes as the last mafia again to me.
In post 1711, Nimueh wrote:This really looks like a town post to me. I still think Enigma has greater mislynch equity than scum equity.
I thought the opposite, but why do you think it's a town post?

Also, @Smart and Radiant: What's Nimueh's range as a player? As the last remaining scum do you think she would have the ability to drive what I thought was actually a really good case on Smart? This is basically the one reason why I'm writing off Nimueh right now.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1737 (isolation #66) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by apthet »

I would be willing to vote Smart today as well.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (isolation #67) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by apthet »

VOTE: Enigma
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (isolation #68) » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1635, apthet wrote:I just wanted to feel included.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (isolation #69) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by apthet »

Who did you recruit, Skygazer?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1852 (isolation #70) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1848, Skygazer wrote:any suggestions
Is there anyone who is well known for being very capable at reading people in this game?
In post 1851, Skygazer wrote:have nim and apthet claimed yet
Not by choice!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (isolation #71) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:50 pm

Post by apthet »

Me? Other than northsidegal, schadd knows, but I assume he wouldn't feel very happy about being asked to play mafia?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1857 (isolation #72) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:03 pm

Post by apthet »

Do you think Skygazer is town now?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1859 (isolation #73) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1856, RadiantCowbells wrote:basically what i'm saying is that if you don't give us some new information to TR you for you're the lynch after SS
What are you asking me to do? What does "new information" mean?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (isolation #74) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Post by apthet »

In post 1860, RadiantCowbells wrote:I dunno. spew yourself town. try to solve or something. :(
I think I've been doing my best to do those things throughout the game!
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (isolation #75) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:11 pm

Post by apthet »

I'd vote Smart today and Skygazer tomorrow.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (isolation #76) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:16 pm

Post by apthet »

Actually, change that to Smart, then Nimueh.

What changed your Skygazer read? Was it her role claim? The people she chose for her coalition? The things those people said? Something she said or did aside from that?
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1867 (isolation #77) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by apthet »

In our current conversation?

You said that if I don't give new information that you would vote me after Smart.
I thought that you were threatening me to try and get me to out my main. So I responded defensively.
You asked me who I thought the scum was.
I answered and then asked why you were townreading Skygazer to see if they were the same reasons I was townreading Skygazer.

So I don't really see how you're getting that interpretation.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1869 (isolation #78) » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:50 pm

Post by apthet »

One reason I was suspicious of you was that it seemed like you were jumping around a lot earlier in the game and trying to cast suspicion everywhere. It seemed so over-the-top that it was fabricated. I just don't really understand how your reads have developed at all. I asked that question in post 1200, and people told me that it was normal for you. Otherwise I think you've been pretty town. Also, apparently Skygazer's coalition has good intel on you, and I don't, so I have been trusting that.

Other than the role thing I thought that Skygazer was most likely scum. But the thing that changed my mind was that I keep going back to the role. I don't really know the strengths of Skygazer's coalition and can't really read into the motivations for her picking those people that well. But they seem like choices that town would make. I also am thinking, why would northsidegal not change that role if Skygazer got randomized as scum? It seems like such a useless role, and I know if I were recruited into a game where I can't actually form any reads and just have to help someone be less suspicious, that would just not really work like as a "team" thing. I probably shouldn't put a lot of stock into that at all, but it's just a small thought that I cannot get rid of.

I don't really have any great reasons to think that Nimueh is town other than her case on Smart. Which I thought was actually quite good. But Smart, who apparently knows Nimueh's identity, is saying that this is something that could be faked. There are certain things that she hasn't been paying attention to throughout the game, like Skygazer's coalition apparently has good intel on her, too, but I don't have as many reasons to think she's town which is why she's still been in consideration for me.

I think that Smart makes sense as mafia but I have reasons to scumread Smart (interactions, demotivation) and a lot of reasons to townread Smart (his emotional posts, side comments, specifically targeting you out and being paranoid of you). But I think all of those things, that I'm townreading Smart for, can be faked more easily than the things I'm townreading the other three for. So it's hard, really really hard to say who I think is the most likely to be mafia. Especially when I have to factor in all these reads that other people have on each other, because those people know other people much more than I know those people... but yeah, if it were up to me I think I would still go with Smart and then Nimueh.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2022 (isolation #79) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:50 am

Post by apthet »

That was a lot of fun. Thanks for modding northsidegal. Thanks for playing everyone.
sometimes i want to rest
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2024 (isolation #80) » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:54 am

Post by apthet »

It's okay! I'm disappointed that my reads weren't as good as they could have been but it was fun anyway.
sometimes i want to rest

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”