Micro 879: The Black Site [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:23 am

Post by teacher »

given prods and replacement, I wanted to confirm the deadline. Thanks!
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:28 am

Post by teacher »

In post 35, NotMySpamAccount wrote:You learned from teacher,
You knew I was coming.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:56 am

Post by teacher »

I don’t like either of the two leading wagons.

VOTE: voyc

Honestly nine pages over 13 days felt like a hella stilted game. I have a decently good town read on schia, Singleton/auro + Shoshin (kindly sign posts?), and NMSA. I’ve definitely seen spammy play like this, and it’s why he was my day one mislynch in that game. Hoping I learned something.

The other slot I just don’t feel comfortable calling town but don’t want to risk a mislynch on given participation levels is TDC.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by teacher »

Now that I am online and not on mobile, I suppose I should introduce myself for those I haven’t played with before. I am your friendly neighborhood teacher, who ordinarily dwells in the newb queue but sometimes visits others.

Kidding aside, I am ordinarily mobile and thought-process limited during the day (US/East Coast time; UTC -4) but log on after 8 to do some real work. Pleasure to meet/play with you all again. Now to do my real ketchup and respond to your questions. Apologies in advance for the wall.

Spoiler: Schia’s questions
I actually don’t like the modifications and was tempted to keep my slot’s obstinance, but will humor.
1. 20ish games, all but 2 here, all but 5ish in the newb que.
2. Lil Richard. He basically built the rock sound, and the flash performance art.
3. I like what someone said it the GTKAS queue recently – quiet authority. I effortpost.
4. Lack of spam
5. May the good lord burn all my kids cards.

Spoiler: ketchup now that Im at a computer
In post 92, Oversoul wrote:I have a lot of alts on MS.
Any connected personalities (alts or mains)? If not, can you say whether we’ve played together? Also, why the opening R&M vote in ?
In post 99, NotMySpamAccount wrote:n the other he replaced out, but also asked the questions and I think he was town.
Newb 1931, where I did not in fact replace out and was town. I didn’t ask the questions, that I recall, in 1923 (the RASgate game you reference). I linked 1931 because it is also my answer to @SchEll
Oversoul’s misreps Schell’s readslist. The list is not spoiled, its spoiled by player.
I like R+M’s through 133. I don’t see how Voyc doesnt have more clear thoughts – one way or the other - in . That was/is part of my answer below to TDC’s . To me it felt like keeping a leading wagon going to get a claim rather than genuine revaluating.
In post 166, Rick and Morty wrote:
In post 144, Oversoul wrote:Why did you misrepresent how many people were on the Schiavetto wagon in this post?
Do you think I'm scummy for doing so?
Kindly answer the question (@R+M, forget if theyre still here).
I like TDC’s feels good. A couple others struck me the same way. I was worried on mobile that it was too laser-focused to be town, but don’t think that on another read.
In post 208, Oversoul wrote:Explain those reads?
No. It was what stuck with me from a mobile read through. The ketchup spoiler above is probably better, and certainly better reflects my reads. If you have questions on any specific slot, feel free.
In post 207, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Why aren't you townreading Shell, Teacher?
That was a slot I wanted to reread on desktop so purposefully left off my readslist, but I got posturing vibes from (the repetition of the partner joke stuck in my craw early, as did the lamisty vote on Saudade). The later the day got, it got better. Im comfortable with a weak townlean on reread.
In post 211, TDC wrote:
In post 206, teacher wrote:I don’t like either of the two leading wagons.

VOTE: voyc
If you're starting a new wagon with two days to deadline it would probably help if you provided some rationale, as I don't see how it's going to leave the station otherwise.
This is probably answered by the 8pm thing in my intro (a bit later tonight due to other responsibilities), but I don’t like the meh-ness of their reads. Too much "probably." I also didn’t get their progression on R+M, and the backoff it while not changing a vote – seems just more flexible and less openly solvy advancing a push. Has asked enough questions, but isn’t following up – which makes it seem like makework.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 209, Kop wrote:I replaced in last night, I will over read this thread tomorrow.
But deadline....
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #215 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 210, shEll wrote:@teacher what game was it that makes you meta tr spam?
Answered in the ketchup spoiler above, but Newb 1931.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #6) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:25 pm

Post by teacher »

So, current readslist:
Schia, A+S
Schell, TDC
Spam, Kop
Oversoul
Voyc
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 218, TDC wrote:
In post 212, Oversoul wrote: Well, you are currently voting for someone who may or may not even be able to claim due to V/LA. That is fairly risky.
So your suggestion is I should only vote for people who are active enough that I can be certain they will be able to claim? :roll:
I read this as directed to me, not you, no? Given the quote and the voyc offer? Why butt in?
In post 218, TDC wrote:
In post 213, teacher wrote: I linked 1931 because it is also my answer to @SchEll
What do you see there that is a town tell for him here? I get that he is not someone who puts in a lot of effort, but unless this is known to be different as scum I don't understand how it makes you think he's town. I would agree that 1931 is closer to what he does here than the game that was posted previously, though.
Not so much of a town tell as a non-scum tell -- why they are in my null area. 75% town is town enough for me to let them live after Ive made this mistake before. I think its just a player that doesnt like D1 much.
In post 218, TDC wrote:
To me it felt like keeping a leading wagon going to get a claim rather than genuine revaluating.
What do you make of her still having her vote there? I mean it's still the leading wagon and all, but it's not really going places, is it.
Deadline inertia is a thing. I think that has a decent chance of being the lynch, though Id probably go to spam over Kop to make sure the day ended. Id much rather Oversoul or Voyc.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:07 pm

Post by teacher »

I debated responding, because doing so only leaves me one post until midday tomorrow, but decided between deadline and being a new arrival I would dip into my reserve if need be.

1. You're right, I didnt pay attention to the nested quote. I assumed it was to me but your read is more logical.

2. No, not a decently good town read. Poor/rapid mobile phraseology. I saw they were being pushed as lurky, and disagreed with that because the play was consistent with town!spam in my experience. The ketchup and tonight's posting is a more accurate capture of my reads and approach. An undesired lynch, but was conf!biased into phrasing it too strongly as a counterweight to the pushes/wagon there.

3. FYI, it took me a bit of detectiving to figure out who "her" was -- pronouns are difficult in multi-quotes, but this game only has one true her (shoshin is also). I dont think thats a likely partnership, but the walkback of that reads and others is what is giving me the go-with-the-flow vibe. (Sure, I can see a counternarrative of "arent wagons good for town for pressure" but then why not shift votes?)
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:40 am

Post by teacher »

In post 223, Oversoul wrote:
In post 213, teacher wrote:Any connected personalities (alts or mains)? If not, can you say whether we’ve played together?
Any connected personalities? I do not understand your question. If you started playing Mafia in 2018, then we have not played with one another.
Thanks for answering the primary purpose – I only trust my own lived meta strongly. Others I just skim. By connected personalities, though, I meant any other known-to-be-associated accounts (a main, another alt known to be the same player, etc)
In post 223, Oversoul wrote:
In post 213, teacher wrote:Oversoul’s 104 misreps Schell’s readslist. The list is not spoiled, its spoiled by player.
I acknowledged the weakness of the thinking, not sure why you say it is misrepresenting Shell.
Its misrepresenting what their readslist was. In fact part of the reason you are as down as you are on my readslist is that I think you misrepped that slot twice (on the spam meta-read as well).
In post 229, Skygazer wrote:
Schiavetto has requested replacement.
Can you update us regarding deadline given this development?
In post 230, Voyc wrote:@Teacher, Ig
Ig?
In post 230, Voyc wrote:@Teacher, could you explain to me your read on Schiavetto?
Not on mobile that well, but doesn’t seem to be interested in making charisma presence and seems to be sorting in his way. Similar to meta to our newb game together (cant remember which offhand – one of mine in the 20s I believe – possibly 1925, wherever MJL had a solo scum win.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:19 am

Post by teacher »

VOTE: nmsa

I’m around. I had PMed the mod about deadline and asked in thread following the schia replacement. I’d rather flashwagon this if we can but able to go anywhere before deadline.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 am

Post by teacher »

And over soul isn’t on Koo anymore. They moved to voyc w me. So best to come join the spam wagon to get it to L-1
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:36 am

Post by teacher »

Not suddenly -- I said this a day or two ago, but Spam is actually null whereas I had some townpings from R+M (Kop's slot).

More it was your deadline concern -- Oversoul had left Kop's wagon to join me on Voyc.

But I didnt notice you were on Spam.

Me, Id rather spam to Kop, but I will be around until deadline and will see if mod comes on or what happens. I can make a hammer wherever needed tho.

I do agree you should keep your vote on Kop until at least one more player comes on and indicates a preference, because I will go there if need be.

PEdit: Also not L-1, because you were there before. to get to that level, I need to join you on Kop (my bad), which I will do if need be.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:46 am

Post by teacher »

Might want to freeze the deadline in the VC. Will the replacement be given time to read?

VOTE: Voyc
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:54 am

Post by teacher »

In post 246, Oversoul wrote:VOTE: Spam

Goodbye my spiced friend.
Was this an attempt at a lolhammer? 2 hrs after the deadline announcement?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by teacher »

I got to be honest, I used to do whole long cases (Im writing my first one in about 6 months tonight), but mostly I gutping people and try to determine why. Thats what stuck out when trying to figure out why.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (isolation #16) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by teacher »

VOTE: Oversoul

I have to catch back up. Kop should probably claim if they havent already because I will go there to get a hammer through before deadline. I apologize that I hadnt realized it had been two days. I actualyl need 2 hours to do real life stuff, but will be on fpor the last before deadline.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #17) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 263, Oversoul wrote:I find it odd that he would not try to flashwagon Voyc and instead opts for Spam, considering it might be easier to convince TDC to vote Voyc than it is to convince anyone else to vote Spam. If Spam is town, this is sus.
I thought I commented on this but I don’t see it in my ISO. This post fails basic math. I was on Voyc with you 1+1=2. Convincing TDC brings it to 3 - two short of a lynch just hours before deadline. Better to use existing parked votes of players who are not online to get closer to a lynch.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (isolation #18) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by teacher »

A bit to mechanical focused and not engaging. I liked R+M in the 130s and feel like this is the D1 deadline mislynch.

You on the other hand have been keeping the game active when there really isn’t scum motive to do that, but several of your posts have read just flat wrong to me - like I know we are going to have difficulty getting on the same page and it’s making me wonder about sane alignments.

A+s is right that this intro is well within their town meta. I also feel better about lmao/spam being town with their intro. Speaking of, @295 (sorry not taking the time to mobile link) do I know you by another name lmao?

I went to you because I’d rather the wagon with you and voyc not go through, but I will get one across if. Red be.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by teacher »

I am caught back up and have seen Kip hasn’t claimed. I would rather Oversoul but will give formsl
intent

Before deadline so that it is clearly seen.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (isolation #20) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:36 pm

Post by teacher »

@Oversoul, will you say the same about switching before deadline if she’ll comes back?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #375 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:45 pm

Post by teacher »

Ah valid. I suppose I should be looking to see if there is anyone else on the kop wagon who will switch. I saw some vlas so need to figure out who that is now. I think lmao, but TDC said they should be around this time.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 364, Skygazer wrote:
VC 1.16Kop (4): lmao, Voyc, Oversoul, TDC
Oversoul (2): Kop, Auro and Shoshin
lmao (1): shEll
Voyc (1): teacher

Not voting (1): Lil Uzi Vert

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2019-07-15 02:30:00).
Just want this on this page. Oversoul is now at 3, with me as the last joiner.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #391 (isolation #23) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:08 am

Post by teacher »

In post 390, shEll wrote:shEll is definitely fucking scum.
Love the double entendre. And no, its not me. I said Id go there before deadline too, even before you did :P. Plus I think I am now pretty sortable.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (isolation #24) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:41 pm

Post by teacher »

@shos, what’s your history reading saudade? I have a feeling they were in Rick and Mortg, which also made me question from Luv’s slot. Only other note of interest from p1 is TDC and r+M RVS crossvoting.

I get the feeling like there are multiple other private threads going on here. Can anyone share the original game advert? Is it possible there is multiball with 2 2-person teams unaware of the other and only a 5 member town? Like at this point I believe I have seen what would be a mason claim AND another sign of a separate thread. I’m not going to elaborate who or where for now, at least until I have a better feel for the setup.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (isolation #25) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 131, Rick and Morty wrote:Yeah but we're not lynching "antitown" we're lynching scum
This was true :lol:
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (isolation #26) » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by teacher »

+ + = VOTE: LUV
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:19 am

Post by teacher »

Howdy. I got prodded - my bad. I’m down on a lake w my fam but will put in some thought tomorrow.

I could see TDC but am surprised nobody is playing with my LUV theory, which despite LUVs shade, is a lot more than lazy set up spec. R+M misrepped the count on that slot, effectively ending the wagon.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by teacher »

I’m not sure I follow - are you saying Oversouls replacement into the game ended the wagon? A replacement target of Oversoul? What are you pointing to.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (isolation #29) » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 400, TDC wrote:It should be obvious that nsg and I are not masons.
Ummmm..... I never even suggested you were? Actually my mason thing was a big ole bag of trash, as I discovered after the fact. I thought shells partner claim that struck me early was actually claiming mason partners with spam. Lmaos flip should have stopped me but I didn’t put the replacement together at the time. But why did you think I was suggesting you two?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (isolation #30) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:57 am

Post by teacher »

In post 461, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 236, teacher wrote:VOTE: nmsa

I’m around. I had PMed the mod about deadline and asked in thread following the schia replacement. I’d rather flashwagon this if we can but able to go anywhere before deadline.
This vote from Teacher is awful, though. Voting Spam right after Shell's. Teacher, what the were you thinking? Makes me think Teacher over TDC as scum.
I was thinking exactly what I explained in -- I had both at null, and would (wrongly) rather have lynched Spam (pre-lmao) thank Kop, because I had townpings from R+M's posts in the 130s. It was 5hrs before deadline choosing between my two null wagons and trying to get the one Id prefer lynched. You'll note that deadline concerns animated my play right around this time, including encouraging Schell to keep their vote on Kop because I didnt know who would be online when we then had appr. 4ish hours.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #470 (isolation #31) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:59 am

Post by teacher »

In post 462, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 216, teacher wrote:So, current readslist:
Schia, A+S
Schell, TDC
Spam, Kop
Oversoul
Voyc
It just seems strange that Teacher would vote for Spam over Kop when he seems to read them about the same. Plus he knows that we strongly townread Spam and didn't want that slot lynched.

I just noticed that we weren't as clear about townreading Spam as I thought we had been. It was a main point of discussion in discord but I guess we didn't post about it as much as I thought. I think if Teacher had behaved as he had while knowing that we strongly townread Spam, then I'd be much more inclined to lynch him today over TDC. As is, I'm not sure. Will discuss with Auro plus anyone else who is around.
I wasnt that clear on your reads. Plus, and I know we have had disagreements about this in the past, but I dont put that much stock in your reads anyways - prefer my own. Like I believe you thought your slot was town and was giving you a daypass, but you should be able to read me better than this is suggesting.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:31 am

Post by teacher »

Northside, can you jam with me a bit about TDC v. LUV?

I see what you are saying about TDC, but dont you see the same interactions, even both ways a little more (i.e., from R+M/Kop -> Schia/LUV)? And if not, how is the wagon (TDC on, LUV off) not a tie-break? TDC could have gotten off at any of our several near deadline experiences with only slight associational pings.

Put another way, what about LUV is redeeming them/making them higher than TDC for you? If the answer is nothing; that TDC is just lower, fair enough. In that case I'll give intent +24hrs after your answer as I think this game is stalling a bit. But if youre seeing something Im not, Im open to hearing it.

Actually, while I focused the question on NSG (since I see Voyc as essentially following her reasoning), the same question could go for to Schell.

@Schell, in , you suggest Me->TDC wins the game. Why are you leaving LUV out of it?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:40 pm

Post by teacher »

I don’t have objections at all to this (I. Fact it’s been an nimating concern of mine since I rarely get prodded but don’t notice how this game is lagging), but should I take this to me. That the three prod rule is flexible?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #484 (isolation #34) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:47 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 479, TDC wrote:teacher: I don't follow your nsg inquiry. If she has no good reason why LUV is town you are ready to hammer me. This implies you would act differently if she had a good reason to read LUV town. How does that make sense?
It was more conversational and less methodical than I think this portrays it. I’m asking her to engage with the fact that I see LUV as more scummy than you. The hammer bit was to take away the incentive to try to sell me on you, versus actually see where I am coming from on LUV.

That said, flipping a read on one slot also can often flip a read on others. See, for example, me pushing Voyc all day yesterday and then flipping that read and not pushing them at all today now that Kip’s alignment is known. If NSG sells me on town LUV, I’d want to go back to my board and reevaluate rather than commit to a hammer.

Bottom line, though, is All of this is a lot more thought than I put into the actual wording of the post, which was largely - NSG, consider LuV.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:24 am

Post by teacher »

Or maybe respond to direct questions pending to you -- see 477 and 478 -- might be more helpful at getting things happening than rereading. Try writing.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (isolation #36) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:26 am

Post by teacher »

In post 454, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Nobody hammer yet please. We have a lot of time until deadline & I'd like to use it.

-Shoshin
Hows that going for you :lol:
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #37) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:00 am

Post by teacher »

In post 488, Auro and Shoshin wrote:You think TDC is town, Teacher? Please explain.
Ummmm, I don’t. You think I’d offer to hammer someone I townread? PleSe explain?

I find LUV scummier. My list rn:
Me
NSG
Voyc
She’ll
You TDC
luV
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (isolation #38) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 492, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 489, teacher wrote:I find LUV scummier. My list rn:
Me
NSG
Voyc
She’ll
You TDC
luV
Why are we as scummy as TDC?
I’ll answer yours when you answer mine. Why did you think I townread TDC?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 7:47 am

Post by teacher »

Sho, my question is still pending, despite your hammer. Also, why hammer rather than answer, or allow NSG to answer the one directed to her?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (isolation #40) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:17 am

Post by teacher »

^ seems like quite the bizarre and strong statement from someone who wrote , giving Voyc a hard town read. Like, clearly your reads were off (Oversoul and TDC werent scum), but I would think it would take more than a directed and specific question and (semi-consistent) sheeping of others reasons all game to make you suddenly suspect of that slot in particular.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #515 (isolation #41) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 511, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I have an idea about who I want to lynch but we'll see what everyone else says plus Auro first.
What the idea? The game is stalling nd waiting for others clearly isn’t doing the trick.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (isolation #42) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:20 am

Post by teacher »

In post 519, Voyc wrote:@A+S, why teacher over LUV?
Mostly a prodge, but definitely want to see the answer to this.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #43) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:51 am

Post by teacher »

My take on you is VERY conflicted. Like I fully believe you townread your slot. But you've been far less active than I'd expect. I view not answering questions as NAI with you, but see it as perhaps sticking to identifiable meta things you generally do. I agree w/ your townblock, but think lynching me today would be the right thing for scum you to do to push LUV tomorrow. You are my PoE pool, with me favoring LUV but you as my backup scum slot.

The questions was to flesh that out and see if Sho would get more active. Right now, Ive gotten more scumtingles from you (a double unexplained hammer and lack of WIM) than LUV, but think R+M/Kop was more negatively associated there. I also found it telling that LuV's supposed readlist did not try to do any associational reads from known!scum--that was odd.

Im very good with massclaim. I'll go last for reasons.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by teacher »

Popcorn to Luv. I meant what I said.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #45) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 528, Auro and Shoshin wrote:
In post 523, teacher wrote:But you've been far less active than I'd expect. I view not answering questions as NAI with you, but see it as perhaps sticking to identifiable meta things you generally do. I agree w/ your townblock, but think lynching me today would be the right thing for scum you to do to push LUV tomorrow.
I've been very busy in recent days.
You did have us at the top of your reads list in - why?
What I'm concerned about is how we we went from there to the bottom now.

What are your thoughts on Shell?

-Auro
I was pretty clearly reading the game wrong as of 216, yea? Pushing Voyc and defending Kops slot? So why should I stay w the same reads?

It’s not that you moved so much, as opposed to that those around you did. Voycs push on Rick nd Morty and Rick and Mortys on them was not bussing from either direction. She’ll was also on that wagon hard and early. You, on the other hand, avoided it until hours before deadline when two other players had already said they would hammer, and just came in. It struck me like you wanted the towncred for being on wagon and would hope the timing would fade.

That is when you flipped down below both voyc and shell, because of new knowledge. In other words, the end of day one made me slightly more suspicious of you, but way more confident in those others. And completely reevaluating based on new info is pretty townclearing for me, as Krazy would tell you based of meta.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (isolation #46) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 530, teacher wrote:Popcorn to Luv. I meant what I said.
Eh, I’ll humor A+S’s order partway and popcorn it to shell.

Auto, trust me on going last.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (isolation #47) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 533, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Both me and Shoshin are the most suspicious of your slot - I'd be happier with you going last if you had crumbed your role.
If not, can you crumb it somehow now?

-Auro
It’s crumbed.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (isolation #48) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 534, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 522, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Let's do a massclaim. Popcorn? We can start.

Teacher, what's your read on us (apart from the question)? Can you explain your progression on us?

Shoshin would like to know what you gain from the questions to her.

-Auro
Why at this juncture?

Any decent moderator will make mass claiming harmful to the town more often than it is beneficial. Making sure that a game cannot be broken in favour of town by mass claim should be very high on the list of priorities when coming up with a new game.
Because three slots (a majority) favor it.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (isolation #49) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:29 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 533, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Both me and Shoshin are the most suspicious of your slot - I'd be happier with you going last if you had crumbed your role.
If not, can you crumb it somehow now?

-Auro
Why is Shoshin not coming in here, btw. Clearly she is keeping up enough to talk w you - or at least you’re giving that impression. My bottom line is that I have played w her four times that I recall - twice with her as a leading poster, and twice with her taking a back seat to the game. Twice with her as town, and twice as 3P or scum. The roles go w the activity.

I get more than others that real life is a thing and should be respected. But I also think there is a WIM that doesn’t let real life get in the way sometimes, and is all-to-willing to let it get in the way others. I do activity read Sho to a certain extent, and part of why you have slipped down is the lack of it, whether or not you think that’s fair.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #540 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:38 pm

Post by teacher »

You’ve said your most suscpicious of my slot, but not the why. Could you case both me and LIV and explain how I come out lower?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by teacher »

Re the kop associations: do I really kill the author of over voyc (who was also fairly Utr) or Schell (same, other than you) last night? Likewise, do I kill lmao (Who I know and townreads me in and 296 over Oversoul, who was spewed town by being the counterwagon and is being replaced by known scumhunter NSG?

It feels like your analysis of me ended D1 and hasn’t taken further developments - any nk, being a leading poster D2 and 3 so far - into account.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (isolation #52) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 2:17 am

Post by teacher »

In post 541, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Primarily the Kop associations at the end of D1.
Given we're conflicted about every other slot (and Shoshin says she sees little towntells from you as well) I think I'll wait for the claims to finish, then re-read the game and see where we get.

-Auro
LUV has similar kop associations (not on wagon, avoided) though less vocal. This is why I asked for a comparision. I’m granting you that, but asking what “towbtells” you see there. Personally, their readslist - without any attempt to associate known scum and designed to push two hard mislynches early and leave the slots with bad kop associative for later game - is why they are my hardest scumread. But they weren’t yours. Why?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #53) » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 545, Auro and Shoshin wrote:It's untrue that I was leading poster in the first game you played with me.
Not the, a. You posts 38 times in the first to tell if days, Nd enough content for people to confidently meta read you by post 100. You were th gravitational center of the game. Like elephants early vote come not because you said you were going to read up, but because you said I was definitely scum Nd you wanted to read to find my partner.

I appreciate your responding. But I don’t appreciate both your and auro missing the thrust of my question. Why was I lower than LuV (you guy are supposedly talking about all slots, so you must know the reasons). Why did you hammer with multiple questions pending yesterday? Why did you hammer D1 after functionally ignoring the wagon (for “secret” reasons) rather than allow the person who had claimed intent? What are my “secret” unique towntells you notably refer to but never disclose?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #552 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:47 am

Post by teacher »

ARRRGGGH.

First, youre entitled to your own opinions, as I am entitled to mine. But you are not entitled to your own facts. Every factual statement I made about 2042 was true.
  • "You posts 38 times in the first to tell if days [two real life days]": Yep.
  • "enough content for people to confidently meta read you by post 100.": Yep.
  • "you said I was definitely scum Nd you wanted to read to find my partner.": Yep.
  • "elephants early vote come . . .because you said I was definitely scum": Yep.
So take your faulty memory and shove it. We have different perspectives on the same game. I remember it just fine, and no, you were not the only player to TR me.
Which brings me to the second point:

My questions are useful. To me. I dont give a rat's ass whether you think they are useful or not - we clearly approach and think about the game in quite different ways. Have the respect for another player -- in fact two other players, since Voyc asked them too -- to answer them. I think its more that people are more willing to put up with your bullshit disrespectful fancypants play and drop it than I am.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #553 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:21 am

Post by teacher »

In post 529, Skygazer wrote:
shEll has been prodded.

teacher is on V/LA.
Any update on ShEll?

FYI, for the board, my V/LA is a trip to iceland tonight. Thereafter I will be mobile limited and off-hours while backpacking - Sky has my proxy if I havent checked in to replace me without prodding, but I will do my best.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #554 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:32 am

Post by teacher »

In post 551, Auro and Shoshin wrote:'ve pointed out scummy things from you, Shell, Voyc, and LUV.
Um.... False. I just Iso'ed you and controlled F. Youve pushed me and, to a lesser extent Shell. You have not pointed out a single scummy thing from LuV at all. For Voyc, the only negative comment is in , where Sho calls them self-conscious and passive: atmospherics, not specific things.
In post 551, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I think we've been pretty clear about the fact that you defended Kop whereas LUV didn't.
True. But go back to . Does scum typically hard defend their partner? Or, since you read my scum games for 2042, do I as scum do so?
In post 551, Auro and Shoshin wrote:You ask why I hammered with multiple questions pending? Why is this even a question from you? You know I don't answer questions, yet somehow you think it's relevant to my alignment? Please explain the intent behind this behavior.
But the questions werent pending to you. They were pending to NSG who was the obvious NK. Your hammer prevented getting additional reactions and reads from an obv!town slot. Why?

Calling my questions "bad", "dumb", and "pointless" is just ad hominem bluster. I want to understand your thought process. You dont want to give it, thats your choice.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #57) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:09 am

Post by teacher »

To be clear, it’s premylo not lylo. But I agree. Feel free to also answer any questions while we wait :P
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #563 (isolation #58) » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:52 am

Post by teacher »

Don’t try to do math when jet lagged.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #565 (isolation #59) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:14 am

Post by teacher »

Both voyc and I have requested later postings, so we are waiting for Shell.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:41 am

Post by teacher »

@a+s: stop trying to dictate shit. I’ll go last. It can be confirmed.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #586 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:11 pm

Post by teacher »

Neighbozor, crumbed in my opening post - first paragraph. Picked voyc D1 and Schell D2.

I think voyc and my roles cross confirm as town, and I think PK/FMs VT claim basically confirms both us and them as I had discussed this in the neighborhood. A town w just traffic andalust and latent encryptor would be underpowered against scum encrypt and scum neighbor.

That PK/FM still claimed vt despite this theory being public (and then already reading it because they knew my claim) makes me feel confident in my LUV-> A+S solve.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #587 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 579, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Fish, claim.
Voyc, unless you crumbed your role, next.
Teacher, Voyc also had reasons to "claim last" and I suspect you more than him so...

-Auro
For the record, his was claim later not last.
In post 213, teacher wrote:Now that I am online and not on mobile, I suppose I should introduce myself for those I haven’t played with before.
I am your friendly neighborhood teacher, who ordinarily dwells in the newb queue but sometimes visits others.
Crumb btw.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (isolation #63) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:07 am

Post by teacher »

Want to hear a+s’s readslist at this point.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (isolation #64) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 am

Post by teacher »

In post 592, Auro and Shoshin wrote:1. Why did teacher neighborize Voyc and Shell? NSG/Oversoul/lmao were all better targets to help gamesolve, if not my slot. Voyc was also apparently his top scumread on D1.
Because you can learn things after flips. Voycs push on rick and Morty and vice vera was not s/s. I would have done Oversoul but I expected that slot to die btw being a counterweight to scum and NSG’s replacement (friendly reminder that although you list them separately here, that is one slot). Voyc was a more effective target than lmao imo, since I believe lmao would have been solving in thread without private discussion had they been left alive.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (isolation #65) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:30 am

Post by teacher »

In post 592, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Teacher's claim in no way "confirms" him as town. In a world with scum!teacher, it's {1Encryptor+1Neighborizer} vs {1 N2 traffic cop + 1 Encryptor + 6 VT}. Sounds plausible.
This gives ALL active communicative roles to scum in a game that the advert said emphasizes communicative roles. Not plausible IMO.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (isolation #66) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:25 am

Post by teacher »

In post 595, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I assume Voyc claimed to you in your neighborhood before you said anything about multiball?
Awww cute you have a question and want an answer. Me too.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (isolation #67) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:45 am

Post by teacher »

In post 517, Auro and Shoshin wrote:I want to lynch teacher into LUV.
I think shEll and Voyc are both town.

-Auro
In post 592, Auro and Shoshin wrote:Shoshin and I have serious concerns about Teacher's play.

1. Why did teacher neighborize
Voyc and Shell?
:lol:
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #603 (isolation #68) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:49 am

Post by teacher »

želim te
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (isolation #69) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:26 am

Post by teacher »

What about after D1 - when they had been neighborized and when an encryptor had already flipped? Or are you just focused on the miller-like claiming D1?

Why are you still not factoring in known!scum associatives into your reads?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (isolation #70) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by teacher »

Care to provide reasons?

I’m trying to decide btw you and A+ S so actual resining from either of your slots would be helpful. You on me, A+S on the pending questions- Sho has said she won’t answer which is not surprising but seems different than what I’ve seen of auro.

Also it’s typical to announce L-1
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (isolation #71) » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:32 pm

Post by teacher »

intent around noon.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (isolation #72) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:40 am

Post by teacher »

VOTE: luv
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (isolation #73) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:39 am

Post by teacher »

I’m good w releasing my thread.

Shoshin :lol:

I liked this game generally. Sure it dragged at points but it lacked a lot of the superfluous fluffposting that although ai I don’t enjoy. I’d definitely play w geriatric again.

I can’t speak to balance w/o a scum flip D1. It was definitely informative as to my wrong approach to the game.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #629 (isolation #74) » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Post by teacher »

Great modding as always sky.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”